ZFG Civil Case: Casey's Deposition #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
George and Cindy are not being sued. Are they upset about Casey being sued? I haven't heard a peep from them about it.

Haven't heard a peep from them? Did you not watch them lie their way through their depositions ?

My scenario (educated guess only):

LE comes to see ZG and asks, "Are you the ZG who drives a _____?" (because they used driver's license records to find her info). Yes, says ZG. Then, "You have two kids named J and M?" Yes, says ZG. "You visited Sawgrass Apts on June 17?" Yes, says ZG. Well, says LE, this girl Casey Anthony is accusing someone with your name of kidnapping her child from Sawgrass.... ZG says I don't even know this girl, signs her statement, LE says sorry for bothering you (because they have already figured out Casey's whole story is almost certainly a lie) and leaves.

ZG leaves the conversation with the impression that Casey used her name, car info, and kids' names to ID her and is pretty freaked out. She talks to Morgan and says, "This girl Casey Anthony used my name, described my car, knew my kids' names, and everything!" Morgan thinks, "fun!", calls a paralegal in, and repeats all the allegations for use in a complaint. The paralegal has been following the news and knows "ZFG" is the name of the kidnapper, and Morgan just said Casey knew the client's name, car, kids, etc., so the paralegal types in "ZFG." The fee agreement just says "ZG" because who uses middle names in fee agreements?

Eventually, Morgan and his team start paying attention to the facts and realize that ZG is not ZFG, that Casey didn't describe her car or use the names of her kids, etc., but by then they've gone too far and made too many statements to the media to just drop the lawsuit. So instead they are making the best of a not-too-great case. But they don't go out of their way to correct anything until the associate (I think he's an associate--apologies if not) goes on TV and says, "um, well, her name is actually ZG not ZFG" when a reporter refers to her as ZFG. At that point, Morgan has to correct the record or it looks like he's intentionally misleading the court.

I'm sure that Morgan et al have the jail video where Casey refuses to vindicate Zenaida when she has the perfect opportunity to do so in public- she even identifies her in that conversation as "the girl from Kissimmee". How many people would ever have heard Zenaida's name were it not for what Casey said about her.

Haven't heard a peep from them? Did you not watch them lie their way through their depositions ?

Yeah, I think we can safely say they were upset that Casey was being sued by ZG. ;)

My scenario (educated guess only):

LE comes to see ZG and asks, "Are you the ZG who drives a _____?" (because they used driver's license records to find her info). Yes, says ZG. Then, "You have two kids named J and M?" Yes, says ZG. "You visited Sawgrass Apts on June 17?" Yes, says ZG. Well, says LE, this girl Casey Anthony is accusing someone with your name of kidnapping her child from Sawgrass.... ZG says I don't even know this girl, signs her statement, LE says sorry for bothering you (because they have already figured out Casey's whole story is almost certainly a lie) and leaves.

ZG leaves the conversation with the impression that Casey used her name, car info, and kids' names to ID her and is pretty freaked out. She talks to Morgan and says, "This girl Casey Anthony used my name, described my car, knew my kids' names, and everything!" Morgan thinks, "fun!", calls a paralegal in, and repeats all the allegations for use in a complaint. The paralegal has been following the news and knows "ZFG" is the name of the kidnapper, and Morgan just said Casey knew the client's name, car, kids, etc., so the paralegal types in "ZFG." The fee agreement just says "ZG" because who uses middle names in fee agreements?

Eventually, Morgan and his team start paying attention to the facts and realize that ZG is not ZFG, that Casey didn't describe her car or use the names of her kids, etc., but by then they've gone too far and made too many statements to the media to just drop the lawsuit. So instead they are making the best of a not-too-great case. But they don't go out of their way to correct anything until the associate (I think he's an associate--apologies if not) goes on TV and says, "um, well, her name is actually ZG not ZFG" when a reporter refers to her as ZFG. At that point, Morgan has to correct the record or it looks like he's intentionally misleading the court.

Thank you for the response. I've had the same thought as far as the police leaving ZG with the impression that Casey named the kids and described the car, although that doesn't explain Morgan's imaginary ZG brother from NY. Still, the factual information, including Casey's statements to police, were readily available to the public at the time the suit was filed. Wouldn't it be expected that a reputable attorney would have done some fact checking prior to filing the suit, just to make sure he didn't end up with egg on his face later? And there is still no reasonable explanation for ZG not once correcting the mistake about her name in the legal docs and by the media. She claims she went to the media to clear her name - wouldn't the first and most obvious way to do that be to simply say, "That's not my name, therefore it's not me she's accusing"? Of course, if she'd done that, there'd be no more fame, no more (paid?) interviews, no lawsuit....her 15 minutes would be up.

The depositions were ages ago, before G and C were on the outs with Casey. I have no idea how they feel about it now. For all I know, they may have decided to get on with their lives and put Casey and her problems out of their minds, in order to restore their own sanity.

Thank you for the response. I've had the same thought as far as the police leaving ZG with the impression that Casey named the kids and described the car, although that doesn't explain Morgan's imaginary ZG brother from NY. Still, the factual information, including Casey's statements to police, were readily available to the public at the time the suit was filed. Wouldn't it be expected that a reputable attorney would have done some fact checking prior to filing the suit, just to make sure he didn't end up with egg on his face later? And there is still no reasonable explanation for ZG not once correcting the mistake about her name in the legal docs and by the media. She claims she went to the media to clear her name - wouldn't the first and most obvious way to do that be to simply say, "That's not my name, therefore it's not me she's accusing"? Of course, if she'd done that, there'd be no more fame, no more (paid?) interviews, no lawsuit....her 15 minutes would be up.

I would have asked more questions, like, "So did the police actually say that she gave your kids' names?" etc., and read whatever records had been released that were relevant, before filing the lawsuit. There was no hurry. I think Morgan just got caught up in the process and didn't think to himself, "maybe this lady is jumping to conclusions."

I'm too lazy to check all the interviews to see if anyone actually addressed her as "ZFG" and she didn't correct them. But I find it hard to believe she read the complaint (as she said she did) and never noticed the "ZFG" all over it. Even the least sophisticated client would say, "um, is it OK if that's not my real name?" :waitasec:

I think she was really freaked out that (she incorrectly thought) Casey had all this specific info about her, but then progressed fairly quickly from being really freaked out to hoping she could make some lemonade ($) out of the lemons.

I would have asked more questions, like, "So did the police actually say that she gave your kids' names?" etc., and read whatever records had been released that were relevant, before filing the lawsuit. There was no hurry. I think Morgan just got caught up in the process and didn't think to himself, "maybe this lady is jumping to conclusions."

I'm too lazy to check all the interviews to see if anyone actually addressed her as "ZFG" and she didn't correct them. But I find it hard to believe she read the complaint (as she said she did) and never noticed the "ZFG" all over it. Even the least sophisticated client would say, "um, is it OK if that's not my real name?" :waitasec:

I think she was really freaked out that (she incorrectly thought) Casey had all this specific info about her, but then progressed fairly quickly from being really freaked out to hoping she could make some lemonade ($) out of the lemons.

Absolutely. And it's possible the LE investigator who was not Yuri, or John wrote out his report that ZG denied knowing KC and included all the information he had gather from Sawgrass and I'm guessing the police officer did not have all the information he needed at the time to correct the mistakes. Didn't they check ZG out right away? It's possible Morgan used the information on the police report as it was stated. Really, would anyone be surprised that there was a lot of confusion when KC was involved? She counts on it. jmo

Okay folks a quote from JB. Somehow I think when this goes to court we will all say "oh, now I understand." lol

Looks like there may be a delay due to request from ZGs attorney:

http://cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2012/3/11/will_we_soon_find_ou

Casey's first civil trial is scheduled to begin in April.

Judge Lisa Munyon has already denied a motion from Anthony's attorneys to push the trial back to a later date.

But now, Gonzalez's attorneys are expected to ask for the trial to be pushed back, because of a conflict. Two of her lawyers have other court cases the day before the civil trial is scheduled to begin -- one in Osceola County, and one in Jacksonville.

Wow, she looks good. Quite a difference from her photos showing off her bare body parts and smooching up some young kid.

If that's her, she must have had plastic surgery as well. The face is not even remotely the same especially the eyes. I don't believe this is Z(notF)G at all. Look at the body shape. ZG is short and plump. This woman is somewhat taller and has a nice figure 8 shape. No way is this her.

Casey Anthony News13 ‏ @CFNews13Casey Close
Judge: You have the right to subpoena Casey for trial

Casey Anthony News13 ‏ @CFNews13Casey Close
Judge: You have the right to subpoena Casey for trialCasey Anthony News13 ‏

@CFNews13Casey Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Bottom line Casey can be subpoenaed if they can find her -Web

If that's her, she must have had plastic surgery as well. The face is not even remotely the same especially the eyes. I don't believe this is Z(notF)G at all. Look at the body shape. ZG is short and plump. This woman is somewhat taller and has a nice figure 8 shape. No way is this her.

Not sure why Morgan would take a picture of someone else and claim it was ZG. It certainly looks like her and apparently she has lost some weight. And when you lose weight don't you tend to look taller? She really looks good. A new hair style can really make a difference. Whatever she has done is working for her. jmo

JACQUELINE ‏ @jackiefell Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Greene does not have to tell Zenaida Gonzalez' attorneys where #CaseyAnthony is living

BOOO

Greene does not have to tell Zenaida Gonzalez' attorneys where #CaseyAnthony is living

BOOO

she is after all, an endangered species... teflonicus liaricus

Well we know Morgan has PIs working for them. I am sure she can be found if they want.
We all want to see her in court but, won't it be better if she doesn't show up ?

Of course it's her

BOOO

So does that mean that KC's attorneys are not willing to cooperate. Didn't M&M ask permission to serve her attorneys on KC's behalf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member