ZFG Civil Case: Casey's Deposition #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FERNANDEZ-GONZALEZ, ZENAIDA vs. ANTHONY, CASEY

11/07/2011 Notice of Taking Deposition(s)
AMENDED

11/07/2011 Motion for Protective Order
EFERNANDEZ-GONZALEZ, ZENAIDA vs. ANTHONY, CASEYMERGENCY Motion for Protective Order

11/04/2011 Notice of Taking Deposition(s)
NOTICE OF TAKING DEPOSITION

11/04/2011 Motion to Compel
MOTION TO COMPEL

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ForThePeople/emergency-motion.pdf

And, here is the latest motion filed today, by Morgan/ZFG.

Interesting to see that this is their game - now this Judge seems to be boxed right up against the wall. How could she possibly make a decision for OCA based on this motion, without looking like she is unduly favoring OCA?

Such silly legal games these Defense lawyers play!

PS and thanks Sun for your devotion in continuing to bring us the updates on this case so promptly! Much appreciated!

:floorlaugh:
Surprising how simply worded it is. It's not legalese jargon in any way at all.
Maybe they want to ensure OCA understands every single word of it

Glad you mentioned that - it just plain simple and downright chatty - as if he was speaking it and not writing - no mention of precedents or other cases or anything. Mr. Morgan states his opinion and says she "shouldn't" be able to but it isn't backed up by anything. It's almost written in a gossipy - hey no fair - kind of a style....:waitasec:

I actually found that quite strange.:waitasec:

Glad you mentioned that - it just plain simple and downright chatty - as if he was speaking it and not writing - no mention of precedents or other cases or anything. Mr. Morgan states his opinion and says she "shouldn't" be able to but it isn't backed up by anything. It's almost written in a gossipy - hey no fair - kind of a style....:waitasec:

and...... they used everybody's favorite word in #4 on p. 2 of this Motion.....[info in brackets mine for context]. Hopefully there will be NO THWARTING by FCA!!

"4. .....She [FCA] should not be able to THWART discovery from her side and plow full speed ahead with discovery from the other side [trying to get ZG's info before FCA is made to actually answer the questions].. ....."

:cupcake:

and I even found the THWARTCAKE icon without spending 15 minutes looking for it :great:

and...... they used everybody's favorite word in #4 on p. 2 of this Motion.....[info in brackets mine for context]. Hopefully there will be NO THWARTING by FCA!!

"4. .....She [FCA] should not be able to THWART discovery from her side and plow full speed ahead with discovery from the other side [trying to get ZG's info before FCA is made to actually answer the questions].. ....."

:cupcake:

and I even found the THWARTCAKE icon without spending 15 minutes looking for it :great:

Thwartcakes are my very favourite!!! :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Sigh, for all the sadness and heartbreak this case brings us - some of it has been just so silly and fun!.....

And, here is the latest motion filed today, by Morgan/ZFG.

Thanks Sun

Hmm
Let's see..in a nutshell..

Casey Anthony has avoided being questioned for years using the 5th Amendment as a Shield

Casey Anthony is stonewalling, the criminal case is over.

Casey Anthony is improperly using the 5th Amendment as a sword trying to get ahead of the plaintiff in the deposition process

Casey Anthony should not be allowed to refuse to answer questions, hide behind the 5th Amendment and then depose the plaintiff..then pop up and skip to the front of the line

With one exception-That a defendant may not use the Fifth Amendment as a sword.
While you are correct that he did not cite one specific case, there are hundreds that he could have cited. And it's just plain ole (tort) law 101, IMO. The Constitution was not written to punish people, it was written to insure liberty in the face of the ever-present threat of tyranny. Morgan could go on about that for pages and pages, but he chose to KISS.
His anger is palpable as well it should be. KC has mocked this case time and time again, and it's not up to her to mock it, or us to mock it, or anyone else. It was accepted as a legitimate case by the courts when they refused to toss it, and now it has to be heard regardless of KC's opinion of it or her attorneys' attempts to delay it on shaky grounds.
Here's the part that makes no sense to me, but I guess I'm not one of them smarty pants lawyer types: How can KC countersue under the guise that Zenaida's claims are false and causing her duress...but on the other hand refuse to answer questions that, if she were so darn innocent of lying about Zenaida, would clear her in the civil claim? Instead, she is basically saying that if she answers the questions she could incriminate herself (criminally) of lying to LE about ZG, but she is countersuing because she isn't lying about this Zenaida...Huh? Remember the question about why she did not clear this Zenaida from Kissimmee? If I read correctly, she refusd to answer that question.

While you are correct that he did not cite one specific case, there are hundreds that he could have cited. And it's just plain ole (tort) law 101, IMO. The Constitution was not written to punish people, it was written to insure liberty in the face of the ever-present threat of tyranny. Morgan could go on about that for pages and pages, but he chose to KISS.
His anger is palpable as well it should be. KC has mocked this case time and time again, and it's not up to her to mock it, or us to mock it, or anyone else. It was accepted as a legitimate case by the courts when they refused to toss it, and now it has to be heard regardless of KC's opinion of it or her attorneys' attempts to delay it on shaky grounds.
Here's the part that makes no sense to me, but I guess I'm not one of them smarty pants lawyer types: How can KC countersue under the guise that Zenaida's claims are false and causing her duress...but on the other hand refuse to answer questions that, if she were so darn innocent of lying about Zenaida, would clear her in the civil claim? Instead, she is basically saying that if she answers the questions she could incriminate herself (criminally) of lying to LE about ZG, but she is countersuing because she isn't lying about this Zenaida...Huh? Remember the question about why she did not clear this Zenaida from Kissimmee? If I read correctly, she refusd to answer that question.
She's back to countersuing?
I guess I should read the motion...it'll be my "fun" activity tomorrow...lol.

Oh please don't misunderstand me - you are absolutely correct and I fully support everything he has said - and yes, I believe those precedents are out there. My comment was just a side "thing" because I had gotten used to seeing "the prosecution" listing case after case as their reasoning for a motion, and I like it when they use "big sticks" when filing a motion. Particularly for a judge who seems to be not particularly brave in her decisions.

:floorlaugh:
Surprising how simply worded it is. It's not legalese jargon in any way at all.
Maybe they want to ensure OCA understands every single word of it

I was a bit surprised as I read through it, and I don't think it was well written at all. Not sure what is up with this, though perhaps there is a reason. I'm getting a very strange feeling that this civil case may never ever make it to a trial.

Ahahahahahaha! "Pop up and skip the front." Best wording in a motion EVER!!!!! I'm envisioning Casey popping out of a gopher hole and the skipping like a squirrel to the front!!!!

She must be sooooooo mad if she reads motions. I love it!!!!

I do think she dropped her counter suit, though. I found that out just a few months ago and was so shocked about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum