ZFG Civil Case: Casey's Deposition

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So does this mean she has to stay in Orlando until Oct.?

So does this mean she has to stay in Orlando until Oct.?

Nope! As long as you answer on the day specified you can go to Atlantis till then. LOL! And I wouldn't bet the farm on any depo taking place in Oct, 2011 either.

Seriously? She's a minor and I really am just wasting my breath. :banghead:

Threats are never warranted or okay. Even against Casey. I don't care for a lot of the things JB does but he's doing his job, (rather poorly to put it mildly IMO). Even jokingly, *** shouldn't drag his family into this. They didn't do anything.

I admit that he has a website called for the people. However, you must bear in mind how much he makes working "for the people".

See all this huge settlements advertised on site? He will be taking on average 35% of that as a contingency fee.

That's normal in the US for a good attorney. Unlike KC's attorney in her case who took all her money. lol

I also do not recall any questions about how Caylee died on the original questionnaire that KC was asked to fill out in lieu of a deposition. In his OS, JB claims Caylee drowned in the pool, which is a different story than she orginally gave to police. So did JB open a door. I think he did or they would have just let her plead the 5th and be done with it. jmo

And if he doesn't win he doesn't get anything.

Oh, I very much doubt he is all that concerned about his contingency fee in this case.

The amount of TV time he is getting here is astronomical.

greene says evaluation of #CaseyAnthony shows she is emotionally unstable -jfell

OMG really? You would have thought that. Puhleeeeeeeeeze, just default judgment and get out of there.

Couldn't they just present the psych eval they did during trial? Thought it said she was competent. I guess that is different that stable.

I admit that he has a website called for the people. However, you must bear in mind how much he makes working "for the people".

See all this huge settlements advertised on site? He will be taking on average 35% of that as a contingency fee.

You have to keep in mind that if they lose this case they make no money at all! You need an attorney to take a civil case or any case to court; although anyone can take a case to court on their own but most do not go that way.

Most of the time in a civil case, they don't take a retainer, and will only take a case if they have a good shot at winning the case. I won three cases in civil court because of an attorney, and my son won a big case with the NFL with an attorney. Giving them 33 1/3% of the outcome is worth the money especially if you win the case!

That's normal in the US for a good attorney. Unlike KC's attorney in her case who took all her money. lol

I also do not recall any questions about how Caylee died on the original questionnaire that KC was asked to fill out in lieu of a deposition. In his OS, JB claims Caylee drowned in the pool, which is a different story than she orginally gave to police. So did JB open a door. I think he did or they would have just let her plead the 5th and be done with it. jmo

Nothing to do with JB opening a door. He couldn't. For one, as I understand from the US attorneys on this board, he cannot bind his client in his opening or closing statements.

I don't see how they will ever find her to a depo then unless she does go back to the Anthony home which i highly doubt.

They don't have to find her. She has to show up. If she does not show it may be a default in favor of ZG. jmo

They may be well established but they never stop advertising. And they seem to be treating this as free advertising to show that they are good guys.

Believe me, all of this grandstanding with this deposition, streaming it live, etc has nothing to do with protecting his clients interests. Indeed, his clients interests would be best served with a small settlement and public apology and acknowledgement that ZG is innocent and had nothing to do with Caylee's disappearance and death.

Other questions such as how Caylee died are not particularly helpful to his suit and have very little to do with the issues of controversy in this claim.

He's always advertised this frequently AND he's got a ton of billboards in the area... always has. I firmly believe he does what he does out of quality of character and not trying to become a publicity hound. He releases the depos because we all want to see them! He's not making money by releasing the depos. Plus, he was kinda a hard a$$ in the CA and GA depo so if that was the case, it could have royally backfired.
Again JMO

Just trying to dispel the myth that he is working "for the people".

Believe me he would drop this case as soon as it no longer suited his firms interests.

Since people pay him money to represent them he DOES indeed work 'for the people'. :)

And any firm, lawyer or not, would drop anything no longer suited to their interests. SOP.

This is poetic justice folks. The DT gets to deal with an emotionally unstable Casey. It isn't like being able to visit her in the Orange County Correctional facility and then leave after an hour for a day at the beach. NO they own her.

They don't even realize it yet, just how much these book deals are going to weigh on their own personal time, energy and how great the emotional toll of dealing with her will take on them.

The first time Casey is left alone for too long and she rings up Baez to get over there for some made up reason only for her to bare her teeth at him, flailing her arms. Oh yes this is going to be a long bumpy road for the DT. Until Baez has locked in his deals he will not let Casey out of his grips.

I'm guessing they might not wait till tomorrow night to release her they might try to sneak her out tonight.

:lol: :lol: Makes me laugh.

They said "emotionally" unstable...which does not have to be a diagnosis, IMO

Impulsive actions, rapidly shifting moods, and chaotic relationships. The individual usually goes from one emotional crisis to another. Often there is dependency, separation anxiety, unstable self-image, chronic feelings of emptiness, and threats of self-harm (suicide or self-mutilation). This disorder is only diagnosed when these behaviors become persistent and very disabling/distressing.
Source(s):
http://www.mentalhealth.com/dis/p20-pe05…

BBM When did this happen to her? Since the verdict? No, to throw something out there like that......you HAVE to have something to back it up or ANYONE could say that to avoid a hearing indefinately!!!

Nope! As long as you answer on the day specified you can go to Atlantis till then. LOL! And I wouldn't bet the farm on any depo taking place in Oct, 2011 either.

They could send Leonard Padilla, Bounty Hunter, out to find her.

Yes.. ALL lawyers that take on these kind of cases do! that's like an unwritten rule. You expect that going in.

Wow, she manages to get out of everything! She didn't seem very "mentally unstable" on the day of her sentencing..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214