ZFG Civil Case: Casey's Deposition

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's so funny. That is exactly what my 19 yr old said first thing when she saw her. HOW DID HER HAIR GET SO LONG? My DD has been trying to grow hers out after a faulty haircut with bangs and layers. LOL

The second thing she said was 'wasn't she convicted a long time ago?'

I happened to be out for lunch with my kids when the verdict came back. My son got a tweet on his iphone and he tactfully gave me the bad news. They knew how emotionally invested I was so they tried to act comforting. My 23 yr old son said if there were guys on the jury she would never be found guilty anyway. He said she is pure evil but some guys cannot see past big b___'s.
And my daughter said ' Mom, don't worry. The devil gets his due. '

My kids have grown up well. lol

Ahem, there is more than one way to fill in that blank and have your sentence make sense.:innocent:

Wonder what Judge Jose "sweeps week" Rodriguez will be like in court now? He was almost as hard to watch as the crying judge from Anna Nicole.. Seidlin?:waitasec:

At first I found him hard to watch as well....then I started picturing him as George Takei, and it made it all better...and hysterical!

In al truthfulness, as odd as he seemed, he seemed to be a very serious and mindful judge-

-He wanted a calm courtroom
-He wanted thoughtful debate
-He told JB his place was not in HHJR's courtroom as long as he was not an atty of record
-He told JM/KM that they did not understand what it is to face the DP and that they were going to have to learn patience
-He told DianeT that she did not appreciate the seriousness of this defamation suit and that her client would not be able to escape JM forever
-Other than making JM wait until after the criminal trial, he has scheduled everything fairly expeditiously

I think making JM wait under normal circumstances was a double edged sword...on the one hand, if KC were to admit, on the stand, in her criminal trial that she lied about ZG, ZG's chances of a win could take a nose dive. Or maybe not, maybe ZG would claim the damage was done.
On the other hand, if KC refused and kept up the story at trial, it may have been a boost for ZG.
But these were not normal circumstnces as HHJR so long-windedly put it....KC faced the DP.
KC sorta did the latter-As of mid-June of this year, KC refused to admit her lie even though her defense attorney said that Caylee drowned. She also continues to counter sue and oddly, to me, KC refuses to admit the truth about Zenaida unless ZG drops her suit. To me, that makes it look worse for KC-as if she is saying that she will keep up the lie unless she benefits. Of course her attorneys won't spin it that way, but from a plaintiff's POV, that is what it smacks of.

Not sure why she would plead the fifth if she was not planning on appealing her sentence. If she were to plead the fifth she is saying she cannot testify because she may incriminate herself. Could that be all JM really wants to prove his case? I don't know. jmo

HHJR was not so high on her doing it the first time but he let it pass because of the nature of her criminal case, specifically the DP. He may be more helpful, if he can legally maneuver it, to ZG if KC tries it again, since lying to police does not carry the DP.

M & M can, IMO, use the fact that she is a convicted liar against her, however, so perhaps HHJR will want to tread lightly yet again, not allowing the civil jury to hear that she is a convicted liar until or unless she is convicted without appeal.

HHJR was not so high on her doing it the first time but he let it pass because of the nature of her criminal case, specifically the DP. He may be more helpful, if he can legally maneuver it, to ZG if KC tries it again, since lying to police does not carry the DP.

M & M can, IMO, use the fact that she is a convicted liar against her, however, so perhaps HHJR will want to tread lightly yet again, not allowing the civil jury to hear that she is a convicted liar until or unless she is convicted without appeal.

I have visions of HHJR being called away for some reason and HHJS having to step in. lol

It bothers me that Morgan has so many facts wrong. I wonder if the suit would have been allowed to progress if the judge were aware that so much of what Morgan claims is false.

I spose he decided a jury should try the facts. Maybe he's smart, maybe he's lazy, or maybe he thinks KC is a liar like the two other judges that came in contact with her taint zone.

Okay, that last sentence is staying for posterity...

Don't worry, it's all good. We all want to see Casey pay for her lies, although I don't think she's capable of learning that lying is wrong, she'll just try harder to be a better liar. Believe it or not, I'd love to see ZFG win her case and, considering the way our judicial system has been working (or rather NOT working) lately, she probably will. I just don't think she should. I also don't like the Morgan is using so much false information to push this case forward. If he had a case based on real merits, he wouldn't need to do that.

BBM

Well, it seemed to work for the Defense Team.:dunno:

I wonder if Z's attorneys have consulted with the state on how to question her.

Given they want her released w/o media attention, the list may be bogus just ~~ my :twocents:

It would be ironic that the OC Corrections Facility would falsify documents for KC. Once KC steps through those doors they no longer care what happens to her because she is no longer in their charge. Not that they would want to see her hurt, just that the responsibility for her safety is no longer theirs. LE has pretty much said the same thing. It is up to her attorneys to take care of business for her.

Wonder if she'll get served with LP today. Now that lawsuit I don't think will go anywhere. He bonded her out whether she was guilty or innocent does not matter to him. He was just the bond bailsman. jmo

If it happens, will it be made available to the public?

JM was planning on streaming the deposition live at one point. If it is taken at the jail, doubt that will be streamed. I would imagine it would still be recorded. I am sure JM will want to get it out to the public as soon as possible - if it happens at all.:twocents:

JM was planning on streaming the deposition live at one point. If it is taken at the jail, doubt that will be streamed. I would imagine it would still be recorded. I am sure JM will want to get it out to the public as soon as possible - if it happens at all.:twocents:

Because of the media attention, because her attorneys want her to go to a facility for mental stress issues, because her attorneys also want to hide her for her own safety and because she is now sitting in jail and has nothing to do, I'm thinking the judge may allow it. And because KC also has a countersuit, it seems like an easy solution to both their problems. jmo

Because of the media attention, because her attorneys want her to go to a facility for mental stress issues, because her attorneys also want to hide her for her own safety and because she is now sitting in jail and has nothing to do, I'm thinking the judge may allow it. And because KC also has a countersuit, it seems like an easy solution to both their problems. jmo

I'm thinking it will be an exercise in futility as it appears she will probably just take the fifth on all relevant questions, but it is interesting to watch the process. MOO.

I was having a discussion about this case with my sister that lives in Missouri.. I live in Central Florida. Honestly the fact that everything is released to the public and then blasted all over the TV and thanks to the cable News Networks all over the world..is a VERY BAD IDEA!.. I feel and so does my sister that the main reason why we got the jury we did and the verdict we did is because it was too difficult to find people that had not heard about this. I mean you have to basically be living in a cave with no TV, radio, no cable, no newspaper no internet and never looked at a magazine to have NOT heard about Caylee Anthony and TOT MOM.

I'm starting to think that releasing information that has to do with an investigation that remotely has the POSSIBILITY of going to trial needs to be kept private until it is determined there will be no trial or until the trial is over.

jmo.

I was having a discussion about this case with my sister that lives in Missouri.. I live in Central Florida. Honestly the fact that everything is released to the public and then blasted all over the TV and thanks to the cable News Networks all over the world..is a VERY BAD IDEA!.. I feel and so does my sister that the main reason why we got the jury we did and the verdict we did is because it was too difficult to find people that had not heard about this. I mean you have to basically be living in a cave with no TV, radio, no cable, no newspaper no internet and never looked at a magazine to have NOT heard about Caylee Anthony and TOT MOM.

I'm starting to think that releasing information that has to do with an investigation that remotely has the POSSIBILITY of going to trial needs to be kept private until it is determined there will be no trial or until the trial is over.

jmo.

Judge Strickland could foresee what was happening with JB and suggested a gag order. JB declined saying it was unfair because of the Sunshine Laws. Then JB went on National TV and the case became famous. The gag order would have prevented the media exposure. Local media still could have gotten ahold of the discovery documents but it is possible they would not have bothered more than any other case.

JB put it front and center from the beginning selling pictures of a missing Caylee for KC claiming Caylee had been kidnapped when apparently he knew all along Caylee was dead. I think he would have been prevented from selling the pictures if the gag order was in place.

So either KC murdered her child, or Caylee's death was an accident that KC deliberately tried to make look like a murder/kidnapping so she could be found innocent and make millions for the media selling her story. Remember JB never said KC was "not guilty". He always said she was innocent which leaves me to believe she told him in the beginning Caylee drowned.

Anyone else remember when KC was out on bail and JB wanted the judge to let he and KC "search" on their own without the media following them. My guess is JB wanted the exact location of where Caylee was so he could get rid of the duct tape. I think that is what DC was looking for but was not aware of the duct tape, hence JB telling DC he needed to call JB first before calling LE. If the duct tape was still there they would have needed to get rid of it. jmo

Judge Strickland could foresee what was happening with JB and suggested a gag order. JB declined saying it was unfair because of the Sunshine Laws. Then JB went on National TV and the case became famous. The gag order would have prevented the media exposure. Local media still could have gotten ahold of the discovery documents but it is possible they would not have bothered more than any other case.

JB put it front and center from the beginning selling pictures of a missing Caylee for KC claiming Caylee had been kidnapped when apparently he knew all along Caylee was dead. I think he would have been prevented from selling the pictures if the gag order was in place.

So either KC murdered her child, or Caylee's death was an accident that KC deliberately tried to make look like a murder/kidnapping so she could be found innocent and make millions for the media selling her story. Remember JB never said KC was "not guilty". He always said she was innocent which leaves me to believe she told him in the beginning Caylee drowned. jmo

While I agree with most of what you said.. The entire MEDIA onslaught cannot be placed solely on JB. Cindy and George Anthony started that ball rolling and jumped in front of every camera they could. There's plenty of blame to go around for everybody.

In response to the bbm: That was a stupid risk to take, knowing the DP was on the table and not knowing that she would be acquitted. I don't even think JB could have predicted she would be acquitted.

It's unreal how much her hair grew in 3 years. Lying must really be good for the hair follicles.

Well, they say 6" a year is the average. x 3 = 18 so it's about right.

While I agree with most of what you said.. The entire MEDIA onslaught cannot be placed solely on JB. Cindy and George Anthony started that ball rolling and jumped in front of every camera they could. There's plenty of blame to go around for everybody.

In response to the bbm: That was a stupid risk to take, knowing the DP was on the table and not knowing that she would be acquitted. I don't even think JB could have predicted she would be acquitted.

Don't forget Nancy Grace!!
devil.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members