• No, it is not, it is reasonable to ask the family these things

Votes: 117 76.0%
  • Other/explain/dont really care

Votes: 4 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that ZG says her daughters knew Casey through the tattoo place. Hmmmm...

Where have you read this Princess???

ETA - I won't post the link but that Krauss guy who uses a lot of swear words did an interview with ZFG and has some interesting information...

Interesting that ZG says her daughters knew Casey through the tattoo place. Hmmmm...

what? link please? this has never been said before, people have tried to suggest her ex-boyfriend but no proof came with that either.

ZG never even had met the family before, ZG told FOX affiliate WOFL-TV in Orlando, but she said her world was turned "upside down" after the little girl's mother, 22-year-old Casey Anthony, gave ZG name and other details about her life to police.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,431041,00.html

Yet another life ruined by Casey!!!:behindbar

I can understand her outrage but no need to capitalize as the whole country is tanking due to the economy. Her case will be a criminal case if LE decides to pursue it...not a national media alert. If her credit cards or bank accounts have been compromised then this will be addressed in court. And, prosecuted.

Please do not get swept into innocent victims and need of money. This is real risky business.

Good! I hope they sue the pants of Casey...err..,maybe they should sue the pants on her, judging by some of the photos.

If I were Ms. Gonzalez I would be furious too!

Where is this posted ? I heard her say in the interview that her daughter does tats but didn't hear her say KC knew her daughters from Cast Iron .

So, if my name is Zenaida Gonzalez, do I get to sue too?

Doesn't Casey have to own a home to have homeowner's insurance?

Well, yeah, to have homeowner’s insurance you have to own a home. But for J.M. to sue all he has to prove is that Casey's a resident, which she is... :blowkiss:

So, if my name is Zenaida Gonzalez, do I get to sue too?

Anyone can try to sue somebody, but if you can't prove intent you don't have a case. The Zenaida in question has a legitimate case and can prove intent...
:)

Well, yeah, to have homeowner’s insurance you have to own a home. But for J.M. to sue all he has to prove is that Casey's a resident, which she is... :blowkiss:

O I agree, as she is legally bound to live there as a condition of her bail, the $50K of which they posted on her behalf that apparently fell from the sky.

Only if you were at Sawgrass apt. around the time KC claims she dropped Caylee off :)

The only claim Casey has made is that she dropped Caylee off on the 9th, 8 days before ZG visited the Sawgrass. Of course we know that Casey did not actually hand Caylee over to ZG on any day and that it couldn't possibly have been before the 15th even if it were true, but I wonder how that's all going to play out in court.

Not exactly, says that Casey (or her attorney) will have to answer to the allegations in the lawsuit, and then he will start scheduling depositions.

Seems like that could take some time, any legally-minded people here want to give a guesstimate?
Is there any way for her to get out of doing a depo if it's court-ordered?

Morgan says "Guess what? Zenaida Gonzalez is going to push back for all of us."

Says he will invite all national media to be there. heh

The response to a summons/complaint is normally due 20 days after the complaint was served. I'm not sure when the Casey (or JB) was served but since the news broke on the 29th (IIRC) that would make Casey's response due on the 20th of October. (If it was served earlier, of course her response would be due earlier...d'oh.) She can respond earlier, but if she doesn't respond, the court will give ZG a default judgment for whatever damages she is asking.

Response is the beginning of the formal discovery period. The court will set the hearing date and that will be determined pretrial. Casey may just settle this out of court and that would avoid interrogatories, production, depositions, etc. But, ZG would have to accept the terms of any settlement offer.

This will be interesting to watch. If it actually goes to trial, Casey will have to answer all the discovery requests and although she can refuse to answer questions (5th Amendment) she may be compelled to produce documents and others can be subpoenaed...just like in criminal court. Like everybody that she ever told about ZG - Cindy, George, Lee, friends, etc. They have no sort of immunity - they can also invoke their 5th amendment right, but how will THAT look?

This civil case will be very expensive for anyone involved - if they retain legal counsel and that's not going to make her "friends" too happy.

How do YOU spell circus? C-A-S-E-Y

The response to a summons/complaint is normally due 20 days after the complaint was served. I'm not sure when the Casey (or JB) was served but since the news broke on the 29th (IIRC) that would make Casey's response due on the 20th of October. (If it was served earlier, of course her response would be due earlier...d'oh.) She can respond earlier, but if she doesn't respond, the court will give ZG a default judgment for whatever damages she is asking.

Response is the beginning of the formal discovery period. The court will set the hearing date and that will be determined pretrial. Casey may just settle this out of court and that would avoid interrogatories, production, depositions, etc. But, ZG would have to accept the terms of any settlement offer.

This will be interesting to watch. If it actually goes to trial, Casey will have to answer all the discovery requests and although she can refuse to answer questions (5th Amendment) she may be compelled to produce documents and others can be subpoenaed...just like in criminal court. Like everybody that she ever told about ZG - Cindy, George, Lee, friends, etc. They have no sort of immunity - they can also invoke their 5th amendment right, but how will THAT look?

This civil case will be very expensive for anyone involved - if they retain legal counsel and that's not going to make her "friends" too happy.

How do YOU spell circus? C-A-S-E-Y

And anything they say can be used against them in the criminal case . If there's an out of court settlement in the ZFG case can it still be used in the criminal ?

Nope, no way... But she can take the fifth, which I expect her attorney will advise her to do.

At least in my state, when you invoke the 5th amendment in a CIVIL case, an inference can be drawn against you that what you might have answered is unfavorable, and it doesn't insulate you from liability. Defendants who refuse to respond to discovery in a civil case can suffer all sorts of consequences that could even lead to a judgment being entered against them. It's only money, not a loss of liberty. I imagine the defendant will try to dismiss it, or avoid giving a deposition or anything until her criminal issues are resolved. Think Casey would like to answer questions about doing internet searches on the name?

The only claim Casey has made is that she dropped Caylee off on the 9th, 8 days before ZG visited the Sawgrass. Of course we know that Casey did not actually hand Caylee over to ZG on any day and that it couldn't possibly have been before the 15th even if it were true, but I wonder how that's all going to play out in court.

But then there's that Fathers Day video ...........and Z was at Sawgrass on the 17th June :)

this ZFG was down on her luck before this all came about. I think she is seeing $$$ signs and just wants a piece of the pie.
I 100% totally agree with you. Someone out there for fame and $. Next she will be writting a book about how Casey ruined her life. She is the one that went on the news ECT there is more then one person with her name in the area I don't see the others on the news or filing suits.

And anything they say can be used against them in the criminal case . If there's an out of court settlement in the ZFG case can it still be used in the criminal ?

Yes, anything they say in a court of law is sworn testimony and could be used. That's why a settlement would be much preferred by Team Casey. The testimony could be used, but not the outcome of the civil trial. The burden of proof is lower for civil than criminal, so if she loses her civil case, it would not be mentioned in the criminal case.

No. Settlements almost always contain a confidentiality clause for all parties. The terms of the settlement would not be disclosed IMO. And settlements usually happen without testimony - but not always. It wouldn't make sense for Casey to answer all the discovery requests and then try to settle. She'll try to settle this without answering any questions at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon