• No, it is not, it is reasonable to ask the family these things

Votes: 117 76.0%
  • Other/explain/dont really care

Votes: 4 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd change my myspace to private and I'd back out of the limelight until it was all over.
Clearing your name is one thing, making money off of Caylee's disappearance is wrong.
It's wrong no matter who does it.

Exactly! I do not doubt for a minute that the majority of us here debating for boths sides of this suit would deny her an oppertunity for an avenue to clear her name. I believe that many of the ones that feel this suit will fail, myself included just cannot find legal basis on which to prosecute and therfore think it is just a waste of time in the legal system.

I think she has a much stronger argument going after the media, and they have deeper pockets to boot! I think JM's fear is he knows the case will fail otherwise why not include the media that put her information out there. If you look at the florida statutes EVEN the editor can be sued for this, if they can prove libel from any one of the various media sources.

Sue the Sentinel their editor can be sued sue the news station the head guy there can be etc etc. Why not persue this avenue? .... they know they have no real case that can be upheld by law and while those pockets can be deep they have well paid lawyers to protect their freedom of speech too.... imho

I don't know much about these things, but think it will be difficult for ZG to prove her case. As someone else here mentioned, Casey didn't directly spread her story to the public.

Chilly Willy, you're cute even with a beak.
6a00c22523b6f28e1d00d4141f2d4e3c7f-200pi

I'd change my myspace to private and I'd back out of the limelight until it was all over.
Clearing your name is one thing, making money off of Caylee's disappearance is wrong.
It's wrong no matter who does it.
How do you feel about people like Nancy Grace, Geraldo, News Stations, reporters and the like clearly making money off of this case? Is that wrong? Who can benefit and who can't?

How do you feel about people like Nancy Grace, Geraldo, News Stations, reporters and the like clearly making money off of this case? Is that wrong? Who can benefit and who can't?

I do not think a single person, regardless of position, should ever make a dime from a missing baby, probably deceased ,and it sickens me. I do hold a particular disdain for those closest to her, however. And those that literally prey on families going through this nightmare.

Honestly?
Everything about this case bothers me.

Every single time I read about someone else making a buck off of Caylee, it leaves a foul taste in my mouth.
Fortunately for everyone involved, it's not up to me as to who can or can't benefit.

It's like a train wreck.
I hate this media circus, yet still I'm drawn to it.
News is one thing, tabloid fodder is another.

Honestly?
Everything about this case bothers me.

Every single time I read about someone else making a buck off of Caylee, it leaves a foul taste in my mouth.
Fortunately for everyone involved, it's not up to me as to who can or can't benefit.

It's like a train wreck.
I hate this media circus, yet still I'm drawn to it.
News is one thing, tabloid fodder is another.

I agree, news is one thing tabloids is definately another.

You need the news media, but I don't think that everytime someone farts in this case they need to report on it..... we seriously do not need multiple news reports daily on this case, we want it as you say because it's like watching a train wreck you cannot take your eyes away but we don't need it. We here in particular want it because we get alot of our details in aiding our sleuthing afforts from it but that is a different story. When I am not doing this I actually get sick of hearing this kind of stuff in the news over and over, and often wish they would shut up until they have something substantial to discuss instead on one line of new information and 80 lines or repeat information.....

We wouldn't have any news if the media didn't make money, for sure. MY BIG BUTT (hahaha) in this is:

But I don't feel anyone in the family should be able to earn money because their child / gd is missing. The moral compass on that is just way off. If that starts happening more, is there not going to be a case someday that we find out they 'kill' their child in order to just earn the money that is about to come there way? jmo

Hour-long interview with ZG, posted 9-30.
http://thedailybs.com/news/?p=942

Hmmm the name of the site is dailyBS . That is exactly what I saw / heard . Let's dissect this piece by piece :)

First there was nothing either reporter found or reported that had any sort of shock value IMO. The reporter claims to have been lied to but yet fails substantiate such claims or more specificly what ZFG has lied about .

Reporter makes claim that her name is not ZFG but rather ZCG , several possible explanations are possible . Here's a few if the documents reporter provided are in fact this ZG.

1. C could be a middle name not a last name like the F would represent example Z C F G , she could still be ZFG just not use the middle name .

2. Could the C represent a married name later dropped at time of divorce

The reporter offered NO proof there is no F involved with this ZG , regardless this is still the ONLY ZG associated with Sawgrass apts .

Next the reporter suggests that because ZFG is recieving SS and or Child support . The documents supplied are dated 2004 and appear to be in conjunction with either a custody or child support order . There is nothing provided by this reporter that is proof that ZFG IS NOW RECIEVING SS , support or gov. assist . Unless the childs natural father is dead or receiving SS then ZFG or her children would NOT BE ELIGIBLE for SS period . SSI is an entirely different matter , even so reporter provided NO proof of either .

Child support is based off of income provided by the absent parent , in some states both parents income is calculated in determining the order for support . Could be 5 bucks a wk or $200 ordered , doesn't mean he's paying it or that she received it . Again reporter never supplied a dollar amount in reference to such claim .

Next the reporter suggests a look at why she is broke but only povides proof that supports the fact that she is broke and can't pay her debts . Duh

What was provided have dates back 1998 ........Hello

The forth item the reporter provides only backs up the claim that she is in fact broke . Again the dates on these documents are 2007 and hold no water IMO . What does an eviction in 2007 have to do with her current situation ? If the reporter is laying down foundation that ZFG was broke before the KC story , I haven't heard anyone including ZFG say she was not . She herself has said she was struggling before and how does this in anyway imply she not a victim in this case ???

The fifth item states purportedly meaning Assumed to be suchthe network paid for her rent, food . Offers NO proof !!
He further states ZFG propositioned him in the tune of $1500 in exchange for her interview . This would only hold merit if the reporter would have asked ZFG on record if she did in fact attempt to solicit payment from him for $1500 in exchange for the interview . Reporter NEVER mentions this in the audio portion of the interview .

Next the reporter claims that because he posted a picture of ZFG standing next to a hummer that she is the owner of said vehicle . Many people on Myspace have pictures of them selves standing next to cars/trucks doesn't mean they own them . So again NO proof that ZFG is driving around a hummer .

The reporter goes on to say ZFG is a con artist that has lied to the American public in an attempt to make them feel sorry for her while she collects CS & gov assist. WTF ????? LOL

He continues on to say this is the reason he refuses to post paypal info .

I never heard anywhere in the interview did ZFG ask , beg or push anyone to help her out by contributing to her paypal account that someone else asked her to set up because that person wanted to help . I have yet to see ZFG pushing a paypal account .If she has I haven't seen it .

This post is MOO

I do not think a single person, regardless of position, should ever make a dime from a missing baby, probably deceased ,and it sickens me. I do hold a particular disdain for those closest to her, however. And those that literally prey on families going through this nightmare.

Great post! And I agree with you!

Most days go by and I can put this case up on the shelf while I go about my real life but then on other days (like today) I don't want to put it back on the shelf.
I want to slap some sense into the people who allow this to go on day after day without answering what happened to this two year old baby girl!

How dare they!

And to every single person who has made one stinking dollar off the death of this child .... YOU are what is wrong with our great nation.
You and the people like you that only care about yourselves, always putting yourself first with your greed and self importance have eaten away at our collective decency like a cancer.

For everyone here who has recognized the wrong and tried to make it right, I applaud your efforts and support you all the way!

Don't let the scumbags wear you down or make you think that what you are doing is not important. It is important. More than most realize.

When you stand up for something you believe in, you can never go wrong.

I don't know much about these things, but think it will be difficult for ZG to prove her case. As someone else here mentioned, Casey didn't directly spread her story to the public.

Chilly Willy, you're cute even with a beak.
6a00c22523b6f28e1d00d4141f2d4e3c7f-200pi

I am kinda cute, aren't I? LOL! Thanks, I stole it as you can probably tell.

Nancy Grace, etc. are making money for providing a service. Although Nancy is on my last nerve with the was she's sensationalized this case, it is her job and that's what she's paid for, she's not paid on a case by case basis.

ZFG has apparently misled the public in many ways, including about her actual name. How am I to believe that hundred's of people somehow found her cell phone number and called her with threats in the middle of the night? No way would I vote in favor of her prevailing in this suit if I were on the jury.

There is no proof that ZG mislead anyone regarding her name. If he really believed that she was lying about her name he would of brought it up in the interview. Her phone number is plastered all over the place as well as the address for the hotel all you have to do is google. IMO ZG has been nothing but honest and its a shame the accusations continue.

Nancy Grace, etc. are making money for providing a service. Although Nancy is on my last nerve with the was she's sensationalized this case, it is her job and that's what she's paid for, she's not paid on a case by case basis.

ZFG has apparently misled the public in many ways, including about her actual name. How am I to believe that hundred's of people somehow found her cell phone number and called her with threats in the middle of the night? No way would I vote in favor of her prevailing in this suit if I were on the jury.

Hmmm the name of the site is dailyBS . That is exactly what I saw / heard . Let's dissect this piece by piece :)

First there was nothing either reporter found or reported that had any sort of shock value IMO. The reporter claims to have been lied to but yet fails substantiate such claims or more specificly what ZFG has lied about .

respectfully snipped.

I commend your post and for not taking that article or audio at face value. I vehemently agree with everything you said, save for the use of the word reporter :)
Great Job.

There is no proof that ZG mislead anyone regarding her name. If he really believed that she was lying about her name he would of brought it up in the interview. Her phone number is plastered all over the place as well as the address for the hotel all you have to do is google. IMO ZG has been nothing but honest and its a shame the accusations continue.

I must not be a very good googler because I can't seem to pull up anything that shows what hotel she's staying at or her cell phone number. Any current accusations against her are of her own making. She claimed that she lost her job as a result of this case. Her own attorney says she didn't have a job. She says she lost her apartment - it takes months to be evicted. If it's true that her name is really ZCG rather than ZFG, she should be charged with fraud. IMO.

Poor ZFG & her children should not be involved in this. She didn't voluntarily get involved in this, Casey involved her in this. Somehow, Casey not only knew her name, but knew she'd visited the Sawgrass Apartments, which prompted police to investigate her. If a murderer or child loser ever tries to suggest I kidnapped their baby, I'd be suing too.

When shown a photo of the "Sawgrass ZG," Casey did not ID it as the woman who had taken Casey. LE cleared ZG from having anything to do with this Caylee's disappearance.

If she can't get a job or find an apartment because of her name, then she should ask LE for a letter of explanation that details she was cleared.

If she really was fired or denied an apartment for the reason she says, her lawsuit should be aimed at her employer and the apartment owner.

When shown a photo of the "Sawgrass ZG," Casey did not ID it as the woman who had taken Casey. LE cleared ZG from having anything to do with this Caylee's disappearance.
If she can't get a job or find an apartment because of her name, then she should ask LE for a letter of explanation that details she was cleared.

If she really was fired or denied an apartment for the reason she says, her lawsuit should be aimed at her employer and the apartment owner.

But you must remember, her family was saying, she's giving hints, but not pointing us right there because she's scared for Caylee's safety...many thought ZG did have Caylee but Casey refused to id her as she feared for Caylee...or at least that's how I understood it.

I don't think it's fair to be critical of her, and am not sure that we are allowed to be? Didn't the mods address this topic before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member