DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you are finnaly admitting it... glad your coming clean ;-) j/k

That makes my head hurt.....

"You can't sue someone because they didn't describe you."

We're on the same page but it still makes my head hurt... I'ma go sue you now kthnksbye..... There is just no easy way to describe what you are trying to say ;-)

Seriously she has two counts in this suit:
Count 1 Defamation
Count 2 Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress Outrage

I just cannot see them proving anything intentional against any specific person if she was meerly using "stolen" information for her fictional character and Defamation is extreemly hard to prove, it's not even spelled out clear in the Florida Statutes, typically used to protect people from claims made in the media, they even allow for a retraction. But Casey herself never made these claims in the media about any specific ZFG other than the one in particular one that stole her child.

It will not be as easy as everyone thinks.

I agree. There's been a lot of talk about Casey possibly getting the name Zanny from a children's book - why would people even consider that possibility if they believe Casey targeted this particular ZFG. Casey told Jesse and his father about Zanny months before Caylee disappeared, was she talking about this ZFG way back then?

I think Casey is as low as they come, but she can't be blamed for the fact that some people, even though they didn't even believe the kidnapping story, continued to make ZFG's life hell AFTER the police said she wasn't involved and wasn't THE ZFG.

So you are finnaly admitting it... glad your coming clean ;-) j/k

That makes my head hurt.....

"You can't sue someone because they didn't describe you."

We're on the same page but it still makes my head hurt... I'ma go sue you now kthnksbye..... There is just no easy way to describe what you are trying to say ;-)

Seriously she has two counts in this suit:
Count 1 Defamation
Count 2 Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress Outrage

I just cannot see them proving anything intentional against any specific person if she was meerly using "stolen" information for her fictional character and Defamation is extreemly hard to prove, it's not even spelled out clear in the Florida Statutes, typically used to protect people from claims made in the media, they even allow for a retraction. But Casey herself never made these claims in the media about any specific ZFG other than the one in particular one that stole her child.

It will not be as easy as everyone thinks.

Exactly. That was my point. There are just not enough things to substantiate that Casey was trying to target THIS Zenaida Gonzalez...and intentionally. In fact, to me, all of Casey's statements (the ones they are using to bring these charges) all eliminated this woman. Anyone who continued to post in this forum or another...or write her on myspace, etc. after she was cleared - was just as much at fault for ruining ZG's life as Casey. Should she sue them too? And what about all the other ZG's out there? Should they sue as well because their life might have been ruined - or someone might make fun of them for having that name. Oh yea - and what about Jesse Grund and Amy Huizenga who were somewhat "accused" by Cindy. Guess that's another couple of lawsuits coming.

I for one wish that people wouldn't jump into lawsuits. IMO - I believe she and her attorney know that they don't have a case, but they are hoping for a settlement. They know the Anthony family does not want to be subpeonaed to testify on this matter. I think they are hoping to get a quick buck to make this go away. I think this is all about getting some quick money and that's it. Sorry, but MO.

I was replying to the KC says which has everything to do with your post . I was pointing out many things KC said but we all know those were lies as well .

If she can't be believed 100 % in anything she says then why should we believe this KC says ZFG was in her twenties and had no kids ?? Why would this be truth but nothing else in this case is ??

Right. It's probably not the truth but it's what she told LE. It's what's in their transcripts. I thought this was about ZG and her lawsuit. It's about KC using info on a ZG. I don't see how ZG can win or prove KC was talking about her specifically on name alone, when the description KC gave (true or false) wasn't of the ZG filing the suit. The suit will be based on what KC said.

I don't have any problem with her getting an attorney. If my name was spreading as fast as hers was and being implicated in a kidnapping/murder case, I would probably want an attorney to get the family to stop using my name since there is no proof anyone with that name was involved. I haven't heard of her writing a book or planning a movie or anything like that. I feel like she was dragged into this situation by KC and the media and should be able to defend herself.

Check out the video with ZG's attorney, if you haven't seen it already. From 1st impression, it sounds plausible that she has some chance.

http://www.wftv.com/video/17549823/index.html

I still have to respectfully disagree. Her attorney says at one point something to the effect that Casey had identified her as the person who kidnapped Caylee. He asked "how would you feel if the police came and told you that you had been identified as the person that kidnapped a child".

But IMO that just isn't true. Casey identified a person that shared the same name, but not that Zenaida. In fact, Casey said that it definitely was NOT that Zenaida. The police did not come there accusing her, they were following up on a lead. They checked out alot of Zenaida's. She happened to be the only one ever at the Sawgrass, so she attracted more attention than the others. But they also eliminated her as a suspect.

I don't see how you can argue that Casey accused THIS Zenaida when she clearly did not. Now, those people that later went after her personally - choosing not to follow the police view that she was not involved - those people run the risk of a lawsuit in my mind. Those that singled her out as THE Zenaida that was guilty of kidnapping. But that simply doesn't include Casey.

In my mind, if you allow her to win this lawsuit, you open the door for tons and tons of lawsuits. Basically anyone who was mentioned as a potential person of interest could sue the person that gave their name to LE. That is totally ridiculous.

And by the way, if this lady is so torn up about all the publicity she received, why is she going on GMA? Why is she continuing to grant interviews? Why doesn't she simply say "no comment. I would like to be left alone. This has been hard enough on my family"?

I don't have any problem with her getting an attorney. If my name was spreading as fast as hers was and being implicated in a kidnapping/murder case, I would probably want an attorney to get the family to stop using my name since there is no proof anyone with that name was involved. I haven't heard of her writing a book or planning a movie or anything like that. I feel like she was dragged into this situation by KC and the media and should be able to defend herself.

I absolutely agree with you here. She definitely has the right to get an attorney to protect herself and her family. Especially if she is still being harrassed by nuts out there. But how can they stop the family from "using her name"? It isn't just HER name. There are others out there with the same name. Casey still maintains a person with the same name did it...but she point blank says it is not THIS Zenaida. Now if Casey was saying it was this ZG, then she would have my support in this lawsuit.

I absolutely agree with you here. She definitely has the right to get an attorney to protect herself and her family. Especially if she is still being harrassed by nuts out there. But how can they stop the family from "using her name"? It isn't just HER name. There are others out there with the same name. Casey still maintains a person with the same name did it...but she point blank says it is not THIS Zenaida. Now if Casey was saying it was this ZG, then she would have my support in this lawsuit.

This is all exactly what I have been saying, I feel the LAW allows enough latitude so every Tom, Dick and Harry cannot sue you for just those very names. Now I feel if they can prove intent on Casey's part that would allow them enough to persue this but I just don;t see it, even knowing that I fully believe Casey stole information about this particular person, she still did not directly point a finger at her nor does it appear she had intent to.

That said maybe we need a NEW law to cover this situation. Perhaps JM could set new presidence. If they can prove Casey stole her information.

Just a stickie wicky imho....

ZG will be on Good Morning America.

They just said on a local News break that WFTV will have an interview with her too.. They will probably have it online later today.. We'll have to wait and see...

I stand corrected. Seems like her interview was bumped due to George W.

Sorry

They just showed ZG so she must be coming on shortly...they mentioned her interview

GMA is over, did I miss it? Cause I still have the channel on and I can rewind it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24