ZG Hires Attorney - Lawsuit Against Casey Anthony

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You just proved my point. You admit she's guilty of defamation to the police. The police at that point have no control over the information, as everything like that can and will be called upon by the freedom of information act. If she's guilty of defamation at that point, the the media and bloggers got the information as a direct result of that defamation.

IMHO no, the defamation to the police , I was using that lightly of course, if you can call it that stopped at the police, the media chose to IGNORE the police of clearing this person.

That said we can go round and round and round on this and unless you can link her with firmer evidence as I mentioned on other posts, that she was investigating/spying/stalking whatever this woman and specifically used that information to cause harm to this person or by some neglect in using this information caused harm to this person then this case will likely fail.

You must prove damages, real damages. I have posted the Florida Statutes in several places if you wish to look them up.

This is a good link for general defamation information:
http://www.attorneys-usa.com/intentional/defamation.html
(note: it's not specific to any one state)

On that note in the statutes for Florida defamation has to do with "Allegations that an unmarried person is unchaste"

The 2008 Florida Statutes
600x3_gradient.gif

Title XLVI
CRIMES
Chapter 836
DEFAMATION; LIBEL; THREATENING LETTERS AND SIMILAR OFFENSES
View Entire Chapter[SIZE=-1]
836.04 Defamation.--Whoever speaks of and concerning any woman, married or unmarried, falsely and maliciously imputing to her a want of chastity, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083. History.--s. 1, ch. 3460, 1883; RS 2419; GS 3260; RGS 5091; CGL 7193; s. 990, ch. 71-136. [/SIZE]

Now on that same note This falls under Libel and or Slander, one is verbal and the other is written. Casey has neither written these claims in any "publication" nor personally spoken these claims to anyone publicly. You cannot take her words and say she said them and spread them around the country and lay claim she is the one destroying this womans good name, it would be the "YOU" in this story spreading what Casey told investigators that would be to blame.

Here is the Florida statutes for Libel/Slander:

The 2008 Florida Statutes
600x3_gradient.gif

Title XLV
TORTS
Chapter 770
CIVIL ACTIONS FOR LIBEL
View Entire Chapter[SIZE=-1]
CHAPTER 770
CIVIL ACTIONS FOR LIBEL

770.01 Notice condition precedent to action or prosecution for libel or slander.
770.02 Correction, apology, or retraction by newspaper or broadcast station.
770.03 Civil liability of broadcasting stations.
770.04 Civil liability of radio or television broadcasting stations; care to prevent publication or utterance required.
770.05 Limitation of choice of venue. 770.06 Adverse judgment in any jurisdiction a bar to additional action. 770.07 Cause of action, time of accrual. 770.08 Limitation on recovery of damages. [/SIZE]

Notice how this regaqrds the media and news and not what one says to a police officer? Now she can be arrested for filing a false report, if they can prove it was a false report. I just think it is a long shot. If they can prove she took this info directly from this person as I have also stated then they have a stronger case but I still don;t think they will win. Even the new evidence it now turns out is NOT showing evidence of name searches prior to 16th of July.

I can sue anyone for anything of course but if the Statutes are not their to back up my claim I will fail oviously. And I do not see anything in Florida Law that she can be charged with.

Find me a statute that backs up this suit.

I have a question.

Although the police cleared her, didn't they also say that THIS ZG was the one and the only ZG that they considered as the one that CA was referring to? I think that LE confirmed she was the only ZG associated in any way with Sawgrass apts?
I'll look for link, but if that is the case then I think it bolsters ZG's case that she was the victim of CA.

ETA: IOW , there is only one ZG that has ever been considered as the one CA spoke of and what she said about her was untrue. I don't think that LE questioned any other ZG's. I agree the fact that CA and KC all insisted it wasn't her will help them fight this case, I still think there is enough merit to the claim to fight it out in court.
jmho of course.

IMHO no, the defamation to the police , I was using that lightly of course, if you can call it that stopped at the police, the media chose to IGNORE the police of clearing this person.

That said we can go round and round and round on this and unless you can link her with firmer evidence as I mentioned on other posts, that she was investigating/spying/stalking whatever this woman and specifically used that information to cause harm to this person or by some neglect in using this information caused harm to this person then this case will likely fail.

You must prove damages, real damages. I have posted the Florida Statutes in several places if you wish to look them up.

This is a good link for general defamation information:
http://www.attorneys-usa.com/intentional/defamation.html
(note: it's not specific to any one state)

<respectfully snipped>

I'm sorry, I just can't agree with you, Frip. I still think she'll prevail... And until there&#8217;s a trial or a settlement, we won&#8217;t know for sure. So I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I think it depends on where Casey came up with the Zenaida info. If it's proven that she lifted a lot of it from her Myspace page, then I think ZG has got a good case.

I have a question.

Although the police cleared her, didn't they also say that THIS ZG was the one and the only ZG that they considered as the one that CA was referring to? I think that LE confirmed she was the only ZG associated in any way with Sawgrass apts?
I'll look for link, but if that is the case then I think it bolsters ZG's case that she was the victim of CA.

ETA: IOW , there is only one ZG that has ever been considered as the one CA spoke of and what she said about her was untrue. I don't think that LE questioned any other ZG's. I agree the fact that CA and KC all insisted it wasn't her will help them fight this case, I still think there is enough merit to the claim to fight it out in court.
jmho of course.

Good questions, JBean. From what I'm reading, police looked for other ZFG's. I can't find anything saying they questioned any others.

Oops..spoke too soon.

Orange County detectives say that Casey remains the only person of interest in the case so far. Detectives continue to talk with several Zenaida Gonzalez’s in the area to see if she exists.

Casey told police that Zenaida, or “Zanny” babysat Caylee for at least one year. So far however, police say none of the women they have talked to were indeed Caylee’s babysitter.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/p...ale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1

I don't see these links posted. Go to this page for links to interviews on The Monsters Show, Orlando, with Leonard Padilla, Zenaida's attorney, and the Anthony's attorney. Padilla's interview is most interesting:

http://monsters.fm/pages/anthony.html

Greta interview with CARLOS PADILLA, ORANGE COUNTY DEPUTY SHERIFF on 8/1:

QUESTION: The Anthony family (INAUDIBLE) research and found nine different Zenaida Gonzalez. Have you searched through all those names?
PADILLA: No, we were aware that there was quite a few. As a matter of fact, early on, that's one of the things we talked about. People came to realize that the name Zenaida is not as unusual as some people thought. And we did start talking to quite a few Zenaidas, and like I said before, we spoke to a Zenaida. We just haven't been able to see and locate and speak to the Zenaida.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,396826,00.html

Link me where there's been an official statement about her getting Zenaida's name off the comment card, please. With as much information as she gave law enforcement that matches Zenaida, she probably found out the information long before the comment card. My intuition says one of her friends knows Zenaida or she stumbled on Zenaida's myspace page.
There IS a connection , ZFG's boyfriend has Cast Iron Tattoos as one of his few friends . This is the same place KC got her tattoo ! She could have been looking at friends pages and got to ZFG or maybe KC was in the tattoo shop around the same time ZFG

Don't you wish people that get their rights grossly violated by Casey would just let it drop? I mean they only ruined her good name and dragged her into this nightmare when she had absolutely zero to do with it. DARN YOU, ZENAIDA, FOR WANTING JUSTICE. While we're at it, can Amy H just forget the $1000 Casey stole from her? Can the old lady that George Anthony pushed let it go? /sarcasm
And dam let's not forget Little Dude or Dog Lady

Bold is mine

I have a question.

jmho of course.

They interviewed at least two others that I recall, one worked at the post office.

She is not the only ZG, now by all means I personnaly think she got her info about this ZG indeed, but she used it for a fictional nanny imho. SO she pointed fingers at a fictional character in her own mind.

This will be a tough case for the jury to decide. They must find an aplicable Statute here to base the case on and I personnaly cannot find one, but hey i'm not a lawyer.....

Just listened to the Monster show with Padilla. How funny.
He suggested to Z she get herself an attorney.
Her attorney ends up being a 'partner' of Leonards. How funny!
And Leonard says, "This is why I know there is a God."
Gotta love that man.

Ok now ZG is going to do and interview with The daily BS. She is going to release info of a Paypal account to. I will let you make your own opinons on the paypal account. I am just going to bite my tounge.

Here is link http://thedailybs.com/news/?p=913#comment-753

Actually that's a joke in of it self , I'm the one that brought the blamezany site to her attention . I came across that site and posted it on the donations thread the 20th . Fellow WS'ers on the donations thread helped run that site down . I suggested after seeing it that Z lawyer up and she did as we all know. I sent the screen shots of the website that Tate took to Attorney Morgan yesterday . I also sent the whois info so Z & her Attorney already know who the site is owned by.

Ok now ZG is going to do and interview with The daily BS. She is going to release info of a Paypal account to. I will let you make your own opinons on the paypal account. I am just going to bite my tounge.

I don't mind this Sean Krause guy getting his “show ideas” off the donations thread (blamezany.com for instance), but he's bad about giving WS credit and citing us as his source. In time, he’ll be hearing from us…

The PayPal account could be what her attorney, John Morgan, was referring to in the videos where he answered questions about representing ZG, and that if people wanted to they could donate a few dollars to help her out since she lost her job because of Casey. But I thought he was going to set up the donation for her through his Website (maybe he will next week). I guess we'll find out soon enough&#8230;

Per Krause's Website: "Zenaida Gonzalez, or Zanny, has scheduled an interview with me on Tuesday of next week, to answer your questions BEFORE her PayPal information is released, as a matter of checks and balances."

The PayPal account could be what her attorney, John Morgan, was referring to in the videos where he answered questions about representing ZG, and that if people wanted to they could donate a few dollars to help her out since she lost her job because of Casey. But I thought he was going to set up the donation for her through his Website (maybe he will next week). I guess we'll find out soon enough&#8230;

Per Krause... "Zenaida Gonzalez, or Zanny, has scheduled an interview with me on Tuesday of next week, to answer your questions BEFORE her PayPal information is released, as a matter of checks and balances."

I think I mentioned seeing something about this to you Tate. But I was under the impression that someone else set the paypal site up for her . I thought I read something about a donation thread started on Z behave and the Mods shut it down. I never saw it but it was mentioned in a post I saw.

JBean can you clerify ?

Actually that's a joke in of it self , I'm the one that brought the blamezany site to her attention . I came across that site and posted it on the donations thread the 20th . Fellow WS'ers on the donations thread helped run that site down . I suggested after seeing it that Z lawyer up and she did as we all know. I sent the screen shots of the website that Tate took to Attorney Morgan yesterday . I also sent the whois info so Z & her Attorney already know who the site is owned by.

whois data shows byproxy.com but -shrug- again even they are not blamming zfg they are blaming zany WHOMEVER that is. Understand I personally thinks its a lame website to have created and believe it to be a waste of money, but they have a right to freedom of speech just like you me and everyone else in the world.

My honest opinion of that site is to make a big stink under the pretense of caring about their movement which in their own words is:

"....movement seeks to shed a light upon a very disturbing trend in our society which is "the disposable child" trend. There is simply way too much abuse and mistreatment of children in our society. We need to establish a grassroots movement to stamp out child abuse. All of our children suffer when a single child suffers from neglect or mistreatment."

All great words really, how can you deny that? I believe they are using the name they chose because it could be a strong moniker for the plight. However I do not feel they are in anyway shape or form pointing fingers at ZFG what so ever. Not a single thing on that site to prove it to me Bad choice of names? well that is the name Casey chose for her fictional character it is not however ZFG's name.

Cheap shot at infamy imho. A go nowhere site that will do nothing. Someone paid money to create a big stink imho. And in hoping to gain whaever money they can make off of their t-shirt sales. NOW THAT I believe is the wrong part of all of this. That I believe should be tracked down and sorted out and stopped. If not for that I would defend this sites rights firmer! I find it goes against my morals to do such a thing in such a manner.

They also have a WS link, we should seek to have that removed, makes it look ligit!!! and as if we sponser it!!!

Other than their t-shirt sales I cannot deny their freedom of speech. There is no libel here.

I am a huge supporter of freedoms in this country and I wil fight tooth and nail before I allow them to be taken away from me, and I will show support for others if I am in a venue discussing the same.

ZG has a right to sue anyone she wishes, her lawyers just need to find a statute that fits the case. I have looked over and over at the Florida Statutes and I just do not see one that holds up, for her case against Casey, and I don't see any wrong doing on this website to prosecute against either.

I hope for her sake I am wrong!:)

whois data shows byproxy.com but -shrug- again even they are not blamming zfg they are blaming zany WHOMEVER that is. Understand I personally thinks its a lame website to have created and believe it to be a waste of money, but they have a right to freedom of speech just like you me and everyone else in the world.

My honest opinion of that site is to make a big stink under the pretense of caring about their movement which in their own words is:

"....movement seeks to shed a light upon a very disturbing trend in our society which is "the disposable child" trend. There is simply way too much abuse and mistreatment of children in our society. We need to establish a grassroots movement to stamp out child abuse. All of our children suffer when a single child suffers from neglect or mistreatment."

All great words really, how can you deny that? I believe they are using the name they chose because it could be a strong moniker for the plight. However I do not feel they are in anyway shape or form pointing fingers at ZFG what so ever. Not a single thing on that site to prove it to me Bad choice of names? well that is the name Casey chose for her fictional character it is not however ZFG's name.

Cheap shot at infamy imho. A go nowhere site that will do nothing. Someone paid money to create a big stink imho. And in hoping to gain whaever money they can make off of their t-shirt sales. NOW THAT I believe is the wrong part of all of this. That I believe should be tracked down and sorted out and stopped. If not for that I would defend this sites rights firmer! I find it goes against my morals to do such a thing in such a manner.

They also have a WS link, we should seek to have that removed, makes it look ligit!!! and as if we sponser it!!!

Other than their t-shirt sales I cannot deny their freedom of speech. There is no libel here.

I am a huge supporter of freedoms in this country and I wil fight tooth and nail before I allow them to be taken away from me, and I will show support for others if I am in a venue discussing the same.

ZG has a right to sue anyone she wishes, her lawyers just need to find a statute that fits the case. I have looked over and over at the Florida Statutes and I just do not see one that holds up, for her case against Casey, and I don't see any wrong doing on this website to prosecute against either.

I hope for her sake I am wrong!:)

We have screen shots of the blamezany.com Website before several changes were made. Someone from WS wrote the owner and complained, and boy you should have seen him scramble to fix it. If you're interested, check back to the #2 or #3 donations thread (the time-stamped screenshots will show the frantic fixing). You'll see why folks were so up in arms, and it had nothing to do with ZG but everything to do with this person trying to profit off a missing and presumably dead child. Originally, this guy was selling &#8220;maternity t-shirts,&#8221; and &#8220;BABY BIBS&#8221; for God&#8217;s sake! How tacky is that?

In the beginning, the seller was profiting 100%. But he later added three charities (including the little &#8220;movement&#8221; blurb you pointed out, along with other bs blurbs) to cover his hinny and to try to make his Website look more giving and legitimate. And while we were taking screen shots of the Website, we discussed contacting ZG and advising her to get an attorney. So our assistance to ZG came as a result of our calling out this Website, because we saw her as a victim, too.

So that&#8217;s what we do on the donations thread: we sniff out the bad guys trying to profit off Caylee and we call them on their bull. And as Forrest Gump would say, that&#8217;s all I got to say about that. :)

ETA: Oh, and the owner added the WS link after he was notified by someone on WS. And then it became obvious that he was reading the donations thread, because every time someone posted a complaint he would change his Website!

Tricia was notified about him adding the WS link, but it was okay with her. I wouldn't want my business associated with this guy, but that's Tricia's call... No disrespect to Tricia...

I think I mentioned seeing something about this to you Tate. But I was under the impression that someone else set the paypal site up for her . I thought I read something about a donation thread started on Z behave and the Mods shut it down. I never saw it but it was mentioned in a post I saw.

JBean can you clerify ?

It goes directly to her, you use her email, I am not going to post it because I will not give her any free press to donate. I just fine it sad that people are getting their bills paid off of a missing child. How many other people involved in this case are going to create a pay pal account now? Unreal and very, very sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean