Match! NY - Caledonia, WhtFem 1UFNY, 13-19, Turquoise Necklace, Nov'79 *Tammy Alexander*

Status
Not open for further replies.
New NamUs ruleout.

I don't know if we submitted her.

Interesting she has current DNA. I don't know if this is new but wouldn't the automatic screen have already checked?

Teresa Davis 1955 Washington

Sorry; have been so busy since January
Has anyone been keeping track of who we've been submitting?

Our submissions that have not been included in the official NamUs rule out list will be below NamUs rule outs -

The following 32 people have been ruled out on NamUs as being this decedent:

Updated - 3/9/2014
*Note- if it says (Dentals or DNA with date); it's been submitted by us & has been included in the official NamUs count.

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Teresa Alfonso 1961 Florida
Lisa Borden 1960 Texas
Mary Bostwick 1956 Pennsylvania
Melinda Creech 1965 Indiana
Diane Genice Dye, CA Namus MP# 4020 (dentals 2/13/13)
Teresa Davis 1955 Washington
Alexis Duggan 1951 Florida
Teresa Fitin 1957 Florida
Lorraine Herbster 1962 New Jersey
Margaret Kay Hoist Nebraska MP# 1970 (DNA 2/13/13)
Eileen Hynson 1957 California
Nancy Jason 1958 Maryland (DNA 3/2013)
Karen Kamsch 1962 Maryland
Tina Kemp 1964 Delaware
Sandra Landrum 1957 Georgia
Mary Lozano 1964 California
Deborah McCall 1963 Illinois
Angela Meeker 1965 Washington
Barbara Monaco 1960 Virginia
Sherry Pickle Idaho MP# 6528 (DNA 2/13/13)
Angela Ramsey 1961 Florida
Marcia Remick 1962 Virginia
Simone Ridinger 1960 Massachusetts
Diane Schulte Idaho MP#2065 (dentals 2/13/13)
Mary Shinn 1953 Arkansas
Mary Shinn 1953 Arkansas
Mary Shinn 1953 Arkansas
Debra Spickler 1955 Connecticut
Sarah Tokier 1960 California
Belinda VanLith 1957 Minnesota
Anna Waters 1967 California
Christina White 1967 Washington
April Zane 1960 Illinois
Karen Zendrowsky 1963 NJ (LuLu)

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/6583

Linette Marie Miller via sisters DNA 16-17, Queens NY 1977-1978

SUBMITTED BY US not on NamUs rule out list -

Michelle Meredith Mulcahy age 17, July 7, 1979 Fort Lauderdale FL

Nancy Jason ruled out via DNA March 2013 (Nameless Helper confirmed 10/1/13)

Lssayv has suggested Yvette Watson as a match on another thread (Walker Co Jane), but I wonder if she could be Cali? Yvette went missing from the UK in April of 1979.

http://www.norfolk.police.uk/newsandevents/unsolvedcases/missingpersons/yvettewatson.aspx

And yes there was drag racing in England:

Santa Pod and Blackbushe Drags 1979 - YouTube

Little Lulu suggested her last year. She's been on our running list but not submitted as far as I know. My doubt is in the isotope testing.
Yvette Anne Watson NCMEC
Case Type: Endangered Runaway
DOB: Aug 4, 1961 Sex: Female
Missing Date: Mar 30, 1979 Race:
Age Now: 52 Height: 5'6" (168 cm)
Missing City: NORWICH Weight: Unknown
Missing State : Norfolk Hair Color: Brown
Missing Country: United Kingdom Eye Color: Blue
Case Number: UK0279NORF4187
Circumstances: Yvette who is originally from the Aldeburgh area of Suffolk went missing from the David Rice Hospital mental health unit (now disused) in Norwich on 30/03/1979 where she was being treated for depression. She has not been seen since. At the time she went missing she was described as 5'6 tall, thin or slight build, fresh complexion with brown collar length hair, blue eyes and was well spoken. She may have been wearing a jacket, blue jeans and brown cord skirt when she was last seen.

I say submit Cheryl Hanson, Mary Leah Rodermund, Kathleen Rodgers, and Delores Stanton. I'd rather have more rule-outs than what ifs.

Mary Leah is from Louisiana, and my instinct has always been to check in the Bayou/Cajun... I could be right or wrong...

I feel she should be submitted; but personally; I doubt it. She's suspected killed by a serial killer. I'd love to find more about her; what her family life was like. My biggest doubt is that if she was not taken by him; how did she get to NY? Did she use that time to play a cruel joke on her family & run away; then shot by the side of the road?

Robert Carl Hohenberger is a name that likely still strikes fear in the hearts and minds of native St. Mary Parish residents who are more than a few decades old.

Hohenberger may have been Morgan City, Louisiana’s first known serial killer. No one knows for certain what caused the former California police officer to victimize and kill in the manner in which he did.

The body of one of his young victims, 16-year old Leah Rodermund, was never found, leaving her family with more questions than answers. Rodermund disappeared in March of 1978 while on her way to a drugstore in Morgan City. Her parents reportedly received a ransom call from Hohenberger, but never heard from their daughter again.

http://www.examiner.com/article/morgan-city-louisiana-serial-killer-profile-robert-carl-hohenberger

Trying to catch up; already had google links before going back a page.

Article mentions her brother Robert Karl Hohenberger Murderpedia
Doug Rodermund remembers the uncertainty and fear that gripped St. Mary Parish that year when Hohenberger, a former California lawman, is believed to have kidnapped and killed five teenagers.

Rodermund was 17 then. The body of his little sister, Mary Leah, was never found.

"Everybody was pretty much afraid to go out in the evenings," Rodermund said recently from Houston. His parents relocated there years ago, soon after their 16-year-old daughter's disappearance. "For three or four months it was sheer terror."

Mary Leah Rodermund disappeared on her way to a Morgan City drugstore in early March. Her captor called her parents demanding money and let her tell them she was all right. The Rodermunds never saw Mary Leah again.

"He wasn't one of those that would hide to do what he did," Duval said. "It was always in public."

And always on Thursday evenings, just after dark, Arthur said. Hohenberger took his victims from public places like shopping centers, convenience stores and Morgan City streets. Profilers from the FBI helped local investigators in that case as well, but the break police needed came from the killer's penchant for public abductions.

According to news reports, several men saw Hohenberger's last two victims, 14-year-old Martha Gould and 15-year-old Judy Adams, talking with a strange man, and followed him. Their description tipped off a police officer in Tacoma, Wash., who looked at buying a car from Hohenberger.

When officers tried to arrest Hohenberger, he struggled with one of them, news reports said, and his gun "went off," killing him.

"We didn't want him to die. We had a lot of unanswered questions," Doug Rodermund said. "Like what he did with my sister."

Article with photo of him (Nameless mentioned it in post #1299
Police officer sought car, found fugitive died May 31, 1978

Re: Niki Diane Britten- Let's at least let the NAMUS professionals and Cali's LE officer know that there's a resemblance, both physically and in circumstance (runaway)
Who, with good contacts to NAMUS and Livingston Co, wants to do that?

Submitted to M.Burgess. If he thinks she is a potential match he will submit to NAMUS, or CODIS, depending on which place actually has her DNA.

I just submitted Yvette Watson and Rogers. However, I don't know how many we should submit at once.

I mentioned Yvette a long time ago and I can't remember why she was a "no-go". But her image definitely is similar.

Annie,

There is no mention in any of the documentation that her teeth were uneven. Also I never noted that they were uneven in any photographs.

I'm not sure what vehicle description you are speaking about. There were several mentioned early on in the case but none of them were ever definitively tied to it. No plate numbers were ever provided by the witnesses.

We still do not have any additional facts regarding her ancestry.

I cannot answer whether or not she had mascara. I can tell you that there was no mention of it in the Coroners report or the medical examiners report.

We appreciate the continued assistance. I will have somebody look into the names you provided. Thanks again.

Take care.

I submitted the following girls
(1) Cynthia Kinney

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/4576/0/

(2)Trenny Gibson

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/4524/0/

(3)Deborah Ann Quimby

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/1469/0/

(4)Susan Earls

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/3136/0/

(5) Yvonne Reglar

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/4645/0/

(6) Roxanne Marie Sims

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/13086/0/

(7) Linda Adams

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/21953/11/

(8) Niki Britten

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/7828/0/

I also sent a follow up email to clarify that the car I was referring to is the tan station wagon with the wooden side panels that is referred to on the FBI site.

Hi all,

On http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/unidentified.htm#;view=Details;/Poster I saw Cali mentioned and the description differs from NamUs and the DoeNetwork:

DoeNetwork - http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1ufny.html
Distinguishing Characteristics: She had curly brown, shoulder length hair which had been frosted about four months before her death. The frosted hair was in the process of growing out. She had brown eyes. She was tanned and had visible bikini lines. She had no distinguishing marks. The victim had had no broken bones that would have been in a hospital's records. It didn't look as though she had received much medical attention of any kind.

NamUs - https://identifyus.org/en/cases/6583
-1/2" scar on forehead at the hairline
-1" scar on front left shoulder
-1/2" scar on outer left ankle
-tiny scar on left knee, right knee, top of right foot, right ankle, inner right thigh
-skin defect that is 3"x1" that resembles an old burn scar on inner right thigh
-Z shaped scar on right shin
-1/2" scar on left forearm
-3 small scars on left index finger
-small mole about 1.5" below outer corner of left eye

Texas DPS - http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/U...nt.asp?id=U9212001&Person=Unidentified Person
She had pierced ears and a small mole or birthmark on her lower lip, just left of midline.

This Jane Doe does have the birthmark on her lower lip but why is it not mentioned anywhere else? It also does not show up on most reconstructions?
Also, Judith Ann Elwell is not in NamUs, I hoped her DNA would be on file for comparison.

When I read the parts about the moles I decided to look at the pictures again and compare them, I'm not sure but it does look like Judith has the small mole below the outer corner of the left eye and moles on her lower lip:

picture.php

Maybe someone else can look at the pictures and tell me I am going crazy? I hope that Cali will get her real name back some day.

With love, Milou69

I ran across Judith Elwell and am wondering if she was ever ruled out as Cali. If her brother would submit DNA we may be able to know for sure. She sure does look like Cali!!!

I ran across Judith Elwell and am wondering if she was ever ruled out as Cali. If her brother would submit DNA we may be able to know for sure. She sure does look like Cali!!!

I totally agree. She missing person case keeps popping up in searches. I think we all stop breathing every time we see that photo of Judith. Every time. I sure hope she was ruled out, because I am not the only one who says, that is Cali. every time...

Aside from the freckle connection, the wide set eyes with their "Asian" appearance and thin lips are similar. Cali Jane, are you Judith?

Aside from the freckle connection, the wide set eyes with their "Asian" appearance and thin lips are similar. Cali Jane, are you Judith?

Judith has been submitted a couple times. Without DNA there is no way to do a comparison. I have no idea why Judith does not have DNA on file anywhere. Until Judith has DNA added, it is an answer we can not get.

The biggest difference I notice is the nose. Judith's nose is not at all upturned, and is not at all similar to Cali's.

Actually, Judith's DNA is complete, HMMMM....

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14031/0/

Sample submitted - Tests complete

My friend & I turned her in to Doe Network. Reply February 10, 2013 at 11:20am
Hello; I checked our database and this is already been submitted.

Thank you,
Best Regards,
Rocky Wells
Potential Match Database Administrator
Area Director Of Ohio/Florida, Doe Network
"International Center For Unidentified And Missing Persons

My friend & I turned her in to Doe Network. Reply February 10, 2013 at 11:20am
Hello; I checked our database and this is already been submitted.

Thank you,
Best Regards,
Rocky Wells
Potential Match Database Administrator
Area Director Of Ohio/Florida, Doe Network
"International Center For Unidentified And Missing Persons

Yes, I knew she had been submitted on a couple occasions. I will submit her again to M. Burgess if it makes anybody feel better, however given the nose.....I'd say chances are very very slim she is a match. A persons nose is a feature that does not change..and there is not even a close resemblance between the 2 noses. I have a couple questions I wanted to send in so I will include Judith with them in today's email.

Also, the photo you are using for the comparison of the 2 is probably not the best photo to use. That is a age regression pic. If you use the photo from the NCMEC then there is no resemblance at all between the 2 girls. Also there is little similarities if you use the PM pic.

Yes, I knew she had been submitted on a couple occasions. I will submit her again to M. Burgess if it makes anybody feel better, however given the nose.....I'd say chances are very very slim she is a match. A persons nose is a feature that does not change..and there is not even a close resemblance between the 2 noses. I have a couple questions I wanted to send in so I will include Judith with them in today's email.

Also, the photo you are using for the comparison of the 2 is probably not the best photo to use. That is a age regression pic. If you use the photo from the NCMEC then there is no resemblance at all between the 2 girls. Also there is little similarities if you use the PM pic.

I'm sure you're not referring to me lol but as everyone as the group... I was just the one to pop the post from page 4 lol

I'm sure you're not referring to me lol but as everyone as the group... I was just the one to pop the post from page 4 lol

lol....no.....sorry Roselvr.....I was not referring to you. I knew you had submitted Judith once as we had spoken about it. I wish they'd put her on the rule out list so we don't keep running into submitting people who have already been submitted.

I was referring to the post above using Cali's age regressed photo. Even using it the noses are so very different.

I totally agree. She missing person case keeps popping up in searches. I think we all stop breathing every time we see that photo of Judith. Every time. I sure hope she was ruled out, because I am not the only one who says, that is Cali. every time...

I have to say of all the possibilities Judith looks like the most likey match. If she was in captivity that would explain why nobody knows her. Also her captor may not have wanted her around as she got older so it may have been planned. On another line of thinking, perhaps more likely, she would be seeking more independence at her age which would be a threat to her captor so it could have just erupted in a fight where he made a snap decision.

I have to say of all the possibilities Judith looks like the most likey match. If she was in captivity that would explain why nobody knows her. Also her captor may not have wanted her around as she got older so it may have been planned. On another line of thinking, perhaps more likely, she would be seeking more independence at her age which would be a threat to her captor so it could have just erupted in a fight where he made a snap decision.

DNA from both cases are in CODIS and if they were one in the same, it would have notified LE. They are most likely not the same person. Also, if you look at the more recent Cali picture, she looks different than the original.

doe_joe-livingston-co.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members