Identified! VA - Annandale, WhtFem 245UFVA, ~60, 'NO CODE, DNR, No Penicillin', Dec'96

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish someone would do an age-regression sketch of Annandale Doe. It might help with some of these PMs who were missing when they were younger, and even with Shirley. They aren't really any good pics of her from the time she disappeared.

I wish someone would do an age-regression sketch of Annandale Doe. It might help with some of these PMs who were missing when they were younger, and even with Shirley. They aren't really any good pics of her from the time she disappeared.

That would be cool. I don't know. I guess I need to buck up and look at the PM pic if I'm going to be searching people. I rule most everyone out because of their noses and eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not experienced with identifying people so I might be way off base with this suggestion.

Elizabeth Pratt missing since 1980. She was 44 at the time which would've made her 60 in 1996.

The Namus photo looks like a totally different person than the Doenetwork photos.

But the namus photo resembles Annadale Doe. The nose and eyebrows look very similar.

The height is off by 4" though.

And the circumstances don't really fit.

It says "Elizabeth had left her husband and was staying with her mother that night. She received a phone call, took the phone into a bedroom to talk and emerged acting happy, her mother said. Then she gave her mother some money then left in her 1974 burgundy Impala never to be seen again"

Sounds her ex husband may have done something to her.

Says she has three scars on her stomach so that doesn't match.

I didn't see her mentioned so I thought I'd take a chance.

View attachment 42379

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/9167/29

Quoting myself, the nose is why I thought this lady was a possibility. It looks very similar to me.

Hmm. Having seen the postmortem pic, I think Ann Duncan is much more similar than Elizabeth Pratt. But it's all so subjective. I do like the circumstances and stats for Ann, though.

Hmm. Having seen the postmortem pic, I think Ann Duncan is much more similar than Elizabeth Pratt. But it's all so subjective. I do like the circumstances and stats for Ann, though.

Debra Duncan is on rule outs but not an Ann. I like her a lot for this Jane Doe.

I am a newbie here and this thread is fascinating. I've spent the last four hours scrolling. I have a couple of questions that I could have missed while scrolling, so please forgive me if they've been asked/answered/addressed/discussed before.

1) Since there was no apparent mode of transportation to the cemetery, did LE check taxi services and bus routes? Does anyone know? If not, could we find out?

2) How could an older woman with a fanny pack and a back pack with two juice bottles (assuming they were full, a plastic container (also assuming it was full), a walkman, headphones, two tapes, plastic bag and masking tape ALSO carry an 8 inch decorated Christmas tree and not be noticed by someone?

3) Could that tree have been placed on a grave within the cemetery and she “borrowed” it because it was pretty to look at or made her think of happier days while she drank her beverages? Would cemetery maintenance know if that was the case? Have other decorated trees been placed anywhere in the cemetery since? If so, could she be related to the deceased who gets the honor of those trees?

I suppose an 8 inch tree would fit in the backpack – but with all that other stuff too? I realize that even if questions 2 and 3 could be answered, they wouldn’t help identify her and obviously, that is the ultimate goal. However, mulling over the few actual facts, I find the “how” of the tree to be the most mystifying.

I am a newbie here and this thread is fascinating. I've spent the last four hours scrolling. I have a couple of questions that I could have missed while scrolling, so please forgive me if they've been asked/answered/addressed/discussed before.

1) Since there was no apparent mode of transportation to the cemetery, did LE check taxi services and bus routes? Does anyone know? If not, could we find out?

2) How could an older woman with a fanny pack and a back pack with two juice bottles (assuming they were full, a plastic container (also assuming it was full), a walkman, headphones, two tapes, plastic bag and masking tape ALSO carry an 8 inch decorated Christmas tree and not be noticed by someone?

3) Could that tree have been placed on a grave within the cemetery and she “borrowed” it because it was pretty to look at or made her think of happier days while she drank her beverages? Would cemetery maintenance know if that was the case? Have other decorated trees been placed anywhere in the cemetery since? If so, could she be related to the deceased who gets the honor of those trees?

I suppose an 8 inch tree would fit in the backpack – but with all that other stuff too? I realize that even if questions 2 and 3 could be answered, they wouldn’t help identify her and obviously, that is the ultimate goal. However, mulling over the few actual facts, I find the “how” of the tree to be the most mystifying.

I would think LE would look at all area's of transportation. But you never know. I guess you could email and ask that. I think your idea about the tree is a great possibly. I think the cemetery care taker from back then is no longer alive from what I have read. I'm sure they questioned the care takers to see if she was a reg visitor. But yet again.... who knows what they ask. I know there is a big rule out list so alot of people have tried to help give her a name. Please continue on..... you may just be the one to do that. Welcome to websleuths!

Really great b questions Mamu!
Leads me to wonder if any abandoned cars were taken to tow yards nearby

For #2 ppl could've mistook her for a homeless woman.

I feel like we have all this "evidence" but we don't really know anything. It's all speculation. She didn't have an autopsy either so we don't really know COD. Based on the evidence she ODed and/or suffocated.

I was looking for another person and saw Ann and read her story and had to rack my brain as to which thread had the woman at the child graves. When I saw the resemblances and details, I had to post this. I think she is worth looking at.

I was looking for another person and saw Ann and read her story and had to rack my brain as to which thread had the woman at the child graves. When I saw the resemblances and details, I had to post this. I think she is worth looking at.

Agreed. I did a quick search and couldn't find much on her, but I can research more when I have time.

Agreed. I did a quick search and couldn't find much on her, but I can research more when I have time.

You guys are the best! I am so new to all of this, but give me some time and I will get to know the databases and how to search better. Thanks for all the imput and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Contrary Marge