Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just the goofy one who talked about a mafia bowtie on Juan... Cassandra Collins???

Yep. That's the one. She came across as goofy and may well have "issues," but what she related about the killer's feelings towards JM still seem credible to me.

It helps to know she was genuinely very much afraid of the killer and wanted OUT of their shared cell.

I thought it was said that she'd asked if "anyone" would recognize her, though I could have heard it wrong. Not sure why she would have asked Clancy that, especially after the confrontation they'd had.

She toyed with people for amusement. She hated Clancy, so talking with her at all about something personal like that was IMO absolutely not straight forward or just small talk.

From the text timeline, the killer was in full-throated rage mode throughout March, really as early as mid-February. Told to get outta there by Travis, fired from Mimi's, flat out broke and likely hiding her car to keep it from being reposssesed, facing forced retreat from Mesa within weeks, seeing Mimi pop up as the "One" after all her fine work to terrify Lisa away from Travis, and from snooping at convention, knowing her besty CL and Travis were trying to hook up.....yah. I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if she ran through murder scenarios in her mind as early as that, just to help her get to sleep.

You have to, Geevee. They're showing one of those time stamped pics....;)

If you do stay up, please post what you think about how bright it is outside in the pic. :)

It has to have been earlier in the day? What direction does that window face? If east, the murder could have been in the morning if the sun was shining in the window.

It has to have been earlier in the day? What direction does that window face? If east, the murder could have been in the morning if the sun was shining in the window.

His bedroom was over the garage and front door. Not sure of orientation but I'm off now to check it out because full bright sunlight at 5:30pm isn't making sense to me....brb.

Was the drunken Clancey event at the OKC convention in 2008? The contretemps inn the bathroom in 2008? JA was claiming TA was hers that late in the relationship? Or was there an earlier convention there in 2007?

On the subject of belonging....those underpants JA made that said "Travis'". (a) Travis would have got the apostrophe in the wrong place; and (b) Jodi was too low on funds to buy good ones. I forget, did those underpants magically show up for the first time after the murder?

The Clancy OKC was in 2007, a few weeks before she expected that magical proposal from her victim who, she had to acknowledge, hadn't yet ever, not once, told her "I love you, " which coupled with the audacity he demonstrated in helping Clancy made it HIS fault for making her feel insecure enough to violate his privacy as he slept.

Better yet, when she was hooking Ryan, she told him about what Travis had forced her to do, that snooping, and Ryan praised her to the moon for being so honest.

What Clancy said -from the audience, near the end, was that she believed the killer may have started planning as early as March 2008, and bases that on seeing the transition in her journals, and ...being asked by the killer in March if Clancy thought she could recognize her with dark hair.

That must have been at the OKC in mid- March, when the killer wrote in her journal a week or so beforehand she was going to dye her hair because she was tired of blonde upkeep, but would wait until after convention because her family had never seen her blonde.

Hope4More, where did CMJA say her family had never seen her blonde? There is a picture of her and her family when she is blonde. Do you remember seeing it? It was the four kids with mom and dad. She was on the end.

OK. His house was on E. Queensborough. The front door and garage face south. Which window is visible in pic?

The windows behind his bed faced south... can't post link of his house, sorry, but they are the windows to the left. The master bath windows also faced south (double window to the right).

I'm spacially challenged, so a double check is in order, but think so. There aren't any windows on the front east side of the house.

Sunset on June 4 2008 in Mesa was at 8:29pm..

Hope4More, where did CMJA say her family had never seen her blonde? There is a picture of her and her family when she is blonde. Do you remember seeing it? It was the four kids with mom and dad. She was on the end.

She wrote that lie in her journal in the first week of March.

I appreciate your expertise, LinTX. Thx.

Could it be that JA never advanced to Phase 3 (perhaps that was going to happen in February), and she's simply stuck in Phase 2 for 6 more months? She was going to go from two guards to one as well, right? Is she now still stuck with 2?
I think she was in Phase 3 and had almost completed her 180 days in it that would have enabled her to have contact visits. The days since her initial eval, with no infractions, would put her there. If she is now back in 2, I believe it's 30 days before she can be considered again for Phase 3, then another 180 days for contact visits.

I haven't read the Hughes book but I think I might get the Kindle version because I want to know why they didn't contact their PPL attorney when they found out Nurmi lied. Why did Sky even talk to this snake, even Abe was smarter than that. Abe seems the only one that told the DT he would only talk with them if his attorney was present and the interview was conducted in Juan's office. When Nurmi questioned Abe by phone in court, he kept trying to get Abe to say it was Juan's idea to have the meeting in his office. Abe told the snake in quick order that it was HIS idea not Juan's.

Abe's a sharp guy, I gotta say, and savvy about the world and people. Too bad he and Travis weren't better friends, he may have actually been able to help Travis see who Jodi really was. Maybe that's why she wanted Travis to hate Abe so much. She could have chosen a myriad of men to make Travis jealous. She's much more devious and slick then I ever gave her credit in the beginning.

OK. His house was on E. Queensborough. The front door and garage face south. Which window is visible in pic?

The windows behind his bed faced south... can't post link of his house, sorry, but they are the windows to the left. The master bath windows also faced south (double window to the right).

I'm spacially challenged, so a double check is in order, but think so. There aren't any windows on the front east side of the house.

Sunset on June 4 2008 in Mesa was at 8:29pm..

I could be wrong but from the diagram, if his bedroom windows face south, it looks like the bathroom windows face east?:

diagramhall.jpg

His bed is forward and to the left of the red at the end of the hall, the bathroom windows are at the opposite end of the hall.

Why do the family blame Juan for Juror 17? What about the judge?? Confused.

I could be wrong but from the diagram, if his bedroom windows face south, it looks like the bathroom windows face east?:

View attachment 89171

His bed is forward and to the right of the red at the end of the hall, the bathroom windows are at the other end of the hall.

I really wish I could post links but just can't on this phone. Google his address and pics come up of his actual house. If the front door does face south, you'll see there are no windows on the upper east side of the house. (To the right of the garage, just in case the front doesn't face south).

His house was on the northern side of the two way street, on an east-west street, so I'm pretty sure the front does face south.

Why do the family blame Juan for Juror 17? What about the judge?? Confused.

IMO Tanisha is still really angry the killer didn't get the DP, enough so that she maybe hasn't been able to take that step back yet and understand what Martinez DID achieve.

Given what we know about the foreman on the first trial, securing a first degree murder convinction was never a sure thing, much less a DP vote.

I remain in awe of JM's lawyering....

I really wish I could post links but just can't on this phone. Google his address and pics come up of his actual house. If the front door does face south, you'll see there are no windows on the upper east side of the house. (To the right of the garage, just in case the front doesn't face south).

His house was on the northern side of the two way street, on an east-west street, so I'm pretty sure the front does face south.

Sorry, I edited my post after posting, his bed is to the left of the bedroom door (and windows on either side of bed), I'm rather spatially challenged myself. lol I have a mental pic of the front of his house but trust that there aren't any windows on the garage side.

Embarrassingly primitive diagram of TA's house, the front . I think master bathroom windows are on the right.

Attachments

• IMG_20160216_013446.jpg
    IMG_20160216_013446.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 44
Embarrassingly primitive diagram of TA's house, the front . I think master bathroom windows are on the right.

Thanks, that works, here are his bedroom windows and the bathroom windows:

bedroom4sm.jpg

bathroompicture.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads