Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Clancy said -from the audience, near the end, was that she believed the killer may have started planning as early as March 2008, and bases that on seeing the transition in her journals, and ...being asked by the killer in March if Clancy thought she could recognize her with dark hair.

That must have been at the OKC in mid- March, when the killer wrote in her journal a week or so beforehand she was going to dye her hair because she was tired of blonde upkeep, but would wait until after convention because her family had never seen her blonde.

Hey there Hope :hug:

I am just kinda skimming through things and need to get completely caught up but as you know I have always thought that was planning to murder Travis in early 2008--So glad to hear Clancy revealed this information. Hopefully I'll get to see this show (and any other interviews) and read my book in the coming days! Saddened to hear that Tanisha blames Juan for juror that stood in the way of getting death--I truly hope there is healing in Tanisha's near future.

She toyed with people for amusement. She hated Clancy, so talking with her at all about something personal like that was IMO absolutely not straight forward or just small talk.

From the text timeline, the killer was in full-throated rage mode throughout March, really as early as mid-February. Told to get outta there by Travis, fired from Mimi's, flat out broke and likely hiding her car to keep it from being reposssesed, facing forced retreat from Mesa within weeks, seeing Mimi pop up as the "One" after all her fine work to terrify Lisa away from Travis, and from snooping at convention, knowing her besty CL and Travis were trying to hook up.....yah. I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if she ran through murder scenarios in her mind as early as that, just to help her get to sleep.

So, I watched Dr. Phil's show. What interests me is the juror stating that they (the jury) noticed the tone of 's journals changed from positive about Travis to becoming more and more negative. I am curious if you remember when her journaling became less positive? I had always thought that she went back and doctored her journals but if the change of tone started in early 2008 then I contend she was absolutely planting evidence and thus was planning to kill him as early as January 2008. Thoughts?

Why do the family blame Juan for Juror 17? What about the judge?? Confused.

Amster, I very much agree with what Hope said in her response to your question, particularly about Tanisha being immensely angry and struggling with her grief--which, sadly, I believe is deeply affecting her. I would add that Tanisha said during show that she was with Juan during jury selection and was upset/disappointed that he didn't strike juror 17 at that time.

But Arias told investigators she didn't think the name meant anything sexual.

She says she knew the name to mean someone who stonewalls another person.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jodi-arias-loses-visitation-privileges-after-crude-remark/

I know I shouldn't but been trying to figure out what word she used that she was so "ignorant" about...yeah sure...:blushing: One that has a sexual meaning but she thought it only meant "someone that stonewalls"...anybody have an idea what she said? I mean, of course, just first or first and last letters.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jodi-arias-loses-visitation-privileges-after-crude-remark/

I know I shouldn't but been trying to figure out what word she used that she was so "ignorant" about...yeah sure...:blushing: One that has a sexual meaning but she thought it only meant "someone that stonewalls"...anybody have an idea what she said? I mean, of course, just first or first and last letters.

c0ckblock, she also said they could look it up on Urban dictionary, I did, and she either doesn't know what it says or thinks they won't do it.

Didn't know where to post this, but if it needs removed.. so be it. Just thought this guy did a good job with his first song.

Written by:
Rex O.

I wrote this song for Travis' family. It was my way of telling them to cheer up, because life w/o parole is more justice than meets the eye. The song is called "Arizona Wind". It's the first song I've ever written and I dedicate it to Travis Alexander.

Locked up in a cell, reading a book, Is a small price to pay for the life that you took.

But the Arizona wind whispers his name in the air. It won't let you forget the reason why you're there.

When the judge looked you in the eye and said "life without parole" You never felt so lonesome, deep down in your soul.

You danced with the devil, but now the piper must be paid. And you'll hear that Arizona wind, until your dying day.

The Arizona wind it reminds you every day, Of the life you could've lived, of the life you threw away.

It reminds you in the evening when the desert sun goes down.

That you'll never leave that place till they lay your body down.

Living life behind bars is no kind of life to live, But that's the price of your sin the world cannot forgive.

And the Arizona wind whispers his name in the air, It won't let you forget the reason why you're there.

The Arizona wind it reminds you every day, Of the life you could've lived, of the life you threw away.

It reminds you in the evening when the desert sun goes down.

That you'll never leave that place till they lay your body down.

And the sun comes up and the sun goes down. Another day gets written down.

The days turn into months, then into years. Doing life without parole in Perryville.

Not sure I've seen much discussion re: this last picture from the deleted photo series, or maybe I just missed it. I played around with the lighting, etc. and found what looks to me like a doorknob in the upper left corner of this shot. Has anyone seen this mentioned, and does that give us a better idea of the location? (I'm thinking the linen closet door, maybe on the way to the shower?)

LastPicSm.jpg

I don't think anyone intended to fill the JM book thread with general discussion/sleuthing but it is happening and this thread has slowed in the process. And I admit to doing wrong on the book thread...it's just that things coming out of JM's book inspire further discussions and then those discussions grow legs....

On the other hand, if general discussion comes back here where it belongs, before long all book discussion will be posted here as well. I apologize for my transgressions on the book thread but carrying on a discussion while toggling between threads requires a mind more nimble than mine.

Not sure I've seen much discussion re: this last picture from the deleted photo series, or maybe I just missed it. I played around with the lighting, etc. and found what looks to me like a doorknob in the upper left corner of this shot. Has anyone seen this mentioned, and does that give us a better idea of the location? (I'm thinking the linen closet door, maybe on the way to the shower?)

View attachment 89693

I never noticed that "doorknob" before but it sure looks like one!

When I see photos like this, snapped while she was committing murder, I can't help but wonder how that happened! I mean, where was the camera as it snapped those photos seemingly on its own? Was the strap wrapped around her foot, maybe? Or had it been around her neck and during the first acts of violence fallen to around her waist? Dangling from the strap around her wrist? Somehow it was snapping photos so was she bumping it over and over? Or, was a timer set, even if accidentally, and continued to function through it all?

Even though the photos are not very clear I find it remarkable that they exist at all. Obviously she was not operating the camera at those times given the poor quality/out of focus shots we see. It still amazes me that that happened.

I never noticed that "doorknob" before but it sure looks like one!

When I see photos like this, snapped while she was committing murder, I can't help but wonder how that happened! I mean, where was the camera as it snapped those photos seemingly on its own? Was the strap wrapped around her foot, maybe? Or had it been around her neck and during the first acts of violence fallen to around her waist? Dangling from the strap around her wrist? Somehow it was snapping photos so was she bumping it over and over? Or, was a timer set, even if accidentally, and continued to function through it all?

Even though the photos are not very clear I find it remarkable that they exist at all. Obviously she was not operating the camera at those times given the poor quality/out of focus shots we see. It still amazes me that that happened.

I think she must have had the camera in low speed continuous drive mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2