Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #78

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I've asked in several threads now, how does one reconcile asking Tony to pick her up, meaning he knows where she left the car, with her wanting it to be stolen??? Are you guys saying she wanted it to be stolen from the lot from where it was finally recovered? If so, I still am not following, because Tony would have known that Caylee was NOT alive in the car when he picked up Casey, so if the car later turned up, and the exact same forensics are performed - same Caylee (?) forensic connection, which cannot be explained away by some random 3rd party stealing the vehicle from the Am. parking lot after Casey "ran out of gas," right? Again, I don't get why anyone thinks Casey intended for the car to be stolen from that parking lot - what would it have gained her if it later showed up??? Or is that just it: she hoped it would NEVER show up??? if so, she's not nearly as smart as she wants everyone to believe she is...:furious:

Hi Chezhire,
I'm of the opinion that she never had a plan, and still doesn't. I feel this way because I don't equate her being a liar necessarily with being a good and calculating liar. I'd bet that the reason she DOES lie is because nobody's ever put the screws to her before or called her on the carpet. If anyone ever had, she would've learned a long time ago that lying doesn't work for her.

When I read about the suspects in cases like this, I'm often wondering why the people discussing the suspect seem to naturally assign the suspect so much brain power, where it's not deserved. They're not smarter than you or even *as* smart as you, or us, rather.

imo
Selma

I posted this before but I think George also included the damage to the shed lock in the $50 total. And maybe even the cost of the actual gas cans?? Just a thought....

I'll have to go back and find the scanned copy of the theft report. IIRC, it had more than one $50 amount of there... I'll have to see though, there has just been sooo many things to read with this case! :crazy:

About the phone number thing: she couldn't just make new entries that would be any better, because she really didn't have numbers to go with these pseudo friends. Also, maybe she had called these neighbors on occasion, and her phone records would show calls to them, thus supporting her claim that she talked to Juliet and whoever. Weak, yes, but she was desperate?

Question... I heard somewhere that Casey only had a drivers permit, not a license, has anyone else heard this? Also, I heard claims that the family has stated Caseys journals had several entries about being jealous of Caylee and the attention that she gets from the grandparents.

Has anyone else heard about any of this? IMO the journals if they really do exist would be VERY telling...

Hadn't heard this either. Those journals are potentially a smoking gun that could help facilitate a Murder 1 charge b/c they prove motive and potential premeditation.

Lee stated the other day, IIRC, that Casey is telling the truth the best she can. Or something like that. He's got to be thinking she's out of her mind.

I really need to see the jailhouse visits/calls that we have not seen- I think they would certainly catch us up with the family's perspective on Casey's mental Health

This was actually posted and discussed a good week ago. IMO, it's Craigslist. No way unfortunately to prove this person is legit.
Ok thanks. I am going to have to drag back and find it here. It just got my attn because of the tampa area, gm saying casey was going to work in tampa, and then there is a mike connection mentioned in another post I found. This second post was from someone who emailed the poster and got a reply with more info. The second post here is a different person, I think. You are right about craigslist, whoever knows. Im sure LE will know what to do with it. Here is the second link. Now Im going to head back thru the weeks discussions to locate the older info.

http://sarasota.craigslist.org/rnr/775158660.html

I am not sure but I don't think George saw the car until the next day. I think Cindy went by the impound lot and saw the car on the 15th....and noted the decomp pizza smell. But the car wasn't removed and broght home until the next day. Perhaps she lacked having the cash to get it out at that time.

She broght Casey home, and called Lee. I think George showed up later after work.

No George picked up the car on the 15th. And George called Lee to come over because Cindy was upset. I'm not sure George went to work until the 16th.

What do you want to bet that Casey drove past the Amscot lot when she was borrowing Amy's car and was happy to see the car gone? Bet she thought that it had been stolen (as planned?).

Wouldn't she have a 'deer in the headlights' look if she planned/payed for someone else to take the car and they couldn't stand the smell either.

I don't doubt for a minute that she left that car there with the hopes that it would get stolen.

I'll have to go back and find the scanned copy of the theft report. IIRC, it had more than one $50 amount of there... I'll have to see though, there has just been sooo many things to read with this case! :crazy:

It was $20 for the cans and $50 for the gas.

I think the only way they are going to get Casey to talk is if they say that her mother told them everything. Even if Cindy knows nothing, I am sure Casey thinks she is figuring it out and that's why she won't visit with her family. JMO

Either that or if they told her that they found Caylee...not mentioning deceased or alive but just that they found her.

There was also the cost of damage to the broken shed lock on the report.

I've heard on crime shows that it's much easier to plan than to carry it out after a murder without making a mistake.

Cakegirl, Not sure what time zone you are in but I'm on the East Coast and the Geraldo show that was on at 10pm here will repeat again at 1am our time.

Thanks! I'm in the central time zone... so I hope I haven't missed the re-run. I'm time zone challenged, ha ha. If I haven't missed it already, I'll tivo and watch it in the AM. :blowkiss:

the thing of it is we don't really know what she did or didn't tell her father / ask her father to do.

We do know from the family that they were shocked to find out that their car, which they thought was with Casey, had been sitting in an impound lot for 2 weeks. They had to pay money to get it released, and it caused great fear and concern for them. It's all totally inconsistent with Mr. A having been told it was out of commission in the parking lot at the check place over 2 weeks before.

I was just thinking about the 30 days of time that Casey had to think up these lies. 30 days! That is a very long time to get your act together. If she were really smart she would have reported her missing herself a few weeks after whatever sad demise came to baby Caylee. She was so busy partying that she forgot to work on her cover-up.

No George picked up the car on the 15th. And George called Lee to come over because Cindy was upset. I'm not sure George went to work until the 16th.

Yes, certified letter sent 7-11 after a regular letter dated 6/30 was not responded to, IIRC, certified letter p/up on 7/15 as was the car, as was Casey

Thanks! I'm in the central time zone... so I hope I haven't missed the re-run. I'm time zone challenged, ha ha. If I haven't missed it already, I'll tivo and watch it in the AM. :blowkiss:

I'm a central time zone resident also.. lol.. We'll see it at midnight so you didn't miss it.

I believe that was based on George's recall. He also gave detail about what Caylee was wearing, right down to her little sunglasses and the little monkey backpack, too. He sure is observant -- my husband would never notice what I or my son might be wearing at any given time, even if asked immediately after seeing us...LOL

I thought it a little odd that George recalled in such detail, but perhaps because of his LE background, it's second nature to take note of things like that, even if not consciously trying to do so. Still, kinda convenient that she was wearing the now-washed-of-evidence pants, huh?

Howdy, neighbor :)
George said Caylee was wearing sunglasses on June 16th? I missed that.

That was the day the temperature dropped to 70-something degrees because it was raining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dressie