TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hailey looked like a perfectly healthy and well nourished child to me.

In fairness though..she wasnt living at her mums hardly so that really isnt any reflection on Billie that she looks well. In fact it was only when she was staying at home for once..that whatever happened.

What I find so strange is that ever sighting of BD and granted there aren't many, but there are some, LE has totally discounted all of them. Does anyone find that strange at all? Have they given any reasons for discounting all the sightings?tia

I think the big difference here is between discounting them and checking them out and finding them not credible. I believe they have said that they have checked them, but if there is video evidence to the contrary or a person who can provide contradictory evidence etc. they can rule them out. Also, there are "frequent flyers" so to speak who often report things to LE and sometimes these sightings are reported by those same people.....the same people who see purple aliens in their cars, and their neighbors burying elephants in their backyards, etc.

jmoo

BBM- No one has come forward to MSM to report a party was going on. Just because someone has a coctail or a beer during a stressful time does not make a party. Some folks serve beer and coctails at wakes. I think LE enhanced this information in the affidavit merely to ensure the search warrant got signed. JMO.

The witness has no obligation to bring their observations to the MSM.
If they did I would question their motives.

Billie's version.
Shawn's version.
or LE is exagerrating (lying) to get a search warrant that they already had probable cause to get signed?

I can't quite make that leap.

I don't really care if they had a party or not.
But someone told LE that Billie hosted a party.
Billie said they had some people over for drinks.
Not that her family swooped in to care for her.

When your child is missing for 72 hours maybe you have people over for drinks. When I have had a long week, am tired, or PMSing I don't invite people over for drinks. If my child had vanished off the face of the planet I highly doubt it would be on my to do list. YMMV.

But I really doubt LE made it up or hinged their search warrant on it.

IIRC, Clint said it was NOT a party, and he lives 50 yards away. He may (or may not) have recognized the cars as belonging to Billie's relatives, but regardless, he said there was no party.

There's no need for Clint to focus his energy on his estranged wife. He can see LE was/is taking care of that:

BBM

"I have to focus my attention on what I am doing and that's looking for my daughter. The cops they have their focus on Billie and Shawn and their in the spotlight.
So there is no need for me to put them in the spotlight, I need to look elsewhere and hopefully they didn't do anything to my daughter," Clint Dunn said.

http://www.newswest9.com/Global/story.asp?S=13834651

What I find so strange is that ever sighting of BD and granted there aren't many, but there are some, LE has totally discounted all of them. Does anyone find that strange at all? Have they given any reasons for discounting all the sightings?tia

Not strange at all ---- there were hundreds of sightings of Caylee Anthony, many even AFTER her body was found and identified.

How many times should LE look at video to check out a sighting?
How many times should they look under a rock, find nothing and look again?

We can repeat these 4 sightings over and over again, but doing so won't make it true.

LE have been unable to corroborate any sightings after 27th.
They EASILY accounted for the Dollar store visit.

LE can't prove a negative.

I don't find it strange at all that LE hasn't been able to corroborate any of the sightings. My observation in following missing children cases is that there are always sightings, and they most frequently don't pan out.

I think there are a lot of well-meaning people, who see a child who looks similar, and in the hope that missing the child might possibly be found and rescued, call it in.

I think most of us would do the same. I know I would.

Yes I am curious to see if he and the family are still in Mexico or not...

I knew he was in El Paso. Do you have a link about him being in Mexico? And, for him meeting with a psychic?

That's precisely what she appears to have admitted to on Nancy Grace. Getting a prescription refilled, but not from the pharmacy.

Well, no doctor, nurse, physician's assistant, pharmacy or most people in the general public consider that "getting a prescription filled". Neither does the legal system nor the licensing board for nurses.

jmo

Does anyone besides me recall that she had said they watched a movie when they got home and then went to bed?

I recall movies (plural)

ETA: 7:30 p.m. — Billie Jean Dunn and Adkins arrive back at Dunn's home in Colorado City, she tells the Reporter-News on Wednesday. They watch movies before going to be around 10 p.m., she says.

Timeline for missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn
Posted January 12, 2011 at 10:30 p.m.
http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/12/no-headline---hailey_dunn_timeline/?partner=RSS

Weather and sports are being covered on their respective stations. News does have weather, but I have not seen any coverage on this case here in Dallas. I have seen coverage on the Cable news channels.

I did see it one night, on channel 8 I think at 10 pm. It was a week or so ago and they gave it a few minutes coverage, not just a sentence or 2.

So this radio show tonight are psychics? How unfortunate. I need to get permission for any further discussion on this. We don't generally allow psychic links or discussions here.

I'll try to talk to a couple of Administrators.

Well, no doctor, nurse, physician's assistant, pharmacy or most people in the general public consider that "getting a prescription filled". Neither does the legal system nor the licensing board for nurses.

jmo

Yup. I believe she got her "prescription" filled from the local dealer, a street pharmacist without a license to sell drugs. A drug dealer and a buyer.

Older article but I found this part interesting...

http://www.mywesttexas.com/top_stories/article_866f96aa-2c33-11e0-a0c4-001cc4c03286.html

There are certain basic responsibilities for law enforcement and the parents of missing children alike when a case is fresh, according to the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, in which guidelines for each place a significant emphasis on the first 24 to 48 hours.

For law enforcement those steps include obtaining a detailed description of the child, searching a child's room as soon as possible and reviewing sex offender registries to determine whether individuals designated as sexual predators live or work nearby or might otherwise be associated with the child's disappearance.

Kampfer said that the Colorado City Police Department and others worked from a similar checklist as they were attempting to run down leads, though law enforcement were initially frustrated at stories found to be "contradictory" from certain initial interviewees.

masks and movies too????

Mind-altering drugs and a script ...

IIRC, Clint said it was NOT a party, and he lives 50 yards away. He may (or may not) have recognized the cars as belonging to Billie's relatives, but regardless, he said there was no party.

No, Clint said he didn't *see* a party. He didn't say there was no party.

I posted the quote and link earlier.

Yup. I believe she got her "prescription" filled from the local dealer, a street pharmacist without a license to sell drugs. A drug dealer and a buyer.

And quite probably someone who would sell to yours or my children/grandchildren and their friends. DEATHS happen from this,folks. This is exactly why I cannot and will not minimalize this kind of 'trade' that some seem to feel is ok because it is "cheap and convenient".

Stepping off my soapbox.

There is a recent case where a girl was seen being abducted... but LE didn't take it seriously because there wasn't a missing person's report yet.

If Billie is at work, doesn't want to totally over react... so she is going to go home, check friends houses and things like that. But at the same time wants the police to KNOW there is a missing girl in the meantime.

If a cop sees something suspicious and there is a report of a likely missing girl, he will be more likely to check that out. Just like if there is a report of a missing girl, a report of someone being abducted would be taken more seriously. (Though that should always be taken seriously, obviously it's not.)

This would be my thinking. I would want them to know ASAP. Just so that I could go ahead and check a few more places... yet they could be aware of it for any incidents that may happen before I arrived to file the official report.

I disagree.

BD called 911 from her job in Snyder to "alert" authorities of her concern(s) for SA entering her home while she was not there and went on to ask the dispatcher, "Is there anyway anybody can keep an eye over there?", "there" being her house.

As such, my thinking is that she would have repeated the same actions; (i.e., call 911 from Snyder, ask them to keep an eye out for anything suspicious involving her daughter and informed them that she would be there to file a report if needed).

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=332786

Does anyone know how BD gets through the day?

It must be pretty long and almost unbearable. Does she keep herself occupied printing or handing out flyers? Does she have a good support system in place? (I know CZ visits, what about family, her pastor etc?)

The reason I ask is, if and when SA is arrested or Hailey is found, I think it will hit hard.

Somebody linked in an article yesterday saying she has a friend living with her.

I don't know. If I were the parent of a missing child, I'm not entirely sure what all I'd do. I'm influenced by the fact that I'm now disabled, and I hardly remember being young, healthy, and energetic lol.

When I wasn't handing out fliers, I'd probably be on the net posting fliers in every local forum I could think of, emailing them out, ground mailing them out, finding people in different areas to post them for me, especially if there were non-local places LE told me would be good targets for posters, putting together lists of hospitals, clinics, Chuck E. Cheese's - places kids would be taken - and sending them fliers and asking them to post them.

I'd also build and publish a good, detailed timeline...

And a list of facts about the case...

And hold online and local discussions so people could pick my brain for info...

Or I might just lie in bed crying. I really don't know.

I recall movies (plural)

ETA: 7:30 p.m. — Billie Jean Dunn and Adkins arrive back at Dunn's home in Colorado City, she tells the Reporter-News on Wednesday. They watch movies before going to be around 10 p.m., she says.

Timeline for missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn
Posted January 12, 2011 at 10:30 p.m.
http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/12/no-headline---hailey_dunn_timeline/?partner=RSS

I'm not surprised Billie and Sean watched films that night. The affidavit states that H's maternal uncle indicated that Shawn watches slasher films daily. Perhaps, he missed his fix that day:

BBM
OSTRANDER also indicated ADKINS was obsessed with horror / slasher movies, and watches them daily.

http://casesignal.wordpress.com/2011/02/02/hailey-dunn-search-warrant-affidavit-january-6-2011/

That's precisely what she appears to have admitted to on Nancy Grace. Getting a prescription refilled, but not from the pharmacy.

I disagree she admitted to anything. In fact I believe she tried to confuse the whole situation in her defensive talk bobbing and weaving ten ways to Sunday.

I know five people in Putnam County, FL who are doing 15-25 years in jail for operating roadside pharmacies. And I also know of a few of their customers who were arrested for purchasing from the roadside pharmacy. It is the only justice Haleigh Cummings has received after 2 years.

Illegal is Illegal. :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members