NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I am taking your advice. I feel like i might be a crazy person but can't risk not saying anything and someone else gets hurt.

Hello LONGISLANDDWELLER and welcome to WS.

Yes, please take Shadow's advice and call the tip line! WE are all here to support you as I know from experience that it is a tough decision to make.

Good Luck and I hope you continue to post and keep us updated...just don't name any names who aren't a POI or suspect! Just ask if you have questions. We were all newbies once and I am grateful for all the nice people here who helped me:)

wm

With that being said, it's okay for you to post something like "did anyone look at so-so's roommate and because I think it's suspicious that..." withouth naming names. Initials are okay.

Welcome LONGISLANDDWELLER! I definitely think you should call both the police and the FBI. Don't give up until you are sure that they are taking you seriously. You may also want to contact Shannan's family members. They have a page on Facebook. You can send them a private message through Facebook. Seaslug44 is right-you can kind of mention what you're thinking as long as you don't name names. You could state what it is that is making you suspicious.

Can anyone refresh me on something...

I know JB admitted that Shannan was at a "party" at his house that night and that he contacted her through Craigslist. Was this story confirmed through his cell phone and computer records? Did he leave a trail of his contact with her? I'm just wondering if he used throw-aways and covered his tracks like the killer apparently did with the other girls.

Lorraine Waterman is holding a press conference this afternoon. She is also holding a vigil tomorrow:

Mom of Gilgo victim to hold vigil
June 10, 2011 by GARY DYMSKI / gary.dymski@newsday.com

Megan Waterman's family plans a candlelight vigil on Gilgo Beach Saturday, near where the body of the Maine woman was found during an investigation into possible serial killings.

Lorraine Waterman and her son, Greg, will mark the first anniversary of Megan Waterman's disappearance with the ceremony along Ocean Parkway. She plans to hold a news conference about the ceremony on Friday afternoon.

Waterman, 22, of Scarborough, Maine, disappeared after traveling to a hotel in Hauppauge to meet clients for sex, police said.

Since searching the beach in December authorities have discovered 10 sets of human remains -- eight in Suffolk and two in Nassau.

Five of the remains, including Waterman, have been identified.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/mom-of-gilgo-victim-to-hold-vigil-1.2946705

Hi all!

I am new here, although i have been lurking for about two weeks. I find this case very disturbing and would like to see the guy caught as soon as possible.
Based on info i gathered from your postings, i was able to find something out that i believe implicates someone for the murders. I would assume if i could figure it out, then surely the scpd and fbi must also have the information and most likely the suspect is in custody or being watched closely.
So what do i do now? Call the police just to make sure? Post what i found here? I am worried that there is a reason the info has not already been posted here. Please advise.

Thank you.

Hi, LongIslandDweller, and welcome. The only advice that I have to add to the fine counsel already offered is to present the information as succinctly and organized as you can. Like the rest of us, law enforcement officials rely on first impressions.

And good luck!

Odd newsreport concerning findings in underground pipelines of a bag possibly containing body parts in New Jersey City.
It was suspected to possibly beeing the remains of Shannan Gilbert, but further investigation showed that the bag only contained trash.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_jersey&id=8182332

New Jersey NewsObject found down NJ manhole is bag of trashFriday, June 10, 2011

The story sounds VERY odd to me, I mean who would place a bag full of trash in and underground pipeline ???

I'm not concerned about where the garbage was. That is easy. Thrown in sewer drain on the side of the road and makes its way through the pipes.

Call me crazy, but I think you stumbled on something bigger. Yes, as we've seen in the last week (texas mass grave) news reports can go a little crazy and jump the gun. But, with ABC being your first link...

Why are they concerned that a body in NJ City sewer is SG? Who went missing from Oak Beach LI where the bodies of the 4 other women were found.

So either a fluke of reporting or one of the biggest breaks we have seen in a long time?

Look like Melissa Barthelemy may have been dismembered and part of her body may have been found in Nassau County. Still difficult to determine but her mother said the coroner called her last month and said they found another part of Melissa's body and they confirmed it with DNA but they have not said where that body part was found. This changes things a bit. Looks like some of the GB5 may have been dismembered.

http://www.news12.com/articleDetail.jsp?articleId=283848&position=1&news_type=news

Families of Gilgo Beach victims set to hold candlelight vigil
(06/10/11) OAK BEACH - The mother of a Craigslist prostitute whose body was discovered on Gilgo Beach along with nine other victims held a news conference today.

Lorraine Ela's 22-year-old daughter, Megan Waterman, disappeared last June after meeting a client for sex in Hauppauge.

Waterman's remains were identified in January as one of the victims of a suspected South Shore serial killer.

Today, Ela and Waterman's brother, Greg, traveled from Maine to announce that they and families of the other victims will be holding a candlelight vigil tomorrow from 12 p.m. - 3 p.m. at Gilgo Beach.

Ela says she does not want her daughter to be forgotten.

"I wanted to see where they found my daughter and pay my respects, to finally say goodbye to her," Ela says.

Lynn Barthelemy, the mother of Melissa Barthelemy, whose body was discovered on Gilgo Beach, also traveled to Long Island today. She says last month, she got a call from the coroner's office informing her that another part of her daughter's remains was recovered.

As many as 10 sets of remains have been recovered, but there is still no sign of missing New Jersey woman Shannan Gilbert, whose disappearance set off the search.

Look like Melissa Barthelemy may have been dismembered and part of her body may have been found in Nassau County. Still difficult to determine but her mother said the coroner called her last month and said they found another part of Melissa's body and they confirmed it with DNA but they have not said where that body part was found. This changes things a bit. Looks like some of the GB5 may have been dismembered.

http://www.news12.com/articleDetail.jsp?articleId=283848&position=1&news_type=news

Families of Gilgo Beach victims set to hold candlelight vigil
(06/10/11) OAK BEACH - The mother of a Craigslist prostitute whose body was discovered on Gilgo Beach along with nine other victims held a news conference today.

Lorraine Ela's 22-year-old daughter, Megan Waterman, disappeared last June after meeting a client for sex in Hauppauge.

Waterman's remains were identified in January as one of the victims of a suspected South Shore serial killer.

Today, Ela and Waterman's brother, Greg, traveled from Maine to announce that they and families of the other victims will be holding a candlelight vigil tomorrow from 12 p.m. - 3 p.m. at Gilgo Beach.

Ela says she does not want her daughter to be forgotten.

"I wanted to see where they found my daughter and pay my respects, to finally say goodbye to her," Ela says.

Lynn Barthelemy, the mother of Melissa Barthelemy, whose body was discovered on Gilgo Beach, also traveled to Long Island today. She says last month, she got a call from the coroner's office informing her that another part of her daughter's remains was recovered.

As many as 10 sets of remains have been recovered, but there is still no sign of missing New Jersey woman Shannan Gilbert, whose disappearance set off the search.

Thats what I was getting at and thinking when I posted the video link in the MB thread. That would change alot.

IMO that would also mean we don't know the half and lots of secrets are being kept.

Maybe that is why they are saying that NJ4 are not linked to GB4?

New Story from Newsday about MB Link

The Barthelemy family made the trip to the Island Friday with a cardboard box on the backseat.

It contained a small bone from Barthelemy's arm, found near her body in December, the family and police said.

The bone, which was located a short distance from the rest of her remains, was identified as hers about a month ago, Suffolk police said.

An NYPD lieutenant who had earlier accepted the box from Suffolk officials on the family's behalf presented it to them Friday along with a folded American flag, the family said.

News of the existence of the bone came in a surprise phone call about three weeks ago from the Suffolk County Medical Examiner's office.

Lynn Barthelemy, Melissa's mother, said the family was never told that her daughter's remains were not complete or the origin of the missing bone.

The bone, which was located a short distance from the rest of her remains, was identified as hers about a month ago, Suffolk police said.
I would not read into this too much. The entire barrier island where the bodies were found is known as a seagull nesting area. With thousands of the scavengers in the area, I would have been shocked to learn that there were not at least a few bones removed from the bodies.

That is what we should expect from mother nature.

I've posted a link before to some Oak Beach aerial photos - this one is of the home just 2 doors west of Brewer's...also the home where the phone number is only 1 digit different from the CVS... and note the extended cab white truck and the boat dock/boat.

http://www.emixpix.com/New-York/Oak-Beach-NY-11702-AERIAL/7780004_swhp2#503464971_wVnED-X2-LB

Hey MrsPC,

A couple of things I would like to note:

1. The person with the phone number that is 1 digit off has initials KC, correct? Well if that is correct, his actual address is East Fairway CT in Bay Shore (Brightwaters). I don't think this person lives in Oak Beach.

2. The pickup truck in that picture is a close match, however, it doesn't appear to be a "Crew Cab" pickup with full back doors like the one pictured on the Ocean Parkway in the Bing Maps photos. Also, this pickup doesn't have the 3 domes on top like that other white pickup truck.

Let me know if you concur on the address. THANKS!

http://videos.nj.com/star-ledger/2011/06/84-year_old_investigator_searc.html

This 84 year old investigator from Jersey City travels to Oak Beach to trace Shannan Gilbert's steps and talk to Gus Coletti.

Internetgirl,

You always find great stuff! Thanks for all your efforts!

In this video, GC states that she ran around the gatehouse. That is some great information!! Originally, it was unclear where she went after hiding under his boat. Now he makes it clear that she stayed on the street and ran around the gatehouse and then down Anchor towards JC's house. And he seems to think she went to the jetty from there. Now we just have to figure out if it was the jetty at Galley East or Hatch Way.

The jetty by Hatch Way is AWFULLY close to the doctors house (CPH)!!! I'm just saying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona