State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-13-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember. JTF will know if it has ever been determined. Maybe he's still around and can answer. Would be interesting to know.

I recall there was a fabric impression (shirt or glove) on the wall.
They also found his DNA 16" from the floor, surrounded by blood spatter

In order for CY to get water to do anything, she needed to stand on the stool to reach the sink.

Now, that we know there was blood on her pj's that appeared she was sitting on the floor and putting marks on the wall, it all makes perfect sense.............

I could never figure out how her Pj's were not bloodied, today we learned they were.

:(
JMO

So, do I understand you to be saying that your theory is that Cassidy got on the stool to get water to clean her feet?

What did she put water in? How does a 2 yr old even know to do this? How did she then manage to get her feet into the water while all the time not getting her self soaked with the water she cleaning her feet with? How did she keep any of the water from splashing on the floor and thereby smearing all those bloody footprints into just a mess of blood smears all over the floor?

I don't even see how any of that is possible.

Cassidy did not clean her own feet. Impossible for this to be accomplished by a 2 yr old.

IMO

Why didn't or wouldn't Jason put clean pj's on CY as well?

Why would he clean her feet but leave her in bloody pj's?

Time.

ETA The feet were imperative. Think of how much of the puzzle they've already given us. Did he really want to leave more?

So, do I understand you to be saying that your theory is that Cassidy got on the stool to get water to clean her feet?

What did she put water in? How does a 2 yr old even know to do this? How did she then manage to get her feet into the water while all the time not getting her self soaked with the water she cleaning her feet with? How did she keep any of the water from splashing on the floor and thereby smearing all those bloody footprints into just a mess of blood smears all over the floor?

Cassidy did not clean her own feet. Impossible for this to be accomplished by a 2 yr old.

IMO

We know for a fact she climbed on the stool with bloody footprints.
We know her PJ's had blood on them.
We know she was found in bed with shoes, crime scene 44 photo.

I can't imagine someone cleaning her, but not changing her clothes as well.
Therefore, yes, I think she cleaned her feet the best she could.
Otherwise, someone would have put socks on her.
She had trouble doing that alone.
No new socks = problem for the state.
Jason would have done that..she maybe even would have asked him to.

JMO

He ran out of time. He was expecting CY to be asleep, a soft kill to Michelle that should have only taken a few moments-- in and out and back to the motel.. It just didn't work that way.

Bloody PJ's?
Phenolphthalein was needed.
There was very little visible blood on the pants, none on the top.

We know for a fact she climbed on the stool with bloody footprints.
We know her PJ's had blood on them.
We know she was found in bed with shoes, crime scene 44 photo.

I can't imagine someone cleaning her, but not changing her clothes as well.
Therefore, yes, I think she cleaned her feet the best she could.
Othewise, someone would have put socks on her.
She had trouble doing that alone.
No new socks = problem for the state.
Jason would have done that..

JMO

I see no issue at all with the no socks on her feet as the two bloody socks were found at the scene. Socks, when soggy and soaked eventually work their way off your feet, and Cassidy could have just kicked her legs enough times to get them to fling off. I've done that myself with wet soggy socks.

I've never been of the opinion that JY cleaned Cassidy up and now am even more convinced that he did not. Bloody socks found, bare and stocking footprints of Cassidy, smeared blood, during all of this she is eventually going to get the majority of the blood off her feet. Amounts of blood found on her pant legs and bottom area of her PJs. Nope, I do not think JY cleaned her up at all nor will I ever be convinced she cleaned herself.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this :seeya: because I'll never be convinced unless I witnessed it myself that Cassidy was able to do what you are suggesting.

If Cassidy was put back in her bed would there have been some blood on her sheets from the pj's?

He never held the PJ bottoms up to clearly see the blood (if so I missed it)
i'm unclear how much blood...he never was clear and Holt wasn't either.

Was it a very small amount of trace blood?
That is what I am thinking

I am confused to why the defense did not bring in CY's pjs or allude to them in the first trial.

We never heard there was blood on them before.!

They had to know her PJ's showed signs of her sitting her on the bathroom floor and that is how she possibly made the marks on the wall.

This is strange, because it completely takes out the personal part of Jason being the one to clean up CY!!

It means she could have or was trying to clean her feet by standing on her step stool.

Also, today we learned there were more of CY's prints on the carpet than originally known.

I would think this would be something the defense will make a big thing about, and, are feeling a little better tonite than last week.

All along all we heard was who else but Jason would clean CY?

Well, maybe no one !!

Am interested in Otto's input as well, they were all over this as a possibility.

Good job, Otto!!

JMO

Thanks ... I don't think anyone cleaned the child. I think she was awake and very busy, like a 2 year old, for hours before Meredith arrived. It's quite possible that she jumped under the covers when she first heard Meredith in the house. I think this is where the prosecution overcomplicated the case, but they needed to tie Jason to the scene and explain the child being well and in good spirits ... what better way than to say that he drugged his daughter, cleaned her up and tucked her into bed.

If we eliminate the drugging and cleaning, it shortens the timeline in terms of things that Jason supposedly did in 65 minutes, but it also loosens the connection between Jason and the crime scene. It seems like the prosecution was really desperate to tie him to the scene and tried to do it through his daughter by omitting blood evidence.

Thanks ... I don't think anyone cleaned the child. I think she was awake and very busy, like a 2 year old, for hours before Meredith arrived. It's quite possible that she jumped under the covers when she first heard Meredith in the house. I think this is where the prosecution overcomplicated the case, but they needed to tie Jason to the scene and explain the child being well and in good spirits ... what better way than to say that he drugged his daughter, cleaned her up and tucked her into bed.

If we eliminate the drugging and cleaning, it shortens the timeline in terms of things that Jason supposedly did in 65 minutes, but it also loosens the connection between Jason and the crime scene. It seems like the prosecution was really desperate to tie him to the scene and tried to do it through his daughter by omitting blood evidence.

Interesting you said that.
Totally opposite of what the DT said.
They want the jury to believe CY was in fact washed and redressed and MF did it....desperate times for desperate people.

Interesting you said that.
Totally opposite of what the DT said.
They want the jury to believe CY was in fact washed and redressed and MF did it....desperate times for desperate people.

Exactly, so far in this trial the DT has cross examined several witnesses and made a huge deal about Cassidy being so clean!!!

In order for CY to get water to do anything, she needed to stand on the stool to reach the sink.

Now, that we know there was blood on her pj's that appeared she was sitting on the floor and putting marks on the wall, it all makes perfect sense.............

I could never figure out how her Pj's were not bloodied, today we learned they were.

:(
JMO

We know she could use the step stool, that she could turn on the tap, that she was talking about the wash cloth and that there was blood on her pyjamas. Evidence in the bathroom shows multiple bare footprints from one person, the child. No one else was in the bathroom with her after she had blood on her feet. Her feet would not remain wet with blood walking from the bedroom to the bathroom such that she could smear it on the wall, so it's very likely that she used water on her feet and then put the smears on the wall with her feet.

I've seen the question about how she would clean her feet on a step stool. Obviously that didn't happen. She used the stool to get to the water, but there is no reason to assume that she stood on the stool while she cleaned her feet. I've seen it suggested that heels are hard to get to ... certainly not for a 2 year old.

She may not have cleaned her feet, maybe she spilled water on the floor and stepped in it ... causing the prints. Walking on the carpet with blood on her wet feet would further clean her feet. If I had to guess, I would say that the prosecutor doesn't have children.

IMO

Two year olds have no problem spilling water all over the floor while using the sink.

It was 77 degrees the day before in Raleigh.....and just the beginning of November.

I am sure these things were all on their to do list.....they would get around to them.

Jason's friend testified about a home warranty plan that they both were looking into.

Shelly Schaad said 'it was so cold in the house she kept her coat on the entire time.

And I didn't hear 'they were both looking into it'. I heard Jason was supposed to do something about it. Somehow Michelle doesn't look like the type of person who would think committing a fraud upon a warranty would be her style. Because that's what it would be, obtaining a home warranty *after* something was already broken. Perhaps that's what he was waiting for to fix the garage door too?

IMO

I think any of us who have actually raised toddlers understand the child did NOT clean her own feet. She'd be lucky to be able to reach the faucet handles by herself. The step stool is merely an aid to help the child reach the sink. That doesn't mean she could stick her feet in the sink. Had she splashed a bunch of water around the bathroom floor, it would have run into the footprints. I think the fact that the footprints remained as well formed and shaped was because they were made while mommy's blood was still wet. She was cleaned up and put back to bed, drugged, and by the time she woke up again, those original footprints on the bathroom floor were dried. So if she went into that bathroom again, she didn't mess up the original footprints, because they were dried. Probably that cold house assisted in their drying.

It's hard to 'eliminate the drugging' when you have a dropper, containing the meds, with the child's DNA on the dropper end, sitting right there on her shelf, next to the meds.

It's hard to 'eliminate the drugging' when you have a dropper, containing the meds, with the child's DNA on the dropper end, sitting right there on her shelf, next to the meds.

There's no way to connect the dropper to Jason and there is no evidence the child was drugged. Therefore, there's nothing to say that the medicine was used on the night of the murder.

Ok, so CY had blood on the bottom of her pj's and on the seat part also. She had walked in the blood, layed on the bathroom floor in the blood she'd dragged in on her feet, put her feet on the wall, and made prints. IMHO, I doubt CY even knew what that was on her feet. Or the significance of it, anyway. We are horrified, an innocent 2 yo, is curious.

By the time MF came, CY had removed her socks. There were more little footprints on the carpeting than LE originally thought, which indicates to me her feet kind of cleaned up themselves by walking on the carpeting. But remember, MF said she had blood between her toes. So it doesn't appear her feet were washed at all.

As far as I can see, about the only thing JY did, IF he did it, he gave her medicine and turned on the music in her room. Of course, now JY would say sure he knew the music didn't work for CY anymore like MY told MF, but my bet is he didn't know MY didn't use that anymore. Heck, he seemed to come unglued when CY messed her pants.

JMHO
fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members