CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of take issue with LE being so certain that Dylan did not run off or get lost; they say also, I believe, no signs of forced entry. So they are almost but not quite pinning the father into a corner-what if they are wrong?

I guess maybe they think it is possible he left and was quickly abducted? But if so, they are not really hinting that so much as making it sound as though he did not leave the house under his own steam. It is like they are insinuating that, anyway.

Maybe they know more, maybe there were signs of a crime scene, but otherwise, how can they be so certain of anything? I am not convinced by the lack of cell phone use, only because of the numerous reports of spotty coverage.

Could it be the calls were long distance and there was a charge for them. I don't know just asking. ty

Could be... Now that you mention it... :dunno:

ETA.... I just asked my cell phone expert...my DD :smile:... it seems it depends on the service the callee belongs to whether there is any charge or not....

Maybe LE told MR to check and see if anything was missing besides Dylan and his backpack....and he noticed a pole was gone. Or is that too logical?

Why is the pole gone? Presumably, Dylan either went to visit his friends or he went fishing.
If he went fishing, why would he possibly take all his belongings with him?
This part was never making sense to me.

Night-nite fellow crime fighters! Tomorrow is a new day...and hopefully a better one.

the backpack interests me greatly. it and the entire contents have vanished along with Dylan then we have to ask why. If Dylan was just going to meet up with mates then IMO he would probably pull everything out of it and only take what he absolutely needed for the day, if he needed to take a backpack at all.

it doesn't make sense that a boy would take the backpack and all its contents if he was just going visiting for the day.

People can chose to believe whom they want to believe. I haven't seen anyone telling anyone else that they have to believe what the mother is saying. I personally find her very believable.

So, if mom and dylan lived in that area wouldn't she know there is no cell service? Dylan I am assuming had been there before so I would think that would be common knowledge to her. jmo
Apparently, she's under the impression texting works.

Elaine Redwine told ABC News she was having a difficult time getting in touch with her ex-husband about their son.

"He hasn't had any contact with us. [My older son] tried to get a hold of him by texting him, and he wouldn't respond," she said. "I just find it odd that at a time like this, he would be so evasive."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-boys-mother-suspects-husband-sons-disappearance/story?id=17813458

Apparently, she's under the impression texting works.

Elaine Redwine told ABC News she was having a difficult time getting in touch with her ex-husband about their son.

"He hasn't had any contact with us. [My older son] tried to get a hold of him by texting him, and he wouldn't respond," she said. "I just find it odd that at a time like this, he would be so evasive."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-boys-mother-suspects-husband-sons-disappearance/story?id=17813458

I don't think this would be the first time mother communicated or tried to communicate with her ex-husband. Where does the idea that texting doesn't work come from?

I don't think this would be the first time mother communicated or tried to communicate with her ex-husband. Where does the idea that texting doesn't work come from?
From these posts and other discussion of the area's cellular service.

I live in that area during the summertime. And have been to Vallecito many times. It is a very small community way back in the Mountains. It is nestled between two mountain ranges and I have never had cell phone service while there. Unless something has changed which i doubt - none, nada, zilch. You loose service as soon as you leave the Bayfield area. Scanty service between Bayfield and Durango on 160. And it is gone again once you leave Durango on Florida Rd/240. If the phone was shut off at 8pm sunday eve and not turned back on it was because of no service. If Dylan attempted to walk towards Bayfield he would not have been texting, again no service. Unless dad had wifi on his computer there would be no signal to text. Bayfield, Vallecito and durango are in the same land line area. Covers quite a few miles east and west. ATT says that a cell works where I live out there saying the area is covered but there is absolutely no cell phone service at my home.

I hear you. Me too. I don't live there or have a "cabin" but I have fly fished there more times than I can count. I've never had service and I was there this past August. My DH (left brained kind of guy) went to buy a new horse nearby. I went fly fishing since I would fall in love with any horse and needed to stay away. lol. I got yelled at ... by the left brained DH because I didn't call him. Well ... duh!! I had no service with ATT ... they lied about the service, IMO. I was forgiven. He bought the horse and I fished some more.
BTW... I live outside of Santa Fe, NM, about 200 miles away. I'm closer to where MR lives than where ER moved too in C Springs with DR and older brother CR and live-in/new husband, MH.

From these posts and other discussion of the area's cellular service.

Dylan was obviously somehow able to communicate with his friends since they apparently expected he was going to visit in the morning. Also they apparently knew that his plans to visit them on the evening of the 18th have changed to the morning of 19th.
I am really curious when his friends were told his plans changed and how he was able to communicate with them before his cell phone activity stopped.

Please show me WHERE Dad made a "big deal" about the missing pole. I have read every link here and posted many, myself. I never read he made a big deal out of a fishing pole. TIA.

He was upset police didn't go to the lake right away despite the fact that pole was missing. I'd call that making a big deal.

I think MR pushed the issue of the so-called "missing" fishing pole. Furthermore, I think it's possible MR may have tried to steer the investigation from the beginning (with the alleged "missing" fishing pole).

It's one thing to give LE useful info when your child is reported missing. It's a whole 'nother thing to criticize LE (to the media, no less) if they don't jump & ask how high when you say jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbifedora