CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember seeing the room of the black guy (sexual offender) and it didnt seem like he was packing up and going anywhere soon. You guys know the guy im referring to? what floor is he on?

He's on the 10th floor.

So true.

How do you remember the 7th floor as being green? From a photo or a past visit?

Does anybody know how to find out what room numbers are on which floors? We could use that as a cross reference for the floors shown in videos,

Also, you posted a tour that I was unable to watch as it's unavailable on mobile devices. Did you catch the floor colour or number?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

How do I know? I watched this video here -

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY2kiP8FVOY"]Cecil hotel tour - YouTube[/ame]

Fast forward to 1:47 on the video. See the metal oval sign beside the painted wall of the dog? It says 7.

At first, I thought it said 1 -- but watching the video further helped me proved it was the 7th floor. You'll see for yourself what I mean.

How do I know? I watched this video here -

Cecil hotel tour - YouTube

Fast forward to 1:47 on the video. See the metal oval sign beside the painted wall of the dog? It says 7.

At first, I thought it said 1 -- but watching the video further helped me proved it was the 7th floor. You'll see for yourself what I mean.

WOW! Ok!! I am unable to watch that video on my ipad so hadn't seen that! Thanks!!!

Listen shes on the 14th floor. Listen to the logic.

She CLEARLY presses all the buttons in the middle row however 14 never lights up.

NOTICE the top row (be it super hard to make out at times) is never lit. after the elevator moves once its goes to 10. The light for 10 goes and and it goes to 7.

The three floors you see are 14-10-7

You wanna talk about building renos... Did anyone else notice one elevator had a wicked badass new camera in one of the hotel tours? Ill look back but i think it was the latest posts I believe someone found on reddit?

Yes I remember.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zkukLsXdE0"]Tour of the Cecil hotel: The BEST hotel in downtown Los Angeles. - YouTube[/ame]

However, it was the opposite elevator that had the new black dome security cameras. Elisa Lam was not on that elevator.

images

Elisa Lam had the elevator with the outdated CCTV security camera if I recall in one other video. I'm talking about this CCTV security camera.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images.../1254841419398/A-CCTV-security-camera-001.jpg

Not sure if they changed both the CCTV cameras with the newer dome ones. But with the poor quality recording from the CCTV footage of Elisa Lam, I doubt it. I'm sure the new dome CCTV cameras are equipped with better quality recording cameras. But that's just speculation

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TjVBpyTeZM"]Elisa Lam Video - YouTube[/ame]

Also this is the picture I reference earlier regarding the cameras seemingly being updated.
1361523856-3910454932_n.jpg

Oh is that thing in the top left corner not a camera?

Also this is the other elevator - aka the one elisa wasnt in

Listen shes on the 14th floor. Listen to the logic.

She CLEARLY presses all the buttons in the middle row however 14 never lights up.

NOTICE the top row (be it super hard to make out at times) is never lit. after the elevator moves once its goes to 10. The light for 10 goes and and it goes to 7.

The three floors you see are 14-10-7

Sorry, I have listened to the 'logic' but it appears I was wrong. What you described was what I always believed at first, until LittleWing proved me wrong.

Here was my original analysis:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TjVBpyTeZM"]Elisa Lam Video - YouTube[/ame]

we6I2JX.jpg

Elisa Lam only presses the middle row column of elevator buttons, top to bottom.

The very first button on the top is 14.

When she presses it, it does not light up because she is already on that floor

However, the rest of the buttons under (except the DOOR HOLD button) does light up. It's only the floor buttons that do light up.

If she was on the 15th floor and pressed the 14th floor button, it would of lit up. Watch the video and observe how only 4 buttons light up.

Those 4 buttons that are lit up are 10, 7, 4 (her hotel room floor), M (mezzanine) and finally the B (basement)

But this was proven wrong.
I'll show you why -

Have you seen our earlier discussions about the floor she's on?

In this video circa 2012
http://youtu.be/_zkukLsXdE0

The two people are staying on the 14th floor. The 14th floor is painted a very distinctive shade of green. whether or not the green is played down in the surveillance footage of Elisa we're not sure, but unless they have repainted the floors then i seriously doubt she was on the 14th floor in the video.I am fairly confident also that there are indeed only 2 elevators in the building.

In addition, if the button doesn't stay lit up when she presses 14 because she is indeed on the 14th floor, can you please explain to me why at the 3.12 mark in the surveillance footage once the elevator door is about halfway open, the 14 light definitely and clearly turns off? To me this would indicate that the elevator reached the 14th floor.

It seems to me that some of the lights aren't as bright as the others, and other factors like light reflecting off the interior panels if the elevator can make the dim ones look dimmer.

Watch at 3:12 on the video. See the very top button that is the 14th floor button on the elevator panel in the CCTV recording video?

The button goes dark when the elevator door opens. That means the 14th floor button was actually lit up the entire time, and it was hard to see it due to the poor quality of the video, and the possibility that the 14th floor button was damaged making it dimmer than all the other buttons that are lit up.

So technically, she wasn't on the 14th floor at all.

I believe now that she was on the 15th floor, or a lower floor that had a similar design to it - red wallpaper and crossbars etc.

Also:

At 1:21 on the tape I believe i see the time stamp read 1:23AM Anyone else see that?

and

Couldnt dying face up signify air in the lungs? Or I mean her being found face up meaning air in the lungs? I really feel like she entered the tank on her own accord and suffocated. Perhaps this would cause this?

My roommate is sure IHO that she died from asfixiation or however its spelled

You may be on to something with the face up thing. It doesn't seem typical.
http://forums.officer.com/t5565/
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2005/09/dead_mans_float.html

a type of logical fallacy in which a clue is intentionally or unintentionally misleading or distracting from the actual issue.

I believe it to be a completely seperate issue that is happening all together. An outbreak of TB in the same area? Now theyre reporting its a drug resistant form of TB? Whats next its become waterborne?

I havent done much research on this company The Invisible Light Project but from what ive gathered its essentially a business that sells a product than can see disease? and guess where its located. The same area.

WTF is that all about? Crazy *advertiser censored* TB outbreak near a center that has a product that can see disease?? It all seems so crazy

Also this is the picture I reference earlier regarding the cameras seemingly being updated.
1361523856-3910454932_n.jpg

Oh is that thing in the top left corner not a camera?

Also this is the other elevator - aka the one elisa wasnt in

No, that is a white CCTV security camera you are looking at.
When was that picture taken?

This video was uploaded on July 4th 2012, featuring the elevator with the black dome CCTV camera. (the camera is already shown in the preview screen for the video)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zkukLsXdE0"]Tour of the Cecil hotel: The BEST hotel in downtown Los Angeles. - YouTube[/ame]

images

Just wanted to quickly throw this in - remember that weird "reporter"?
Ive just looked at his channel again, and he just posted a new video a few minutes ago, regarding the case...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JR-GIhT1ZE"]Elisa Lam Murder Case Covert Video - YouTube[/ame]
I just don't know, i don't wanna judge him just from his appearance, but I'm just not sure if we can fully trust him...

Turk she is on 14. I am 100% sure of it. I just watched over and over to make sure.4

At the :05 or :06 second mark around there you can actually see her press 14 then press 10 then press 7 then press 4 then press M. Only 4 of those buttons light up.

You were right to begin with. Whats messing u guys up is that the top row actually blends in at times and seems gone due to the bad quality. Scrub the video around a bit and just stare at the top row. there are 3 buttons that never light up up there including the 14 button which she clearly presses first as I said around the 6-8 second mark

Just wanted to quickly throw this in - remember that weird "reporter"?
Ive just looked at his channel again, and he just posted a new video a few minutes ago, regarding the case...
Elisa Lam Murder Case Covert Video - YouTube
I just don't know, i don't wanna judge him just from his appearance, but I'm just not sure if we can fully trust him...

not sure if you are aware but the weird reporter is a known SO that lives about a block away from the Cecil.

I believe it to be a completely seperate issue that is happening all together. An outbreak of TB in the same area? Now theyre reporting its a drug resistant form of TB? Whats next its become waterborne?

I havent done much research on this company The Invisible Light Project but from what ive gathered its essentially a business that sells a product than can see disease? and guess where its located. The same area.

WTF is that all about? Crazy *advertiser censored* TB outbreak near a center that has a product that can see disease?? It all seems so crazy

When I looked up the company it appeared that they provide visual effects for movies. At least that's what all the employees do on imdb.com.

No, that is a white CCTV security camera you are looking at.
When was that picture taken?

This video was uploaded on July 4th 2012, featuring the elevator with the black dome CCTV camera. (the camera is already shown in the preview screen for the video)

Tour of the Cecil hotel: The BEST hotel in downtown Los Angeles. - YouTube

images

I found it in a post earlier in this thread.

This is the link. Its of the couple that took pics there so Im not sure when they took them.

http://bigsishead.pixnet.net/blog/post/31700229

They posted them just a few days ago however. Feb 22 Fri 2013 21:59 is when these are posted.

Ive been seeing those black dome cameras for the most part then all of a sudden I saw that one and thought thats weird that thing looks high tech!

Sorry, I have listened to the 'logic' but it appears I was wrong. What you described was what I always believed at first, until LittleWing proved me wrong.

Here was my original analysis:

Elisa Lam Video - YouTube

we6I2JX.jpg

Elisa Lam only presses the middle row column of elevator buttons, top to bottom.

The very first button on the top is 14.

When she presses it, it does not light up because she is already on that floor

However, the rest of the buttons under (except the DOOR HOLD button) does light up. It's only the floor buttons that do light up.

If she was on the 15th floor and pressed the 14th floor button, it would of lit up. Watch the video and observe how only 4 buttons light up.

Those 4 buttons that are lit up are 10, 7, 4 (her hotel room floor), M (mezzanine) and finally the B (basement)

But this was proven wrong.
I'll show you why -

Elisa Lam Video - YouTube

Watch at 3:12 on the video. See the very top button that is the 14th floor button on the elevator panel in the CCTV recording video?

The button goes dark when the elevator door opens. That means the 14th floor button was actually lit up the entire time, and it was hard to see it due to the poor quality of the video, and the possibility that the 14th floor button was damaged making it dimmer than all the other buttons that are lit up.

So technically, she wasn't on the 14th floor at all.

I believe now that she was on the 15th floor, or a lower floor that had a similar design to it - red wallpaper and crossbars etc.

She was definitely on the 14th. The floors that do light up are - 10, 7, 4, M. 14, B and Door Hold do not light up.

Turk she is on 14. I am 100% sure of it. I just watched over and over to make sure.4

At the :05 or :06 second mark around there you can actually see her press 14 then press 10 then press 7 then press 4 then press M. Only 4 of those buttons light up.

You were right to begin with. Whats messing u guys up is that the top row actually blends in at times and seems gone due to the bad quality. Scrub the video around a bit and just stare at the top row. there are 3 buttons that never light up up there including the 14 button which she clearly presses first as I said around the 6-8 second mark

Then explain to me why the 14th floor button (the button that she pressed which did not light up as we first thought) starting at 3:10 on the video goes dark when the elevator door opens midway again?

Watch very closely again.

I noticed the very top button looking very dim in earlier points of the video that's why. But then again, you might be right also...or, I was right from the beginning about her being on the 14th floor. But watch this video here. They are going on the 14th floor.

Does the hallway in the bottom video match with the hallway Elisa Lam is in on the CCTV recording?

we6I2JX.jpg

Because that's actually the 10th floor button. At 0:09, she presses the 14th button, it lights up when she presses it then goes dark immediately after, like it should, if she was on the 14th floor.

It also makes sense - if she presses all the buttons in the middle, and only 4 buttons light up - all in a row - which ones would they be? It couldn't be Door Hold. B is security locked, so it has to be 10, 7, 4, and M.

But, not when she was alive. These weren't cadaver dogs.

So, she was not alive doing anything (not hiding, hanging with new/old friends, not being suicidal) on the roof.

I read they were cadaver dogs, maybe earlier on this thread. Now I'm confused.
Does anyone have links about the dogs? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members