MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the odds that while looking at the video of the van at Coin Zone and at Homestead bar, LE backed it up to see if the same van used the same route heading in the opposite direction earlier in the day? If they did and the video showed the van, is this something they would mention?

If they checked and it was visible heading in the other direction, there is a chance they could enhance it enough to get at least a partial plate number perhaps, and maybe even a glimpse of the driver. If they haven't already checked, I hope they will before it is too late and has been recorded over, if it hasn't already been. JMO

What are the odds that while looking at the video of the van at Coin Zone and at Homestead bar, LE backed it up to see if the same van used the same route heading in the opposite direction earlier in the day? If they did and the video showed the van, is this something they would mention?

Wonderful thought I had expressed after they released the first video. My thought was, if they checked the video earlier in the day and saw the van heading in the opposite direction, first and foremost it would be a video of the drivers side instead of the passenger side and you may be able to gain some information if the video captured the driver(facial hair? size? hat? skin tone?). I don't know if LE should mention it or not. While I believe certain information can be helpful to pass to the public, I also understand some information is better not released.

Maybe they found a different cell phone at the station (like Woe said) and they didn't tell anyone because it's key evidence? So much for the secret weapon huh? If they clone HIS phone and download the data, they can probably use towers to trace what route it came from. That would explain the U-turn the van took. If he left his phone behind, and went back to retrieve it, then saw someone at the store; then decided not to go back. What a mess. My own speculation and opinion of course.

No, sorry, you misunderstood me or I may not have been clear in my post. Either way, it's possible they have a poi and they've requested his phone records (with a subpoena) and they're analyzing them now to figure out his route/trail. This may also lead LE to the crime scene or to Jessica.

I'm not thinking he left or lost his phone at the gas station. They may know by now that his phone pinged around near there at the time in question.

Wow. I finally get to post. I'm a newbie.

I am here because for some reason, I have taken interest in this case. Jessica seemed like such a nice person and what has happened to her really makes me angry. So much for my emotions.

I joined because I wanted to offer my opinion. I think you may have a serial rapist/killer. If you look in the NamUs database, Lisa Night disappeared on June 8, 2012 from Ossineke, MI. She was 29 years old, about 5' 0" tall, blonde hair, between 110 to 130 lbs. She had tattoos and piercings. All this sounds very similar to Jessica.

I believe they said the van was headed north. Ossineke is north of North Shores. Mapquest says it's about a 5 hour drive from North Shores to Ossineke. Split the difference that's about 2 1/2 hours to either location. Very convenient.

My observation of these kind is that they abduct the victim, have their way with them and then terminate them (let us hope not in this case). For some time they are fearful of getting caught, to some degree remorseful and satisfied. But after some time ( about 6 months or so), their desire takes over again and they repeat with a victim of similar characteristics. The more often they do this, the less time there is between occurrences as they lose all sense of conscience and become braver. If my suspicion is correct, Jessica maybe his second victim ( thus the few little mistakes he has made).

Just a theory, my gut leads me there.

I'm afraid you may be right.

Wow. I finally get to post. I'm a newbie.

I am here because for some reason, I have taken interest in this case. Jessica seemed like such a nice person and what has happened to her really makes me angry. So much for my emotions.

I joined because I wanted to offer my opinion. I think you may have a serial rapist/killer. If you look in the NamUs database, Lisa Night disappeared on June 8, 2012 from Ossineke, MI. She was 29 years old, about 5' 0" tall, blonde hair, between 110 to 130 lbs. She had tattoos and piercings. All this sounds very similar to Jessica.

I believe they said the van was headed north. Ossineke is north of North Shores. Mapquest says it's about a 5 hour drive from North Shores to Ossineke. Split the difference that's about 2 1/2 hours to either location. Very convenient.

My observation of these kind is that they abduct the victim, have their way with them and then terminate them (let us hope not in this case). For some time they are fearful of getting caught, to some degree remorseful and satisfied. But after some time ( about 6 months or so), their desire takes over again and they repeat with a victim of similar characteristics. The more often they do this, the less time there is between occurrences as they lose all sense of conscience and become braver. If my suspicion is correct, Jessica maybe his second victim ( thus the few little mistakes he has made).

Just a theory, my gut leads me there.

We do have a thread here for Lisa Knight, it's not a discussion forum, but info.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176678&highlight=lisa+Knight

Case after case unfold here at WS. And in ALOT of cases cell phone pings are brought up and examined. Have we ever seen a situation here,where a cell ping lead us to our missing person? Im not being snarky...I promise. Im seriously curious.
I remember spending hours and hours going over the cell phone info in the Mackenzie Cowell case.....but nothing. It just seems so plausible and "easy",but it never leads to whom we are searching for.
IDK...pardon the interuption. You guys are doing great :)

There were tire tracks lifted from the victim's home (scene of abduction) and in this case, they were extremely unusual.

One tire out of the four on the SUV had been installed backwards, the tread was an extremely rare and high-end tire.

Williams SUV had 1 tire installed backwards, when he went through the check.

LE didn't even have the stop check quite set-up and ready to go, but, Williams SUV fit one of the known vehicles that such a tire could be installed on, so they waved him over anyway.

Only problem was, he was in charge of the Military Base, and was the one issuing orders for the victim's SAR. High level, indeed. Don't even get me going. :furious:

You want to read about a pyschopath monster serial killer, with 2 lives, who fooled the Queen of England and Prime Ministers abound, look him up. :furious:

Some investigative techniques really work, and that's why I am frustrated with what seems to be going on in this case.

wow!

General Serial Killer eludes the Queen and Prime Minister...

but then gets caught with a backwards tire.... :back:

the cretin! :furious:

Case after case unfold here at WS. And in ALOT of cases cell phone pings are brought up and examined. Have we ever seen a situation here,where a cell ping lead us to our missing person? Im not being snarky...I promise. Im seriously curious.
I remember spending hours and hours going over the cell phone info in the Mackenzie Cowell case.....but nothing. It just seems so plausible and "easy",but it never leads to whom we are searching for.

YES!
Kristi Cornwell was found by her brother using a suspects cell phone pings

http://www.11alive.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=171080

There have also been other cases where the body was found later in the area indicated by pings.

and without being insulting...no hunter is going to step over a body in the woods because they aren't sure if its a missing girl or not...

Of course not. But they might ignore clothing, glasses, or disturbed earth.
In other cases police have specifically ASKED hunters to be on the lookout. (Venus Stewart.)

When I go hiking I don't call police if I find a blue shirt, pajamas, socks, or eye glasses.
I assume some person left them behind in an innocent situation.

When Elizabeth Smart was missing??? I called for anything that could have been related.

An open mind is extremely important in these cases.
I was one of VERY few people who always believed Elizabeth Smart alive and Richard Ricci innocent.
Many were operating under the "normal" situation when a child is abducted, they are murdered.

There are ALWAYS exceptions to the most likely scenario.
I try to look at ALL options. Not just one.

I have a friend in Kalamazoo who had NOT heard of this case. That is only an hour and a half away.

This guy took a huge risk...He didn't just kill her and dump her in the dunes 20 minutes after he grabbed her

This is all dependent on the MOTIVE.

What if she broke his nose? Or gouged his eye? Or kicked him in the you know where?
Maybe he killed her in ANGER... regardless of what his plan was... maybe she hurt him and he snapped.

Or maybe he killed her because that WAS his plan.
If he WAS taking her to prevent her from testifying against him, what motive would he have for keeping her?

Or yes, maybe he is keeping her alive for whatever sick reason he has.
Assuming this was a sex offense, he likely wanted to keep her for a while.
That doesn't mean that his plan turned out the way he wanted it to. :twocents:

ALL possibilities need to be investigated. When people focus on only ONE... they miss things. :twocents:

I do feel like with all of the tech and resources now being utilized there will be a break in this case soon enough. They will corner this cat, or at least obtain and release enough information to the public that someone out there will put two and two together. Hope it's soon.

I do not know if these cases are related or not...

but it IS kind of mind boggling to me...

all girls with similar characteristics....

and all girls go missing in April....

:dunno:

JMO

I wonder what the significance of April would be if true. Is that when he gets his annual vacation time off I wonder?

Honestly, I think it is just that April is just spring.
That's when it warms up.

There are more people out and about...
More people doing their hobbies (hunting, fishing, hiking....)

Why would predators be any different?
Maybe they don't like the cold either...

I wonder what the significance of April would be if true. Is that when he gets his annual vacation time off I wonder?

Maybe he's a travelling turkey hunter! No, I'm not being serious there but it IS weird how all those girls go missing in April and all are so similar. But I think with some of those cases the perp would have had to have known the victim's schedule to know the best time to abduct her. I can't see some guy who randomly travels around looking for victims knowing all those details.

I'm not sure that would be legal....anyone know?

The one that first comes to mind is the Bain girls.

When one listens to the scanner threads, once a perimeter has been set up, this is not unusual. I would think it would have more to do with manpower and how it would be best to utilize the resources available.

In the Zahra Baker case, cell phone pings were utilized to determine where the stepmom was, and if the father's pinged in the same location.

This was with respect to finding her remains as they knew she was not alive.

There are other cases, geared more to the perp that come to mind.

Not completely O/T but I don't know what to make of this. Someone thinks that the cases ARE connected. When I think it's just an isolated incident.IMO See what you let me know your thoughts.

http://pibillwarner.wordpress.com/2...ssica-heeringa-kelli-bordeaux-and-holly-bobo/

Interesting, but you can manipulate almost anything to fit a theory if you want.. If he wants to be taken seriously he would have to look at all murders/disappearances of all girls fitting that description nationwide, as well as all of those in that area regardless of description.

Who knows, there could be a pattern - someone migrating for summer work, returning northwards after a southern winter, anything.. but unless he widens his view...

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/84a99db1ee4f455c8c8c7cf7449024b0/MI--Gas-Station-Abduction

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
May 06, 2013 - 6:26 am EDT

Short article at link.

The Exxon Mobil gas station at 1196 E. Sternberg Road in Norton Shores, Mich. is pictured on Monday, April 29, 2013. Employee Jessica Heeringa, 25, went missing while working a late a shift late at the station on Friday night, April 26 and has yet to be located. (AP Photo/The Muskegon Chronicle, Ken Stevens)

inline_572257274048.jpg

Random thought before I go to work: I hope LE checked the restroom(s) in that gas station for hidden cameras. I'm sure they did.......

Hoping for a break in bringing Jessica home.

YES!
Kristi Cornwell was found by her brother using a suspects cell phone pings.

In the Zahra Baker case, cell phone pings were utilized to determine where the stepmom was, and if the father's pinged in the same location.

Thanks for the examples!!!

Interesting, but you can manipulate almost anything to fit a theory if you want.. If he wants to be taken seriously he would have to look at all murders/disappearances of all girls fitting that description nationwide, as well as all of those in that area regardless of description.

Who knows, there could be a pattern - someone migrating for summer work, returning northwards after a southern winter, anything.. but unless he widens his view...

I can understand both sides to this- I feel it is very odd that all these petite young pretty blondes have gone missing all in April.

I think the time frame between abductions does not fit, unless you remove Heather or Kelli from the time frame, I couldn't see an abduction on a Monday then another on a Saturday of the same week, by the same person. I can understand thinking that the violence and abductions could escalade over time but escalate then drop off to another fairly consistent pattern?

What about looks? I know previous posts have referenced looks but besides body type and blonde they stop there. All the girls faces seem significantly different, plus they range from age 17 to 25. Does this matter? Does anyone think body type and hair color is significant enough to classify they all together?
I know others have referred to the Holly Bobo case which I have read up on a little, however has anyone followed all these cases? Are their any other significant similarities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname