Verdict is in

Status
Not open for further replies.
And obviously the jury believed the shooter and that's all that really counts.

Or they possibly didn't believe him but the state did't prove it.

That's what The OJ jury said.

This jury may or may not have believed GZ, but followed the law feeling there was not enough proof.

Or, they may have believed GZ was innocent

We will never know cos it looks like they are not talking....

No one wins. No one. Not one soul is happy that this boy is dead. Nobody wants to 'Have to Have guns'... The NRA (of which I am a member), is NOT 'celebrating' this 'victory'...believe me, they wish it could be otherwise...and this boys' family is devastated. The shooter is devastated. There is no winner here, but trust me, because this country is the way it is, we have to defend ourselves...any way we can. I live in Linda, California. I'm afraid to go out at night, but I own a 12 ga shotgun that I'm not afraid to use it.

Maybe people are sending him funds to help pay for attorney fees he never should have incurred because they feel he never should have been charged in the first place.

I have been and will continue. Finally, the first round of justice for George :)

Exactly.

It'd be one thing if the law were applied equally, but see?

In other Florida News... SICKENING!!!

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57433184/fla-mom-gets-20-years-for-firing-warning-shots/

(CBS News) JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A Florida woman who fired warning shots against her allegedly abusive husband has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.

Marissa Alexander of Jacksonville had said the state's "Stand Your Ground" law should apply to her because she was defending herself against her allegedly abusive husband when she fired warning shots inside her home in August 2010. She told police it was to escape a brutal beating by her husband, against whom she had already taken out a protective order.

I am in FLorida. We've already had one bomb threat and they have cut the power to the building and evacuated several blocks. Seriously how does this help either side?

Glad we weren't going anywhere tonight.

Not interested in hearing McCollum and Glass, Hornsby spew. The show is totally one-sided, IMO.

Sorry Trayvon. You deserved better. :*(

I wanted a different verdict too, but Tricia is ALWAYS fair... Perhaps another night she will have Trayvon supporters on!! I meant this sincerely for all the GZ supporters.. tonight is about the defense winning. I mean no one really won in this case.. but justice as this country sees it was served. I concede I am not happy but I love our justice system and it IS the best in the world..

The media turns something into a three-ring circus 'cause they have an agenda---to sell ratings! Do they "fuel the flames" and incite? Of course.

If there's nothing for the media to sensationalize, then it's a slow news day and they lose sponsorships.

We all know this here in the USA and it really is sickening.

Thankfully, most of us are smarter than that and we don't buy into the hype.

Peace. :seeya:

Because it would be news- and it would make a lot of GZ's supporters feel even more self righteous in their pre-judgement of young African Americans.

I can honestly say that I would have the same opionion of this case if the races of the individuals involved were reversed. or if they were both of the same race, any race

As an African-American man myself, I'm outraged at this verdict. George may have gotten away with murder & may be free in the eyes of the courts, but he's not free in the eyes of millions of strangers. He'll now have to go into hiding for the rest of his life...or move out of this country & never return here again. It's cases like this that makes me want to move to another country, even.

He'll have it even worse than Casey Anthony, especially when race is being brought into this equation.

Where?? OMG wasn't she just WAY too happy?? :(

The State comes out smelling like a rose...they took Zimmerman to court.
But, it was only to appease the Martin's and the community they could care less about. They didn't win, it doesn't even shock me she acts like she "won".
They were never trying to....IMO.

I HOPE people remember this. :please:

"For Trayvon to rest in peace, we must all be peaceful."

This is what I'm taking with me tonight. Bless them and bring them comfort and peace.

Excuse me? My daughter has every right to walk our neighborhood at any time she is allowed by law and by her parents. Who are YOU to say otherwise?

What an evil, hateful thing to say.

What a way to raise kids, stay inside and distrust everyone. What has happened to this country? God help the paranoid, and keep them from me and mine.

I agree. I think this case was absolutely triggered and aggravated by the media..

I remember someone saying " WE are not supposed to be the news, we are just supposed to report it.. "

I can not remember who to credit it.. But that is sadly no longer the case.

There's a reason I come here for the most accurate and up-to-date info on anything news-related.

I think WS needs a show. Our slogan can be "We are not the media, we are the truth."

The NBC reporter covering the verdict mentioned that TM's parents were lead to a separate room (sometimes used by lawyers) in the courthouse. So, yes they were there, just out of public view. Hope this helps. :seeya:

Makes sense and was a very courteous and empathetic thing to do for TM's parents, imo..

Nancy (Bombshell) Grace, while wiping tears from her eyes, stated that TM's parents were not notified in time to make it to the courtroom in time for the verdict...

Go figure...

As an African-American man myself, I'm outraged at this verdict. George may have gotten away with murder & may be free in the eyes of the courts, but he's not free in the eyes of millions of strangers. He'll now have to go into hiding for the rest of his life...or move out of this country & never return here again. It's cases like this that makes me want to move to another country, even.

He'll have it worse than Casey Anthony, even, especially when race is being brought into this equation.

The trial was carried out according to the American Constitution.

As for riots, this tweet is going viral:

The worry is not that this acquittal will create riots. It is that it will create more George Zimmermans.

I am in FLorida. We've already had one bomb threat and they have cut the power to the building and evacuated several blocks. Seriously how does this help either side?

Glad we weren't going anywhere tonight.

Unbelievable.

Quite honestly, the biggest lesson I learned from this trial is that the media is ruthless and repulsive. They will try to change past, history, and future - all for the benefit of ratings.

It's truly frightening.

YES!!!! After a comment made that George Zimmerman would not be able to live in peace even if acquitted - that his life would be ruined as well - another person brought up the "Remember Bernie Goetz?" The argument was apparently he is living a quite life in NYC still riding the the subway etc.

My response: BERNIE GOETZ DIDN'T LIVE WITH 24/7 CABLE NEWS, HLN, NANCY GRACE ETC. It was 1974 or something.

This media is out of control. Notice all the cases in Florida getting so much attention? Sunshine law - I love getting all the evidence to mull over just like everyone else, but in all honestly I think it's becoming detrimental to the justice system as the public gravitates, as does cable TV, to these real life cases.

It's becoming harder and harder to find proper jurors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann