Found Deceased TN - Riley Strain, 22, missing after leaving bar, Nashville, 8 March 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right… and it’s been said that body of water is full of debris. Trees, rocks, construction debris, and more. A body could be snagged on something. I do hope the Cajun Navy has sonar or divers. I think they’ve already sent divers down but the water looks so muddy it seems like it would be very difficult to find anything.
And it has a fairly strong current and it is thick as pea soup with mud

“That is something that we have been able to find and verify. Riley did have battery power at the time his phone went dark. What we have been told is the phone did not die due to battery capacity,” Chris Dingman said during a Tuesday interview on NewsNation’s “Elizabeth Vargas Reports.”

Additionally, Dingman disclosed that Strain’s removal from the bar was not due to confrontations but rather a conversation with an employee.
“There was no argument … Riley was actually trying to do a good deed,” Dingman said. “They felt like, you know, maybe he had had enough.”
The part about his phone not dying due to battery loss is confirmation for me that Riley & his phone tragically ended up in the river.

I’m not sure I can quite follow the last part about him getting kicked out for trying to do a good deed.. not really sure what that could mean

The part about his phone not dying due to battery loss is confirmation for me that Riley & his phone tragically ended up in the river.

I’m not sure I can quite follow the last part about him getting kicked out for trying to do a good deed.. not really sure what that could mean
Sounds like family is implying he tried to stop harassment of a patron, or attempted to break up a scuffle.

IMO: With Riley’s phone and Apple watch dying at the same time, his being found alive is slim.

The high-scale bar/restaurant may not be liable for removing Riley from the bar, it would have been a responsible gesture to hire a ride-share to get him safely to his hotel. It would also have been great for the restaurant’s image.
I have to admit that I’m not having warm fuzzy feelings about the bar.
I have no doubt there were better ways to handle that, considering they apparently knew his state of inebriation.
One could say, they sent him to his …… . But I’ll stop at that. Almost anything would be better than sending him out there alone like they did.
I can see some potential liability issues resulting from cases like this one. JMO

Apple's Find My network can be used to track a lost or stolen iPhone, even if it's been turned off or offline. For this to work, Find My Network will need to be enabled on the iPhone before it's lost. The feature is only available on the iPhone 11 and later models

I wonder if he had that feature enabled. If he did that would likely rule out the phone being stolen.

Additionally, Dingman disclosed that Strain’s removal from the bar was not due to confrontations but rather a conversation with an employee.
“There was no argument … Riley was actually trying to do a good deed,” Dingman said. “They felt like, you know, maybe he had had enough.”

Just a reminder that this is coming from a family friend, not the bar itself.

Figured its worth mentioning since theres been some differences in narratives about what went down that night, depending on the source
I feel that this is an important point to keep in mind. Apparently CD is a loyal friend, and we would all like to have a friend like him at such an awful time.
However, although he knows Riley very well and we don’t know Riley at all, it’s possible that there were a few minutes there when Riley was not behaving as his usual self.
I mean, something occurred which made two bars refuse to serve him at a certain point.
If, as CD claims, Riley was trying to do a good deed, what could that have been that resulted in him getting kicked out after a conversation with an employee?

All I can think of is IF let’s say the employee was hitting on a girl who asked him to leave her alone, and the employee refused, Riley then tried to intervene on the girl’s behalf and that pissed off the employee.

But I am completely inventing this in my head, as it does not make sense to me that Riley would be thrown out due to a “good deed” conversation with an employee. Particularly when the next bar he tried would not even allow him entrance.

NOT BLAMING RILEY but trying to put together a jigsaw that to me is not fitting together with CD’s explanation.

From what we can discern from Riley's family and friends, it does seem like he was a good kid and this night at the bar was atypical behavior for him.

JMO

ETA: @JerseyWasHome2 @SMK777
I hadn’t seen your posts yet when I was typing the above, but I agree with both of you…maybe the employee was trying to harass another patron, otherwise I cannot conceive of how he allegedly was doing a good deed but the bar felt he had had enough…doesn’t make sense…enough of a good deed cannot be it, of course.

Last edited:
Sounds like family is implying he tried to stop harassment of a patron, or attempted to break up a scuffle.
I could picture a scenario like that. Girl is being harassed by a guy, he doesn’t confront the guy, so there was no altercation, but instead throws himself on her as he’s drunk, IMO, trying to convince her she needs to be with him and not the other guy, but given his state he’s being obnoxious and annoying to her although his intentions were good. Again, all my own thoughts of a potential scenario to meet that wording.

The broad categories I can think of in seemingly good deeds that might tip someone off that he was too intoxicated -- trying to give an employee something really excessive, like opening his wallet and pulling out too much uncounted cash, dropping bills, etc? Trying to help in a confrontation between an employee and another patron? Trying to do something helpful physically such as cleaning up a mess of some kind, like a spilled pitcher, or moving tables together, and being too uncoordinated?

I feel that this is an important point to keep in mind. Apparently CD is a loyal friend, and we would all like to have a friend like him at such an awful time.
However, although he knows Riley very well and we don’t know Riley at all, it’s possible that there were a few minutes there when Riley was not behaving as his usual self.
I mean, something occurred which made two bars refuse to serve him at a certain point.
If, as CD claims, Riley was trying to do a good deed, what could that have been that resulted in him getting kicked out after a conversation with an employee?

All I can think of is IF let’s say the employee was hitting on a girl who asked him to leave her alone, and the employee refused, Riley then tried to intervene on the girl’s behalf and that pissed off the employee.

But I am completely inventing this in my head, as it does not make sense to me that Riley would be thrown out due to a “good deed” conversation with an employee. Particularly when the next bar he tried would not even allow him entrance.

NOT BLAMING RILEY but trying to put together a jigsaw that to me is not fitting together with CD’s explanation.

From what we can discern from Riley's family and friends, it does seem like he was a good kid and this night at the bar was atypical behavior for him.

JMO
I think that if it were something where a bar employee was clearly at fault or doing something untoward, the family would've hinted at that. I imagine it more like maybe he had a friend who'd been waiting a long time to get a drink and RS got loud with the bartender in an effort to help his friend out.

I have to admit that I’m not having warm fuzzy feelings about the bar.
I have no doubt there were better ways to handle that, considering they apparently knew his state of inebriation.
One could say, they sent him to his …… . But I’ll stop at that. Almost anything would be better than sending him out there alone like they did.
I can see some potential liability issues resulting from cases like this one. JMO
They didn’t send him out alone though, a friend walked him to the door. Then he stayed…

Was there enough time between the policeman seeing him and the life 360 not active, for him to make it to the water?

It seems as if he was intending to go to his hotel ‘tempo by Hilton’ but may have been heading towards a building called ‘your tempo’, possibly confusing the two.
Oh, wow, that makes a lot of sense. Just a quick Google shows Your Tempo in the direction he was walking. He may have just typed Tempo into the search bar on his iPhone for walking directions and unfortunately started walking towards the wrong address.

They didn’t send him out alone though, a friend walked him to the door. Then he stayed…
You’re saying the bar personnel sent a friend with him? I haven’t heard that at all. I gathered that the friend walked with him voluntarily, then went back inside.

I was referencing the responsibility on the part of the bar. Similar to, don’t let anyone drive drunk. This same legal issue also has come up when someone is drunk at a residence.
The fact is, they kicked him out of the bar and he was all alone, afoot trying to find his way to his hotel. He had no clue. And we see what happened.

I could picture a scenario like that. Girl is being harassed by a guy, he doesn’t confront the guy, so there was no altercation, but instead throws himself on her as he’s drunk, IMO, trying to convince her she needs to be with him and not the other guy, but given his state he’s being obnoxious and annoying to her although his intentions were good. Again, all my own thoughts of a potential scenario to meet that wording.
It makes sense, definitely.

The drone footage was really helpful. It also showed the direction that the river flows.
I followed the river on a map and it ends up going into a lake called “Old Hickory Lake”.
I realize that isn't the end destination of the river but there are a lot of inlets. I wonder if they have searched that lake?
Assuming RS did go into the river, I believe the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has computer programs that would be able to recommend search locations given the river conditions of time period. They may not have models for every river, maybe just those that have some national security value. Also, they may not be allowed to get involved in these kind of issues without special authorization. (My apologies if this has already been discussed.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiphasGrace