Theories On What Happened to Caylee Part #4

Which Listed Below Did Caylee Die From?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA. I think way too much is being made out of the chloroform. At the most I think maybe someone tried to use it to clean the trunk. Chloroform is a powerful cleaning agent, but I'm not even sure about that. I think it's a possibility if they levels detected are correct.

I still am having a hard time with premeditation. I don't believe KC's intent was to kill Caylee. I do think she caused her death, but it wasn't planned or her intention. I think it happened at the A's home. At the moment, I like the scenario of her leaving a sleeping Caylee in the car and "forgetting" about her. In the very beginning, when I first heard about this case, I thought KC either left Caylee in a car in the heat or Caylee drowned in the pool.
Those who think that KC made chloroform should:

1. Look at KC. Too stupid. Too lazy. It requires some effort, other chemicals. Jars and containers. Extreme care with FLAMMABLE gases and toxic fumes. Clean up afterwards. Storage and I believe this product deteriorates within days, so you have to do it often. Else it requires major and focused planning just before it is required. That simply is not something KC could do in a million years.

2. Look at a recipe. The most common main ingredient and source of the chlorine to make up chloroform is household bleach. Don't you think the most obvious way that bleach would get into the trunk of KC's car is via Cindy and her cleaning efforts? With the trunk first soaked in bleach and the stain and smell still there, I am sure any number of solvent cleaners were tried and I almost guarantee that amongst the many chlorine compounds formed, Chloroform was one of them. It is no surprise that some Chloroform showed up in chemical analysis of the trunk.

I sort of agree with JWG that at that stage CA was trying to do the right thing to advance the investigation which was "missing child" at that stage. I do have some doubts though, about whether they did not even consider the smell etc as indicating a death?

I think there's a good chance CA just didn't put two and two together with the smell, even though she said to 911 and to co-workers that it smelled like a dead body. We're not dealing with a rocket scientist here. Remember.. she was in denial or didn't know that her own daughter was pregnant, when everyone else around her did.. co-workers, her brother, etc. And by all accounts, she seemed to believe KC's story about the trip to the convention with Zani and the others. Or maybe she's just a really good actress.

CA must have an automatic trigger mechanism to file things in the "nope, no way" category when they strike her as fishy.

ITA. I think way too much is being made out of the chloroform. At the most I think maybe someone tried to use it to clean the trunk. Chloroform is a powerful cleaning agent, but I'm not even sure about that. I think it's a possibility if they levels detected are correct.

I still am having a hard time with premeditation. I don't believe KC's intent was to kill Caylee. I do think she caused her death, but it wasn't planned or her intention. I think it happened at the A's home. At the moment, I like the scenario of her leaving a sleeping Caylee in the car and "forgetting" about her. In the very beginning, when I first heard about this case, I thought KC either left Caylee in a car in the heat or Caylee drowned in the pool.

Well, let's look at what the evidence tells us. Someone searched for chloroform on the computer, and it was found in the trunk. I've never heard a difinitive answer on whether it was an unusually high level of chloroform or not.. NG says it is, but the doc dump regarding the chloroform in the trunk didn't seem to indicate that.

I think KC searched chloroform, got her hands on some, used it on Caylee and it killed her.

1. Look at KC. Too stupid. Too lazy. It requires some effort, other chemicals. Jars and containers. Extreme care with FLAMMABLE gases and toxic fumes. Clean up afterwards. Storage and I believe this product deteriorates within days, so you have to do it often. Else it requires major and focused planning just before it is required. That simply is not something KC could do in a million years.

2. Look at a recipe. The most common main ingredient and source of the chlorine to make up chloroform is household bleach. Don't you think the most obvious way that bleach would get into the trunk of KC's car is via Cindy and her cleaning efforts? With the trunk first soaked in bleach and the stain and smell still there, I am sure any number of solvent cleaners were tried and I almost guarantee that amongst the many chlorine compounds formed, Chloroform was one of them. It is no surprise that some Chloroform showed up in chemical analysis of the trunk.

You may be right, but LE was looking for it (and the chemicals to make it, etc.) in the Anthony home according to the search warrants... Why would they put that in there, specifically, if it wasn't an issue or part of this case? Clearly, they think something is up with it and they know a lot more about the case than us. We have: Chloro searchs on the computer, Chloro found in trunk, and search warrants where the police were looking for it (plus the chemicals to make it) in the Anthony home.

I agree that it doesn't seem to fit KC's profile, but something is up...

There was a case here in Rochester where a woman who was running a day care center was giving the kids Benadryl every afternoon to keep them sleeping. She was charged and I believe convicted of the crime.

Hey SD, That case is the exact same reason I stopped giving my kids Benadryl when they had really bad colds. Dimatap has the same effect. I don't give them anything now unless our doctor says exactly what to give them, as well as the dosage. Also, I have a very sarcastic sense of humor. Whenever my 6 year old would give me a hard time at the football field (ie talking back, not listening, or whatever), I would jokingly say "Awww, are you feeling a little sick babycakes? Do you need some Benadryl?". Mind you it was only a joke and not meant to be taken serious, and people always got a chuckle out of it - but after hearing of this case & following it so closely, now I realize how inappropriate it is to say things like that. I can find another way to be humorous. This case has affected so many people. Hopefully all of us can learn something from it to turn into something positive.:heart:

There was a case here in Rochester where a woman who was running a day care center was giving the kids Benadryl every afternoon to keep them sleeping. She was charged and I believe convicted of the crime.

Hey SD, That case is the exact same reason I stopped giving my kids Benadryl when they had really bad colds. Dimatap has the same effect. I don't give them anything now unless our doctor says exactly what to give them, as well as the dosage. Also, I have a very sarcastic sense of humor. Whenever my 6 year old would give me a hard time at the football field (ie talking back, not listening, or whatever), I would jokingly say "Awww, are you feeling a little sick babycakes? Do you need some Benadryl?". Mind you it was only a joke and not meant to be taken serious, and people always got a chuckle out of it - but after hearing of this case & following it so closely, now I realize how inappropriate it is to say things like that. I can find another way to be humorous. This case has affected so many people. Hopefully all of us can learn something from it to turn into something positive.:heart:

If you're in Jersey how did you hear about that case?

I remember something like that. I believe Montell did a show about kids and Benadryl also.

I completely and totally agree!

I don't think KC was capable of finding chloroform, buying chloroform, mixing chloroform.

I'm guessing the process of actually making it would require glass containers, well ventilated areas, goggles!! Dangerous!

I think the chloroform in the trunk was a chemical reaction of mixed cleaning supplies that KC...and then probably her parents....applied to the liner of the trunk trying to make the smell go away.

She never counted on that smell being so awful. She tried really hard to clean it (backing car into garage). The smell is what got the police involved (it smells like a dead body has been in the car!).

My friend had a gallon of milk spill in the back of her car in the heat of the summer. They cleaned it themselves over and over.....even had it professionally cleaned several times with lots of different chemicals and procedures. The rotten smell always came back. (she had to finally pay to have the lining ripped out and replaced!)

Out Out Damn Spot!

I get the chloro searches on the computer make you go hmmm.... but it could be part of her fantasizing about killing her parents or even Caylee.....or trying to figure out where to get it after seeing RM picture. It never showed she spent more than a minute on the chloro pages and seemed to just quickly fly through the searches.

The one funny piece to the chloro puzzle that makes me wonder...for just a brief moment .... if KC really did have some in her possession was the weird sleepwalking Amy story and her missing money. Sounded like Amy had been drugged to me (remember, Amy woke up with different pants on!).

Have we ever seen any computer printing results of the A's laptop or computer??? I'm sure computers keep a log of all documents printed, right?

I think if evidence showed KC printed off the recipe to make chloroform, I would put more weight on the chloroform theory!

Two thoughts....

RE: Chloroform in the trunk

It was generally discussed in the early stages of the case upon the release of forensics supporting an elevated level of chloroform that stain removers, etc. utilize chloroform. More recently another poster suggested, yet I haven't seen much else of it...BOTH the elevated level of chloroform in the trunk AND at least one of the cadaver dog alerts in the backyard would possibly be explained by Cindy using her Bissel steam cleaner and some spot remover on the trunk. That poster suggested Cindy dumped the resulting water in the backyard, hence, the cadaver dog alert. I am liking this proposal more & more over time. I'd add to it that IIRC, the portion of the trunk that was stained was the removable mat over the spare tire, hence, the whole mat may have been taken to the backyard and cleaned there. As JWG has offered in the computer forensic search, chloroform searches on the PC in March may have been completely unrelated...just maybe...

This opens things up more for the use of other medications resulting in the o.d. of Caylee. Sadly, owing to the slow-acting nature of the OTC's Casey might've been accustomed to using...Casey may have applied the more-is-better principle since she would've been trying to be covert about Caylee being in the car. Furthermore, if Caylee was just drowsey...and not 'knocked out' by the Rx...the duct tape with the heart sticker may have come into play to enable Casey to get back to the apartment before her protracted absence became suspicious. As another poster suggested...the heart sticker made light of the situation and helped Casey forgive whatever guilt she might've felt, even if ever-so-briefly, for her actions. If Casey had been smokin'/drinkin' that afternoon and in a hurry to get back to the apartment...obviously exercising ueber-grossly poor judgement and negligent behavior...the tape getting caught in the hair would just be a detail she'd handle later...I mean...it is 10-min-@-time-Casey, right?!? :mad:

FWIW, IF...big IF...as she commented to Amy in texts, Casey had a bruised rib in May whilst she had the flu/cold. Casey commented to Amy 5/21 about having anti-inflammatory Rx to treat the flu & bruised rib, "Works for me! I'm not feeling worse. Found out I have a bruised rib. At least I have nice pills for my flu and I’ll be popping anti-inflammatories like there’s no tomorrow.". So...who knows what Rx Casey had in her purse. If she'd used OTC's to speed/extend Caylee's naps...maybe she just upped the ante w/ her own Rx on a spur of the moment decision when her 'flurry' of calls finally failed...7:20PM.​

RE: Casey-think factoring into a few things...(e.g. the duct tape in hair, "spiteful b*tch", revenge/victim motivating her hasty/poor decisions)

Recommend watching the last released August Casey w/ G&C jailhouse video again...and the ramp up between Casey & Cindy. Cindy forces an issue => Casey's defense/distract/deflect mechanism kicks in...and Casey immediately becomes the victim..her actions are justified in her own way of thinking because, after all, she's the victim and no one understands...:furious:

Now...replay that sequence of behavior considering the last call Casey made to Cindy 6/16 7:06 PM that lasted 1 min 24 seconds. Cindy forced the issue of Casey becoming responsible for her daughter that night => Casey's actions become justified in her own mind. Last ditch attempt to Amy 13mins later...perhaps after the last dose of Rx has already been given...just gonna drop a drowsy/sleeping Caylee of with her, right? No luck...and the furious Casey you saw in that jailhouse video pulls out the duct tape. The state of mind you saw in that video is the state of mind she was in when that duct tape was applied...she was effectively in a rage. :furious: The heart sticker, in effect, to relieve her own guilt...IOW...directing the thought @ Caylee...this is Cindy's fault...not mine...I [Casey] love you [Caylee].​
Casey writes, "Diary of Days" directing the first half-to Cindy.

"On the worst of worst days...Remember the words spoken" = 6/16 7:06PM phone call. IOW...when you find out Caylee's gone, I [Casey] want you [Cindy] to remember that I [Casey] called you [Cindy] for help, and you[Cindy] refused to help me => This is your [Cindy's] fault...not mine [Casey's].

"With great power...comes great consequence"= You [Cindy] thought you had the power to control me [Casey] through Caylee. And see what happened! This is your [Cindy's] fault!

"What is given can be taken away" = I [Casey] have the power. I [Casey] gave you [Cindy] Caylee, and I [Casey] had the power to take her away.​

The second verse, Casey directs to herself...

"On the worst of worst days...Remember the words spoken" = Remember...this is her [Cindy's] fault...not yours [Casey's]

"Hold your head high, smile, laugh...tomorrow is a brand new day" = Remember...this is her [Cindy's] fault...not yours [Casey's]. Keep your [Casey's] power over her [Cindy]. Enjoy your [Casey's] life...otherwise, Cindy will have the joy of seeing you suffer from your own actions...can't let that happen at all costs = No admission of guilt...ever.

Since, IMHO, this line of thinking was powerful enough to fuel the murder...its certainly powerful enough to keep Casey from ever admitting to the crime..and giving Cindy the final/last victory.​

I completely and totally agree!

I don't think KC was capable of finding chloroform, buying chloroform, mixing chloroform.

I'm guessing the process of actually making it would require glass containers, well ventilated areas, goggles!! Dangerous!

I think the chloroform in the trunk was a chemical reaction of mixed cleaning supplies that KC...and then probably her parents....applied to the liner of the trunk trying to make the smell go away.

She never counted on that smell being so awful. She tried really hard to clean it (backing car into garage). The smell is what got the police involved (it smells like a dead body has been in the car!).

My friend had a gallon of milk spill in the back of her car in the heat of the summer. They cleaned it themselves over and over.....even had it professionally cleaned several times with lots of different chemicals and procedures. The rotten smell always came back. (she had to finally pay to have the lining ripped out and replaced!)

Out Out Damn Spot!

I get the chloro searches on the computer make you go hmmm.... but it could be part of her fantasizing about killing her parents or even Caylee.....or trying to figure out where to get it after seeing RM picture. It never showed she spent more than a minute on the chloro pages and seemed to just quickly fly through the searches.

The one funny piece to the chloro puzzle that makes me wonder...for just a brief moment .... if KC really did have some in her possession was the weird sleepwalking Amy story and her missing money. Sounded like Amy had been drugged to me (remember, Amy woke up with different pants on!).

BUT.. didn't we just see last week a motion to compel digital evidence from RM's computer? Most likely it was that "win her over with chloroform" picture. IIRC it was Baez trying to get his hands on it this time. I think police believe chloroform played a role in Caylee's death. It would be too much of a coincidence to have a computer search for chloroform (I bet you wouldn't find a similar search on 1,000 other computers), and detecting a level of chloroform in the trunk.

Out Out Damn Spot!

This is what I yell at my dog! LOL

ITA, with everything you said and I agree with Hercule...
However, since reading this last doc dump.. one thing is sticking out in my mind...

I cry for help....:confused:

I picture Cindy "scrubbing" out the trunk and cleaning up a stain. I also picture her taking out the liner and spraying it in the back yard (gotten idea from other posters)

However... if this is true..

The forensics on the car trunk had hair and DIRT in the trunk. If Cindy cleaned out the trunk liner so well... then WHY WOULD THERE STILL BE DIRT in the trunk?

After reading this.. in my mind I see a patch of soil or dirt about 1/8 to 1/4 cup of soil laying in the trunk with some hair...

What do you picture?

Attachments

• trunk.JPG
    trunk.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 91
Two thoughts....

RE: Chloroform in the trunk

It was generally discussed in the early stages of the case upon the release of forensics supporting an elevated level of chloroform that stain removers, etc. utilize chloroform. More recently another poster suggested, yet I haven't seen much else of it...BOTH the elevated level of chloroform in the trunk AND at least one of the cadaver dog alerts in the backyard would possibly be explained by Cindy using her Bissel steam cleaner and some spot remover on the trunk. That poster suggested Cindy dumped the resulting water in the backyard, hence, the cadaver dog alert. I am liking this proposal more & more over time. I'd add to it that IIRC, the portion of the trunk that was stained was the removable mat over the spare tire, hence, the whole mat may have been taken to the backyard and cleaned there. As JWG has offered in the computer forensic search, chloroform searches on the PC in March may have been completely unrelated...just maybe...

This opens things up more for the use of other medications resulting in the o.d. of Caylee. Sadly, owing to the slow-acting nature of the OTC's Casey might've been accustomed to using...Casey may have applied the more-is-better principle since she would've been trying to be covert about Caylee being in the car. Furthermore, if Caylee was just drowsey...and not 'knocked out' by the Rx...the duct tape with the heart sticker may have come into play to enable Casey to get back to the apartment before her protracted absence became suspicious. As another poster suggested...the heart sticker made light of the situation and helped Casey forgive whatever guilt she might've felt, even if ever-so-briefly, for her actions. If Casey had been smokin'/drinkin' that afternoon and in a hurry to get back to the apartment...obviously exercising ueber-grossly poor judgement and negligent behavior...the tape getting caught in the hair would just be a detail she'd handle later...I mean...it is 10-min-@-time-Casey, right?!? :mad:

FWIW, IF...big IF...as she commented to Amy in texts, Casey had a bruised rib in May whilst she had the flu/cold. Casey commented to Amy 5/21 about having anti-inflammatory Rx to treat the flu & bruised rib, "Works for me! I'm not feeling worse. Found out I have a bruised rib. At least I have nice pills for my flu and I’ll be popping anti-inflammatories like there’s no tomorrow.". So...who knows what Rx Casey had in her purse. If she'd used OTC's to speed/extend Caylee's naps...maybe she just upped the ante w/ her own Rx on a spur of the moment decision when her 'flurry' of calls finally failed...7:20PM.​

RE: Casey-think factoring into a few things...(e.g. the duct tape in hair, "spiteful b*tch", revenge/victim motivating her hasty/poor decisions)

Recommend watching the last released August Casey w/ G&C jailhouse video again...and the ramp up between Casey & Cindy. Cindy forces an issue => Casey's defense/distract/deflect mechanism kicks in...and Casey immediately becomes the victim..her actions are justified in her own way of thinking because, after all, she's the victim and no one understands...:furious:

Now...replay that sequence of behavior considering the last call Casey made to Cindy 6/16 7:06 PM that lasted 1 min 24 seconds. Cindy forced the issue of Casey becoming responsible for her daughter that night => Casey's actions become justified in her own mind. Last ditch attempt to Amy 13mins later...perhaps after the last dose of Rx has already been given...just gonna drop a drowsy/sleeping Caylee of with her, right? No luck...and the furious Casey you saw in that jailhouse video pulls out the duct tape. The state of mind you saw in that video is the state of mind she was in when that duct tape was applied...she was effectively in a rage. :furious: The heart sticker, in effect, to relieve her own guilt...IOW...directing the thought @ Caylee...this is Cindy's fault...not mine...I [Casey] love you [Caylee].​
Casey writes, "Diary of Days" directing the first half-to Cindy.

"On the worst of worst days...Remember the words spoken" = 6/16 7:06PM phone call. IOW...when you find out Caylee's gone, I [Casey] want you [Cindy] to remember that I [Casey] called you [Cindy] for help, and you[Cindy] refused to help me => This is Cindy's fault...not Casey's.

"With great power...comes great consequence"= You [Cindy] thought you had the power to control me [Casey] through Caylee. And see what happened! This is your [Cindy's] fault!

"What is given can be taken away" = I [Casey] have the power. I [Casey] gave you [Cindy] Caylee, and I [Casey] had the power to take her away.​

The second verse, Casey directs to herself...

"On the worst of worst days...Remember the words spoken" = Remember...this is her [Cindy's] fault...not yours [Casey's]

"Hold your head high, smile, laugh...tomorrow is a brand new day" = Remember...this is her [Cindy's] fault...not yours [Casey's]. Keep your [Casey's] power over her [Cindy]. Enjoy your [Casey's] life...otherwise, Cindy will have the joy of seeing you suffer from your own actions...can't let that happen at all costs = No admission of guilt...ever.

Since, IMHO, this line of thinking was powerful enough to fuel the murder...its certainly powerful enough to keep Casey from ever admitting to the crime..and giving Cindy the final/last victory.​

I forgot about KC's cold and her bruised rib and her Rx for the cold. (of course, when I read it the first time, I was under the impression that she was just avoiding Amy.....)

Love your analysis on the Diary of Days!!! Bravo. Remember the chilling, "You don't know what MY part is in this???"

Out Out Damn Spot!

However, since reading this last doc dump.. one thing is sticking out in my mind...

I picture Cindy "scrubbing" out the trunk and cleaning up a stain. I also picture her taking out the liner and spraying it in the back yard (gotten idea from other posters)

The forensics on the car trunk had hair and DIRT in the trunk. If Cindy cleaned out the trunk liner so well... then WHY WOULD THERE STILL BE DIRT in the trunk?

After reading this.. in my mind I see a patch of soil or dirt about 1/8 to 1/4 cup of soil laying in the trunk with some hair...

What do you picture?

Yup... I don't think CA or GA cleaned out the trunk. I could see KC doing it, when she backed into the garage several times in a row. Conceivably, the dirt could have gotten in there after a scrub-out.

Out Out Damn Spot!

What do you picture?

Well, it says the samples are from the "trunk"....maybe the soil was found down in the spare tire well? It wouldn't necessarily come from the liner. Natsound's idea that it came after KC cleaned it makes sense, too.

When I saw LE carrying out the Bissell Steam Spot Cleaner (I have one!) during the search warrant after Caylee was found, my FIRST thought was that whoever used it to clean the liner, did it in the backyard or dumped the dirty water in the yard. I'm sure there will be evidence of decomp in the brush or inside the machine if it was used!

Well, it says the samples are from the "trunk"....maybe the soil was found down in the spare tire well? It wouldn't necessarily come from the liner. Natsound's idea that it came after KC cleaned it makes sense, too.

When I saw LE carrying out the Bissell Steam Spot Cleaner (I have one!) during the search warrant after Caylee was found, my FIRST thought was that whoever used it to clean the liner, did it in the backyard or dumped the dirty water in the yard. I'm sure there will be evidence of decomp in the brush or inside the machine if it was used!

True it could have came from the tire well.
It is just I can "see" either Cindy scrubbing the car or then I can just see removing the items and letting the car air out.

The leaves removed from the car too is quite interesting. Hope they match to the leaves on Surburban drive.

BJB I really like your interpretation of the Diary of Days. KC doesn't strike me as someone who is introspective or who waxes poetic often. It makes perfect sense to me that she was placing blame elsewhere for the death of Caylee.

Very good job:clap:

If the chloro thing is a dead end (i.e., a meaningless series of unrelated and useless details), then why is LE still so hot about searching for chloro evidence? They went to the Anthony's, after the body was found, and they were searching for chloro and the items to make it! It is specified in the warrant! They certainly seem to believe there is more to the chloro then we do. Why?

If you're in Jersey how did you hear about that case?

I heard about it on the news. I usually watched Fox News, so it was probably on that station. Now I watch CNN. I know I didn't see it on Montell b/c I haven't had the time to watch Montell in years. Also, I had no idea it was in Rochester, only heard about it happening in general. I don't even remember if it was a big scoop or just something mentioned during the time that they were talking about baby cold meds being de-shelved. Needless to say, it made me think about the side effects of those types of otc meds in small children. I won't even let my 14 year old have Vicks Nyquil Nighttime medicine to help him when he's sick. Now I do the good old fashion method of Vicks on the chest, Vicks under the nose to open up the passage, Chicken soup, and hot tea or ginger ale. I've never once given my kids anything to help them sleep when they're not sick and I think it's sick that there's actually people out there that do that. I'm just grateful for hearing about it b/c it made me think. I also think it might have had something to do with the govt / fda taking baby meds off of the shelves. Maybe I'm wrong there, not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get