NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've already researched these. Please remove your posts as posting information on someone who hasn't been charged is putting this board at risk at being closed down.

How is that? Did Tricia make a post, or one of the mods?
He is an adult.
He is in the media, and in connection with this case.
It is not posting address or anything that is not public record...(those are public record, right?)
If all of these criteria are met and and a link provided, unless one of the admin updated the rules, it's fine, to the best of my knowledge.
We sleuthed the crap out of the mother, posted her records all over, days before she was charged, sleuthed McNeil before he was charged...I am lost.

A week for hugs and for mourning
by Tim White

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/22/953789

"Did you hug your kids a lot last week? I hope you did. We got the worst possible reminder about how precious they are, and how they can be taken from us so suddenly and so horribly.

Shaniya Davis won't have a chance to feel cherished like that. Not anymore. Five years was her limit on this Earth.

I don't know if anyone else will be charged, but I do know the terrible tale has left a hole in this city's heart. Police Chief Tom Bergamine said Thursday that he hopes the family can "begin the healing process." That may take a while. I'm not feeling like healing quite yet. I didn't know Shaniya, but I'm still grieving. So are the cops who worked on the investigation and the people who searched the woods for Shaniya, hoping they might find her alive.

It leaves me wondering what we've allowed our community to become. How can it be that some of us don't consider our children our most precious resource?

And I know something else: We, as a society, haven't done enough to protect our children. We don't have enough social workers out on the streets or enough child advocates in community programs that try to keep our at-risk kids safe.

We also don't have a probation and parole system that can effectively protect our children from predators.

Nor can we afford the protection system we'd like to have. And even if we did have it, it still wouldn't be enough, because some predator would find a way around it. There is no perfect safety net.

Aren't we at least willing to watch out for the kids around us? To be a community watch of sorts, on the lookout for people who would hurt our children? Shouldn't we all be more willing to give a collective community hug - a protective hug - to the children in our midst?
I hope we can. For Shaniya's sake. And for the sake of the living children who deserve better than she got.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Aside from the fact that, legally, she had no standing, she stated she'd only packed clothes for 2 days. I think (I could be wrong) it was not the first time Shaniya had a brief visit with AD. It appears she had a clue that Shaniya would be staying beyond that time.

I agree 100% I'd go to jail before I left my child in that kind of environment. I believe CLD is suffering now.

I would like to know just how many times and for what length of time Shaniya visited her mother over the time period that her father was raising her. Did she go once for a day or two or every few weeks for a couple days? Was it totally the father's idea for Shaniya to go live with her mother or did the mother want to take her for good? Shaniya was only five yrs old. Even if she wanted to go live with her mother...it was not her decision to make.

Did the dad decide that Shaniya should live with her mother after him and Ty broke up and she was no longer there to take care of Shaniya? It sounds like Ty was actually raising her. She was probably the one who picked out clothes for Shaniya even though the dad might have paid for them. Ty probably did Shaniya's hair and dressed her like a little doll.

I don't think that Carey had a clue that Shaniya was going to live with her mother for good. I only have to look at Carey and know that she is dying inside. I think her brother led her to believe that she was to pick Shaniya up in two days. Maybe the dad and mom had agreed that the mom would call Carey on Sunday and let her know that she was never going to see Shaniya again so don't bother to come to pick her up. I have a hard time believing the mother would have gotten upset because Shaniya and Carey's kids had fought and Carey had corrected Shaniya. That was just an excuse to give Carey as to why she would never see her again. If the mother didn't think a thing of pimping this little beauty out...a fight between kids wouldn't have even fazed her. It was all b.s. to keep Carey away.

Hi,
Me again, Tricia the owner.

I wanted to add just a few things to please be careful of.

It is so easy to fall back on names like "Crack *advertiser censored*" and names or phrases along this line. You know what I mean. Please, it does nothing to help the discussion. PLEASE do not stoop to this level of posting.

Also, please remember Shaniya's father is also a victim. There is no need to trash this poor man. The hell he will live in for the rest of his life is nothing we can imagine. Express your opinion yes but draw the line at trashing please.

I haven't read this thread (notice the time of this post I am a bit tired) so forgive me if I seem to be rambling. :)

There are no plans to time anyone out because I have faith that a reminder like this is enough.

It is rare that a group of posters can come together with such passion as you all have with this case. I thank you for your participation.

not_my_kids - I didn't post the entire article. Is that still a problem?

Oh, sorry, when I clicked to read it, it looked like the same amount of type and lines. I did read both, I'm just really tired. MY mistake, NOT yours.
Forgive me, I am tired Mom right now. Been at ER with a sick baby...and 2 healthy ones.
Quietly returning to my corner now.

Oh, sorry, when I clicked to read it, it looked like the same amount of type and lines. I did read both, I'm just really tired. MY mistake, NOT yours.
Forgive me, I am tired Mom right now. Been at ER with a sick baby...and 2 healthy ones.
Quietly returning to my corner now.

I hope your baby feels better soon. I know EXACTLY what that's like.

No problem...I just want to make sure I don't cause any problems for the owner of this site. I noticed a post earlier by another member and want to make sure I do my best to not be a part of whatever madness is being endured.

I knew it wouldn't be long before someone contacted the site...it was getting to be a little too much BUT at the same time I still say...something in the milk ain't clean and I'm going to leave it at that.

I started a site to reflect on only the positive aspects of missing children. This case has touched me in ways I never knew a "stranger" could touch me. I guess I love children that much to where I wish I could wrap my arms around them and let them know that I love them if they think no one else does. Sometimes they JUST need to hear it. Like everyone else, I have questions...many that I'm sure will remained unanswered and came here to this site to...let's say...vent.

I do not understand how all of this happened to Shaniya or any of the other angels...all I know is that it needs to end...right here...right now. That's all I know and I'm going to do everything I possibly can to help.

Sorry for the vent...I'll step off my soapbox now. LOL

Nancy Grace Friday, Nov 20th Soundbites - Nancy included clips from Oprah

SCHIAVO: That`s right. Coe said over the past year that he`s become extremely close to Shaniya. He was caring for Shaniya while the mother was working these past six months. And so he`s really torn up about this, and it`s just a shame. - If Coe is being truthful, Shaniya spent a great deal of time living at the house on Wall Street. Was she present for the drug raid in July? Could explain why she called him daddy (if we believe Coe)

LOCKHART on Oprah: Yes, over the past five years, I never was greatly concerned dropping her off. I mean, you know, everybody`s always got a concern. Antoinette never lived in the best neighborhoods, so of course, there was always that concern. But I never was concerned of her caring for her as a mother. This contradicts earlier statements that Shaniya had been in his care for the past four years.

LOCKHART: We`ve talked about social services. I feel if they knew or they were aware of this case, a phone call saying that this was the type of environment -- I don`t know the whole case with Shaniya`s mother and social services at this time. But if they would have known, they should have contacted me. How would they known to contact you? Did you sign the birth certificate, ever call them to inquire on the safety of Shaniya, or inform them of the situation so they could contact you. When Shaniya went missing, a neighbor had to contact you with the news.

BYRON COLEMAN: My father recently gave her -- Antoinette a chance to -- give the mother a second chance to raise her daughter. I mean, because everybody deserves a second chance, just like a convicted felon, I mean, he deserves a second chance because he could have changed. You never know. What happened the first time to give her a 2nd chance? A convicted felon should have a 2nd chance with a child with blind trust? Byron is a wonderful young man but you don't know what you speak.

BROWN (criminal profiler) I`m sorry, I`m going to be the one to say this. The father was negligent allowing Shaniya to go down there. When you`re a parent, you never leave your child anyplace, unless a court forces you, where you do not absolutely know these people are safe to be around. And that`s the people -- the mother has people that are around her that are safe. And the mother apparently was involved in stuff. All the people around her are felons. Her boyfriend`s a felon. McNeill`s a felon. Good God, everybody`s a felon. So she had no -- there was no reason to put her there, to put her life at risk. And obviously, we see what happened. Thank you Pat for speaking the truth.

SCHIAVO: We haven`t been told if Brad`s even gone in the house. A lot of people have been asking that question. But I will say this. The father wasn`t home very much, so I don`t know how much of the home he actually saw. And as far as the aunt is concerned, she would just drop her off in front of the house, and Byron, the brother, would, as well. They`d exchange pleasantries and go on their way. So I don`t know how much of the interior of the home they actually saw. Thank you for speaking the truth.

ZARRELL: Yes, she was pulled out of school in mid-October. Now our understanding is that the aunt would see Shaniya on the weekends. But we don`t know if the aunt was aware of what was going on or allegedly going on in that home, Excuse me; she's going to school but Carey would see Shaniya on the weekend - wrong facts. I think we know the answer about being aware - but let's not throw Aunt Carey under the bus.

LALAMA: And I want to know, did you ever see them interact? Did you see Antoinette act as a mother?
DAVENPORT (mobile park mgr): I never saw the child the whole time she was allegedly in my park. Sounds believable because AD wasn't on the lease so everyone had to stay inside in hiding. Also explains why the dogs didn't pick up a scent around the house.

LOCKHART: I wasn`t aware of any drug problem. Never even crossed my mind. Never saw anything that would stand out to where she had a drug problem. This is getting ridiculous. If this is true, I'd suggest you have been so uninvolved that you haven't seen AD in a couple of years or more. I accept that, but friends and family warning you not to let Shaniya live with AD doesn't count?

LOCKHART: Yes, over the past five years, I never was greatly concerned dropping her off. I mean everybody always has a concern. Antoinette never lived in the best neighborhoods, so of course there was always that concern. But I never was concerned of her caring for her as a mother. We got it.

The bottom line...when you are a parent, the buck stops with you. If we bring a child into this world, we take on the enormous responsibility of protecting them with our lives. The circumstances of a child's birth makes no difference. Life presents horrible tragedies that we cannot control but we can be present and aware.

Here's what I don't get. Byron refers to the person that killed his half sister as Mario, but the person that gave birth to his half sister is "the mother"...

I don't know, highly confused. And thinking that my hink meter is hitting on all the wrong things.

Wow, I know it seems a lot of web page comments lash out big time.

All a person has to do is see a picture of this sweet beautiful little girl and she just grabs their/our hearts. I think that is how she has affected everyone. Then when you know what happened to her and how her parents were the ones that created the whole thing you just want to grab her and take her away with you. I think so many people are full of anger because this shouldn't have happened. Little Shaniya could have went to live with so many other people but the offers were turned down and now she is dead.
In my opinion, there are others that should be charged for certain things yet. It won't happen but it should.

Originally Posted by panthera
It's tomorrow at 3:00pm.

This is an interesting article, mentioning proper etiquette for the funeral, and it not being a time to show outrage at the families...

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...y_shaniya.html
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is part of the article
Shaniya Davis's funeral is also not the place to pass judgment on the young girl's father. I have read several internet forums discussing those who are sympathetic towards the father while others bite back that he was negligent. Regardless of what end of the argument you see, you have to remember that the Shaniya Davis funeral is every parent's nightmare. Bradley Lockhart feels bad enough as it is - don't make it worse by passing judgment on him.

For crying outloud...we heard the same thing before Caylee Anthony's service. I don't think the public needs to hear a lecture about how to act at a service. :furious: People will go to the service for Shaniya and to pay their love and respect...and to say goodbye to a beautiful little girl that left this earth way before it was time for her to leave.

Caylee's service was well attended and no one got out of line unless you consider some of the things said by Caylee's family. The public were perfect and it will be the same at Shaniya's service. We are all old enough to know how to act. This service is all about Shaniya who we all love...not about her father. I just hope he remembers that.

Hi Marlalouise and Welcome to W/S!! That video REALLY bothered me! It was as if BL walked up behind his son and said "OK, stop talking". With his arms around his neck like that it was very intimidating and his poor son's persona immediately changed. Before he was speaking freely, then he just clammed up. How sad....

I've been trying to figure out just why the dad came strolling up behind his son during the interview with Nancy. It was the strangest thing I've seen in a long time. He doesn't say a word...stands there and then proceeds to wrap his arm around the son's neck and pull the son towards himself. He keeps his arm around the son's neck and shoulders while he proceeds to loudly smack him...kiss...on the head a few times. smacks him on the shoulder a couple times without ever changing expressions the whole time. It really was creepy.

Then the father proceeds at some point to sit right beside the son while the son talks to Nancy...still no expression. Nancy mentions that the dad had said he didn't want to talk. If not then why is he out there. No expression on his face and not willing to say a word. What was up with that? I didn't think he seemed to be trying to get a message to the son I just thought the whole thing was strange and creepy. Why did the dad come out there? So that everyone could see how pitifully sad he is? That is what I think I got out of it. Maybe he thought if people could see how pitiful he was they would stop blaming him. I don't know but I do know his behavior bothered me. The son seems to be an awful nice young man. You can sure tell that he loves his little sister. Bless his heart.

someone is not telling the truth on how much the mum was actually involved in Shaniyas life.....in one of the first statements the dad said that the mum hadnt been in her life much and she had just gone there for the last three weeks...........in the above posts it is obvious that mum HAS indeed been in her life.....

why did he lie at the beginning???? I think it is because he knew what mum was like and he knew it was going to make him look irresponsible...

I do of course feel for the dad......no one would wish this on their worst enemy.......and I am sure he is feeling so horrible......

i dont think he means to be neglectful and I think he probably thinks that working his butt off and ensuring the kids had a beautiful home and clothes and toys etc was enough.......I really think he was just busy and not a "hands on" dad.......but a good provider.......he left the actual day to day upbringing to a myriad of women in his life.......including AD

Struck me as extremely odd. She had been enrolled for 6 weeks tops and these are five-year olds. I personally wouldn't allow my child to attend. It feels like a play to the media.

I agree ,I have never seen this with 5 yr olds havent they been traumatized enough !

One other thing....we don't know how long Shaniya was alive between the time she left the hotel alive (which I'm convinced that she was from the pics of MAM and Shaniya on the third floor going down) and when MAM killed her...this may be of great importance.

thanks for listening,
Marlou

According to the warrant, Shaniya was raped and killed the same day she was reported missing and the same day as the hotel footage.

How is that? Did Tricia make a post, or one of the mods?
He is an adult.
He is in the media, and in connection with this case.
It is not posting address or anything that is not public record...(those are public record, right?)
If all of these criteria are met and and a link provided, unless one of the admin updated the rules, it's fine, to the best of my knowledge.
We sleuthed the crap out of the mother, posted her records all over, days before she was charged, sleuthed McNeil before he was charged...I am lost.

The information was not correct.

AMEN sister!!! And (snipped from another post) Does this seem excessive, or it is just me? From BL's excellent house these last years:

You might want to edit for your post for accuracy. Those are incidents that happened on BL's street. Not all of them are from his address.

someone is not telling the truth on how much the mum was actually involved in Shaniyas life.....in one of the first statements the dad said that the mum hadnt been in her life much and she had just gone there for the last three weeks...........in the above posts it is obvious that mum HAS indeed been in her life.....

why did he lie at the beginning???? I think it is because he knew what mum was like and he knew it was going to make him look irresponsible...

I do of course feel for the dad......no one would wish this on their worst enemy.......and I am sure he is feeling so horrible......

i dont think he means to be neglectful and I think he probably thinks that working his butt off and ensuring the kids had a beautiful home and clothes and toys etc was enough.......I really think he was just busy and not a "hands on" dad.......but a good provider.......he left the actual day to day upbringing to a myriad of women in his life.......including AD

I agree with your points except ensuring the kids had a beautiful home. He was giving AD a 2nd chance to be a mother - she was brought to the trailer to stay. That was her home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48