MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Without a Trace by Beth Hawkins, Minnesota Monthly, October 2009: http://www.minnesotamonthly.com/media/Minnesota-Monthly/October-2009/Without-a-Trace/

Prov. 11:14

"John Sanner, Stearns County Sheriff: If hindsight teaches us anything, it’s to not lose focus of that local piece when you’re doing everything else. Very early on in this investigation, we became a national clearing house for information regarding missing and exploited children. We looked at any case that involved a missing child anywhere in the United States and Canada, hoping for a connection. We lost the local piece pretty quickly.

I look at this case as a huge failure both for the entire law-enforcement community and for this agency. We weren’t able to provide answers to the family or the community, and we still have a detective assigned to the case. We truly are the only hope the Wetterlings and the community has to get answers. We have made a commitment to ourselves, every single one of us here, to not let them down."

The Sheriff here admits Daniel Rassier sat back in the shadows for 13/14 years.

Sasquatch321....I have not seen that series so googled it:

Season 1 Episode 3 is 'Mountain Man'
Season 1 Episode 1 is 'Hunting Humans'

could you clarify? I would watch it in order to understand your statement. Thx

The primary mistake made in Jacobs investigation, IMO, was the early assumptions that Jacobs and Jareds cases were related. I think that may have negatively impacted both cases.

Just curious, why do you think that was a mistake to assume the cases were related? I can completely understand why investigators assumed they were, and I still think they might be related.

Personally, I think there is a pedo group operating close to St Joseph with information about all the molestation and kidnapping attempts and Jacob. I think the group has many regular molesters and two or more kidnappers. They all compare info somehow whether by internet, group meetings or by cb radio. This is why it is hard to pinpoint one person. I hope the people associated with this group are nervous with the FBI arrest and suicide of the person with ties to Luvurne, MN. It's time to come clean with what you know- now. It's only a matter of time before the FBI finds the people or person who took Jacob. If anyone with info is reading this blog, spill it now.

Cgorg- i am referring to the episode of Hunting Humans which features the story of serial killer Robert Hansen.

Personally, I think there is a pedo group operating close to St Joseph with information about all the molestation and kidnapping attempts and Jacob. I think the group has many regular molesters and two or more kidnappers. They all compare info somehow whether by internet, group meetings or by cb radio. This is why it is hard to pinpoint one person. I hope the people associated with this group are nervous with the FBI arrest and suicide of the person with ties to Luvurne, MN. It's time to come clean with what you know- now. It's only a matter of time before the FBI finds the people or person who took Jacob. If anyone with info is reading this blog, spill it now.

I'm hopeful that the listing of all the clergy who molested boys has begun a movement to out all of these hidden molesters.

Here are links for anyone who hasn't seen the story about the perp from Luverne, MN..

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...leads-global-search-for-pedophile-5420790.php

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/fbi-investigates-suspected-serial-child-molester-23426108

I am confident that more insights eventually will be available here or elsewhere, but one should not expect to be spoon-fed a plausible explanation. Not every detail will be crystal clear or perfectly cohesive. Some aspects must be obscured deliberately to protect the tender feelings of the faultless and to safe keep the faithful who solitarily sleuth the truth against remnant dangers, real or perceived. Frustrating? Yes. Cryptic, teasing even? Perhaps, but that is why you possess logic, reason, a heart and a brain. Continue to connect the dots. Don’t overthink things.

Of course, perhaps a different, less challenging task would better suit some who lurk here. After all, when you want to trace your roots, you find a good genealogist. When your drain is clogged with roots, you find a good plumber, unless you can manage the job yourself. And if perchance one is simply a knot head befuddled by the bumps on one’s own head, one should find a qualified phrenologist (who might provide a few more lumps, just for good measure!).

But how does one untie a mystery that is 25 years old? What skill, talent, tool or instrument is of any use? Some knots are bound so tight that they cannot be undone. Occasionally, however, with the passage of much time, some strands will relax, and some strings will loosen. Even then, it may require a delicate, persistent, and fearless touch to reach a denouement. Once undone, the truth surfaces.

Remember what former Minnesota FBI agent and US Marshal Allen Garber observed on the 20th anniversary of this case: “It’s the investigator—not the computer—that’s going to find the kid or the kidnapper . . . Sometimes it takes them a long, long time, but eventually somebody talks and that’s the way that crimes are solved.”*

Until then, be patient, walk softly, and carry a big pipe wrench . . .

*Without a Trace by Beth Hawkins, Minnesota Monthly, October 2009: http://www.minnesotamonthly.com/media/Minnesota-Monthly/October-2009/Without-a-Trace/

Mossad, this tragedy appears to be a game of clue to you. Since you know the answers, there are many agencies you can contact.

Surely one will be interested in the numerous perpretators from around the US that you have brought forth

I'm hopeful that the listing of all the clergy who molested boys has begun a movement to out all of these hidden molesters.

Here are links for anyone who hasn't seen the story about the perp from Luverne, MN..

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...leads-global-search-for-pedophile-5420790.php

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/fbi-investigates-suspected-serial-child-molester-23426108

I think there is a link in this case of a person who teaches in a foreign country and was in the Peace Corps.The link is very close I mean for Jacob

I am being mysteroius but we cannot talk about people who have not been listed as a POI. But, it would explain why no further instances in the US.

Mossad, you need to go to LE if you have the answer to the mystery of who did this. A family has suffered for years without an answer.
Are you implying the person is linked to plumbing and takes roots from septic pipes besides having family roots that you have indicated in previous posts?

Who can explain the shrine of newspaper clippings, video, and journal that was found in a box in daniels bedroom?

Surely i dont have anything like that and you probably dont either. Heck even Patty Wetterling doesnt have somethong so odd.

I know daniels response was "well wouldnt it be weird if i just let it go lost in my memory"

Well under the fact that hes never grown up and left the farm how could this ever be lost in his memory or anyones memory for that matter.

Now is it possible the police have just missed on a crucial piece of evidence during their sesrches of the farm?

At this point it seems highly likely.

I see it too (using court click) but for me it doesn't come up as "criminal" but "demographic infraction." I googled that and didn't get a clear answer. Some said it means a minor or traffic ticket, others said it is a weird term NC uses in reporting only to the Court Click types of sites. Will try to call that county (Iredell) tomorrow.

I have the long form of the case copied out, but it doesn't give much more info. When I looked at the NC court cases, they had criminal and traffic combined in one area, and family court in another area, similar to the MN court site. But in MN they usually state what the offense was. On one of the NC court websites they had the term "demographic infraction" and stated that was a term used only on NC court sites for criminal cases. So I'm not sure either.

Just thinking back to the original theory that a vehicle was used. Why would he let 2 out of 3 boys go running for help? Visibly from the site you can see houses in the distance. Wouldn't that be way too risky on a one way road out of the area? after you get down the road its either a right turn into the heart of St. Cloud or a left through the heart of Saint Joseph towards Alexandria. Or was this a man on foot that could only handle one person? Someone with a vehicle would have just taken all 3.

Are you implying the person is linked to plumbing and takes roots from septic pipes besides having family roots that you have indicated in previous posts?

Ummm . . . No. But that is another good example of overthinking things a bit (overthinking the metaphor). The culprit in this case likely was too troubled emotionally and behaviorally to tolerate much formal education or training, e.g., a high school drop-out, and therefore had no particular skill, trade or profession.

Studies have found that the more education one has, the less likely one is to commit violent crimes.* Bear this in mind when considering the various so-called ‘persons of interest’ in this case. By coincidence, some of these individuals might have simply confused, distracted, and obfuscated the original investigation.

*Attached:

The Effect of Education on Crime: Evidence from Prison Inmates, Arrests, and Self-Reports, Lochner, et. al. (October 2003)

School Performance and Crime: Theoretical and Empirical Links, Petrocelli & Petrocelli (2005)

Attachments

• Lochner et. al. October 2009.pdf
    346 KB · Views: 19
  • Petrocelli 2005.pdf
    282.8 KB · Views: 21
Ummm . . . No. But that is another good example of overthinking things a bit (overthinking the metaphor). The culprit in this case likely was too troubled emotionally and behaviorally to tolerate much formal education or training, e.g., a high school drop-out, and therefore had no particular skill, trade or profession.

Would a man with no education, skills, or trade be able to cover up this crime for 20 years? Maybe this guy is extremely educated with lots of money. I would keep a more open mind as to who did this. There is always first time offenders that may not fit any cliché as well.

Maybe the man is well educated and still lives on a farm with his parents? He might actually be a decent person now but he committed a terrible crime when he was young and dumb and has been trying to convince himself for over 24 years now that he didn't do such a horrible thing. Maybe that knot is finally catching up to him and hopefully with a little time it will loosen and the truth will come out like Mossad mentioned.

14 years after the abduction people found out who daniel rassier was, yet the whole time he matched the fbi profile-

1. Speech impediment, daniel has Lisp.
2. Low skilled job, elementary music teacher.
3. Single, lives with parents yet at age 54.

How do we arrest this man?

14 years after the abduction people found out who daniel rassier was, yet the whole time he matched the fbi profile-

1. Speech impediment, daniel has Lisp.
2. Low skilled job, elementary music teacher.
3. Single, lives with parents yet at age 54.

How do we arrest this man?

1. Lisp or no lisp, it doesn't seem to be an issue for him, as he is a teacher which requires public speaking.
2. An elementary school music teacher is not a low skilled job.
3. There are many reasons people still live with their parents as adults and not all of those reasons should raise any flags.

You arrest this man when you have evidence linking him to a crime. None of the above is evidence.

Lets keep the think tank going, this case is active. Anyone here with a random thought or feeling about this case- just post whatever it is, whatever you got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa