PA PA - Ranee Gregor, 15, Robinson Township, 21 Oct 1977

saw him once ,he tried to grab me on a country road in taylerstown pa this is a small town off off 40 ,I have talked to the reporter of STALKING THE STRANGLER IN THE past ,,if you would like more info email me the best Elaine (lannie)

December 8th 1977, Moon Township, Pittsburgh PA
Richard and Donna Hyde
Richard killed by single shotgun blast to abdomen
Donna abducted and beat to death by a blunt instrument, body found along Flaugherty run rd.

I remember this as if it were yesterday. I was in second grade. Mrs. Alexander's class. I was so afraid to sleep at night because there was a bad guy out there. The news had sketch composites of him carrying a shotgun.

The principal of my elementary school left to replace Mr. Hyde at the elementary school he was principal of.

That Surrat was my first experience of the "bogeyman".

Hello.

I am new to this but am looking for more information on the missing girls from 1976-1978, possibly one of the unidentified victims. One of the still missing/unidentifed girls is believed to have had borne a child in august of 1976 that was put up for adoption. If anyone has any information that could help it would be greatly appreciated. The girl would have lived in Washington County/or N.Strabane twp/S.Strabane twp and possibly attended Wash High at least from 1974-1976. She would have been a white female with brown eyes, light to dark brown/black hair, medium build and the child was borne to her and a fellow student of Wash High (black/Indian mixed male about 16, in the band and also played in a local band around town). If anyone knows anything or could provide more names of the missing girls please reply. The missing date would have to be at least after May or June of 1977 or later.
thanks

Hello.

I am new to this but am looking for more information on the missing girls from 1976-1978, possibly one of the unidentified victims. One of the still missing/unidentifed girls is believed to have had borne a child in august of 1976 that was put up for adoption. If anyone has any information that could help it would be greatly appreciated. The girl would have lived in Washington County/or N.Strabane twp/S.Strabane twp and possibly attended Wash High at least from 1974-1976. She would have been a white female with brown eyes, light to dark brown/black hair, medium build and the child was borne to her and a fellow student of Wash High (black/Indian mixed male about 16, in the band and also played in a local band around town). If anyone knows anything or could provide more names of the missing girls please reply. The missing date would have to be at least after May or June of 1977 or later.
thanks

Hi PghOrphan76. I am from Washington Pa and my hubby went to Washington High School during those years, so I have yearbooks to look thru. You can email me and tell me what info you have and I can question hubby and his sis that also went to school there. I remember vividly the murders and how frightened I was at the time. Also, Susan Rush went to Washington High School and Brenda Ritter went to McGuffey High School. Anyone living in N.Strabane/S.Strabane townships went to school with me at Trinity High School, so I have those yearbooks also. I will help you in anyway that I can.

This animal killed all these people and they want to give him air conditioning in a NC prison. Keep him in Florida and fry him!

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07058/765229-85.stm

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Serial killer admits to 2 Findlay deaths in 1977

Mr. Surratt, 65, a Marine Corps veteran and a former Aliquippa truck driver, agreed to speak only with the "America's Most Wanted" representative, Joe Matthews, a former homicide detective. He told Mr. Matthews that the bodies of both Linda Hamilton and Ranee Gregor, never found, were "unrecoverable."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07058/765229-85.stm#ixzz0wnkR1FWX

This year will mark the 35 year anniversary of Renee's disappearance.

i read an article where surratt said her body was unrecoverable. What does that mean, exactly?

Where is Surratt today? Has he made any more statements regarding Ranee?

He was in a Port Charlotte,FL prison, but they keep transferring him to other prisons in the State. Hopefully its one with no air conditioning:).

Arthur Surratt molested and raped a 13 year old male child in 1973 and spent time in prison for it. I have to wonder if Arthur Surratt murdered military service men while over in Vietnam. It was not atypical for psychopaths like Arthur Surratt to murder their fellow servicemen during the Vietnam War.

I also have to wonder how many lone female teens and lone women he murdered before his deep-rooted psychosis and jealousy motivated him to murder married couples. It would be useful if the property of his mother Anna Mae Surratt and wife Offia Surratt was dug up to see if he buried his victims are on their properties. For Arthur Surratt to escape from the police in PA and end up in Florida someone had to help him with money or a car.

Arthur Surratt molested a 13 year old male child in Virginia in 1975 and spent time in prison for it. Knowing the date of his Virginia prison release would help to pinpoint him to a 1975 murder. How many teens and children did Arthur Surratt molest before Surratt's 1973 child molestation conviction? How many children and teens were molested or murdered by Arthur Surratt's after Surratt's Virginia prison release but before Arthur Surratt's 1977-1978 killing spree?

I am wondering why Arthur Surratt went to South Carolina before he returned to PA where he was almost caught. His wife Offia Surratt could have stated when he left for South Carolina and when he returned. Surratt could have murdered more teens and women on the trip down to SC and also on the trip back to PA? If he was "unemployed" there was no reason to go to SC unless he went to see his relatives who could have helped Surratt.

Arthur Surratt's murder victim Nancy Adams was found Sept 1985 in Beaver Run Park not too far from where Arthur Surratt murdered her. Arthur Surratt's wife Offia Surratt should know the most about him. If not for a couple who wrote down Surratt's license plate in Breezewood, PA I have to wonder how many more children and women Arthur Surratt would he have murdered and molested. The police should release more information they have even if it exposes mistakes or the likelihood that Arthur Surratt's family and friends might have known he was killing people but refused to state anything hence the idea that he was a loner and no one knew anything about him. His family and friends knew about him.

I have to wonder if the police ever got a warrant to search the homes and yards of Anna Mae Surratt (Surratt's mother) or Offia Surratt (Surratt's wife.) Surratt could refuse to state where his victim are if they are buried on his family's or friends property.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back