2009.08.05 State Deposition of George Anthony

Could George sound any more desperate with his countless "I didn't do that" statements about the duct tape ? I thought he might be more honest, in this depo, with the prosecutors asking the questions, WRONG !

So, in a nutshell Casey and Lee were perfect growing up (OK, Lee had a period of illness and depression where he lost his "faith", but other than that...). Oh and Casey didn't graduate because of incompetent school personnel...The worst punishment they ever received was a "light" grounding for possibly not doing their homework or some equally minor infraction. Ugh !

For those who can't make it through the whole deposition (and Lord knows I'd understand!) here are the Cliff Notes of George's deposition concerning the gas can and the duct tape. Please keep in mind that this deposition was August 5th - before we all learned of the special "Henkel 200F duct tape" and the fact that it may be what the rope is made of for Casey.

Q. Is this your gas can?

A. Yes, but I didn't put that there! "that = duct tape on gas can"

the rest of the deposition is 42 repeats of above

I didn't put that there! I wouldn't do that! It's sloppy! I would be neat and anal retentive and cut a little circle just the right size of the vent hole, and I DIDN'T PUT THAT THERE!

And it wasn't there when Casey gave me the gas cans after she stole them and I DIDN'T PUT THAT THERE! And I always put duct tape on the vent hole before I transport the cans with gas in them and I didn't mow my grass for 2 months and I bought new cans 2 days after they came up missing.

Q. You bought new cans 2 days after Casey stole the gas can? But didn't you just learn of the gas cans being missing on the 24th and didn't she give them back on the 24th???

I DIDN'T PUT THAT THERE! And now you're confusing me! No, i mean 2 days after you guys took them (EDITOR'S NOTE: WHICH WAS AUGUST 1ST, 2008 4 MONTHS BEFORE ANYONE NEW THE IMPORTANCE OF ANY BRAND OF DUCT TAPE.)

And I DIDN'T PUT THAT THERE! And it wasn't there when the dirty rotten coppers took my gas can, but it was damned sure there when they brought it back!!!!

Q. Well, who put it there?

I don't know but I DIDN'T PUT THAT THERE!

<END>

Yep, he spent more time and energy trying to distance himself from that tape than he did on any other subject. He knew. He knew the tape was a bad association. . .

Well, JWG, if you want a real tickle in the gizzard, go back now and read Tracy Mc's account of when KC first got home. CINDY IMMEDIATELY TOOK HER BACK TO HER BEDROOM TO TAKE A SHOWER...and they were in there for some time. It was shortly after this that the sit-down happened in the living room and she presented, for the first time, her story about Jay Blanchard Park and LP said "Don't throw that cow-patty this way." and got ran out of the house by Princess Malwart herself.

just...wow!

When I was reading the statement GA made about selling his soul to the devil I thought the sentence would end in '....to get Caylee back', but to my shock he actually said....'to get her out of jail'. pg. 308

Another thing I had not realized is that in the depo he talks about actually pouring cement that weekend when they sent LA out to find kc - I knew there was talk about laying pavers, but actual cement pouring???
And what was the mention of the dogs throwing up about? I have only read GA depo, from beginning to end and now off to read CA.

I think George did "sell his soul to the devil". This depo is proof of that.

moo

Thanks to a Food Network rep that assisted me, here is the DD&D schedule for June 16th, 2008.

Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives DV0310H Monday 6/16/2008 1:00 AM
Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives DV0305H Monday 6/16/2008 1:30 AM
Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives DV0209H Monday 6/16/2008 1:00 PM
Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives DV0303H Monday 6/16/2008 1:30 PM
Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives DV0310H Monday 6/16/2008 10:00 PM
Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives DV0305H Monday 6/16/2008 10:30 PM

the 1pm episodes would seem to be consistent with his story, I guess. That's also not to say he didn't have an episode on the DVR or if he needed a good reference for LE and looked back at listings, although that seems unlikely.

That thought crossed my mind - that he may have been viewing a recorded episode. But, perhaps that could be technologically verified?

you know, it really seems like it. and if it werent for cindy's 911 call I would believe that. but I have heard the call myself a thousand times like you all have and that was real panic, that was real, and I am so grateful to cindy that she had that momentary lapse and made that call or caylee would be rotting by the side of the road forever (or even if found, no one would ever know who she was...)

I dont know what happened to cindy since that moment but I think that she could have never believed that day that caylee was really dead. she believed calling 911 would bring caylee home.

I like that cindy better.

Actress, CA's an actress.

Well, JWG, if you want a real tickle in the gizzard, go back now and read Tracy Mc's account of when KC first got home. CINDY IMMEDIATELY TOOK HER BACK TO HER BEDROOM TO TAKE A SHOWER...and they were in there for some time. It was shortly after this that the sit-down happened in the living room and she presented, for the first time, her story about Jay Blanchard Park and LP said "Don't throw that cow-patty this way." and got ran out of the house by Princess Malwart herself.

For what it is worth, since you brought up Tracy's name, let me say that I thought of her while I was reading GA's testimony and I kept thinking about the laughing Tracy did during her interview by LE. I found myself doing a little of that type of laughing while reading GA's testimony - it's like an ARE YOU KIDDING ME TYPE RESPONSE even though I don't think any of it is very funny.

Adding - finally thought of the word that describes this - absurd (rediculously unreasonable, unsound, or incongruous)

I've wondered if the 911 calls are an "excited utterance". Can someone tell me? TIA.

The third call with the "it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car" is a text book example of an excited utterance.

For what it is worth, since you brought up Tracy's name, let me say that I thought of her while I was reading GA's testimony and I kept thinking about the laughing Tracy did during her interview by LE. I found myself doing a little of that type of laughing while reading GA's testimony - it's like an ARE YOU KIDDING ME TYPE RESPONSE even though I don't think any of it is very funny.

Please tell me you aren't going to start writing to him and depositing money into his "account" too, are you? :dance:

j/k btw....

The third call with the "it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car" is a text book example of an excited utterance.

I learned a new term - had never heard "excited utterance" before. Had to Google it for a definition and I agree ... "a statement made under stress is likely to be trustworthy and unlikely to be premeditated falsehoods."

The quiver in her voice on that third call, to me, was total fear and panic.

I just finished reading GA's depo. HELLO! I don't know where to start. To me it seemed just as the sa would start getting to the nitty-gritty, they backed off-never held feet to fire.

I guess I attribute that to my obsession with the case too. I admit, sometimes when I can't sleep at night, I go and listen to the interviews. I probably know them by heart. There were SO MANY things GA 180'd on. I hope the original FBI interviews and the LE interviews will be admitted at trial. Eagles? Tell me they can use those?

Cindy keeps GA's Kahunas in her check book. JMHO. He (GA) states in the 's' letter: that he could have prevented this if he were only allowed to follow up on his findings -only to get told to shut up or get the heck outta dodge. YKWIM?

I've followed this from the start. Tried to keep an open mind, read the discovery, read here. And this may be a bit OT, but I never thought about the freezer in the garage. Some kids have opened them and crawled inside sometimes just to play hide and seek, but they can't get out. I wonder if KC may have kept Caylee in there, maybe hidden at the bottom, until she had the chance to drop her at suburban. OR maybe she wasn't going to say anything and when CA or GA finds her in the freezer KC says OMG there she is! (knowing that kids get into them) I dunno just throwing sketti?

GA also kept saying No - definately not - no! It was like watching Dustin Hoffman in Rainman. And I have an autistic daugter, so....
But then sometimes he would say - truthfully I.....
I guess that is when he is really tellling the truth?

This is really a sad pitiful excuse of a person who had the power to DO THE RIGHT THING. But chose to keep his kahunas in the safety deposit box at bank CA. JMHO sorry, but I'm prolly gonna get in trouble or a T/O or banned for saying that. but I just can't hold it in any longer.

Jabber session over. Off to read to rest of the "family" depo's. Should I get my boots on?

A big THANK YOU to LDB for letting the 'family' in court today know that YOU have CAYLEES back!

Page 273....Line #12-18....Caylee never mentioned the name Zanny.

But she talked about Zannies white dog! LOL...Now how did they figure out WHO's white dog she was talking about if she never said Zanny? Oh! Duh! I get it... Cindy made the whole story up! :dance:
According to George, Caylee only knew words, according to Cindy she spoke not just in sentences, but paragraphs! But no Zanny..hmmm

Adding - finally thought of the word that describes this - absurd (rediculously unreasonable, unsound, or incongruous)

Actually,Woe be gone,I'll admit I found myself chuckling also when George kept saying "I did not put that tape on the gas can. I would not have done it so sloppily." I do believe he didn't put the tape on the can,but he said it 5,000 times! I don't know why I found it funny after awhile,but I did. I was probably getting tired.:innocent:

Actually,Woe be gone,I'll admit I found myself chuckling also when George kept saying "I did not put that tape on the gas can. I would not have done it so sloppily." I do believe he didn't put the tape on the can,but he said it 5,000 times! I don't know why I found it funny after awhile,but I did. I was probably getting tired.:innocent:
I was getting tired too...midway through, I wished that I had counted the times he said "i can't remember"...I knew I didn't have the intestinal fortitude to start from the beginning to take on that task! One read was enough for me! I bet there is more than 500 times!

I was getting tired too...midway through, I wished that I had counted the times he said "i can't remember"...I knew I didn't have the intestinal fortitude to start from the beginning to take on that task! One read was enough for me! I bet there is more than 500 times!

I'm going to guesstimate 301 times.

How did I come about that number? At the end of the depo there is an index of words used in the Depo and a list of where that word can be found page and line.

The word don't = 301 times (plus an additional 36 listed under the 301 times seperately)

The word know = 301 times.

So I am not going back to count because it was too painful for me to reread, but my best guess is that he said "don't know" 301 times. Sounds close enough to me how 'bout you?

I'm going to guesstimate 301 times.

How did I come about that number? At the end of the depo there is an index of words used in the Depo and a list of where that word can be found page and line.

The word don't = 301 times (plus an additional 36 listed under the 301 times seperately)

The word know = 301 times.

So I am not going back to count because it was too painful for me to reread, but my best guess is that he said "don't know" 301 times. Sounds close enough to me how 'bout you?
LOL! Wicked sleuthing Kat! HAHA. OK, I was sorta close..I knew it was alot. So...close to once each page, right?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisstanchak
Back