ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, thanks for the tidbits.

I said something a few days ago,like, do you think he bamboozled her? I had been thinking about that word, and the words bam and booze yesterday. It seems it might actually mean something more than being fooled.

Thanks everyone for the info. about the return date (ran through my mind, but let it go because I didn't think they were staying there that long) and about the insurance policy. How could he take an insurance policy out on her?

He can't legally unless she was there to sign the policy app.I used to be a life insurance agent many years ago.He also has to know a lot of info on her and state what his relationship with her is which is on the form.I can tell you this if that signature doesn't match up that policy is null and void.He would need to know her SS no and last doctor she visited and when and why.She would have to agree to this and sign because she would be the one making him a beneficiary.The only person you can take a policy on legally is your young child

Some of her friends have come forward. They say that she went just to get away, she had lost her job, she was not in a great place with her boyfriend and just needed a get away. they say her and Giordano were friends for about a year, that they had a rocky friendship. Whether that is true, no one really knows.

Okay I could see this happening and I read somewhere that she was texting her boyfriend about what a terrible time she was having.

So she thinks she is just getting away on a free trip with this guy, but HE has OTHER ideas of what he wants. Perhaps this is what made their relationship rocky. Maybe he gave her things and she took them and he expected more and she didn't give it up - Now I am speculating too. It just seems like she would have told a friend "yeah he wants to sleep with me, but I don't think so" or "I am sleeping with him because XYZ"

However, UNLESS they were sleeping in different hotel rooms, SHE had to have known the situation would get sticky. This could be the turn int he situation - she finds out he is not all he seems and he wants sex, she refuses, he gets angry.

This insurance stuff is NOT going to pan out Amex gives my husband and I travel insurance all the time - it is not a huge payout and i think it is just for issues during your trip NOT for death or going missing.

He can't legally unless she was there to sign the policy app.I used to be a life insurance agent many years ago.He also has to know a lot of info on her and state what his relationship with her is which is on the form.I can tell you this if that signature doesn't match up that policy is null and void.He would need to know her SS no and last doctor she visited and when and why.She would have to agree to this and sign because she would be the one making him a beneficiary.The only person you can take a policy on legally is your young child

Is a Travel policy the same thing?
I know nothing about them

Have they confirmed the insurance policy and that it was Robyn's blood? The way I am reading it, it's they are investigating a policy. Do they have the actual policy?

I can't help but recall that they accused Dave and Beth and Max DeVries family of being involved in an insurance scam, and that Dave had a huge insurance policy on Natalee, which was completely false.

But I do have to keep reminding myself that there are new people in charge in Aruba then there was in '05.

If its true this time then it is a huge piece of circumstantial evidence that points towards a motive, why would he list himself as a beneficiary of that large a policy for a friend. If she had taken out the policy, she wouldn't have listed him as the beneficiary. I do recall reading that there was a policy but it was a trip policy with her mother as beneficiary, but that might have come from his lawyer so probably should be taken with a grain of salt as words from a defense attorney.

His story that she had taken sleeping pills and then drank vodka and then went snorkelling?!? Who would take someone they were with snorkelling in that condition?!? And who takes sleeping pills early in the day, knowing they would be going out for the day?!?

JMHO

bolded by me.

Remember this is what he is saying--probably less than truthful. I'm inclined to believe that she ingested a date-rape drug, not sleeping pills--and it may have been placed in her vodka without her knowledge.

I think it is only good while you are traveling.Plane crash etc.She still would have to sign that policy.It is on her life not his and the companies are too aware of scams.Without a body they will not pay.They will do there own investigation. GG is not as smart as he thinks he is and it will take him down.To note these are only accidental and the ones airports offer.So it would have to
be an accidental death.So hence she drowned (says GG) but no body to prove it and now he is arrested.They won't pay he can forget it.No not the same as a life insurance policy which also pays for natural causes of death.

Okay I could see this happening and I read somewhere that she was texting her boyfriend about what a terrible time she was having.

So she thinks she is just getting away on a free trip with this guy, but HE has OTHER ideas of what he wants. Perhaps this is what made their relationship rocky. Maybe he gave her things and she took them and he expected more and she didn't give it up - Now I am speculating too. It just seems like she would have told a friend "yeah he wants to sleep with me, but I don't think so" or "I am sleeping with him because XYZ"

However, UNLESS they were sleeping in different hotel rooms, SHE had to have known the situation would get sticky. This could be the turn int he situation - she finds out he is not all he seems and he wants sex, she refuses, he gets angry.

This insurance stuff is NOT going to pan out Amex gives my husband and I travel insurance all the time - it is not a huge payout and i think it is just for issues during your trip NOT for death or going missing.

My bolding

Agreed, we travel quite a bit and depending on where we're going I sometimes get the travel insurance. It's very cheap, we flew a few months back and it cost somewhere around $14. I usually book online and there is always a spot asking if I want trip insurance. Not the same as a life insurance policy.

So she thinks she is just getting away on a free trip with this guy, but HE has OTHER ideas of what he wants.QUOTE]
-------------------
Exactly. We've been going round and round the bend on what the OTHER ideas of what he wants are. I've personally never thought that he just wanted sex with her, or even kinky sex with her. I've thought all along that he wanted more than that. He has a history where he distributes his homemade *advertiser censored* (photos and perhaps video of sex with his prior girlfriends, this without their knowledge).
He also has a history of being sexually violent.

No travel policy is in an additional cost when you purchase a vacation through amex. You don't need any signatures or ss numbers. The card holder basically has insurance in case something goes wrong during the trip and it does not mean in case you or your travel partner dies or goes missing. When I purchase it, it is for lost items, stolen items, hotel room damage, hotel room guarantee, flight guarantee, rental car damage, lost luggage etc.

So she thinks she is just getting away on a free trip with this guy, but HE has OTHER ideas of what he wants.QUOTE]
-------------------
Exactly. We've been going round and round the bend on what the OTHER ideas of what he wants are. I've personally never thought that he just wanted sex with her, or even kinky sex with her. I've thought all along that he wanted more than that. He has a history where he distributes his homemade *advertiser censored* (photos and perhaps video of sex with his prior girlfriends, this without their knowledge).
He also has a history of being sexually violent.

hmm did he have any camera equipment with him??? I think it would be easy to confirm if he did or not.

bolded by me.

Remember this is what he is saying--probably less than truthful. I'm inclined to believe that she ingested a date-rape drug, not sleeping pills--and it may have been placed in her vodka without her knowledge.

Oh ITA, that was what I meant, his story sounds absurd.

I got news for him a life insurance policy will not pay if there is no body or cause of death.To them she could have just ran away.

I'm not entirely sure about that. If she is determined to be dead in some legal proceeding, that may bind the carrier. But yeah, as someone else said, this boob is not as smart as he thinks he is. Obviously.

hmm did he have any camera equipment with him??? I think it would be easy to confirm if he did or not.

The FBI just seized a digital camera and have not released what is on it. IMO, I think he had more than that with him. He could have chucked that into the sea or passed it on to someone by boat, or mailed it.

We don't know yet.

can anyone link to the place where her last texts were shown? ive combed through the thread and cant seem to find it. thanks!

OK Great, got it

Each of the four major credit card brands -- American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa -- offers some form of what the insurance industry calls "accidental death and dismemberment," or AD&D, coverage on some or all of their consumer credit cards. Benefits vary by brand and card type, and can range in coverage from $100,000 to $1 million

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/insurance/20060419a1.asp

I'm not entirely sure about that. If she is determined to be dead in some legal proceeding, that may bind the carrier. But yeah, as someone else said, this boob is not as smart as he thinks he is. Obviously.

True,but it takes years to do that and is a long procedure.Like I said without a body,he could have sold her (which means she is still alive) or she left on her own.And it is hard to prove accidental death without a body.When you cash in on a life insurance policy,you have to show a death certificate.No death certificate,no money.

bolded by me.

Heck, yes. My sister, who died in a car accident, a few years ago, had told me about her experience of being drugged in just this manner, lured in the evening hours to the rapist's office, "to show her where he worked".

I think the above is still for accidents on carriers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members