ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you travel, you take out insurance. That's not an uncommon thing, to say the least," Stein said. "It all depends on what's in the policy."

An Aruba police source gave a slightly different account to ABC News, saying Giordano had taken out a $1.5 million accidental death policy on Gardner.

The source also said Giordano took out a more expensive one-year policy instead of a more common five-year one, ABC reported, and that Giordano was named as the beneficiary.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44174...t/prosecutors-probe-aruba-suspects-insurance/

Seems ABC News is naming the Aruban Police as their source

Great catch, Dushi.

I was just about to point out the amount quoted in the article. If the reporting is accurate, you don't take out a $1.5 million dollar travel insurance policy. Or do you???

Just a random thought I had.

Would the Aruba police exagerate the policy amount in order to show a possible motive?

Let's see the policy. This is a wild turn of events. I'm skeptical of this news until more verification comes in.

I think the source may have been misinformed or ABC reported incorrectly

Great catch, Dushi.

I was just about to point out the amount quoted in the article. If the reporting is accurate, you don't take out a $1.5 million dollar travel insurance policy. Or do you???

Just a random thought I had.

That is a large amount and I am sure their would be a lot of exclusions.His big problem is they can't find a body to pay that big amount

I do realize that RG is a victim, but I want to bring up some thoughts I had. Posters keep asking what GVG is getting out of taking this girl to Aruba and why would she go with him? Here are my thoughts:

There is some inkling that the "rumor" of GVG being a sugardaddy is probably based on some facts. The first time I saw her pictures, I recognized the breast implants and veneers. Those are not cheap and working as a dental assistant or in a dental office does not pay that much.

He runs an "employment" agency. I think he uses this as a way to meet women for "modelling" jobs and possibly *advertiser censored* films he is selling. He also uses this as a way to date these women and secretly tape them. I think it is his main means of support.

I think he met RG on a dating site and mentioned how beautiful she was. He probably said she should model and he owns an employment agency. Those pictures of her in the shorts and thigh high boots look to be semi-professional. During these photoshoots, he convinced RG he could take care of her financial needs and they became intimate as a result.

I know many young ladies that work at a particular restaurant where I am from. They meet older gentlemen that end up "taking care of them" with breast augmentations, veneers, shopping trips. One guy paid for a girl's apartment and college. Guess what these guys got in return???

I feel terrible this has happened to RG. I just think this may be why she was on this trip. She needed to get away and her sugardaddy was there to lend a hand. All of this is my opinion only.

EDIT: I forgot to add...RG ignored the warnings of family and friends regarding this guy's past criminal history. I think she may have realized that her alimony payments were going to be reduced and GVG had the means to support her lifestyle. I feel really sorry for her if she felt she needed to keep up this relationship.

How hard it could be to get the actual policy that was taken out since he is a named suspect? Maybe since he is a US citizen it had to go through US channels, but then again AMEX is worldwide.
If so, hopefully the FBI was able to obtain it and it will confirm it one way or the other.

Why take a one year travel insurance policy if you're only gone for a week? Makes no sense. Unless, he planned on travelling with her again.......or not. I'm guessing since he purchased the tickets, that's why the policy is under his name?

I do realize that RG is a victim, but I want to bring up some thoughts I had. Posters keep asking what GVG is getting out of taking this girl to Aruba? Here are my thoughts:

There is some inkling that the "rumor" of GVG being a sugardaddy is probably based on some facts. The first time I saw her pictures, I recognized the breast implants and veneers. Those are not cheap and working as a dental assistant or in a dental office does not pay that much.

He runs an "employment" agency. I think he uses this as a way to meet women for "modelling" jobs and possibly *advertiser censored* films he is selling. He also uses this as a way to date these women and secretly tape them. I think it is his main means of support.

I think he met RG on a dating site and mentioned how beautiful she was. He probably said she should model and he owns an employment agency. Those pictures of her in the shorts and thigh high boots look to be semi-professional. During these photoshoots, he convinced RG he could take care of her financial needs and they became intimate as a result.

I know many young ladies that work at a particular restaurant where I am from. They meet older gentlemen that end up "taking care of them" with breast augmentations, veneers, shopping trips. One guy paid for a girl's apartment and college. Guess what these guys got in return???

I feel terrible this has happened to RG. I just think this may be why she was on this trip. She needed to get away and her sugardaddy was there to lend a hand. All of this is my opinion only.

The way I see it is if it was a professional relationship, there would be two rooms and no lies
I feel that she was fully aware of what this trip was about
I do feel it was an intimate relationship

And let me state loud and clear,it makes no difference to me why she was there, what she was looking for, what she expected from him...if he is responsible for her death... he needs to be brought to justice

I think they probably found a wealth of information on his computer and in his home.He might even have a *advertiser censored* network going or sells pictures to one.If they do let him out I am willing to bet the FBI will be waiting to arrest him over here.JMO

If the information posted about his companies assets is correct, i would like to know how he affords the lifestyle

I do realize that RG is a victim, but I want to bring up some thoughts I had. Posters keep asking what GVG is getting out of taking this girl to Aruba? Here are my thoughts:

----------

Thank you for confirming what some of us have been discussing all along, since the case broke.

I think the insurance policy thing is just put out there in the media to give us the impression that LE are looking at all avenues.

However I don't think there is anything at all suspicious about it. If she had fallen on hard times and couldn't afford travel insurance (I doubt it, as it's not expensive but...) if she was that hard up for cash, he could have just arranged it all, flights insurance, the whole deal.

A lot of policy cover accidental death, and a lot pay out quite handsomely... however having a body would most definitely be in the small print. The insurance companies are not that stupid.

He may have been the beneficiary as she is not married and is travelling using his money for the insurance policy, she may have had to sign something prior to the 'holiday' for it to be legal, again I don't think it is that unusual.

The way I see it is if it was a professional relationship, there would be two rooms and no lies
I feel that she was fully aware of what this trip was about
I do feel it was an intimate relationship

And let me state loud and clear,it makes no difference to me why she was there, what she was looking for, what she expected from him...if he is responsible for her death... he needs to be brought to justice

I agree with you a 100%. She deserves justice and he deserves a really nasty jailmate ;)

----------

Thank you for confirming what some of us have been discussing all along along, since the case broke.

Sorry, I hadn't read all posts. I am only on WS occasionally.

Truly sorry if I had reiterated what everyone else may have posted before me.

Would the Aruba police exagerate the policy amount in order to show a possible motive?

I don't see what the point would be to exaggerate it. Maybe the person that ABC spoke to within the Aruban police dept wasn't an official spokesperson, and they either jumped the gun or just gave them incorrect information. It does happen.

JMHO

He said they were snorkeling and she went missing. I think it would be fairly easy to confirm this. Did he have snorkeling equipment - if not they would have had to rent this and both of them would have had to sign and rent the equipment. they would have been seen and he would have caused a commotion retunring to the shore without her equipment or her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA