ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the question I keep asking over and over:

What would make it worthwhile for GG to take women to Aruba on free trips?

Sorry, I hadn't read all posts. I am only on WS occasionally.

Truly sorry if I had reiterated what everyone else may have posted before me.

:tyou: I think you stated your views very well
Mine have been changing constantly as new information comes out
But a few of my opinions remain the same.... so far!

Sorry, I hadn't read all posts. I am only on WS occasionally.

Truly sorry if I had reiterated what everyone else may have posted before me.

No, sincerely thanking you for confirming what we've been contributing thus far.

I very much appreciate your input.

Another thing is GG rented a Rav 4 (with tinted windows) for just the two of them.
Most visitors to the Island rent small cars like Yaris's. GG apparently had some camera equipment and his own (supposedly) snorkel gear. Larger vehicles are usually rented by families or groups I am told.
I don't know if it means anything but I do question the need for a larger vehicle for just the two.

Another thing is GG rented a Rav 4 (with tinted windows) for just the two of them.
Most visitors to the Island rent small cars like Yaris's. GG apparently had some camera equipment and his own (supposedly) snorkel gear. Larger vehicles are usually rented by families or groups I am told.
I don't know if it means anything but I do question the need for a larger vehicle for just the two.

Maybe he was trying to impress
And the only camera equipment i have read about thus far is a digital camera

I don't read anything into his choice of rental car

He said they were snorkeling and she went missing. I think it would be fairly easy to confirm this. Did he have snorkeling equipment - if not they would have had to rent this and both of them would have had to sign and rent the equipment. they would have been seen and he would have caused a commotion retunring to the shore without her equipment or her.

I have read that he had his own gear apparently but I don't have the link handy. The article stated that Robyn didn't have any and I questioned that loose statement ... she didn't own any, or she went in the water without any? I don't know.

What was confirmed?

Not too much has been confirmed as of yet.

I will say this...if you hear a bark, do you need someone to tell you it was a dog that indeed barked?

I think a lot of people on here are really good at reading between the lines. I think people refer to it as "sleuthing". Of course, no one is probably 100%. I can guess a lot are on the right track.

Maybe he was trying to impress
And the only camera equipment i have read about thus far is a digital camera

I don't read anything into his choice of rental car

Could be, since he didn't really have much else to impress with. An ex-lawyer said he was a great conversationalist, so he apparently has the gift of gab and riches ... nothing more imo.
I don't like him but I have nagging doubts about him being a murderer. jmho.

Not too much has been confirmed as of yet.

I will say this...if you hear a bark, do you need someone to tell you it was a dog that indeed barked?

I think a lot of people on here are really good at reading between the lines. I think people refer to it as "sleuthing". Of course, no one is probably 100%. I can guess a lot are on the right track.

Thanks. I do understand sleuthing.

No disrespect intended but I don't see that hearing a dog bark is the same as an internet rumor that Giordano paid for her breast implants and other things, and then gets reposted as being confirmation. I see it as unconfirmed and opinion until real confirmation is shown. Much like we're seeing with the insurance policy.
JMHO

Thanks. I do understand sleuthing.

No disrespect intended but I don't see that hearing a dog bark is the same as an internet rumor that Giordano paid for her breast implants and other things, and then gets reposted as being confirmation. I see it as unconfirmed and opinion until real confirmation is shown.

No disrespect taken at all. That's what I love about WS. We all have opinions and we take what information is out there to form them.

I just dont' think she could afford them and the fact that someone took the time to comment about it, makes my hinky meter go off. He might not have, but I have a suspicion he did things for her. To what extent, we may never know since she may no longer be with us to confirm that.

So other women went on trips with him? What do you think his motive to murder Robyn would have been if this wasn't his first time taking women on trips?

In all honesty, I think jealousy and control were a HUGE factor. She said or did something on the trip that set off a rage in GVG and he killed her as a result. One woman he had dated had to send him picture texts if she went to the grocery store. That alone is a huge red flag in the control department for me. I dated a guy like this for two years. He would inexplicably show up to places if I hadn't checked in with him. He also would completely lose control when he didn't get his way. He was like a 3 year old throwing a fit...except much more violent. He choked me once because I said I was going to leave so I could go think about things. He also liked to surround himself with as many women as possible even though we lived together. He was notorious on FB and Myspace. I think it was all a result because he needed to feel like he was someone (low self esteem).

She lied to her current BF about where she was going. I think she originally told him Florida. I think she may have in fact lied to GVG about her relationship status with her BF. I think GVG caught on to her lies and may have gotten jealous or felt like he didn't have control of the situation. I am just thinking out loud from past experiences with my ex. GVG and my ex are so much alike it is scary.

Could be, since he didn't really have much else to impress with. An ex-lawyer said he was a great conversationalist, so he apparently has the gift of gab and riches ... nothing more imo.
I don't like him but I have nagging doubts about him being a murderer. jmho.

well, your doubts could be right on.

However, when I look at what we do know, I have to question his innocence
He says she took sleeping pills and vodka before snorkelling?
She had no known equipment but went snorkelling?
She was seen at four, he was seen at six but never reported her missing til six twenty three?

Then there is blood on a rock where he parked.. still don't know who it belongs to

And I believe I read that he parked the car behind the bar twice?
Where did he go and why?
I don't recall reading that he left the site where he says they snorkelled

Then her boyfriend says there was activity on her Gmail account, showing up as available , a day after she is missing

Police feel his story has holes in it

So other women went on trips with him? What do you think his motive to murder Robyn would have been if this wasn't his first time taking women on trips?

Maybe she was the one that wouldn't go along with his plan.I think she was still on the fence with the boyfriend.

In all honesty, I think jealousy and control were a HUGE factor. She said or did something on the trip that set off a rage in GVG and he killed her as a result. One woman he had dated had to send him picture texts if she went to the grocery store. That alone is a huge red flag in the control department for me.

She lied to her current BF about where she was going. I think she originally told him Florida. I think she may have in fact lied to GVG about her relationship status with her BF. I think GVG caught on to her lies and may have gotten jealous. I am just thinking out loud.

Maybe she had a change of heart after arriving in Aruba with him
Maybe she felt she had misjudged him and wanted nothing to do with him

Maybe he read her messages to her boyfriend

Well I dont think this ins had anything to do with the trip. Not flight ins or travel ins
seems like a cut and dried accidental death ins.My husband and i travel with our kids all the time and never take out ins...

but for a man that really has nothing to do with her but date her totally blows my mind!
I wonder if he has done this before!

Here's the question I keep asking over and over:

What would make it worthwhile for GG to take women to Aruba on free trips?

Unlimited sex from a beautiful woman he could not convince to have sex with him otherwise. MO

Maybe she didn't liek it and changed her mind half way through.

You know like after she found his toupes.

IMO - she did what a lot of women have done. You see this played out all of the time in the media.

Unfortunately, either she didn't take the time to research this guy and find out what he was all about, or she was heedless to the danger.

IMO - she did what a lot of women have done. You see this played out all of the time in the media.

Unfortunately, either she didn't take the time to research this guy and find out what he was all about, or she was heedless to the danger.

Well put! I struggle with putting my thoughts on here at times. I think you really hit the nail on the head.

Took the words right out of my mouth Dushi.

BTW love your name, so you know some Papiamentu too! tin un dushi día mi amigu!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark