ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took the words right out of my mouth Dushi.

BTW love your name, so you know some Papiamentu too! tin un dushi día mi amigu!

LOL, no I am afraid my skills are extremely limited

So other women went on trips with him? What do you think his motive to murder Robyn would have been if this wasn't his first time taking women on trips?

He flat out told a young (under 18) model and her mother he would pay them large sums of money on their trip to Aruba with him, if they would consent to have sex with him. That's was said on an interview NG had on her show.

Let's see the policy. This is a wild turn of events. I'm skeptical of this news until more verification comes in.

I'm way behind on the thread but didn't he take out a life insurance policy on one of his girlfriends (now an ex)??? I think I read that on one of the media links posted in this long thread. Anyone else remember that?

He flat out told a young (under 18) model and her mother he would pay them large sums of money on their trip to Aruba with him, if they would consent to have sex with him. That's was said on an interview NG had on her show.

They refused his offer. So he went hunting for someone else. That is obvious to me.

IMO - How much info. about this guy's sexually/physically/emotionally/mentally abusive behavior towards the women in his past do people need before they can entertain the possibility that he did the same and probably worse to her? He was escalating.

Another thing is GG rented a Rav 4 (with tinted windows) for just the two of them.
Most visitors to the Island rent small cars like Yaris's. GG apparently had some camera equipment and his own (supposedly) snorkel gear. Larger vehicles are usually rented by families or groups I am told.
I don't know if it means anything but I do question the need for a larger vehicle for just the two.

Well, I've never been to Aruba Marikesh, but I do own a house on the sister island Bonaire. Most of the land is made up of rock hard coral which is very sharp. If you plan to go off road when exploring the island you want a truck, SUV, 4-wheel type of vehicle, not only for the power but also for the bigger tires. There are lots of places on Bonaire that you can't even drive to if you only have a car. Hubs & I always rent a truck for the 2 of us & our dog. Of course we're also scuba divers & the trucks have tank racks built into the beds which is a must for us. I guess what I'm getting at is that I don't find it so unusual that he rented the RAV considering the rough terrain that the ABC Islands are known for.

Originally Posted by Yellow Rose

Is this the interview that has been under scrutiny?
That some doubt whether it is true or not?

They refused his offer. So he went hunting for someone else. That is obvious to me.

IMO - How much info. about this guy's sexually/physically/emotionally/mentally abusive behavior towards the women in his past do people need before they can entertain the possibility that he did the same and probably worse to her? He was escalating.

ITA, they're my thoughts. Something she said or did set him off and he attacked her, resulting in her death. From what others have stated who were involved with him has shown his violent tendencies and that it didn't take much to set him off.

Well, I've never been to Aruba Marikesh, but I do own a house on the sister island Bonaire. Most of the land is made up of rock hard coral which is very sharp. If you plan to go off road when exploring the island you want a truck, SUV, 4-wheel type of vehicle, not only for the power but also for the bigger tires. There are lots of places on Bonaire that you can't even drive to if you only have a car. Hubs & I always rent a truck for the 2 of us & our dog. Of course we're also scuba divers & the trucks have tank racks built into the beds which is a must for us. I guess what I'm getting at is that I don't find it so unusual that he rented the RAV considering the rough terrain that the ABC Islands are known for.

I have never been to Aruba either, but since you are familiar with a sister island, please comment on the ease of disposing of a body. Please forgive me if this has already been discussed upthread. It there is so much rock, and coral, how could you easily dig a grave and where would get the tools? I've heard various stories about whether release in the sea would work well. We know Natalie's body went somewhere, which is still a mystery, and now this poor girl. I don't understand it.

Robyn and Gary had an ongoing relationship

I agree, he lost control, something set him off

I'm sorry if this was discussed, but why on God's green earth would this man take out an insurance policy Robyn?

REPORT: Suspect Took Out $1.5 Million Insurance Policy On Missing Woman In Aruba

I don't take Radar Online as a completely reliable source, but found this very interesting.

Authorities have also found blood behind the restaurant where they were last seen together.

Source: http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...-million-insurance-policy-missing-woman-aruba

LOL, no I am afraid my skills are extremely limited

LOL - only thing close to 'Papiamentu' I know is Papiamento's....cream of mushroom soup....oh my...

and then I think of Madame Jeanette's...creamed spinach...goodygoodness

LaTrattoria's view...

I gotta get back there soon.

I hope they find her soon...Such a beautiful place with really, I think, good hardworking people. RG doesnt deserve this and neither does the island.

I have been following along on the perpheral of this case. I haven't read the entire thread so please excuse if this question has been answered, but its been bugging the hello outta me for a couple of days.

Where did this guy get all this money? He owns a 1.2 mil house. Takes exotic vacations and cruises, etc. etc. Where does the money come from? What does he do? Is he a "golden spoon" baby from some immensely wealthy family or did he "make it on his own"? And, if so, how or what does he do?

TIA

I've been following the case on and off because of Breeann's case so I admit having missed some of the coverage. I do however have a difficult time with women coming out for their 15 minutes on NG or any other show and accusing him on television for doing all these horrific things to them. Hellllo??? Why didn't they report him to the police? I understand there were restraining orders against his ex wife (or maybe 2 wives don't recall) but his family claims they were bitter divorces and the restraining orders were from both parties. Him and her.

I'm still on the fence about what happened to Robyn. If he did murder her, why tell authorities she drowned. If he had a lot of money, he could've just disappeared to another country and never been found.

Now this whole insurance policy (if true) does put a new twist to the case. With that said, if there is no evidence of a crime and a lot of evidence of a possible accidental drowning, he may just get away with it. :twocents:

I can't for the life of me understand why Robyn would go on this trip with this guy. She's 35 years old, not a young naive girl like Natalee Holloway. Her best friend even stated on HLN that Robyn knew about charges against him by other women and that he even became aggressive with Robyn at times. Please don't think that I'm in any way blaming her or saying that its her fault, because I'm not. I just think there were clear signs to stay away from this guy that for some reason she chose to ignore. Such a terribly sad situation.

I have been following along on the perpheral of this case. I haven't read the entire thread so please excuse if this question has been answered, but its been bugging the hello outta me for a couple of days.

Where did this guy get all this money? He owns a 1.2 mil house. Takes exotic vacations and cruises, etc. etc. Where does the money come from? What does he do? Is he a "golden spoon" baby from some immensely wealthy family or did he "make it on his own"? And, if so, how or what does he do?

TIA

Owns a small business
Two empolyed there and showing revenue of eighty eight thousand a year

I will look for the link

Owns a small business
Two empolyed there and showing revenue of eighty eight thousand a year

I will look for the link
Thankx! But $88k a year does not quailfy you for a 1.2 mil real estate purchase. I still think his "money situation" just might play into all this especially hearing that he now MAY HAVE taken a 1.5 mil life ins policy out on RG.

Thankx! But $88k a year does not quailfy you for a 1.2 mil real estate purchase. I still think his "money situation" just might play into all this especially hearing that he now MAY HAVE taken a 1.5 mil life ins policy out on RG.

"Leverage LLC in Gaithersburg, MD is a private company categorized under Unclassified. Our records show it was established in and incorporated in Maryland. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of $88,000 and employs a staff of approximately 2."

Leverage LLC, a privately held firm, is a leading provider of Consulting and Information Technology solutions to Fortune 50 and Fortune 500 companies. Leverage LLC offers staffing solutions including temporary staffing, direct hire staffing, contract hire, contract-to-hire, payroll services, and outsourcing solutions servicing North America, and Internationally.

http://www.leverage-us.com/

I can't for the life of me understand why Robyn would go on this trip with this guy. She's 35 years old, not a young naive girl like Natalee Holloway. Her best friend even stated on HLN that Robyn knew about charges against him by other women and that he even became aggressive with Robyn at times. Please don't think that I'm in any way blaming her or saying that its her fault, because I'm not. I just think there were clear signs to stay away from this guy that for some reason she chose to ignore. Such a terribly sad situation.

I don't remember reading that the friend said Robyn knew about the charges against him by other women.

I think she just made a quick,rash decision.She had lost her job and had a fight with her boyfriend.Some people think getting away is the answer to clear the mind.Here is a good article I found about her."Missing Md. woman had mild side but wild tattoos"http://www.salon.com/wires/us/2011/08/11/D9P1O0102_us_aruba_missing_american/index.html

"Leverage LLC in Gaithersburg, MD is a private company categorized under Unclassified. Our records show it was established in and incorporated in Maryland. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of $88,000 and employs a staff of approximately 2."

Leverage LLC, a privately held firm, is a leading provider of Consulting and Information Technology solutions to Fortune 50 and Fortune 500 companies. Leverage LLC offers staffing solutions including temporary staffing, direct hire staffing, contract hire, contract-to-hire, payroll services, and outsourcing solutions servicing North America, and Internationally.

http://www.leverage-us.com/
Again, thankx! This doesn't make any sense. A "leading provider" in any field should have more than $88k per year in revenue.

With this new info - I'm wondering how many women he has "scammed" before - taking them on vacation, taking out life insurance on them and then "poof" they disappear. But then why with this one would he even admit to her going missing? Why wouldn't he just leave?

Me thinks (and my instincts) on this one is saying he might be more of a predator than we all think. Wonder if FBI has had him on their radar for a while?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member