GUILTY Austria - Woman Held Captive, Had 7 Children by Father

Honestly, I wish they would stop pandering to him. He seems like a total attention *advertiser censored*. Any little whim gets his name in the news. Unless they're going to fry him for the death of the baby, as long as I know he's rotting in jail and will never be free, I couldn't care less about his choice of religion or peaceful meditations. Whatever. I think the world would be better off just forgetting about him.

I hope his wife spits in his face

In fact no, I hope she doesnt contact him EVER again .....Just sends the divorce papers via the attorney
Blah what A PIG

just wanted to update this thread!
Fritzl will be going on trial March 16th...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2159600.ece

snipped from article:

Franz Cutka, deputy head of Sankt Poelten criminal court, said evil Fritzl will face charges of murder, rape, slavery, incest, imprisonment and abuse in the four day trial.

If convicted, Fritzl is likely to spend the rest of his life in prison and will die behind bars.

She bore seven children by him – one of whom he is accused of killing by failing to get medical help when the boy was born with breathing difficulties.

An eighth child was miscarried.

Thirty police officers and prison warders will be on duty to keep order in what is regarded as the most shocking crime in modern Austrian history.

So far 250 media representatives have requested permission to attend the trial.

thought I'd post the website with more stories, as I haven't kept up up this since last July...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/search/searchAction.do

hope that works for everyone!

editted to add: put in Fritzl in the search category and you should come up with all the news stories on this case.

Thank you all for keeping us up to date.

That CNN article has some interesting things in it - looks like he will spend life in prison regardless but I thought this was interesting, from a list of the charges and their penalties:

"Withdrawal of liberty: Three of the children Fritzl had with Elisabeth were illegally held captive in a dungeon with no daylight or fresh air, according to prosecutors. That charge carries a sentence of one to 10 years."

One to ten years for illegally holding three children captive in a dungeon seems like a pretty light punishment, don't you think? :behindbar

Fritzl's trial started today.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090316/ap_on_re_eu/eu_austria_fritzl_trial

Burkheiser said Fritzl didn't talk to his daughter during her first few years in captivity and that he simply came down to the cellar to rape her.
"Josef Fritzl used his daughter like his property," Burkheiser said.
She alleged that Fritzl once punished the young woman by shutting off electricity to the dungeon, and forced her to spend the first part of her captivity in a tiny space that didn't even have a shower.

THIS SOB ISN'T pleading guilty, his trial is expected to last until Friday! He only plead out this:

"Josef Fritzl hid his face behind a blue file folder as a judge began the proceedings under heavy security in St. Poelten, 65 kilometers (40 miles) west of Vienna. Fritzl pleaded guilty to incest and false imprisonment, but only partially guilty to charges of coercion and rape. He pleaded not guilty to murder and enslavement..."

I HOPE THIS IS TRUE. I should be very very scared! :furious:

"Before the trial got under way, Mayer told The Associated Press his client was nervous. "He told me, 'I'm scared, Mr. Mayer,"' the lawyer said."
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,509320,00.html

I don't think the man really realizes he's headed to hell upon his death! And I don't care, I just want him tortured for eternity for the truly evil acts he did to his own daughter, grandchildren,....
And I'm confident Austria WILL CONVICT this freak on every last charge, even if it was stealing a piece of gum, they'd throw it in.

Thats kind of a petty thing to get upset over....considering the grandmother is all they have known as their mother, they are victims in this terrible story as well.
Im thinking there is more to this story then we are getting.( the booting out story)
I read a link on In Session that stated Elisabeth was upset with the grandmother because she allowed Fritzl to come back home after he served his time in prison on a previous rape charge. Had she not done that, none of this would have happened.

Awwwww, his trial is stressing him out.
Thanks for the link.
"The jury will not hear from Fritzl's wife Rosemarie, 69, who has refused to give evidence. "

Wow. That wouldn't happen here. Don't they have subpoenas? No wonder Elisabeth threw her out. With that kind of attitude, Rosemarie should scrounge for food.

As for Fritzl, they should put him in that basement, and make him endure what he put the victims through.

I'm sorry....I still don't' believe that the mother knew nothing. She never heard anything? Never smelled food coming from the basement? I don't care if this is unpopular, but B.S. (in all caps and fully spelled out! =P)

I'm sorry....I still don't' believe that the mother knew nothing. She never heard anything? Never smelled food coming from the basement? I don't care if this is unpopular, but B.S. (in all caps and fully spelled out! =P)
I doubt that she could smell food cooking coming from the basement, they had many tenants. A neighbor did say he saw her helping Fritzl carry food to the basement.

Also, Fritzl had imprisoned his mother in a room with a boarded-up window. As I recall, that was going on while he was married to Rosemarie. I can see why she doesn't want to testify. I think she knew.

I would really love to hear how elisabeth and all the children are doing....If she ever does a book....it will be #1 on the book lists!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trivialdrift
Back