GUILTY Austria - Woman Held Captive, Had 7 Children by Father

Just saw a special on this case tonight on MSNBC. They said although the kids are free now, it's like they are still in a prison, because paparazzi are constantly trying to get their photos, so they are forced to stay inside. I wonder how Elizabeth is doing now?

i heard she isnt doing well.

whats worse then being kidnapped raped, forced to bear his children and watch him murder one of them?

knowing it was your father that did it and your mother allowed it to happen :(. i think elizabeth feels all alone.

Josef Fritzl says he dreams of being reunited with his 'loyal wife'

November 2, 2010 - 12:29PM

Josef Fritzl, the Austrian who locked his daughter in a basement for 24 years, raping her thousands of times and fathering seven children with her, says he still loves her but dreams of being reunited with his "loyal wife" Rosemary.

Fritzl was reluctant to speak about Elisabeth, the daughter he held captive, but revealed to German newspaper Bild he had written eight letters to Elisabeth's mother.

"I never got an answer," he told Bild, London's Daily Mail reported.

t is the first time Fritzl, 75, has spoken publicly. He is 18 months into a life sentence.

He reportedly told the newspaper, during a 70 minute interview, he did not want to talk about Elisabeth after being asked if he regretted what he did to her.

When pushed on the matter, he spoke of love, the Daily Mail reported.

"Love. We reporters were left speechless," the Bild journalist wrote.

more here

http://www.smh.com.au/world/josef-f...nited-with-his-loyal-wife-20101102-17apw.html

His former wife didn't answer? I'm shocked. The nerve of the woman.

Letters?!? WHAT?? How is he able to get letters to her at all?

This guy is so full of himself, he still thinks his wife (who divorced him and says she no longer loves him)...loves him. He writes these letters to his victim thinking she'll not only answer him, but give him money. He thinks the reason none of the children have visited him is because they get "intercepted" by the institution. Wow. Just...wow.

And speaking of institutions, don't even get me started! This place is WAY too cushy for this bottom-dweller! :furious:

Ugh, no, even as old as he is. He took too much from his own children/grandchildren. They should never have to look over their shoulders worrying about him again. It's surprising that he doesn't enjoy being on the receiving end of prison :rolleyes:

At the very least he needs to be locked up for the 24 years he stole from Elisabeth and her kids. Apparently he has shown little remorse for what he did. Hope Austria refuses to release this revolting man.

An Austrian man who held his daughter captive in a cellar for 24 years and fathered seven children after raping her, has written a book from prison, saying he hopes one day to be reconciled with his family.

Josef Fritzl, 88 – who was sentenced to life imprisonment in 2009 for murder, enslavement, rape and incest – co-authored the book with his lawyer, Astrid Wagner.

In his book, titled The Abysses of Josef F, the prisoner said he could not understand why his wife, Rosemarie, had broken off all contact with him.

In an interview this week with the Sun, Fritzl said he hoped to see his family again. “I definitely believe that I am going to see them again one day,” he said. “I do understand people who want me to die in jail. But I want to experience freedom one day..”

MOO I believe this monster is up for possible parole in 2023. With 2023 winding down I'm wondering if parole was officially denied? MOO

I thought I'd check the Austrian news on this case for anybody who can understand German and/or can't access the NYP article above:

Summary in English:
Assessment of Fritzl's cognitive and physical decline deems it possible to move him from imprisonment for very dangerous offenders with psychiatric problems to 'normal' imprisonment. His lawyer, Astrid Wagner, argues that the appropriate place for him is now a residential care home.

His lawyer also speaks of Fritzl's constitutional right to be treated with human dignity. First point in the constitution of Germany is: "Die Menschenwürde ist unantastbar"; in English: "Human dignity shall be inviolable" Translation source: Basic Law for the Federal Republic of Germany I'm not aware that this is the first point in the constitution of Austria, but I imagine for any German speaker "Menschenwürde" is a key word, key idea. MOO. But I also assume there are a number of people in German-speaking countries where the idea of thinking about the human dignity of a person like Fritzl rather sticks in their craw. JMO. I count myself among them.

The case is going before the courts and a decision is expected "in the coming weeks".

A report from June 2022: Josef Fritzl bleibt im Maßnahmen-Vollzug

According to this article, his name was changed to Josef M. in 2017. Maybe I'll give a translated summary of the rest of the article tomorrow, even though it's older.

MOO
Edited to add paragraph break and lawyer name

Last edited:
88-year-old Fritzl was jailed for life in 2009 and is currently being held at the high-security unit for mentally ill criminals at the Krems-Stein prison but is eligible for parole later this year.

Ahead of the parole decision, noted psychiatrist Heidi Kastner has prepared a 28-page report assessing the risk he poses and her conclusions have led to Fritzl’s lawyer claiming her client is now “harmless” and should come out from behind bars.

A life sentence depends on your health? A nursing home to take care of him?

Fritzl, according to the AP, then accompanied Elisabeth to the hospital, where he subsequently told police that he had fathered seven children with her, telling his lawyer at the time, "I'm only being portrayed as a monster and not as someone who committed monstrous acts."
Josef Fritzl, sex offender who locked up his daughter for 24 years, could be eligible for parole

semantics. I hope he dies never seeing freedom. Monstrous people commit monstrous acts. Keep the monster where he is.

Krems, Austria — An Austrian man who had kept his daughter captive for 24 years and raped her thousands of times, fathering seven children with her, can be moved from psychiatric detention to a regular prison, a court ruled on Thursday. The decision stipulates that Josef Fritzl, 88, will have to attend regular psychotherapy and undergo psychiatric evaluations during a 10-year probation period at the prison, Austria Press Agency reported.
Josef Fritzl, Austrian who held daughter captive for 24 years, can be moved to regular prison, court rules

I'm OK with regular prison but I wouldn't be too enthused with him being moved to an old people's home. The Guardian article suggests that that is likely though.

Of course I'm not a professional, have no professional expertise, but just the way in other cases on here, some people suggest throwing away the key, this is a case where I'd plead for "lock up till the end of his days". MOO

"Inside the new life of Josef Fritzl's daughter:

Elisabeth Fritzl

lives with bodyguard husband

in isolated riverside home

just half an hour from dungeon where monster fathered seven children with her."

1707074939088.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics