Identified! CA - Out-of-town family finds unidentified body in freezer of home they were staying at - Dec 23, 2023 - Mary Margaret Haxby-Jones

Thank You for posting so many details about Mary. Can you post the link to the article please?

Being local, I keep wondering if I might have crossed paths with Mary over the years. Wasn't using Kaiser as my health provider back then. I did belong to a bird group that many rescued exotic birds, and I might've met her at our meetings.

Mary was active and did a lot with her life. She didn't get a military burial, or even a decent funeral. Who was mourning her passing? How did her death go so unnoticed? I think it stands to reason, it's probable someone placed her in that freezer. Just want to know WHY.

Feel I owe you all the conclusion to this other case where an elderly person lets somebody live at their place and it turns bad. She's been arrested.
How many degrees of separation are we talking here?
Stay tuned, eh?

Wow, what an amazing woman.
Wonder if she did 30 years in the military and 20 at the hospital. That's a nice retirement, VA pension, hospital pension and SS.
RSBM
1999 minus about 20 years in K-P minus 30 years in the military gives a date of 1950, when Mary would have been 7-8 years old according to the source in the post CA - Out-of-town family finds unidentified body in freezer of home they were staying at - Dec 23, 2023. About 20 years in the military sounds more reasonable, as she would've been 18, i.e. straight out of high school.

It's strange that the out of town family wouldn't know about Mary if they had been together as long ago as the time they were given the house.

I'd like to know exactly who the current resident/s are. and whether one is the same man that was given the house along with Mary.
Maybe they did know of her but were under the impression that she had moved into assisted living or passed away. It seems like she was identified quickly.

If the current resident of the house isn't able to answer questions about the body, or doesn't want to, where does that leave LE ?
I'm thinking maybe the current resident isn't capable of answering questions.
Would the coroner know about how long she'd been frozen?
The 9 years that's being referred to is confusing.
We don't even know if RH is alive and whose been paying the land taxes and keeping the lights on all these years.
It's mind-boggling that if reports are to be believed that no one looked for her or was concerned.
Gezz, I'm starting to think maybe it was a family conspiracy to do away with Mary, keep her money coming in and get a house to boot.

As far as we know the house is said to still be in Mary's name.
The lastest reporting is there were family issues.

As my post reveals, I am actually all over the map and confused. lol

Older articles now. It may take some time for the investigation, but I hope we eventually find out how Mary Margaret Haxby-Jones ended up in that freezer.

View attachment 472968

One woman, who wanted to remain anonymous, told ABC 10News she knew the woman, but couldn’t remember the last time she was here. She described Mary as a homebody.

“I used to say 'Good morning Mary, hello Mary, goodbye Mary.' That’s it,” said the neighbor.

Another neighbor told ABC 10news the discovery was "crazy" but that he never felt unsafe.

Several neighbors wondered why and how the body ended up in a freezer....

LE did say that the out of town relatives are not related to Mary.

"What is Haxby-Jones's connection to any house residents now?

"Investigators have not explained the visiting relatives' familial relation to the resident or residents currently living in the home. At this time, all that is known about them is that they were visiting from "out of town," according to police.

SDPD Lt. Jud Campbell told NBC 7 on Thursday: "Her relationship to that house and its current residents is part of the ongoing investigation. I’m limited in how much I can disclose right now, as we are soliciting information from the public."

If the current resident of the house isn't able to answer questions about the body, or doesn't want to, where does that leave LE ?
I'm thinking maybe the current resident isn't capable of answering questions.
Like someone with dementia?
If Mary was married to RH and divorced from him and the relatives are related to RH they wouldn't be related to Mary anymore.

If a DA is dealing with a death and knows from the get-go that the prime suspect is mentally incompetent how the hell can he get an indictment?
I would assume that he can't.
This very well could be what's holding up info being released to the public.
Along with the investigation of who knew what about Mary and the prime suspect throughout those 9ish years.

LE did say that the out of town relatives are not related to Mary.
From what you posted below I'm not sure LE or even the press ever made a definite statement to that effect, so I hesitate to spread inaccuracies or assumptions. You may be misunderstanding the statements. (It's probable though that the out of towners were related only to the person living in the house at the current time. I find investigations are often kept close to the vest here until the info is released by LE.)
"What is Haxby-Jones's connection to any house residents now?

"Investigators have not explained the visiting relatives' familial relation to the resident or residents currently living in the home. At this time, all that is known about them is that they were visiting from "out of town," according to police.

SDPD Lt. Jud Campbell told NBC 7 on Thursday: "Her relationship to that house and its current residents is part of the ongoing investigation. I’m limited in how much I can disclose right now, as we are soliciting information from the public."

Why does it say 4918 though?
View attachment 472397
View attachment 472386
ETA- The pic below has one of the newer green trash cans for organic waste. Those cans were issued just last year. It could've been left there by the city. It says June 2023, so that is how the house looked this year. Can't mail carriers refuse to deliver mail?
RSBM
Oops, sorry I missed this part of your post, Curious, I simply skipped over it because the lower part of it caught my eye first. My apologies.
I can't find any reference to a 4918 in searches, nor is it painted on the curb. IMO it's a figment of Google's imagination, they have a mind of their own to refer to the garage as 4918 for whatever reason. :shrug
When I look up 4918 on the USPS site, it should show a ZIP+4 for it. But it doesn't.
4918usps.gif
But when I search for 4914, it does return a ZIP+4 (92120-2725).
4914usps.gif
Yes, the USPS can refuse to deliver mail. (I can also speak from personal experience, let's leave it at that lol)

From what you posted below I'm not sure they ever made a definite statement to that effect, so I hesitate to spread inaccuracies or assumptions. You may be misunderstanding the statements. (It's probable though that the out of towners were related only to the person living in the house at the current time.)

"Those visitors are related to a current resident of the home, not to Haxby-Jones, according to Campbell."

"Those visitors are related to a current resident of the home, not to Haxby-Jones, according to Campbell." I

Perhaps the current resident is technically a "squatter"? That has happened before - some "friend" who is living with the missing/deceased person continues to live there, driving their car, etc.

Something similar happened in this case. The homeowner was abused by the "friends", died and his body disposed in his own home. The "friend" continued to live there, drove his car and spent his money.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurumsal
Back