CA - Sam Haskell, 35, arrested after woman's torso found in a trash bin in Encino LA, Tarzana, wife & two adult family members missing, 8 Nov 2023

Police said they arrested 35-year-old Sam Haskell on suspicion of murder after officers found him at a mall in Topanga on Wednesday.

While the body is so dismembered police say it cannot be formally identified, police said that three people who lived with the suspect at a house in the nearby Tarzana neighborhood are missing.

They are his wife Mei Haskell; her 72-year-old father Gaoshan Li, and her 64-year-old mother YanXiang Wang, NBC Los Angeles reported.
They can’t ID via DNA?

Friday, Dec. 8th:
*Arraignment Hearing (@ 8:30am PT) - CA – Mei Li Haskell (37) found dismembered in a parking lot dumpster near Ventura Blvd & Rubio Ave, Nov. 8, 2023, Encino; missing Mei’s parents Yanxiang Wang (64) & Gaoshan Li (72) - *Samuel Bond Haskell IV aka Samuel Basshinger (stage name) (35) arrested & charged (11/13/23) with 3 counts of murder. Held with no bond. Held at the Valley Jail in Van Nuys.
Judge Kimberley Baker Guillemet presiding. L.A. County Deputy DA Beth Silverman & Defense attorney Robert Schwartz.
Case & Court info from 11/8/23 reference post #102 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...mily-members-missing-8-nov-2023.695475/page-6

11/10/23 Update: First appearance hearing on 11/13/23 @ 8:30am. 11/13/23 Update: LA DA George Gascón today announced the filing of three murder charges against Haskell in the deaths of his wife, Mei Haskell, 37 & her parents, Gaoshan Li, 72, & Yanxiang Wang, 64, in Tarzana. A judge denied him bail but granted his attorney’s request to postpone his arraignment. He was not asked to enter a plea to three counts of murder, each enhanced with special allegations of multiple murders. Haskell’s arraignment was continued to 12/8/23 in Division 30 at the Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center. If convicted as charged, Haskell will face a maximum sentence of life without the possibility of parole. The case is being prosecuted by LADA’s Major Crimes Division * is being investigated by the LA Police Dept’s Robbery-Homicide Division. Investigators are also looking for two missing vehicles, including a white Volkswagen Tiguan & a white 2014 Nissan Pathfinder. Authorities did not share any details about who the vehicles belong to & how they may be connected in the case.

Friday, Dec. 8th:
*Arraignment Hearing (@ 8:30am PT) - CA – Mei Li Haskell (37) found dismembered in a parking lot dumpster near Ventura Blvd & Rubio Ave, Nov. 8, 2023, Encino; missing Mei’s parents Yanxiang Wang (64) & Gaoshan Li (72) - *Samuel Bond Haskell IV aka Samuel Basshinger (stage name) (35) arrested & charged (11/13/23) with 3 counts of murder. Held with no bond. Held at the Valley Jail in Van Nuys.
Judge Kimberley Baker Guillemet presiding. L.A. County Deputy DA Beth Silverman & Defense attorney Robert Schwartz.
Case & Court info from 11/8/23 reference post #102 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...mily-members-missing-8-nov-2023.695475/page-6

11/10/23 Update: First appearance hearing on 11/13/23 @ 8:30am. 11/13/23 Update: LA DA George Gascón today announced the filing of three murder charges against Haskell in the deaths of his wife, Mei Haskell, 37 & her parents, Gaoshan Li, 72, & Yanxiang Wang, 64, in Tarzana. A judge denied him bail but granted his attorney’s request to postpone his arraignment. He was not asked to enter a plea to three counts of murder, each enhanced with special allegations of multiple murders. Haskell’s arraignment was continued to 12/8/23 in Division 30 at the Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center. If convicted as charged, Haskell will face a maximum sentence of life without the possibility of parole. The case is being prosecuted by LADA’s Major Crimes Division * is being investigated by the LA Police Dept’s Robbery-Homicide Division. Investigators are also looking for two missing vehicles, including a white Volkswagen Tiguan & a white 2014 Nissan Pathfinder. Authorities did not share any details about who the vehicles belong to & how they may be connected in the case.
Hey - I read in an article yesterday that they found the vehicles abandoned somewhere in the valley. I can’t remember where I read it - maybe in the LA times article? Wherever it was written it was just like a throw-away sentence which was upsetting to me bc I hadn’t heard that info before and I would have liked more clarity around the discovery of / recovery of the cars.

Just letting you know because I see at the end of your update it says the cars are still missing :)

Hey - I read in an article yesterday that they found the vehicles abandoned somewhere in the valley. I can’t remember where I read it - maybe in the LA times article? Wherever it was written it was just like a throw-away sentence which was upsetting to me bc I hadn’t heard that info before and I would have liked more clarity around the discovery of / recovery of the cars.

Just letting you know because I see at the end of your update it says the cars are still missing :)

I believe I saw that too but they did not say WHERE they found them & I guess I didn't update that note of mine. Thanks - will add that info - at least it is something.

Maybe someone else will see an article on where those cars were found... :)

I believe I saw that too but they did not say WHERE they found them & I guess I didn't update that note of mine. Thanks - will add that info - at least it is something.

Maybe someone else will see an article on where those cars were found... :)

Two vehicles that had been missing from the Haskells’ Tarzana property — a white Volkswagen Tiguan and a white 2014 Nissan Pathfinder — were found in the San Fernando Valley.

Two vehicles that had been missing from the Haskells’ Tarzana property — a white Volkswagen Tiguan and a white 2014 Nissan Pathfinder — were found in the San Fernando Valley.

BUT!! Where IN the San Fernando Valley. I lived there - was it in Woodland Hills, Northridge, Encino, Topanga - etc, etc,.... LOL!

edited to add - not asking you personally @Red Clover - the reporter should have stated the city. San Fernando Valley is BIG! :D

BUT!! Where IN the San Fernando Valley. I lived there - was it in Woodland Hills, Northridge, Encino, Topanga - etc, etc,.... LOL!

edited to add - not asking you personally @Red Clover - the reporter should have stated the city. San Fernando Valley is BIG! :D
There was no news coverage about finding the cars specifically afaik. It is a big development but guess we'll have to wait for LE/court records to find out how he got rid of the vehicles.

jmo

There was no news coverage about finding the cars specifically afaik. It is a big development but guess we'll have to wait for LE/court records to find out how he got rid of the vehicles.

jmo

I figured as much - we will find out... later... LOL!

I am still having problems finding him in the L.A. court system. The case # that was given does not work. this: 23CJFC00013

Usually for L.A. County it starts with 2 letters - i.e. BA, MA, etc. and then 6 numbers. I tried every which way with it - did not come up with his case. I can only search with the case # - unless someone reading here can - and see what the REAL case # is?? TIA :)

I agree @Niner !! My only guess is that they are withholding that info for reasons related to the investigation // thinking maybe he got help from someone else and they are trying to determine who it is, even if the person who helped him was in the dark about what they were helping him with?? Who knows. I mean, otherwise, I would have thought it would have been breaking new when the cars were found, imo. ‍♀️♀️♀️

I figured as much - we will find out... later... LOL!

I am still having problems finding him in the L.A. court system. The case # that was given does not work. this: 23CJFC00013

Usually for L.A. County it starts with 2 letters - i.e. BA, MA, etc. and then 6 numbers. I tried every which way with it - did not come up with his case. I can only search with the case # - unless someone reading here can - and see what the REAL case # is?? TIA :)
This is what the court calendar has for his case number, 23CJFC00013-01

IMG_0089.jpeg

I just tried searching by his name and it came up.

View attachment 466615
On another case, I tried to look up court records and found the whole process frustrating! I'm always grateful for more court-doc savvy WSers for finding and posting info on threads. A continual "thank you" to all of you!

jmo

Tarzana man accused of tossing body parts in dumpster is seen in court

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Tarzana man accused of killing his wife and her parents, who remain missing, appeared in court and was seen publicly for the first time since his arrest.

Over prosecutors' objections, Samuel Bond Haskell's first public court appearance resulted in his arraignment being postponed until Jan. 12.

He stood shirtless, handcuffed and wearing an anti-suicide smock as he stood near his attorney, separated by a glass partition.

Tarzana man accused of tossing body parts in dumpster is seen in court

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Tarzana man accused of killing his wife and her parents, who remain missing, appeared in court and was seen publicly for the first time since his arrest.

Over prosecutors' objections, Samuel Bond Haskell's first public court appearance resulted in his arraignment being postponed until Jan. 12.

He stood shirtless, handcuffed and wearing an anti-suicide smock as he stood near his attorney, separated by a glass partition.
Shirtless???

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elaguileno81