CA - Sam Haskell, 35, arrested after woman's torso found in a trash bin in Encino LA, Tarzana, wife & two adult family members missing, 8 Nov 2023

At an arraignment hearing on Jan. 12, Sam Haskell pleaded not guilty to three murder charges. If convicted, he could face a life sentence without the possibility of parole.

His lawyer declined comment about the case to PEOPLE.
[snip]
Police found a white Tesla registered to Mei abandoned in front of a residence in Encino. Surveillance video allegedly showed the Tesla parking in front of the residence around 6:10 p.m. on Nov. 7 and “a male driver exited and walked southbound,” the affidavit states.

“The male returned approximately ten minutes later driving what appeared to be a silver Nissan Armada and parked to the rear of the Tesla,” states the affidavit. “The male removed numerous items from the Tesla and transferred them into the Nissan Armada. The male then drove the Nissan southbound on Encino Avenue, fleeing the location.”
[snip]
Sam is being held without bail at an L.A. correctional facility. He has a hearing scheduled for Feb. 16.
Blood Stains Possibly Found in Hollywood Murder Victim Mei Haskell's Tesla Part of Case Against Husband (Exclusive)

At an arraignment hearing on Jan. 12, Sam Haskell pleaded not guilty to three murder charges. If convicted, he could face a life sentence without the possibility of parole.

His lawyer declined comment about the case to PEOPLE.
[snip]
Police found a white Tesla registered to Mei abandoned in front of a residence in Encino. Surveillance video allegedly showed the Tesla parking in front of the residence around 6:10 p.m. on Nov. 7 and “a male driver exited and walked southbound,” the affidavit states.

“The male returned approximately ten minutes later driving what appeared to be a silver Nissan Armada and parked to the rear of the Tesla,” states the affidavit. “The male removed numerous items from the Tesla and transferred them into the Nissan Armada. The male then drove the Nissan southbound on Encino Avenue, fleeing the location.”
[snip]
Sam is being held without bail at an L.A. correctional facility. He has a hearing scheduled for Feb. 16.
Blood Stains Possibly Found in Hollywood Murder Victim Mei Haskell's Tesla Part of Case Against Husband (Exclusive)
In the video footage originally posted by TMZ of him dumping the torso in the dumpster, he was driving the Tesla too. Yuck!

I wish the courts could at least put a paper shirt/gown (like the disposable kind you get at a doctor's office) on him during court appearances. I mean, if they have to leave him shirtless otherwise, fine. But is a person in a paper top going to be able to really injure himself with the paper top during that specific, restricted amount of time, while handcuffed & surrounded by people in the courtroom?

If this goes to a jury trial, is he going to sit around half-naked then too? He won't be handcuffed then most likely.

MOO.

Friday, February 16th:
*Scheduling Hearing (@ am PT) - CA – Mei Li Haskell (37) found dismembered in a parking lot dumpster near Ventura Blvd & Rubio Ave, Nov. 8, 2023 (ID’d Dec. 18, 2023] in Encino; missing Mei’s parents Yanxiang Wang (64) & Gaoshan Li (72) - *Samuel Bond Haskell IV aka Samuel Basshinger (stage name) (35) arrested & charged (11/13/23) & arraigned (1/12/24) with 3 counts of murder. Held with no bond. Plead not guilty. Held at the Valley Jail in Van Nuys.
Judge Kimberley Baker Guillemet presiding. L.A. County Deputy DA Beth Silverman & Defense attorney Joseph Weimoritz.
Case & Court info from 11/8/23 to 12/8/23 reference post #290 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ily-members-missing-8-nov-2023.695475/page-15

12/18/23 Update: The remains were identified on Monday as those of Mei Haskell by the LA County Depot. of Medical Examiner, which listed her cause of death as “deferred.” Arraignment hearing on 1/12/24. 1/12/24 Update: Haskell had an appearance in court Friday in Los Angeles, where he & his lawyers officially entered not guilty pleas to the 3 counts of murder. Haskell remains jailed without bail. He is due back on 2/16/24. A date is expected to be set then for a hearing to determine whether there is sufficient evidence to require him to stand trial.

Friday, February 16th:
*Scheduling Hearing (@ am PT) - CA – Mei Li Haskell (37) found dismembered in a parking lot dumpster near Ventura Blvd & Rubio Ave, Nov. 8, 2023 (ID’d Dec. 18, 2023] in Encino; missing Mei’s parents Yanxiang Wang (64) & Gaoshan Li (72) - *Samuel Bond Haskell IV aka Samuel Basshinger (stage name) (35) arrested & charged (11/13/23) & arraigned (1/12/24) with 3 counts of murder. Held with no bond. Plead not guilty. Held at the Valley Jail in Van Nuys.
Judge Kimberley Baker Guillemet presiding. L.A. County Deputy DA Beth Silverman & Defense attorney Joseph Weimoritz.
Case & Court info from 11/8/23 to 12/8/23 reference post #290 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ily-members-missing-8-nov-2023.695475/page-15

12/18/23 Update: The remains were identified on Monday as those of Mei Haskell by the LA County Depot. of Medical Examiner, which listed her cause of death as “deferred.” Arraignment hearing on 1/12/24. 1/12/24 Update: Haskell had an appearance in court Friday in Los Angeles, where he & his lawyers officially entered not guilty pleas to the 3 counts of murder. Haskell remains jailed without bail. He is due back on 2/16/24. A date is expected to be set then for a hearing to determine whether there is sufficient evidence to require him to stand trial.
So he's back in court today. Thanks, Niner. Something tells me they will have enough evidence to stand trial.

Daily Mail Article from Feb 16

I’ve linked the Daily Mail coverage of the hearing today above. It seems like the charges have stuck, but there is no additional info in the article about what happened at the hearing regarding scheduling, enhancements, competency, etc. Haskell was shirtless AGAIN….

Seems odd to me that in the photos he has in an earring. Is jewelry allowed in jail?

And the headline said that SH refused to put on an anti-harm vest but the article says absolutely nothing about it other than the defense attorney saying they are making him appear topless to humiliate him. It all seems odd.

Moo.

Seems odd to me that in the photos he has in an earring. Is jewelry allowed in jail?

And the headline said that SH refused to put on an anti-harm vest but the article says absolutely nothing about it other than the defense attorney saying they are making him appear topless to humiliate him. It all seems odd.

Moo.
Jewelry is contraband in prison and is usually removed by the guards. The appearing shirtless is beyond too much IMO. I've never heard of that being allowed, certainly not for humiliation purposes, seems made up. JMO.

Oh - I found him - in a different section than I usually find people.

Case Number Case Title Hearing Type Hearing Date Memo Department
23CJCF00013-01 The People of the State of California vs. Haskell, Samuel Bond Pretrial Conference/Trial Setting 03/26/2024 8:30AM Clara Shortridge Foltz Dept. - 110

link: LA Court

Doing the same fish lips thing as in his IG videos, guess he must have been able to see himself on the video feed :rolleyes:
What was in the bag he was holding? Court snacks?

I like the reporters ending comment - "our legal experts say, because this is such a high profile case - the defendant's Father is a well known Hollywood producer. It is unlikely to go to trial anytime soon".

Only in California folks!!
His Lunch. He had a field trip.

Doing the same fish lips thing as in his IG videos, guess he must have been able to see himself on the video feed :rolleyes:
What was in the bag he was holding? Court snacks?

I like the reporters ending comment - "our legal experts say, because this is such a high profile case - the defendant's Father is a well known Hollywood producer. It is unlikely to go to trial anytime soon".

Only in California folks!!
It happens everywhere, not just California. Money, power family connections influence murder investigations and cases in the US.

The newly obtained autopsy report "revealed a dismembered torso with a single sharp force injury at the base of the anterior neck," per The Blast.

"The head, majority of the neck, and majority of all 4 extremities were absent. The bone margins at the amputation sites were remarkably smooth. This suggests a sharp powered tool was likely used to perform these amputations," according to the report.

The newly obtained autopsy report "revealed a dismembered torso with a single sharp force injury at the base of the anterior neck," per The Blast.

"The head, majority of the neck, and majority of all 4 extremities were absent. The bone margins at the amputation sites were remarkably smooth. This suggests a sharp powered tool was likely used to perform these amputations," according to the report.
Horrific details, I don't even want to comment on. All I can think about are the kids at this point. I hope they are receiving counseling, protection, and a lot of love.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare
Back