CA - Sam Haskell, 35, arrested after woman's torso found in a trash bin in Encino LA, Tarzana, wife & two adult family members missing, 8 Nov 2023

The top of Haskell's jail-issued jumpsuit was folded around his waist and he held a plastic bag of his belongings while appearing before the court, the outlet reported.

the suspect was an aspiring Hollywood director himself, appearing to operate under the professional name Samuel Basshinger.

Haskell's arraignment is set for January.

Doing the same fish lips thing as in his IG videos, guess he must have been able to see himself on the video feed :rolleyes:
What was in the bag he was holding? Court snacks?

I like the reporters ending comment - "our legal experts say, because this is such a high profile case - the defendant's Father is a well known Hollywood producer. It is unlikely to go to trial anytime soon".

Only in California folks!!

Doing the same fish lips thing as in his IG videos, guess he must have been able to see himself on the video feed :rolleyes:

I like the reporters ending comment - "our legal experts say, because this is such a high profile case - the defendant's Father is a well known Hollywood producer. It is unlikely to go to trial anytime soon".

One, I'm REALLY tired of men appearing topless in court. Put a shirt and shackles on him if you're so worried he's a risk to himself.

Two, if I were the wealthy dad, my son would have the most mediocre public defender his long history of accomplishing nothing could afford. I cannot fathom paying for his defense after these heinous crimes.

One, I'm REALLY tired of men appearing topless in court. Put a shirt and shackles on him if you're so worried he's a risk to himself.

Two, if I were the wealthy dad, my son would have the most mediocre public defender his long history of accomplishing nothing could afford. I cannot fathom paying for his defense after these heinous crimes.
I agree with the shirt thing. I find it really distasteful not only to the person but to the court. I'm assuming this doesn't happen to at-risk women.

But, that is hardly the worst thing this defendant did. I can keep it in perspective.

jmo

Reminds me of American Psycho. Seeing him shirtless like that makes me sick. He seems really delusional jmo.

I'm hoping his family leave him high and dry. Make a statement to show that they do not support SH, to do anything else would make them look bad. JMO.

Here's the reason for the delay on his arraignment.

Dec. 8, 2023
The delay in his arraignment comes as the California man made a last-minute switch to his defense team.

Haskell IV had been represented by Beverly Hills defense attorney Bob Schwartz until two days ago, according to the Los Angeles Times.

His new attorney, Joseph Weimoritz, did not enter a plea on his behalf and requested a continuance of the hearing as he stood separated from his client by a glass partition.

It remains unclear why he made the change.

Actually, it's probably because there were multiple victims, possibly multiple crime scenes, the missing automobiles, multiple timelines, cell phones, GPS, etc. When that happens, there's a lot more evidence to process. After that, it all has to be catalogued and sorted for each victim, each murder, each location and given to defense attorneys in discovery.

Certainly, the killer's high profile father may be paying for his defense attorneys. If so, he may have the funds to hire the best. But even if the state were picking up the tab for public defenders, they would still demand the state attorneys provide them will all the evidence for all 3 murders. The prosecuting attorneys will also be diligent in providing all the evidence because they don't want to deal with appeals.

There will also be many pre-trial hearings. IOW, the more victims, crime scenes and evidence you have, the longer it takes to go to trial. JMO, given some recent murder trials, the ones with public defenders can last just as long as those with private defense attorneys.

Joe Weimortz | Attorney at Okabe & Haushalter​

1702171695271.png
Okabe & Haushalter
https://southbaylawyer.com › attorney-profile › joe-w...

Joseph Weimortz from southbaylawyer.com
Joe is regarded as an elite criminal defense attorney since leaving the District Attorney's Office to pursue private practice in October of 2008.

During his twelve years as a prosecutor, Joe tried sixty-six felony jury trials including seven homicides, seven attempted murders, and multiple robbery, carjacking, kidnapping, assault with a deadly weapon, child molestation, sexual assault, domestic violence, witness intimidation, gang enhancement, firearms enhancement, three strikes, burglary, theft, felony driving under the influence, drug possession, and manufacture and sales trials.

Joe is regarded as an elite criminal defense attorney since leaving the District Attorney’s Office to pursue private practice in October of 2008. His track record of success and involvement in high profile cases has made him one of the most successful trial attorneys in California. We are honored to have Joe as part of our team.

NEW Attorney^^^^^^

Old attorney:
Beverly Hills defense attorney Bob Schwartz

Robert A. Schwartz is a firm serving Los Angeles, CA in Sexual Assault, Theft Offenses and Juvenile Law cases. View the law firm's profile for reviews, ...

About Robert A. Schwartz​

Criminal Defense, Driving While Intoxicated, Drug Crimes, Felonies, Homicide, Juvenile Law, Misdemeanors, Probation Violation, Sexual Assault, White Collar Crime, Murder Cases, Theft Offenses, Domestic Violence, Gang Cases, Weapon Charges

Robert A. Schwartz carries the highest rating given by Martindale-Hubbell.

Joe Weimortz | Attorney at Okabe & Haushalter

View attachment 467006
Okabe & Haushalter
https://southbaylawyer.com › attorney-profile › joe-w...

View attachment 467007
Joe is regarded as an elite criminal defense attorney since leaving the District Attorney's Office to pursue private practice in October of 2008.

During his twelve years as a prosecutor, Joe tried sixty-six felony jury trials including seven homicides, seven attempted murders, and multiple robbery, carjacking, kidnapping, assault with a deadly weapon, child molestation, sexual assault, domestic violence, witness intimidation, gang enhancement, firearms enhancement, three strikes, burglary, theft, felony driving under the influence, drug possession, and manufacture and sales trials.

Joe is regarded as an elite criminal defense attorney since leaving the District Attorney’s Office to pursue private practice in October of 2008. His track record of success and involvement in high profile cases has made him one of the most successful trial attorneys in California. We are honored to have Joe as part of our team.

NEW Attorney^^^^^^

Old attorney:
Beverly Hills defense attorney Bob Schwartz

Robert A. Schwartz is a firm serving Los Angeles, CA in Sexual Assault, Theft Offenses and Juvenile Law cases. View the law firm's profile for reviews, ...

About Robert A. Schwartz​

Criminal Defense, Driving While Intoxicated, Drug Crimes, Felonies, Homicide, Juvenile Law, Misdemeanors, Probation Violation, Sexual Assault, White Collar Crime, Murder Cases, Theft Offenses, Domestic Violence, Gang Cases, Weapon Charges

Robert A. Schwartz carries the highest rating given by Martindale-Hubbell.
I think we have a pretty good idea who's footing this bill.

Just now saw on Nancy Grace-----a reporter said that on the morning of his arrest, he had taken the kids to school for the first time he had ever done so---and also asked around to get them a playdate for the afternoon. And the other parents were really confused and suspicious immediately.

The reporter also said that SH's parents have the children right now....which is kind of heartbreaking, imo.

I'm glad they are not in foster care, but they are with the killer's parents---and I do feel a grudge against them because they were likely ignoring his psychotic behaviour for decades. JMO

The top of Haskell's jail-issued jumpsuit was folded around his waist and he held a plastic bag of his belongings while appearing before the court, the outlet reported.

the suspect was an aspiring Hollywood director himself, appearing to operate under the professional name Samuel Basshinger.

Haskell's arraignment is set for January.

Here's a YouTube video from "Sam Basshinger" (odd name, imo)

Lots of sites and links to explore on the "more about this channel" YouTube page:

Shame for the kids. Lock him up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ServerNotResponding
Back