CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
This case has really shaken me up!

I feel like there is a whole lot more of these young boys headed in this direction due to the violence we see on tv and video games. If I had a son I would be very worried about it.

But I have two young daughters ages 14 and 11. My 14 yr old has always been very very cautious and scared of everything so I don't worry as much about her as I do my 11 yr old. She is a free spirit and has a mind of her own and always has... Once when she was around 3 she told me "I ain't afraid of nothing!" cute but scary and once when she was about the same age she got up one morning and with a scowl on her face said "Are you gonna boss me today??". Night and day with these two!

Anyway, I am terrified of something like this happening to one of them and wanted to scare them into being more cautious. My 11 yr old loves to put on her headphones and play outside after school. She is in the front or back yard but still with the headphones on she is maybe not aware of her surroundings as much. I told her about this case and didn't spare any details telling her to never approach a strangers car or talk to a stranger even teenagers and do you know what she said to me after rolling her eyes...?? "Well! It's not MY fault he did that to her!" Ummmm.....she just doesn't get it and I don't know how to make her get it.

georgiagirl, my daughter just turned 28 and lives in Westminster. The feeling you have will never go away and I have been a wreck. As a mother I never stop worrying. Someone always has a story.
Example: while they have been looking for this monster.

My daughter last week is walking her little defenseless dog. She sees a very old man up ahead with two little collie type dogs and he has the kind of crutches that wrap around your wrist. He sees her coming and all she can think of is Ted Bundy. All the poor old man wanted to know was if he went a certain way if it would bring him to a small bridge and he could get access back into the neighborhood. She answered him from a distance. He thanked her profusely and went on his way. Normally she would not have thought anything of it as she is very friendly.
This is what our society has become. Something like that hitting so close really opened her eyes. You just never know. And to find out it is a 17 year old kid.

But as a mother I never stop worrying, never.

Imo, Austin R. Sigg, left home that morning of October 05/2012 with the intentions of abducting and murdering a child. It is doubtful that he would have had the necessary tools available to carry out the abduction unless preplanned including an abduction/rape kit.

I agree. Several posters have stated that they keep rope and things in their car - wouldn't you keep that in the trunk? OK so he grabs her and brings her into the SUV. Wasn't this his Mom's vehicle? Would he just happen to know that she keeps rope in the trunk? Would he really put Jessica in the car, then take the time to run around and grab the rope out of the trunk, knowing that could later be suspicious if he had been seen? I don't think he took that time. I believe the rope or zip ties was/were in the SUV. I don't believe people typically store it there. I think he had it waiting in the back b/c he was out SEARCHING for a victim.

Keep in mind that he is a 17-year-old boy. It was 8:30 AM. Unless they're on their way to work or class, 17-year-old boys would not typically be up and on the road by 8:30 AM, without an agenda - especially a heavy "gamer" who probably stays up late playing. I don't buy that he just drove past her and snapped. He was searching, IMO. He's tried this before.

Hey Eileen - thank you for your very positive post (last page of last thread)! :tyou:

And P.S.:::

I really do not know how much of what AS is telling as far as his confession I believe.
It could be alot of BS but I have faith that LE will peice it all together.

SBM....
4. He claims that he placed her backpack to distract LE from his direction. There were some on this board who predicted that. However, he hid her other body parts under his house. Why would he so openly "dispose" of her torso, to be found? Honestly, I think if he had hidden everything, they may still be looking for Jessica and he wouldn't have drawn attention to himself. Therefore, this tells me that it may have been his first human murder. I think he started acting weird, and couldn't handle it anymore, which is why he confessed to his Mom. The other thing that makes me think this is that he claimed that just killing her didn't give him the thrill that he thought it would, so he took it further.

As others have alluded to, I dread where we are going to end up with this case. I think she died fairly quickly, at least I hope so.... His interest in mortuary science and forensics, given what has happened is almost too terrible to think about. Here is an interesting article:

"Based on the case study data, necrophilia almost exclusively involves males who are driven to remove freshly buried bodies or seek employment in funeral parlours or morgues (in fact, in the biggest study of necrophilic behaviour found that 57% of necrophiliacs were employed in a profession that gave then access to dead bodies). "

http://drmarkgriffiths.wordpress.co...-brief-psychological-overview-of-necrophilia/

It will be interesting to see if AS had ever received any sort of psychiatric treatment. There HAD to have been signs of a pathology as deep as his.

Imo, Austin R. Sigg, left home that morning of October 05/2012 with the intentions of abducting and murdering a child. It is doubtful that he would have had the necessary tools available to carry out the abduction unless preplanned including an abduction/rape kit.

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/24/exclusive-details-about-arrest-kidnapping-of-jessica-ridgeway-revealed/
RE: The source says Sigg told police he drove by Jessica Ridgeway on the morning of October 5, turned his car around and grabbed her. He brought her into the car where he hog-tied her and then he strangled her to death

BBM
Think of all these actions that fell into place that had Jessica walking out her door and being seen by him!! I wonder where he turned around. If he passed the park. And to think. he pulls up next to or by her. grabs her. puts her in vehicle. then ties her up and then takes the 4 plus minutes to strangle!! he must have struggled a little bit, had to have stood at the door getting her in and tied then strangled. Minutes! A slice of a few minutes in all of these peoples lives. The guy waiting w/ his son just down the street at the park. A real life horror!!

Snipped BM for focus:

Gabby66 Quote
4. He claims that he placed her backpack to distract LE from his direction. There were some on this board who predicted that. However, he hid her other body parts under his house. Why would he so openly "dispose" of her torso, to be found? Honestly, I think if he had hidden everything, they may still be looking for Jessica and he wouldn't have drawn attention to himself. Therefore, this tells me that it may have been his first human murder. I think he started acting weird, and couldn't handle it anymore, which is why he confessed to his Mom. The other thing that makes me think this is that he claimed that just killing her didn't give him the thrill that he thought it would, so he took it further.

Imo, Serial Killer Ted Bundy was Austin Reed Sigg's mentor.. Too understand the artist, one must first entrepret their artwork. The signature remains constant even when the MO may be deliberately altered to confuse authorities. It would be reasonable to conclude that Sigg's signature would be similar/synonymous with Bundy's , imo..

I got a few things from this video:

1. The neighbor says that they (LE) came over and took swabs from everyone. This tells me that they did not find DNA on Jessica's body or backpack. Otherwise, they could have already identified him.

2. "Because he was 17, I didn't believe her. I thought she was just being paranoid." This is a quote from the mother of the young girl who pointed AS out to her, indicating that the girl felt he was the one who killed Jessica. This is so unfortunate. Profilers assumed this perp was much older. They had most of us feeling like he was going to be some creepy old man, yet they encouraged everyone to report anything unusual, even gut feelings. How can one have a "gut feeling" (the mother), if LE is disuading her in a different direction?

3. They are still searching for the crime scene where he "dismembered" her body. Why would he confess to the crime, and even tell them where the rest of her remains were located, yet not tell them where he dismembered her?

BBM

IMO it's to challenge the LE to see if his CSI skills were worthy of 1st place, not 2nd and to see if he's 'better' than they are... but that's JMO

I almost wonder if he didn't - in his immature mind - think that by leaving part of her where it could be found that he thought the search would subside. He may have thought that if they knew she was no longer alive and even suspected wild animals were to blame, that the search would stop and he would be off the hook.

He may have been so intent on possessing a body that he didn't think farther down the road to the fact that there would be a monumental search for his victim, and then when the entire area became paralyzed while DNA swabs were taken, homes were searched, etc., he felt the need to do something to stop the frenzy as a last-ditch effort to possibly remain anonymous.

I agree. Several posters have stated that they keep rope and things in their car - wouldn't you keep that in the trunk? OK so he grabs her and brings her into the SUV. Wasn't this his Mom's vehicle? Would he just happen to know that she keeps rope in the trunk? Would he really put Jessica in the car, then take the time to run around and grab the rope out of the trunk, knowing that could later be suspicious if he had been seen? I don't think he took that time. I believe the rope or zip ties was/were in the SUV. I don't believe people typically store it there. I think he had it waiting in the back b/c he was out SEARCHING for a victim.

Rope could be in the backseat floorboard-- and zipties could be stored in the glove box... my dad always had some in the console of his truck so he could grab them quickly if he needed them, (for farming purposes-- NOT abductions)

I wonder if after getting her into vehicle if he jumped back into driver's seat and strangled her from there. i can't imagine him next to his door doing this openly. after the intital rush of getting her and tying her up.

This case has really shaken me up!

I feel like there is a whole lot more of these young boys headed in this direction due to the violence we see on tv and video games. If I had a son I would be very worried about it.

But I have two young daughters ages 14 and 11. My 14 yr old has always been very very cautious and scared of everything so I don't worry as much about her as I do my 11 yr old. She is a free spirit and has a mind of her own and always has... Once when she was around 3 she told me "I ain't afraid of nothing!" cute but scary and once when she was about the same age she got up one morning and with a scowl on her face said "Are you gonna boss me today??". Night and day with these two!

Anyway, I am terrified of something like this happening to one of them and wanted to scare them into being more cautious. My 11 yr old loves to put on her headphones and play outside after school. She is in the front or back yard but still with the headphones on she is maybe not aware of her surroundings as much. I told her about this case and didn't spare any details telling her to never approach a strangers car or talk to a stranger even teenagers and do you know what she said to me after rolling her eyes...?? "Well! It's not MY fault he did that to her!" Ummmm.....she just doesn't get it and I don't know how to make her get it.

Re: bolded parts.

It has shaken me up too.

You are doing the best you can, and I commend you for trying to be the best parent you can be. Your real-life example is a good one because this is the sort of unexpected reaction that is probably very common.

A response like....."of course it is not your fault, but there are ways to help prevent becoming a target of these kinds of people"
A response like that may be one way to approach that in the future, although I bet you did a fine job anyway.

When I taught a volunteer class one day, I noticed the kids purposely acting like they were not interested, and it seemed the entire class did not care or hear anything. Then, after the short class was over, I was amazed at how many kids asked good questions and had good comments about the subject which proved they were really listening.

I think kids like to put on a front sometimes, and I bet your message got through to her no matter how you appproached it. They like to act like they are already in the know about things, and will purposely act disinterested, but deep down, they are listening and appreciative of your concern.

You did fine, and just the fact you tried to talk with her shows her you care very much about her, which she appreciates deep down. When she is much older and much more mature, she will express this to you that she really heard you and listened to you, and was thankful she had a caring mother.

You are doing fine, and keep up the good work.

I got a few things from this video:

1. The neighbor says that they (LE) came over and took swabs from everyone. This tells me that they did not find DNA on Jessica's body or backpack. Otherwise, they could have already identified him.

2. "Because he was 17, I didn't believe her. I thought she was just being paranoid." This is a quote from the mother of the young girl who pointed AS out to her, indicating that the girl felt he was the one who killed Jessica. This is so unfortunate. Profilers assumed this perp was much older. They had most of us feeling like he was going to be some creepy old man, yet they encouraged everyone to report anything unusual, even gut feelings. How can one have a "gut feeling" (the mother), if LE is disuading her in a different direction?

3. They are still searching for the crime scene where he "dismembered" her body. Why would he confess to the crime, and even tell them where the rest of her remains were located, yet not tell them where he dismembered her?

yes, this was one huge clue not reported, the other clue not reported was a student from his college classes. She said (sorry, cannot find source!) he missed class that Friday, 10/5 and several days of class the following week. She said he eventually came back.
I guess LE needs to add "students missing class" in their future profiles!

What was he doing the following week on those days he did not go to class??

Sigg's Internet Alter Ego -- Dohastvath

A 17-year-old Austin Sigg has a Myspace page that uses the profile name "Dohastvath." A video-gamer websites states that Dohastvath is "Austin."

Dohastvath has a YouTube account called "DNA." Both the YouTube and Myspace accounts use the same profile avatar -- a graphic image of a red-headed man in a long black coat and black pants.

On his YouTube profile, Dohastvath comments on a song called "Stalking Your Mom," which is performed by Wax. He also has a video link to the execution of hanging of former Iraq dictator Saddam Hussein.

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/world/...-on-the-westminster-17-year-old#ixzz2AJlXAtMu

I have to agree with Eileen730 about the video games. I grew up playing video games, and as an adult, I still play when I get extra time. I always knew the difference between what's REAL and what's "just a game". Games shouldn't be blamed, just as music or TV shouldn't. If a person is influenced enough by games, TV or music to do something violent, there is something deeper going on there. I guess the same thing could be said about the *advertiser censored* that was brought up. I can see, however, young people being exposed to *advertiser censored* too early having an unrealistic view of what a healthy sex life should be. I've seen men who relied upon it ,then when in a relationship, they are clueless about how to "love" a woman. For Austin having that *advertiser censored* addiction, and then murdering a young female, although it may not have been sexual in nature, it could be that he has a hatred or distaste towards women, and that could have been exacerbated by the type of *advertiser censored* he was addicted to? (Of course, my opinion only)

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/24/exclusive-details-about-arrest-kidnapping-of-jessica-ridgeway-revealed/
RE: The source says Sigg told police he drove by Jessica Ridgeway on the morning of October 5, turned his car around and grabbed her. He brought her into the car where he hog-tied her and then he strangled her to death.

This is so sad, what fear and terror she must have been going through in those few minutes.
I hope the family was informed of all that was coming out last night on the various news sources.

I almost wonder if he didn't - in his immature mind - think that by leaving part of her where it could be found that he thought the search would subside. He may have thought that if they knew she was no longer alive and even suspected wild animals were to blame, that the search would stop and he would be off the hook.

BBM...
I'm in NO WAY condoning what he did, I'm just looking at it biologically/neurologically-- as the brains functions and ability to repair itself, etc fascinate me...

With that said-- when asking why he did some illogical things we have to keep in mind research shows the frontal lobe doesn't fully mature until approximately age 25-- hence why 'teenagers/early 20's' (males in particular) do extremely risky and 'dumb' things. The frontal lobe is where the ability to understand probable consequences from action as well as the difference in good and bad actions comes from. It's also responsible for suppressing unacceptable social responses.

Add to that any chance of mental health or other disorders/disabilities and anything is possible... someone also said something about his facial features indicating a possible TBI-- organically this kid may have never stood a chance of being 'typical'.

I don't have the links to all of this, was learned from speaking to my DS's neurologist... and asking "Why does he do (fill in the blank w/stupid stunt)" So consider it my MOO :moo::moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther