CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #3 BODY FOUND

Status
Not open for further replies.
FOX news reporting that "this was not a random act."

Sorry if this has already been posted.

ITA, it looked to be the size of a large city phonebook with soft cover and thin pages.

iirc, Annie had reserved the lab for 10 and the class she was a TA in was 2pm or so. Please disregard if this is not correct.

Thanks for clarifying, fhc. This thread is moving at warp speed and my recollections aren't accurate:crazy:

that is what I recall as well. The basement was allegedly the animal area... but darn if I can find that link now! I will go look.... there is also a link that showed where Bennet's lab was... iirc it was not in the basement of the building.

Bennet's lab is at the Sterling building, not at Amistad. Le pursued her own research at Amistad.

(What I mean is, she did research for Bennett at Sterling and did research for herself at Amistad, although I'm sure the two pursuits could overlap.)

Per Fox....killing not a random act....

Not at all surprised to hear that.

I really get the feeling this was personal, and that the timing (just before her wedding) is no coincidence.

Bennet's lab is at the Sterling building, not at Amistad. Le pursued her own research at Amistad.

(What I mean is, she did research for Bennett at Sterling and did research for herself at Amistad, although I'm sure the two pursuits could overlap.)

All the research would be for Bennett, ultimately. You have your project, but it is part of that lab's work.
You cannot keep research animals in your lab. You must go to them to work with them. That's why she went to Amistad. You have a lab you work in and a room where your mice are kept in a secure area.

The media reports are causing a lot of confusion- the reporters do not understand how research works.

Brother of Annie Le Says Goodbye on Facebook
8 hrs ago
<snipped>
While Le was not identified as the victim, Reichard said the missing persons case was now being classified as a homicide case.

"She has not been identified as of this time, however, we are assuming that it is her," Reichard said. Reichard said Le's family was contacted after state police found the body at around 5 p.m. Sunday in an area of the building that houses utility cables that run between floors.

Later Sunday night Le's brother Christopher who attends U.C. Davis posted a message on his Facebook page saying "The human race has failed. I love you my one and only sister."

VIDEO: Family and Friends React to News of Body Found at Yale Lab; Suzanne Phan's 11 p.m. Report, 9/13/09
http://www.news10.net/video/default.aspx?aid=81845

VIDEO: New Haven Police News Conference; Body Found in Yale Building; 9/13/09, 6 p.m.
http://www.news10.net/video/default.aspx?aid=81841&storyid=66856

Article:
http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=66856&catid=2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Police: Yale Univ. Killing No Random Act
Police Say No One In Custody
POSTED: 4:27 am PDT September 13, 2009
UPDATED: 9:10 am PDT September 14, 2009
<snipped>
Police are hunting for the killer who stuffed a body believed to be that of a Yale University graduate student behind a wall in the high-security laboratory building where she worked.

An autopsy was underway on Monday to verify the identity of the body, found in a cable duct in the Yale medical school building. Police would not say Monday if they have a suspect, but said that nobody is in custody.

"We're not believing it's a random act" said Officer Joe Avery, a police spokesman. He would not provide any further details, but said no one else is in danger.

The building where the body was found is part of the university medical school complex about a mile from Yale's main campus and is accessible to Yale personnel with identification cards. Some 75 video surveillance cameras monitor all doorways.

"It's a frightening idea that there's a murderer walking around on campus," said 20-year-old Muneeb Sultan, a chemistry student. "I'm shocked that it happened in a Yale building that had key-card access. It's really sad."

Video: Police: Body Likely Annie Le
http://www.kcra.com/video/20897279/index.html

Article:
http://www.kcra.com/news/20885454/detail.html

:angel:

I posted about this in the previous thread with a link- She signed up for a time slot in that building- it was where here research animals were kept. I speculated that it was for a procedure room in a basement animal facility.
Her lab was in Sterling.

There is confusion because the media is calling several locations her "lab"

Could you please provide a link to her signing up for a time slot? I do not recall reading that as confirmed. Thanks in advance...

Would the 'chase' where Annie was found and held wiring from one floor to another be similar to an elevator shaft?

Are the reports of tunnels connecting the buildings true?

TIA for any answers.

wm

Annie most recently picked the topic for her dissertation, one doesn't do that unless it's been approved. Does anyone know who was going to chair her dissertation and/or be a member of her committee? TIA

eyes,
The only articles I read that discussed her dissertation did so loosely (ie, no mention of chair name...). However, they did report on the topic she chose... which was proteins related to diabetes.

Could you please provide a link to her signing up for a time slot? I do not recall reading that as confirmed. Thanks in advance...

It was listed in the previous thread- there was a link to the video where the reporters were discussing it.

I do not have time to go back now- I am at work. I wrote a long explanation on how these labs/facilities work related to what was being said in different reports.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4156869#post4156869"]CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #4 BODY FOUND - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I just started a new thread.... link above^

What is LE doing?

They have a body, bloody clothing (lab coat) belonging (worn) by the perp, a secure building monitored by key-card and a few cameras and know where the body and clothes were hidden. Assuming the hidden clothes were bloody (as reported) they may even know where the crime was commited. Assuming security worked, the perp should be someone with access (the little computer that controls key card locks also record who/when/where), has access to a lab coat, knowledge of the building, knowledge of how to set off the fire alarm, .....

Seems like it should be easy to come up with a short list of perps? Then you have a strange lie about when they found the body. Is LE being extra carefull because it's Yale? IMO, things seem to be going in sllloooooow motion.

Quote from article:

snip<that the bloody clothing was found in a drop ceiling somewhere in the five-story science lab building at 10 Amistad St.... http://nhregister.com/articles/2009/...2229089635.txt >snip

Likely there would be bloody fingerprints on the ceiling tiles.

Fingerprints may not be too plentiful here....latex gloves are available by the case in these labs and worn by nearly everyone when doing any kind of work inside the labs. More than easy to remove, toss into biohazard containers and put on new ones that are on nearly every counter inside the labs. The clothes will be helpful, could be a lab coat, scrub suit, lab apron, even street clothes that someone changed out of and into a scrub suit.....another item that is usually easily available in stacks for those working in labs to change into if necessary. Many people keep changes of clothes in their offices so that they can quickly change to go to meetings or even out to dinner after work. Labs are messy places, stains and spills occur on a regular basis.

jmoo

Yale Killing Not a Random Act

Police in New Haven say the killing of a Yale graduate student whose body was found stuffed behind a wall in a high-security laboratory building at Yale University is not a random act.

New Haven police spokesman Joe Avery told The Associated Press on Monday that police don't believe that anyone else on the Ivy League campus is in danger. He would not say if police have a suspect, but says nobody is in custody.

Police say they made the grisly discovery Sunday shortly after 5pm. Police cars now block off the area around the Amistad building at 10 Amistad Street, and mourners have left flowers and candles next to a nearby fence. A candlelight prayer vigil was planned for 8:00 p.m. Monday at Cross Campus on College St. between Wall and Elm Streets.

Le, 24, was last seen at 10 Amistad St. this past Tuesday. She was to be married Sunday on Long Island, the day the remains were found.

At a Sunday night news conference, police announced the discovery of the body and said New Haven Police would be taking over the case as a homicide investigation.

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/new_ha..._haven_le_homicide_investigation_200909140600

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member