FL FL - Brooksville, WhtFem UP6043, 30-45, in woods west of I-75, Jul'72

So if they have teeth, can't they get DNA from them and maybe see if a family member is in the DataBase? Long shot, I know.

So if they have teeth, can't they get DNA from them and maybe see if a family member is in the DataBase? Long shot, I know.

I see ads online where consumers can find second cousins and stuff with DNA, I would think LE has the capability to do this. Good idea.

Agree; probably not reported missing, at least not officially. Seems like there were a lot of women who disappeared back then and their husbands just claimed they "ran off."

The blanket looks like a quilted bedspread to me, not like the kind of quilt one might buy at a fair.

About the teeth: Possible she wore dentures and her killer removed them before dumping her? Or... didn't people take their dentures out at night? She might not have been wearing them when she was killed. I mention this because she might have looked to others like she had teeth. In other words, I don't know that we necessarily have to look for homeless or toothless women, just not those with perfect teeth or dental records.

Also, July 19 was a Wednesday, so that means she was likely murdered over the weekend, FWIW.

I was thinking maybe if she left another state and the family knew she was going to FL or knew she left of her own will, they may not have reported her missing if they weren't on good speaking terms. I happen to know a family member that did leave state, and ended up homeless, I hadn't heard from them in over 25 yrs, until last year. I never thought anything bad happened to them, but had I looked for them, I wouldn't have found them. They were way off the radar. So maybe now there might be something in one of the missing sites about them missing, but could be from another state. If she was married why no searches for her, someone had to have known her. But Evelyn Mackey; no one has looked for her that I know of. I have never heard or read about any family searching or asking questions.

I went though every missing female missing in 1971/1972 on namus in every state and nothing matched up close.

However it seems 1972 predates alot of states listings.

I went though every missing female missing in 1971/1972 on namus in every state and nothing matched up close.

However it seems 1972 predates alot of states listings.

thank you Soulmagent,

I am going through the Charley site, all the way back to see if maybe someone put in a recent entry for a run-a-way teen or younger adult. She may have been disconnected with the family, since no one was coming forward to ask questions.

on another note; the bra and panties, do you think she could have been raped? or had sex before the murder? I know they list these items, but were they in anyway not on the way they should have been? I just envision them on her, not torn or have way on. The reason I question it is; could there be DNA from a male on or in her at the time? The quilt may have a hairs or some clue that they just didn't let out. Anyway, back to looking.

Agree on it likely being a spousal murder. Kathaleen wore wigs and a partial dental plate. There are dentals on this Doe, so the plate should make it an easy ruleout (or in, if the Doe had a plate, although that's not mentioned).

given she had a dental plate, (lower IIRC) that means she was missing some teeth, maybe she didn't have one for the upper or no one mentioned it on her profile. I had one for 2 lower teeth at one time, but I hated it and never wore it. So she maybe a person to keep on the list for now. I know the height is off, but you never know.

this one feels like a possibility and she has connections to FL. she would have been 21 in 1958 and the family is still looking for her, they think she may have become homeless.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/richardson-anderson_ida.html

I sent am email to the contact person on Jane Doe's page. I think this one should be looked at because there are still children of her's and their names and locations that could be contacted for DNA matches.

Brooksville, huh? One of WS' favourite UID, Cali Doe, lived around there once upon a time.

The map shows the proximity where the body was found: https://goo.gl/maps/R84YK8nruJJ2

Lots of houses in the area, and lots of them are over 50 years old. Nobody saw anything?

unless it was in a freezer all that time. Would that show up if the body was frozen?

I looked at the quilt and it is a machine made, store bought quilt. No piecing, just back and front fabric, quilted together.
I don't know if they had the technology to determine that in 1972, but it can be very easily determined now. When you freeze meat with a conventional freezing method (i.e. a freezer...) ice crystals begins to form within the meat, tearing the muscles. That's why that frozen steak doesn't chew exactly the same as a freshly butchered steak.

I agree on the quilt. It looks like a common bed cover, sewn quilt style. Looks like a bed cover from a motel or a department store purchase. I had a similar bed cover from the same period.

When I first saw the bed cover and read the description the first thought that popped into my mind was that it came from a motel.

Hernando County Jane Doe Murdered in 1972 May Have a Chance to Tell her Story

7013-case%203%20USF15-010_72.jpg
Blanket_2.jpg

Approximately 3 days after her death, a teenage boy discovered her body. Her remains had already started to decompose, making her unrecognizable. She was buried by the county following an autopsy. Then in June 2015, her body was exhumed for DNA testing, anthropological assessments, and facial reconstruction. Three dimensional printing was used to create a replica of her skull which was then used for facial reconstruction, a relatively new process forged by forensic artist Joe Mullins.

[...]

“On July 19, 1972, a teenage boy was passing along a wooded area on High Corner Road in Brooksville, Florida, where he found human remains. At the time of discovery the medical examiner’s office determined the remains were from an unknown white female. Upon further analysis of the remains, she was likely aged between 25-40 years. She was 5 ft. 1-4 inches in height and weighed approximately 140 pounds. Her hair was brown in color, and 4-6 inches in length. According to the medical examiner’s office, the cause of death was strangulation. She had been in the woods 3-4 days when found. The victim was found wearing a white bra and white, bikini-style underwear.

[...]

The body was found wrapped in a distinctive blanket according to the unidentified persons database.

http://hernandosun.com/jane_doe_bust_created_IFAAS

A few ideas (which probably won't amount to anything but rather post than not):

I saw on American Pickers once that some places had books that you could thumb through and each page had a sample of a textile on it and you could pick out your mail-order clothing that way more easily. They were more high end shops that had them and it was longer ago than that, but who knows how long they kept that up and in which stores? There could be something somewhere who knows.

Also vintage clothing stores probably see a ton of stuff come thru and someone who works at one is probably a fan of the stuff and would maybe recognize it if you posted images of it.

And there are fashion museums I think, aren't there? Hm. I'd be interested in seeing the print, who knows what the internet might be able to find for you? I'd definitely use googles image search tool to try to find matching prints that way as well..

Post a picture here!

Try the same picture in Google Image Search.

Try either of these:

http://www.missingfabrics.com/

http://www.findmyfabric.com/

I'll warn you, I have fabric on missingfabrics.com but no one has contacted me.

(seeking black&white shot 100% cotton semi-sheer)

I'd love to see the fabric -- and of course know why you are interested in sourcing & dating....

TY, Laughing :seeya:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back