FL FL - Brooksville, WhtFem UP6043, 30-45, in woods west of I-75, Jul'72

Post a picture here!

Try the same picture in Google Image Search.

Try either of these:

http://www.missingfabrics.com/

http://www.findmyfabric.com/

I'll warn you, I have fabric on missingfabrics.com but no one has contacted me.

(seeking black&white shot 100% cotton semi-sheer)

I'd love to see the fabric -- and of course know why you are interested in sourcing & dating....

TY, Laughing :seeya:

Thank you, I will check out the links. I am trying to locate a store of course that sold this fabric. It is part of a crime scene. So I will check with the Detective and see if we can start a thread or if he will join us :).
He was wondering if there was such a database and ask me if I knew of anyone who could help him. So can't post till Monday, unless I find the UID on Namus, I do believe she is there. I just don't know the case number off the top of my head, but if I find it, I will post it. Thank you guys you are the best.

Okay, great.

That "blanket" looks like a bedspread. Any tag at all???

At the time, Sears was a popular retailer. I wouldn't be surprised if that item was sold at Sears.

The fabric websites I posted are aimed at fabrics sold at retail. We are looking for a fabric that was wholesaled. The manufacturer of that blanket bought hundreds of yards (if not thousands) of that fabric.

Was the fabric fiber tested, or are we left with the two b&w photographs? Is there a color photo anywhere?

Can you find a professional association for hotel/motel operators? That style print might be recognizable to someone who selected fabric items for a hotel in the late '60,s or early '70's.

Brand on the lady's underwear?

TY, Laughing

:seeya:

This may have been home made from that fabric or as you suggest, it could be retailed and the person altered it. I am not sure, but the ends appear to be rounded, but I will check with the detective on Monday. I emailed the link to him already for the fabric sites :)

The color of the background for the fabric is light brown and I think the flowers are yellow and orange. I can see if there is any color photos, but if it is not in color on that presser, most likely we do not have it. But I will be happy to check.

I flipped the pic for a better idea of what the pattern might be. IMO, could be Jacobean, paisley, or possibly mosaic. Certain aspects of the design make it look almost like a clown face with kind of a Peter Pan type collar.

Attachments

• Jane Doe 1970s vintage blanket, quilt or bedspread.jpg
    Jane Doe 1970s vintage blanket, quilt or bedspread.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 85
If we don't have a color photo or can't get one (too degraded or faded) I can recreate it with pens and ink and then post it. I have photo shop too and that may be an idea as well, if I get one pattern and do the color you can do a repeat of the it and maybe recreate the pattern.

This may have been home made from that fabric or as you suggest, it could be retailed and the person altered it. I am not sure, but the ends appear to be rounded, but I will check with the detective on Monday. I emailed the link to him already for the fabric sites :)

The color of the background for the fabric is light brown and I think the flowers are yellow and orange. I can see if there is any color photos, but if it is not in color on that presser, most likely we do not have it. But I will be happy to check.

The rounded corners are what indicated "bedspread." You younger folks may not be familiar with them.

The fabric is a print, right, and not a woven pattern? That would be a difficult, but not impossible, weave.

I really appreciate the enlarged scan, sillybilly.

I do get most of my exercise jumping to conclusions, but this reads as one motel maid & one motel bedspread disappearing at the same time. Orange & yellow are sunshine colors, possibly selected to create a 'sunny' room for travelers to Florida?

Picture postcards of motels in that area at the time may include room interiors. ( A postcard was used on the Alcala threads to identify the location of some of his pictures.) Any postcard collectors here?

Hope we're actually helping the cold case!

Just a thought, but yesterday I did a cursory search of old motels in the Brooksville area. To me the blanket looks like one that a motel would use especially with the rounded corners. I tried to find some pictures that perhaps were taken from that era to no avail, but I didn't search for very long.

The sighting of 3 individuals entering the woods and only 2 coming out got me thinking along the line that maybe she frequented a motel in the area for some extra cash. IYKWIM

You are definitely helping us. I didn't know the name of that pattern until our SillyBilly posted it, and then then I was able to find the site and email. So I will do the same with the other two. Detective Loydgren appreciates all the help he can get in these cases. He has done incredible work on so many of the cases and is giving these families some long, overdue justice. If you find the fabric on line, you can pm me or email him. He listed his number and email in the article.

Just a thought, but yesterday I did a cursory search of old motels in the Brooksville area. To me the blanket looks like one that a motel would use especially with the rounded corners. I tried to find some pictures that perhaps were taken from that era to no avail, but I didn't search for very long.

The sighting of 3 individuals entering the woods and only 2 coming out got me thinking along the line that maybe she frequented a motel in the area for some extra cash. IYKWIM

There is a photo of the deputies holding it up in the article, what size do you think this is? A twin perhaps?

There is a photo of the deputies holding it up in the article, what size do you think this is? A twin perhaps?

possibly a double or designed to be used with a dust ruffle/bed skirt. Might have had matching pillow shams, or be long enough to fold over the pillow(s.)

Queen & King weren't prevalent then. Sometimes an older motel will become All King today, because two queen sized beds don't fit in the rooms designed for two doubles!

ColdPizza, I'm glad that this reads Motel to you as well, at least we're out on this limb together!

I was thinking queen just because twin beds aren't really the norm in motels.

okay according to Yahoo answers

In 1958, the Simmons Company introduced the Queen size and King size mattress. However, I'm sure that "queen size" mattresses were around before that -- the size just wasn't standardized.

So Monday I need to get measurements for the bedspread, and see about a color photo. :thinking:

I scrolled through hundreds of eBay vintage blankets for sale last night. I didn't find an exact match, but I did come across a seller who exclusively sells vintage bedding and bedspreads. I am going to email them today and see if they might join us and take a peek at the pattern.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

There are no measurements other than a reference to it being a "single" size. Also no color photos of it, but described as; light brown background and lime green and light yellow floral design. So I will see about doing something in color, perhaps in Photoshop. If anyone wants to attempt it, let me know, if no takers, I can work on it this week. Thanks

oh, just one corner was rounded off. So not sure if someone did that, altered it, or it came that way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge
Back