FL FL - DeLand, Male Skeletal UP12776, 18-25, in Garbage Bag, Mar'14

I'm hoping it's one of Yessenia Suarez's children. Well, not "hoping", but you know what I mean. The murderer (her husband) and his gang members were quite familiar with that Deland area. But if the bones were quite old (as VSCO stated, it was "literally a bag of bones") then yes, it might be Haleigh. :(

If it is a child I'm inclined to believe it could be Haleigh because of the Deland connection with Misty's brother.

However, it could be a teen or young adult. I did think about your sister also because of the vicinity. My friend Wendy also went missing in the 80's and although she was tall she was very small boned.

I just hope that someone can get some closure and soon.

Me too. I also thought of Darlene Webb.But I do think they are Haleigh.

My very first thought was the remains were Haleigh Cummings.But if they are from an older person and had been there for years. Then I am looking into these remains found for another reason.

Hugs, MsSuzanne. I hope they tell us something soon.

Hopefully we'll know something soon. It is sad, whoever it is to be thrown out like trash.

I feel the answer is sooo close. Unfortunately, I am leaving for a cruise Sunday for 5 days. But it would be nice to come back and see that they have their name back.

I'm going to wing it RoseTree, but it could be the bones are aged, very little if any soft/skin tissue would be present (especially after 6 months or so in FL weather) From the man who found the remains he visualized a young girl. Hair would be present after a few years, maybe even jewelry or the clothing indicating age.

The remains were called skeletal remains. Bone marrow would take longer to examine, if present. Dental would be out for id'ing if the child had no dental record.

It's one of the missing but it sounds like it could be Haleigh. The other day a young girl was found out here at Apache Lake. There were hopes it was one of the children missing due to the 3 who found the remains & their descripton of a young girl. It turned out to be a 20 year old, weighed 135 or so. I'm not sure I could deteremine skeletal remains age upon sight though anymore than anyone else. I'm sure it's haunting though. My thoughts are with the finders of the missing too.

Length of time to determine depends on what labs forensic samples are sent to. Each state varies. Maybe FBI has stepped in and that's why it's taking so long & not much is released. That means something big imo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good afternoon . . . Attagurl here from SC. To answer the question about hair or teeth . . . depending on whether the body was buried, left out in the elements, or under water . . . remains decompose rather quickly and the hair can fall out within 24 hours of death . . . as well as teeth.

Secondly . . . we have a case here in SC - a 20 year old young woman who has been missing since Dec. 18th. The couple (hubby and wife) who are in custody, drive to Florida 3-4 times a year to go to Disney World (they actually went to FL in January after her disappearance). Horry County SC police have notified FL police in the event it is this young girl, as the remains have never been found.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good afternoon . . . Attagurl here from SC. To answer the question about hair or teeth . . . depending on whether the body was buried, left out in the elements, or under water . . . remains decompose rather quickly and the hair can fall out within 24 hours of death . . . as well as teeth.

Secondly . . . we have a case here in SC - a 20 year old young woman who has been missing since Dec. 18th. The couple (hubby and wife) who are in custody, drive to Florida 3-4 times a year to go to Disney World (they actually went to FL in January after her disappearance). Horry County SC police have notified FL police in the event it is this young girl, as the remains have never been found.

It was posted in the beginning of this thread that the skull found was that of a child, Not small enough to be an infant but not large enough to be an adult. The garbage bag had significant growth through it and it was found after several trees and bushes were cut back. I think it has been there for more than the 3 months she had been missing at the time it was found. as always JMHO.

I keep getting on here to check....... I hope that something comes out in the next few days.

It was posted in the beginning of this thread that the skull found was that of a child, Not small enough to be an infant but not large enough to be an adult. The garbage bag had significant growth through it and it was found after several trees and bushes were cut back. I think it has been there for more than the 3 months she had been missing at the time it was found. as always JMHO.

We had a person of unknown training guessing it was a child. That person might have been right, but frequently those initial guesses are way off base for whatever reason.

We had a person of unknown training guessing it was a child. That person might have been right, but frequently those initial guesses are way off base for whatever reason.
The man that found the remains didn't "guess". He stated that a deputy told him it was a small (female) child. The deputy could be wrong as well, I suppose but he/she has probably seen bodies before.

No matter what, IMO, there is no way this could be Heather Elvis because of the facts stated by C4H

The man that found the remains didn't "guess". He stated that a deputy told him it was a small (female) child. The deputy could be wrong as well, I suppose but he/she has probably seen bodies before.

No matter what, IMO, there is no way this could be Heather Elvis because of the facts stated by C4H

I meant it was the deputy who guessed, yes. Because even if the deputy was a trained forensics expert, s/he didn't have time to do a careful examination. Their guess might be more educated than yours or mine, and it might well be correct, but it was still a guess.

There are other circumstances that make me suspect the guess might be a correct one.

I totally agree about it not being Heather.

If the deputy thinks this was a small female child, then I am thinking she was either wearing clothing for a girl child, or had long hair, or something to tip him off as to the remains being female. Before puberty it would be difficult for an untrained person to determine sex by the pelvic bones. I also am assuming the remains were too small to be an adult or adolescent.

This is ridiculous. It's been over a month since the remains were sent to UF for testing. What's taking so long??

Should one of us call the sheriff's office and ask if there's any new info? Or at least ask if an identity has been established (even if they can't release it)? I can call if nobody else wants to

Some of the techniques for multiplying trace DNA in old remains require literally weeks to run, and may have to be repeated. That's just to get enough DNA to test. And we don't know whether it's the highest priority case in their queue. It wouldn't surprise me if they haven't even started the examination yet.

This is ridiculous. It's been over a month since the remains were sent to UF for testing. What's taking so long??

Should one of us call the sheriff's office and ask if there's any new info? Or at least ask if an identity has been established (even if they can't release it)? I can call if nobody else wants to

I agree. They should at least put out the preliminary findings.

I feel it's reasonable to expect that by this time at least one or more of the missing young girls from nearby areas could have been crossed off the list of possibilities just by using the process of elimination. JMO but I feel that some useful information should have been gleaned by now. So, they might not know who it is but they should at least know who it isn't, KWIM? Identifying a T Rex from a fossil has been done faster than this. Just venting here but I'm just not a patient person.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmers_91
Back