FL FL - Olof Tobias Hallin, 42, Endangered, vehicle abandoned in Palmetto, he was last seen at a Publix in Doral, 14 Nov 2023

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1700657091671.png

PALMETTO, Fla. - Investigators are continuing to search for a man who is being considered missing and endangered after his car was found in Palmetto.

The Manatee County Sheriff's Office said there haven't been any reported sightings of 42-year-old Tobias Hallin in nearly a week. He also hasn't been in contact with his family, authorities said.

Randy Warren, spokesperson for Manatee County Sheriff’s Office, tells ABC7′s Brigham Harris that MCSO deputies were in Miami on Tuesday working with the family, searching through cell phones and laptops for any type of information.

“We are investigating this thoroughly and we don’t want to miss anything that can help us find him alive and well. Unfortunately, as time goes by with each passing day its becoming more and more concerning,” said Warren.

Anyone with information on Olof’s whereabouts is asked to contact the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office at 941-747-3011.

Manatee Sheriff

@ManateeSheriff

MISSING: Deputies need help locating 42-yr-old Olof Tobias Hallin. His vehicle was located in the 4500 Block of Old US 41 N., Palmetto & his family has not heard from him since last night (11/14). He is 6’3”, 210 lbs. with blonde hair. Have info? Call MCSO at 941-747-3011.

Manatee Sheriff

@ManateeSheriff
MISSING: These are images of Olof Tobias Hallin, 42, at a Publix in Doral, FL on 11/14/23 that show the clothing he was last seen wearing (a black long-sleeve shirt, dark pants, black hat, and glasses). Details below. If you have any info, call MCSO at 941-747-3011.

If his vehicle was in Palmetto, how the heck did he get to Doral? That's like a 4 hour drive and we don't have much in the way of public transportation here. Maybe someone drove him there?

ETA, so it appears he's from Miami area and his car was found in Palmetto.

There are many cameras between Doral, FL (Miami area) to Palmetto, FL (Bradenton area). That would give them a timeline of any stops. The question is why Palmetto? It is not widely known like Tampa.

The area in Palmetto where his car was found is not densely populated. It is right where US 41N connects to I-275. There are restaurants, RV parks, mobile home park and businesses along the water areas. There is an aquatic preserve and state park trailhead. It would only be maybe 3-4 miles to the Sunshine Skyway Bridge.

1700708501041.png

1700708665024.png

According to this article, he was traveling to Manatee county for business and had done so in the past. Exactly what sort of business is very unclear in the article. International business finance with references to Dubai, Hong Kong, Miami, and Stockholm in his Linkedin. 'It's very suspicious': Florida man vanishes, vehicle found abandoned in Palmetto
Hmmm. This doesn't sound good. What kind of personal items? Briefcase, laptop, cell phone, wallet, suitcase, etc?

Snip
"Our questions are what everybody else is asking. ‘Where is he now? What would cause somebody to walk away from their vehicle, leave personal items behind?’" said Warren.

TOBIAS-HALLIN-1.jpg

"It’s very suspicious, because it doesn’t seem to make sense why someone would travel from South Florida to up here, never make it home, and we find the vehicle has been left there," said Randy Warren with MCSO.

According to deputies, his vehicle was found in the 4500 block of Old US 41 North in Palmetto. Surveillance cameras show Hallin at a Publix in Doral on November 14 before deputies said he traveled to Manatee County for business.

"Our questions are what everybody else is asking. ‘Where is he now? What would cause somebody to walk away from their vehicle, leave personal items behind?’" said Warren
*video:

Olof Tobias Hallin

According to his family, he drove from the Miami area to Manatee County on business on Tuesday, Nov. 14. Detectives are looking at his recent business dealings and what led up to his disappearance

TOBIAS-HALLIN-1.jpg

"It’s very suspicious, because it doesn’t seem to make sense why someone would travel from South Florida to up here, never make it home, and we find the vehicle has been left there," said Randy Warren with MCSO.

According to deputies, his vehicle was found in the 4500 block of Old US 41 North in Palmetto. Surveillance cameras show Hallin at a Publix in Doral on November 14 before deputies said he traveled to Manatee County for business.

"Our questions are what everybody else is asking. ‘Where is he now? What would cause somebody to walk away from their vehicle, leave personal items behind?’" said Warren
*video:
what would cause him to walk him away from his personal vehicle? This statement is very telling. This means there is no sign of a forced break-in or trauma taking place in his car.

LE is VERY tight lipped, if there were “foul play” IMO there would be more… we know the location and there are PLENTY of cameras in this area. the bar CCTV has yet to be release witch means NOTHING happened there or they’d have released a description

His ig was last used in 2018, so not much useful info there. I've only done a surface search, but I can't find him linked to any established businesses. He appears in a 2012 round table publication as a portfolio manager: https://www.eurex.com/resource/blob...fb923/data/opalesque_roundtables_hongkong.pdf

I know this is 10 years ago.... but I'm having trouble identifying his title....
"Portfolio Manager" "Seeker Advisors"\

Has anyone been able to track what "Seeker Advisors" is....

There are many cameras between Doral, FL (Miami area) to Palmetto, FL (Bradenton area). That would give them a timeline of any stops. The question is why Palmetto? It is not widely known like Tampa.

The area in Palmetto where his car was found is not densely populated. It is right where US 41N connects to I-275. There are restaurants, RV parks, mobile home park and businesses along the water areas. There is an aquatic preserve and state park trailhead. It would only be maybe 3-4 miles to the Sunshine Skyway Bridge.

View attachment 463182

View attachment 463183
I'd really like to nail down where exactly his car was found.

Some say it was found near Old U.S. 41 & I-275, some say it was found at Peggy's Coral aka the 4500 block of Old U.S. 41 and Payroll Nerd you have placed your marker at drug deal spot. o_O

If one takes a google map street view journey around Rubonia Mini Mart in Palmetto you will see a succession of vehicles (first a white truck then a black mustang) pull up to a designated spot where a guy wearing a belt bag drops something in people's passenger seats and they lean over to pick it up.

1701181132475.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
I'd really like to nail down where exactly his car was found.

Some say it was found near Old U.S. 41 & I-275, some say it was found at Peggy's Coral aka the 4500 block of Old U.S. 41 (pinpointed below) and Payroll Nerd you have placed your marker at drug deal spot. o_O

If one takes a google map street view journey around Rubonia Mini Mart in Palmetto you will see a succession of vehicles (first a white truck then a black mustang) pulling up to a designated spot where a guy wearing a belt bag drops something in people's passenger seats and they lean over to pick it up.

View attachment 464317
I used the MCSO’s location that was in MSM. The map pinned the spot, it wasn’t something I intentionally chose.

If there are other locations, or a known reputation, they need a MSM link.

(I could literally drive to this area, as I live in Sarasota.)

4500 Block of Old US 41 N., Palmetto

Looks like he was (is?) a defendant in a fraud case with these guys, who were sentenced for firearms crimes and money laundering involving a Mexican cartel:

Gold Dealers Sentenced for Financial Crimes and Gun Crimes

Was thinking a guy "in international business finance" wouldn't have parked his car in that place if he was going to a business meeting, but now I'm wondering what kind of "business" was he doing?

My first thought was "Nicholas Francisco", then car-jacking. But the relative's wording is off to me like they're hiding something and the fundraiser is off too.
jmo

(Also it's SeekerS Advisors. Some Hong Kong company)

I know this is 10 years ago.... but I'm having trouble identifying his title....
"Portfolio Manager" "Seeker Advisors"\

Has anyone been able to track what "Seeker Advisors" is....

I have worked in finance for the past 13 years so this is all personal experience. I don't know how sure I am he works in finance he isn't listed with FINRA. Doesn't mean he isn't but I don't know anyone who isn't that is a "portfolio manager", very odd to me.
Here's the link to check it's free and very easy to use: BrokerCheck - Find a broker, investment or financial advisor

I found something!

James Warren was an officer at Global Gold Exchange of Nevada LLC. Tobias is a member of that LLC.

Warren and 2 codefendants from Global Gold Exchange LLC, assuming the same company, were sentenced for financial crimes and gun crimes in 2021. Gold Dealers Sentenced for Financial Crimes and Gun Crimes

Note that Tobias was not sentenced, but he's a registered member of the LLC...

Looks like he was (is?) a defendant in a fraud case with these guys, who were sentenced for firearms crimes and money laundering involving a Mexican cartel:

Gold Dealers Sentenced for Financial Crimes and Gun Crimes

Was thinking a guy "in international business finance" wouldn't have parked his car in that place if he was going to a business meeting, but now I'm wondering what kind of "business" was he doing?

My first thought was "Nicholas Francisco", then car-jacking. But the relative's wording is off to me like they're hiding something and the fundraiser is off too.
jmo

(Also it's SeekerS Advisors. Some Hong Kong company)
Dang it, you posted as I was typing lol.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radnewal
Back