FL FL - Olof Tobias Hallin, 42, Endangered, vehicle abandoned in Palmetto, he was last seen at a Publix in Doral, 14 Nov 2023

Purposely is the key word, imo. He has a new phone, likely new ID (imo), new life. My opinion only, subject to change as we learn more.

jmo
that’s crazy!!!! but it adds up on why certain things you’d expect to see happen havent. Insurance fraud possibly?? they got married, he disappears she collects the life insurance.

Forgive me for asking but his first name isn't common. Is he originally from another country?
I don't know where he is from or what citizenship he currently has, but his instagram bio shows different city names, which I'm assuming are places he either has lived or where he conducts business:

Stockholm - Miami - Hong Kong - Dubai​

I don't know where he is from or what citizenship he currently has, but his instagram bio shows different city names, which I'm assuming are places he either has lived or where he conducts business:

good find!

good find!

in o of his posts he says “tourist in my own town” and he tags stolkholm sweden. I bet he’s let the US.

Forgive me for asking but his first name isn't common. Is he originally from another country?
Yes, Olof and Tobias would definitely be used in a Scandinavian name, most likely Norway or Sweden and if he listed Stockholm on his Instagram, then that's the capital of Sweden.

Hallin sounds a Swedish surname too. Hard to say if his parents emigrated to the US and he was born here and he has a US passport - or if he has a Swedish one and was just living in the US.

Either way, if he left the country on a flight, the police would know.

The fact he was involved in Bitcoin and that kind of cryptocurrency trading makes me nervous. He isn't the first person in that would to go missing.

MOO.

Yes, Olof and Tobias would definitely be used in a Scandinavian name, most likely Norway or Sweden and if he listed Stockholm on his Instagram, then that's the capital of Sweden.

Hallin sounds a Swedish surname too. Hard to say if his parents emigrated to the US and he was born here and he has a US passport - or if he has a Swedish one and was just living in the US.

Either way, if he left the country on a flight, the police would know.

The fact he was involved in Bitcoin and that kind of cryptocurrency trading makes me nervous. He isn't the first person in that would to go missing.

MOO.
on his insta he eludes to sweden being his town.

After seeing his insta I was super surprised to see he has a wife- no mention or pics of her on the insta- but then again, the insta account hadn't been updated in some time, last post is from 2018. Pic of him with a kid is seemingly his nephew.

Tragic to see someone find their loved one missing, and someone has to know more about this guy, he seems way too high profile to just disappear unwillingly.

I feel like I also read somewhere that he is originally from Sweden. Regardless, he is very well traveled and probably quite comfortable living in various international cities. He would almost certainly have a passport, although it would be very easy to do a check and see if it had been used. That said, he may have had a way to get another passport...he just seems like he might have been resourceful in that way. Not meaning to speak badly of him but definitely seems like a very worldly guy.

<modsnip: if you can’t link it you can’t discuss it>

If you're going to skip out on your life and run off, Palmetto seems an odd place to leave your car and personal belongings. Why not Tampa International Airport if you're flying out? You could jump on a cruise out of Tampa and just disembark at a port and not get back on the ship, but why not go park at the cruise terminal? There's just not much in Palmetto and no large transportation hub very close by. Only thing I can think of is he met someone that picked him up.

On the other hand, <modsnip>, why would he have left his phone and keys in the car? Leaving the phone indicates to me a desire to not have the phone tracked so now I'm back to he has left on purpose. He seems to be loved/very well liked and has many people that are so concerned for him. I do hope they are able to get answers about where he is and what has happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s silence from his possible spouse KJG. Any thoughts on her involvement in his disappearance? the need for a god fund me? Is she also at risk of disappearing due to Olofs dealings?

so , the weirdest thing ….. olofs wife has deleted ALL her posts asking for help and the go fund me is gone .
You had me hoping he'd been found for a sec.
But looks like she just changed her privacy settings.
The fundraiser is still up and so are the posts by the sheriff's office and her friends and relatives...

You had me hoping he'd been found for a sec.
But looks like she just changed her privacy settings.
The fundraiser is still up and so are the posts by the sheriff's office and her friends and relatives...
isn’t that peculiar though! like if your husband’s missing, why do you private or delete the posts related to finding him? I have a feeling we can anticipate an update in the near future.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back