FL - Sarah Boone, 42, charged with murdering boyfriend Jorge Torres, 42, by leaving him locked in suitcase, Winter Park, Feb 2020

What has SB told or asked of all seven attorneys that results in their refusal to represent her? Is she expecting something illegal or unethical of them? I don't think they refuse to represent SB simply because she is a difficult client. A lot of defendants are difficult but they don't loose seven lawyers.

Well we can only go on what we know of what attorney no.6 reported to the court and what attorney no.7 has said and try to read between the lines.

IMO the biggest clues are her arrest video and the police / detective interview video.

A woman accused of killing her boyfriend by leaving him zipped in a suitcase is getting a new lawyer.

This is the seventh attorney representing Sarah Boone in her second-degree murder case. Boone was arrested in 2020 and went in front of a judge Friday after her latest attorney asked to withdraw.

What has SB told or asked of all seven attorneys that results in their refusal to represent her? Is she expecting something illegal or unethical of them? I don't think they refuse to represent SB simply because she is a difficult client. A lot of defendants are difficult but they don't loose seven lawyers.
She wants a DV defense. They can’t find an expert. She won’t have it any other way.

Or else they’ve told her to plead guilty, and she won’t.

She threatens to sue them.

She threatens their licenses.

There has to be a reason the last lawyer didn’t invite her along for her last court hearing.

8:45 am ET Status Hearing today

DateHearingTimeLocationPagesDoc
6/7/2024Status Hearing - Kraynick, Michael S8:45 AMRoom 12-A On The 12th Floor
5/13/2024CANCELED-Cancelled Trial - Kraynick, Michael S9:00 AMRoom 12-A On The 12th Floor
5/3/2024CANCELED-Cancelled Status Hearing - Kraynick, Michael S9:00 AMRoom 12-A On The 12th Floor
4/12/2024Status Hearing - Kraynick, Michael S (Actual: Kraynick, Michael S)8:45 AMRoom 12-A On The 12th Floor

Orange County Clerk of Courts Records Search

2020-CF-002603-A-O : STATE OF FLORIDA - VS - BOONE, SARAH

Status Hearing happening June 7, rather than today. Shocker! moo
Responding to my post. There was a hearing today, and Sarah Boone appeared in court with another new attorney.

I thought Patricia Cashman, Esq was a new attorney for SB. Geesh, can't keep up with SB. Next hearing is June 7, 2024.

Accused killer #SarahBoone appeared in court with another new attorney representing her.Boone allegedly killed her boyfriend by zipping him up in a suitcase back in 2020 and since then has been on a rollercoaster trying to find an attorney.#CourtTV Will this new attorney stay for the Suitcase Murder Trial?

#SarahBoone's trial was supposed to start May 13 but this new attorney says she needs time to catch up. The next scheduled hearing is June 7.#CourtTV Catch up on the #SuitcaseMurder case here:

"This is the seventh attorney representing Sarah Boone in her second-degree murder case." (BBM)

Hang on... Patricia Cashman? What happened to the most recent one after Bankowitz? I thought that he was number seven...

ETA: According to some quick research it would seem that yes Winston Hobson who was attorney no.7 filed a motion of Withdrawal and Reassignment citing 'irreconcilable differences'.

I'm shocked and also disappointed because the previous judge said that if this happened one more time he would personally scrutinise what was occurring, however, he's off the case now!

Last edited:
Boone is creating ethics problems for all of them, I’d guess? She must have been creating a situation which might cause them to lose their licenses? The judge must be agreeing, otherwise at this stage, s/he wouldn’t be letting them off the hook.

SB is playing everyone. She has no wish to go to trial. In the meantime, she’s getting to spend her incarceration time in jail instead of prison. IMO.

Boone is creating ethics problems for all of them, I’d guess? She must have been creating a situation which might cause them to lose their licenses? The judge must be agreeing, otherwise at this stage, s/he wouldn’t be letting them off the hook.

SB is playing everyone. She has no wish to go to trial. In the meantime, she’s getting to spend her incarceration time in jail instead of prison. IMO.

I wonder if she's also trying to use this time to accumulate days served so that if/when she eventually gets to trial, she (or her attorney du jour) can ask the judge for a sentence of time served, and a release.

What do you think a situation causing counsel to have their licenses revoked would be?

This is a ridiculous waste of time and resources. She is calling the shots to a degree that is nefarious at this point.

It would seem that in addition to her problem of not being able to comprehend why people believe she murdered JT and how a lawyer would handle such a charge, SB also lays into her representation, making allegations they aren't available to take her calls and aren't spending time discussing her case, then writing complaints to the judge about all this. It would appear that Winston Hobson referred to similar issues.

I'm not sure a lawyer would feel safe to work for a client who is making allegations that could call their professionalism into question and jeopardise their career. Let's see how PC plays this one out!?

JMO

Does SB now have a female attorney? If so, is it her first female attorney? Hard to keep up with all the attorney changes! If yes, hopefully they will get along better and this case will proceed. I am of the opinion she doesn't like males too well!

It would seem that in addition to her problem of not being able to comprehend why people believe she murdered JT and how a lawyer would handle such a charge, SB also lays into her representation, making allegations they aren't available to take her calls and aren't spending time discussing her case, then writing complaints to the judge about all this. It would appear that Winston Hobson referred to similar issues.

I'm not sure a lawyer would feel safe to work for a client who is making allegations that could call their professionalism into question and jeopardise their career. Let's see how PC plays this one out!?

JMO

No joke, she is a toxic liability to represent.

What do you think a situation causing counsel to have their licenses revoked would be?

This is a ridiculous waste of time and resources. She is calling the shots to a degree that is nefarious at this point.
I never guessed this could happen until it did in the eyedrops murder. The defense attorneys had to bail before sentencing because their client threatened a position where they could get disbarred.

But attorneys can’t present anything they know for a fact to be a lie, correct? IMO Boone is wanting a defense built on a lie. If the attorney were to proceed, either Boone wouldn’t be getting effective counsel and/or the theory would be a clear lie.

I never guessed this could happen until it did in the eyedrops murder. The defense attorneys had to bail before sentencing because their client threatened a position where they could get disbarred.

But attorneys can’t present anything they know for a fact to be a lie, correct? IMO Boone is wanting a defense built on a lie. If the attorney were to proceed, either Boone wouldn’t be getting effective counsel and/or the theory would be a clear lie.

I suspect in SB's case, she believes her own unique viewpoint and is staunchly committed to it to the point of exclusion of all other rational avenues.

For example, an attorney could know the best route is to take a plea deal but she on the other hand fully believes a judge and jury will see she's innocent. If that were the sort of dynamic arising, how can anyone represent her and know they're doing the best job for their client?

JMO MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80
Back