FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason I was asking so many questions about CWG's original offense in 1992, for which he was found guilty, is because according to TX criminal code (if I'm interpreting it correctly), in certain cases requirement to register can expire ten years after a convict is released from prison, if there are no repeat sex offenses for which they are convicted. I don't have info on what those certain cases might be. Might have to do with the designation of level of offender in that state. If he was designated a low level offender, this law might apply and he might not be required to register in TX at this point in time. In which case, his sex offender info would be removed from the TX registry, per TX sex offender law. Which might be why we can't find his info on the data base.

I can't find records of how much prison time (if any) CWG served for his original TX conviction. I'm assuming he served time. That conviction was adjudicated in 1992 - 17 years ago.

If he is no longer required to register in TX, but is still required to register in FL, might that be why he moved back to TX?

Just wondering...

TX LE insists he has been registed there since 12/08. Indicating it is a requirement. But I guess they keep to themselves? IDK... there is no proof of this I can find in any data bases.. just that TX LE said so to me on phone.. and maybe said same to OPLE, and OPLE may have just accepted it and moved on? If it takes all this time for us, would they have time or inclination to really investigate it if they thought he was in TX?

Grrrr wish they would call back, but I will follow up in am if not.. proof that he was there.. and why is he not on TX registry if he has been registered since 12/08? Wonder if also can tell me time served for first offense in 1992? I will ask... wth...

Yes Kamille, you are correct that it was something that the family would recognize as coming from Somer. It was a real, very small living turtle.
To give you a better idea of the meaning I have another example. I was contacting a friend's grandmother for her and in grandmas hand was a marble, a cats eye marble. I was seriously thinking it wasn't going to mean anything to my friend but I said what I saw anyway. She then told me that when she was younger she had a lazy eye and the Dr. had her put a marble in a pie pan, move the marble around the pie pan and watch it with the lazy eye without moving her head. She stated that since her mother worked, her grandmother would come over twice a day to supervise the exercise and make sure she was doing it right. It truly validated for her that I had grandma. So I can't see it being anything else but a real, tiny turtle.
P.S. Thanks Sadnpod for all that you're doing. For what it's worth I think she was in that park also.

Thank you infinity... for ALL you do....

TX LE insists he has been registed there since 12/08. Indicating it is a requirement. But I guess they keep to themselves? IDK... there is no proof of this I can find in any data bases.. just that TX LE said so to me on phone.. and maybe said same to OPLE, and OPLE may have just accepted it and moved on? If it takes all this time for us, would they have time or inclination to really investigate it if they thought he was in TX?

Grrrr wish they would call back, but I will follow up in am if not.. proof that he was there.. and why is he not on TX registry if he has been registered since 12/08? Wonder if also can tell me time served for first offense in 1992? I will ask... wth...

Thx sad! It's just so confusing why his name doesn't come up in the data base - isn't it? If he's been registered with them since 12/08.

One of the requirements of registry is to not only notify LE at your new place of residence, but to notify LE at current place of residence before you move to new residence. In which case - he failed, since FDLE still thought he was in FL just last month and put out the word that he might be absconded.

Infinity --

What do you think of CWG? I remember your description of the hair -- looks like his! He is only 5'9 -- little guy . . .

almost the size of an adolescent? hmmmm . . .

Well, I sure as heck hope they're not taking the RSO's word for it -- saying he was where he says he was. Mistaken identity or not in the Somer Thompson case. BBL this evening!

Well, that's what they seem to have done when he waltzed in there on 10/23 --

I need a zillion dollars -- I'd pick up anyone who wanted to go and hunt that sucker down!

Instead, I'm supposed to be working right now . . .

Wow, I took someone's advice and googled the Shannon case and found the following link which turns my stomach, It has probably been posted before...
http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=40267
Killing cycle appears ro be 2 years apart. There are a couple of common things here with ST: outgoing "never knew a stranger" and youngest daughter, correct? Construction site is relevant. Sketch has an unmistakeable resemblance (already mentioned). Another thing is the previous disappearances were days apart, each within 2 years. However, all linked you could probably say at the beginning of each school year... all seem to be around the time that school lets out.
One section towards the end of the article that stands out the most:
Cops believe there are too many similarities to ignore - all the girls were 11-years-old, from trailer parks, youngest daughters, very outgoing and social, lived in suburbs, and had wilderness refuges and active construction sites near them. Possibly the most chilling similarity is the fact that all the girls disappeared within days of each other exactly two years apart.

"Investigators fear that if these cases are related, they could be hunting a serial child killer. The concern is that he might be an anniversary killer - someone who only hunts during a certain time of year. If this is the case, this killer strikes in August every two years. While no girls went missing in August of 2005, Det. Furlong fears he could have changed locations and struck somewhere else, or been put in prison for another crime. While jail-time might keep him from killing now, it won't stop him from killing again when he gets out."

Thx sad! It's just so confusing why his name doesn't come up in the data base - isn't it? If he's been registered with them since 12/08.

One of the requirements of registry is to not only notify LE at your new place of residence, but to notify LE at current place of residence before you move to new residence. In which case - he failed, since FDLE still thought he was in FL just last month and put out the word that he might be absconded.

And the really maddening part is - if I'm reading this correctly - it's not the first time he's failed to register!!!!!!!!

GRAHAM, CLAYTON WILLIAM 2000-020629

[SNIPPED...]Charge Number 1 Statute: 943.0435(9) SEXUAL OFFENDER-FAIL TO REGISTER AS A SEXUAL OFFENDER Charge on arrest docket: FAIL TO REGISTER AS A SEXUAL OFFENDER Bond Type: SBN Bond Number: BB924709 Purge Number: Purge/Bond Amount: 1,000.00 Surety: 0.00 Cash: 0.00 Bond Exp.: SBN BB 924709 FOR 1000.00 Disposition: SBN Upgrade/Reduction:

And the really maddening part is - if I'm reading this correctly - it's not the first time he's failed to register!!!!!!!!

I know!!!!! You'd think he'd get it by now!!! And did you notice how minuscule his bail was? $1000.

edit: removed info in quote on CWG

Infinity...

This is crazy... I went out on front porch to get a breath and was thinking about that park.. and lil ST, yea tearin up... when the neighbor kid came over to show me what his gpa had brought him from NC (of all places) a tiny turtle, in a plastic container with an island in the middle... chilled me to the bone...

and I promised her we will not quit
and no matter what anyone says.. I wont.. even if I dont know what the heck im doin..

The M**n Bar that was listed as his place of employment on the MPR closed abut a year ago - right? That coincides with the date TX says they have him as last registering. Maybe he moved back to TX after the bar closed (last year), but just failed to notify FDLE of his intent to relocate.

But I still want to know why he's not coming up in the TX database!

I just wanted to note something else. My intent is not to cause anyone to get off topic or distracted. I am trying to keep up with all of you and when I find something that is one off I try to chime in. I do not post as much as i would like to and it is probably because I do not have nearly the amount of knowledge that you all have (it took me forever to go back to thread 13!). I read a couple of posts ago how people woul post to try and distract and just wanted to make sure I stated my intent.
Thanks for the good reading everyone, I will stay quiet until something pops up again.

GRAHAM, CLAYTON WILLIAM 2000-020629

[SNIPPED...]Charge Number 1 Statute: 943.0435(9) SEXUAL OFFENDER-FAIL TO REGISTER AS A SEXUAL OFFENDER Charge on arrest docket: FAIL TO REGISTER AS A SEXUAL OFFENDER Bond Type: SBN Bond Number: BB924709 Purge Number: Purge/Bond Amount: 1,000.00 Surety: 0.00 Cash: 0.00 Bond Exp.: SBN BB 924709 FOR 1000.00 Disposition: SBN Upgrade/Reduction:

And what is also maddening -- how many, many times LE comes out after a crime like this saying, "We've checked on 90 RSO's in the past ONE DAY!!!" and all of the RSO's are accounted for, and " (in essence) say they don't know anything!!!" --

This just PROVES that they can't go through all of them in a 24-hour time period!

Infinity --

What do you think of CWG? I remember your description of the hair -- looks like his! He is only 5'9 -- little guy . . .

almost the size of an adolescent? hmmmm . . .

It wasn't just the size, I saw a young man/big kid whatever you want to call him. Young face, young body, with a skateboard. I'm sorry............but that's what I saw. Please take a second, click on "Infinity" and read my posts. That's all I know, but that's what I KNOW, you know?

Infinity...

This is crazy... I went out on front porch to get a breath and was thinking about that park.. and lil ST, yea tearin up... when the neighbor kid came over to show me what his gpa had brought him from NC (of all places) a tiny turtle, in a plastic container with an island in the middle... chilled me to the bone...

and I promised her we will not quit
and no matter what anyone says.. I wont.. even if I dont know what the heck im doin..

Oh Sadnpod! I know it's tearing you up that we can't find who did this! It's eating me up too! I think Somer is trying to tell you whatever you were thinking in the park, the skatepark, the place where you they told you there were turtles, you were on the right track. I think you are doing sooo good! Really putting out the effort to retrace her last steps. There's nobody on here that could do more than that! You give so much from your heart! I don't know you but I have so much admiration for you. This monster will be found, and no we won't quit until he is, each of us in our own way will fight for justice for Somer!!! Blessings!!

I have old notes about CWG. I'm sorry, but I can't remember who dug it all up.

He got married at 18 in September 1990. His wife was 17. They divorced in July 1991. They were barely married long enough to have one child. Could only find records of one child.

I'm going to dig and see if that child lives in Texas, or the ex.

When was his first conviction? 1992?

Oh ya, he drives a motorcycle. I remember stating way back that if I was 7, and mad at my siblings, I might take a ride with a guy on a Yamaha.

I was thinking about the facts as we know them and whether Somer had tendency to wander off. I've got to get this out of my head and in a post and then I'll phrase it better.

The babysitter said there was a list of friends to call, and when she'd been on the phone with one of the parents, Somer would come in.

DT said this time was different. If Somer did have a tendency to wander off, how was this time different?

If she always came home on time, then this time would be different because she hadn't come home on time.

Babysitter comment would be easy enough to check with friends of family if they were often getting calls "Is Somer there?"...

Just wondering if family called her Turtle or gave her turtle because she was so slow ... sort of family joke. JMO

Reminder to not copy and paste ANYTHING from the SO sites. We can only link to the sites.

You can give a brief description of what you want us to look at.

I was thinking about the facts as we know them and whether Somer had tendency to wander off. I've got to get this out of my head and in a post and then I'll phrase it better.

The babysitter said there was a list of friends to call, and when she'd been on the phone with one of the parents, Somer would come in.

DT said this time was different. If Somer did not have a tendency to wander off, how was this time different?

If she always came home on time, then this time would be different.

Just wondering if family called her Turtle or gave her turtle because she was so slow ... sort of family joke. JMO

I also have wondered why this time was different, and also if it was a nickname because she kept bringing turtles home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member