General discussion thread No. 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love for this to be true, but a question...

If she saw the child wrapped in a blanket, how did she also see the pink pyjamas, the same as Madeleine's?

Oh Rino....didn't you hear?

Look at our posts on this thread yesterday (http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1690380&postcount=302). The latest is that there was no blanket...

But as another poster said the PJ have completely rulled out this "bundle man" and based on the way Team McCann keep changing things I feel more comfortable with what the PJ say.

I do not know for sure but here is what I have been able to find online so far this evening to use as source links. (I am sure that there are others here better at finding such things out than I am. Hopefully they will post sources for us.)

" . . .Given that Mrs McCann discovered Madeleine was missing at 10pm, this would mean the youngster died some time between being collected from a creche at 6.30pm . . ."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/08/12/wmaddy112.xml
" . . . GRACE: Amy, I, for the life of me, cannot establish a timeline. Out to Emily Chang in Rothley, England, none of these guests that had dinner with the McCanns can place Maddy at any time that evening. Nobody saw Maddy alive. What time was the last time Maddy was seen alive by anybody other than the parents? . . ."

" . . . CHANG: Well, the last time Maddy was seen alive was about 2 1/2 hours before the McCanns went to dinner. And their account of what happened hangs on the accounts of about seven friends that they were having dinner with. And all of those friends have come out publicly supporting them, the McCanns, proclaiming their innocence. However, not all of them have -- we don`t know exactly what they`ve said to police. . . ."
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0709/13/ng.01.html

Note: I bolded certain parts of the CNN excerpt.

Thanks for that Doc, it was helpful yes.

One more thing, then I'll stop hogging the thread ...

If Madeleine was in 'creche' every single day, who knows who might've been in a position to observe her, observe the family, etc.? Do resorts do background checks on their childcare employees? I sure hope so, but someone could have been paid a lot of money to research the current crop of children. Ick.

You would think they would, like people who worked in the Creche.

God knows sickos gravitate towards jobs that allow them to be near children.

I do not know for sure but here is what I have been able to find online so far this evening to use as source links. (I am sure that there are others here better at finding such things out than I am. Hopefully they will post sources for us.)

" . . .Given that Mrs McCann discovered Madeleine was missing at 10pm, this would mean the youngster died some time between being collected from a creche at 6.30pm . . ."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/08/12/wmaddy112.xml
" . . . GRACE: Amy, I, for the life of me, cannot establish a timeline. Out to Emily Chang in Rothley, England, none of these guests that had dinner with the McCanns can place Maddy at any time that evening. Nobody saw Maddy alive. What time was the last time Maddy was seen alive by anybody other than the parents? . . ."

" . . . CHANG: Well, the last time Maddy was seen alive was about 2 1/2 hours before the McCanns went to dinner. And their account of what happened hangs on the accounts of about seven friends that they were having dinner with. And all of those friends have come out publicly supporting them, the McCanns, proclaiming their innocence. However, not all of them have -- we don`t know exactly what they`ve said to police. . . ."
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0709/13/ng.01.html

Note: I bolded certain parts of the CNN excerpt.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/...s+last+dance+with+little+Madeleine/article.do

I think the question should be where were both the McCann's, all 3 children and the people who ate dinner with the adult McCann's later that night.

Madeleine: Now the Portuguese police focus on the missing six hours

Where was Kate between last photo and arrival at tapas bar?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...id=483027&in_page_id=1770&ICO=NEWS&ICL=TOPART

That's a good question. I don't know when we'll find out the answer, though. :( From your link:

"The dispute means the movements of the McCanns in the crucial hours leading up to Madeleine's disappearance have yet to be established, although the McCanns are prevented from discussing this due to the strict Portuguese legal system."

OK, I am really tired tonight, but I have to post this before going to bed.

More questions instead of answers about the timeline:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2507708.ece

The McCann family friend said: “Madeleine went to the kids’ club in the afternoon, after the photograph was taken at the pool. There are written records and witnesses.

“Madeleine was there while Kate and Gerry played tennis with the tennis professional and other witnesses. She had high tea at 5.30pm with staff at the kids’ club. She was picked up shortly before 6pm by Kate and Gerry.

“After that Kate and Gerry went home, got the kids ready for bed and got ready to go out for their meal.

“Kate was never alone with Madeleine that afternoon. There were always other witnesses present.” The source added: “These details were all given to detectives during police interviews, so they know what Kate and Gerry said happened that day.”

The latest account of what happened on May 3 emerged after a restaurant owner in the resort claimed to have seen the couple having tea with their daughter.

But then:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...id=483027&in_page_id=1770&ICO=NEWS&ICL=TOPART

On 3 May the McCanns were first at the table, arriving at 8.40pm. They were joined by the Oldfields at 8.45pm with the rest of the party following. Mr McCann made his first check on his children at 9.05pm and Mr Oldfield volunteered to go on behalf of the McCanns at 9.30pm. He entered the apartment through the unlocked patio doors but rather than entering the children's bedroom listened for any noise at the door.

Follow my rather tired train of thought:

The first article says "Picked up before 6" and taken home.

The second article says "Arrived at 8:40" at the restaurant.

Give or take a few minutes, that could still be nearly 3 hours when all we have is the word of the McCann's that Madeleine was alive and well. We don't know what happened. They say they "put the children to bed." Fine, but what else did they do for three hours?

It's still too vague and doesn't prove anything. I mean, yes, they could have just been reading stories or giving baths. Fine, but then, it is still a fact that Madeleine was not seen for those three hours, so all the spin in the world cannot "create" some new witnesses to those hours inside the apartment.

It's just the McCann's word against the police. Still . . . nothing really knew except they are spinning it differently. Madeleine still could have disappeared during the three hours before dinner, even if she was at the resort daycare until "before 6."

I must also point out that nearly none of that is new, except that Maddie was "seen" by others in the afternoon.

This article from Sept. 7 has nearly the same info, but the times are a little different:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/crime/article/0,,2164779,00.html

Madeleine had attended crèche that afternoon at the Ocean Club resort where they were staying, and was collected at 6pm. At 8.30pm the couple joined their friends at the dinner table, but they have insisted the children were looked in on at approximately half-hourly intervals. At 10pm, Kate McCann' discovered her daughter was gone.

I still have a feeling Russell O'Brien is involved. His time was unaccounted for, gone during most of the Tapas dinner. He claimed his daughter was sick and throwing up all over the place, and at one point the PJ announced he was suspected of killing Madeleine. And you also have Jane Tanner doing her best to implicate the mysterious stranger carrying a child in pajamas. What is wrong with this picture?

I still have a feeling Russell O'Brien is involved. His time was unaccounted for, gone during most of the Tapas dinner. He claimed his daughter was sick and throwing up all over the place, and at one point the PJ announced he was suspected of killing Madeleine. And you also have Jane Tanner doing her best to implicate the mysterious stranger carrying a child in pajamas. What is wrong with this picture?
I think there is a whole lot wrong with this picture Calikid, and the longer it goes on the less we find out, or if new news does come out, its false.
When are we going to find out the truth.

CaliKid, I totally agree. I think he is involved, too. I wish I could shake the feeling that the McCann parents are involved, too, though, and I just can't.

I think this must mean that officially Jane Tanner's testimony has been discounted as being of significance, as well as the other Tapas diners who insisted they had seen Murat that night.

Whatever the evidence on the McCanns is, there doesn't seem to be any on Murat unless it's the "We saw him here" variety.

As they say on sports talk radio, long time listener first time caller
I have a couple of questions/comments

Weren't there any video security cameras at the resort ?
What kind of key was used for the doors, regular key or card key?
If card key can the resort track the comings and goings?
Did the friend who checked on Maddie have the McCann's key?

Also I am curious about their finances, 2 doctors, they have to be very well off and yet there is this out pouring of $$ from various people. It just seems odd to me.

When I first heard about the this case, the first thing that struck me was I couldn't believe they left those kids alone like that.

Also I am curious about their finances, 2 doctors, they have to be very well off and yet there is this out pouring of $$ from various people. It just seems odd to me.

When I first heard about the this case, the first thing that struck me was I couldn't believe they left those kids alone like that.

Welcome JMCDAD!

The main thing to remember about this "resort" is that the apartment the McCanns were staying in was privately owned (see: http://www.bookmyvillas.com/villadetails.asp?villaid=10002 ). The apartments are located outside the pool/Tapas Bar area which is surrounded by a 6ft. wall. The only way to access the pool area is through a small security building. This resort consists of a few different areas, some are owned by Mark Warner (Ocean Club) and some are more like timeshares, privately owned and managed by travel agents like Thomas Cook. There are many pictures of the resort in the "Pictures" thread which will give you a better idea.

I have read that no, there are not CCTV cameras all around the resort. Since so much of it is not owned by the resort proper that type of survelliance would have to be installed, maintained and paid for by the individual owners. So there may be some but not extensive. There have been no reports of CCTV footage of anything around the apartment or the Tapas Bar on the night of May 3rd.

If you read in the description of the actual apartment 5A which the McCanns rented (link above, but now that I look further I may be mistaken about this being the actual apartment, but it is probably very similar) you will see mention of a key being needed to lock the front door (turning around twice to lock). Also these are older buildings and again, any new fangled electronics would be installed by the owners. So, it appears there are no key cards involved in these buildings.

The friend who checked on Maddie may have just listened at the bedroom window or may have entered the patio doors which have been reported as having been left unlocked. Nothing known as fact however.

As far as the McCanns finances, again nothing positive but they do live in a house that is reportedly worth $600,000 (pounds) which today would be about $1,200,000 US dollars. I also read that the apartment they rented at the Ocean Club was pricey. Our friend who stayed right across the street paid about $2000 a week for her place (I think). I do not think they were hurtin' for cash...

The leaving the children alone is probably the first thing that struck everyone as odd. Many people have asked why they were not charged with neglect, at the very least. The McCanns have never talked about it other than to defend their actions as being "typical" and "responsible".

Hope that is helpful and again, welcome to the board!!

JMCAD,
Welcome. :p

No publicity of any kind about the door keys. Maybe Colomom can check with her friend who actually visited the resort.

They are being very tight-lipped about the key/unlocked door question. At first reportedly the doors were locked. Then unlocked. Then Kate refused to answer questions about that because of the investigation.

The only thing that doesn't seem to be mentioned is passing the key back and forth, the logical (if you are okay with the locked room scenario) solution.

I don't think there were security cameras at the resort. I guess there are a couple of cameras on a main road leaving the town the resort is in. It's been reported that the police didn't notify those camera operators until the next morning, and didn't review the tapes they had. (That may have changed, the article I'm talking about is older.

I think they were regular keys, though I'm not positive. Much has been made that the parents left the door unlocked.

I think people will send money to help because typically, it's all they can do. I'm not sure the financial situation of the family really comes into play for the most part.

And, you are not alone. Leaving the kids in the room has had a major impact on people's thoughts and opinions related to this case, IMO.

BTW-- Welcome to WS! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member