IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Mason City, 27 June 1995 - Anchorwoman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched Disappeared since I missed parts of it here and there when it aired. It really implicates John Vansice. Again, I don't want to sling mud at the poor guy if he had nothing to do with it, but the whole situation with him is hinky. If Jodi got home from her golf outing and called a friend from her home at 8:24, how could she have been at the guy's place at 8:00?
Maybe his recollection of the time of night was off, and she arrived at his place later than her realized. However, I doubt Jodi went straight to his house after the golf outing, watched the video, then got home by 8:24. I believe that's what LE was referring to when they say the timeline given by Vansice was "really tight". If she left after the phone call, why didn't she mention her plans to her friend's husband, ie, "Well, gotta go, I'm headed to a friend's house". Also, if you are on your way out to a friend's house, you don't stop to call another friend to chat it up, especially after a long day. Also, when he said he was the last person to "see Jodi alive"-whoa-how did he know she wasn't alive? She hadn't even been missing for very long.

any interested in forensic astrology (this has nothing to do with "psychics" or "mediums"):
very interesting, one was done for Jodi as to what happened to her, where she is and who did it supposedly, it will post the link and let you read for yourself to decide:)
http://forensicastrology.blogspot.com/2011/08/jodi-huisentruit.html

I always find her (I assume the astrologist is a her?) posts so fascinating!

If I interpret her chart readings correctly, they match my original instinct.

I can't get any of the links to pull from the www.findjodi.com website.

Is anyone else able to? No matter if I type it in, use a search engine to click, or use a link from further back in the thread, I get nothing. The WhoIs on the domain states it is registered until 2018.

I can't get any of the links to pull from the www.findjodi.com website.

Is anyone else able to? No matter if I type it in, use a search engine to click, or use a link from further back in the thread, I get nothing. The WhoIs on the domain states it is registered until 2018.

Hmmm, it works for me. Try using a different browser.

Can you post the links you are wanting to see?

Hmmm, it works for me. Try using a different browser.

Can you post the links you are wanting to see?

Thanks, M86!

Today it works! I tried yesterday with 3 different browsers & I also checked www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com & it showed it was down as well. Now I have my evening planned since I can read up ;)

I thought her episode on Disappeared was done very nicely, and it put everything together very well.
Like before, I am wary of JVS.The time he claims Jodi came over to watch a video with him after golfing does not align with the phone call she made. However, it would have made more sense if he went to her place...after all the toilet seat was found up, which is very odd considering it was just Jodi who lived there. And maybe he never left-maybe he was waiting for her in the parking lot, which would explain the scene. Also, it would take a stalker or someone who knew her well and her routine to know when she was leaving for work...but she was late that day, so even the regular stalker might have left after her normal time she left her apartment for work came and went. It also bugged me how he talked about her in past tense in those interviews they showed...
I don't want to say it was for sure JVS, as I know it turns on tunnel vision-who knows, it could very well have been someone else...but usually it's someone the person knows vs. a random serial killer.
I think it is possible that he wanted to be in a relationship with Jodi, but it seems she was not a girl who desired to be with someone-she was very career minded. That could be a possible motive-he did throw a surprise party for her, and it was mentioned on Disappeared she was thrilled because she was always throwing the parties for everyone else, so that right there may show the extent to his feelings for her...and maybe if she denied him, that upset him, because he did seem like the playboy type who thought he could have any woman he wanted, so her denying him, being a local celebrity and all, would be a major blow to his ego...and, well, he was the last one to see her...alive.

I am very sad to hear her mom is in a nursing home now...I remember years back seeing her on the local news advocating for her missing daughter...so sad, I really hope answers will be found before she passes.

Also, lest we forget, the Police Officer said, they found the "toilet seat up" in Jodie's apartment, which to them meant, a man was there in the apt.

The toilet seat being up may be a red herring designed to point us away from the possibility of a woman committing this crime.

^^^ that's what i was thinking to! Just because the toilet seat was up doesn't necessarily mean a man had committed the crime.

I believe that Jodi did not receive a wake up call that morning, that she would have been on time. This stalker didn't have to wait for the prey. I also believe that Jodi was part of a lover’s triangle, which was the motive for the attack.

I believe that Jodi did not receive a wake up call that morning, that she would have been on time. This stalker didn't have to wait for the prey. I also believe that Jodi was part of a lover’s triangle, which was the motive for the attack.

:wagon: to Websleuths, ThunderKloud. :seeya:

Thanks for your thoughts and post on Jodi's thread! :gthanks:

So you think 3 members of LE are not involved contrary to what was indicated by a former female officer and two informants?

Regarding the toilet seat being up- Jodi could have left it up herself. If you follow the abductor in the parking lot (and not someone in her apartment) theory, she had slept in that morning, which was unlike her. I wonder if she had possibly been sick during the night, I know when I spend time kneeling in front of the toilet, I do it with the seat up.

You would have thought the police would have considered Jodi’s apartment as an extension of the crime scene and dusted the place for prints, which would include the raised toilet seat.

Nearly two decades since Huisentruit disappeared, investigators are no closer to solving one of the state's greatest mysteries.

"It’s a cold case because it's 18 years old," Lt. Frank Stearns of the Mason City Police Department told FoxNews.com. "But it's not one of those cases that gets stuffed on the shelf. It gets worked constantly."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/1...gleNewsEditorsPicks&google_editors_picks=true

Would it be possible that Jodi was forced to answer the phone call by the unknown assailant, to cover and buy himself more time until Jodi was being searched for?

I just saw this case on 20/20 on ID. So sad that they didn't find her body and don't have a suspect. Someone got away with the perfect murder...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member