IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Mason City, 27 June 1995 - Anchorwoman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely a disturbing case. I grew up in Iowa and remember when this happened very well. Whatever happened to Jodi??

^^^ that's what i was thinking to! Just because the toilet seat was up doesn't necessarily mean a man had committed the crime.

This is true; in my own home when I lived alone *many moons ago* I would throw up the seat to puke, just saying. It's easier to grip. And I knew it was clean because only I used it lol.

I remember this case very well.

On the latest airing of this case of foul play, they left out the LE angle... I wonder why? Hmm...

The LE angle is very interesting. I think it holds some truth because that's not something that has arisen in many other cases, but I've always thought it was a random local stranger who was obsessed with her who was responsible. She was a very pretty girl, very bubbly and likeable and she was on TV, so someone (I'm thinking someone who fits the profile of Mark Chapman) could probably be obsessed with her. I think I heard somewhere that she had some stalkers and they worried her? I can't remember. I think it's possible the perpetrator could be a policeman or a relation to the police and that's what Maria Ohl is talking about. It's very weird the wife of the former police chief sent excerpts from her diary entries to a local paper, which also makes me think of police involvement too, or at least corruption to some extent because his wife is a private citizen and should not be allowed access to what the police have as evidence.

I wonder if she is possibly buried in the perpetrator's backyard or on land owned by them. It's very sad that she still isn't able to be laid to rest like she deserves, but I think once they find the perpetrator and his land, she will be found. She disappeared the day before my birthday so I've always had a special place for this case.

The LE angle is very interesting. I think it holds some truth because that's not something that has arisen in many other cases, but I've always thought it was a random local stranger who was obsessed with her who was responsible. She was a very pretty girl, very bubbly and likeable and she was on TV, so someone (I'm thinking someone who fits the profile of Mark Chapman) could probably be obsessed with her. I think I heard somewhere that she had some stalkers and they worried her? I can't remember. I think it's possible the perpetrator could be a policeman or a relation to the police and that's what Maria Ohl is talking about. It's very weird the wife of the former police chief sent excerpts from her diary entries to a local paper, which also makes me think of police involvement too, or at least corruption to some extent because his wife is a private citizen and should not be allowed access to what the police have as evidence.

I wonder if she is possibly buried in the perpetrator's backyard or on land owned by them. It's very sad that she still isn't able to be laid to rest like she deserves, but I think once they find the perpetrator and his land, she will be found. She disappeared the day before my birthday so I've always had a special place for this case.

I believe you are right about her being worried about a stalker. I think there is a lot of more detailed information about that on her website. I have also been curious about the excerpts of the journal from the wife...makes me very suspicious of LE & if there has been a cover up or evidence hidden/destroyed.
I have followed this story for a long time. One of the theories I remember hearing was her remains being destroyed at a pig farm, although I can't remember the news article that was from (it was years and years ago). I have also wondered if LE was involved, could it have been because of a story she was involved it reporting? Maybe she knew too much about something?
That theory, along with the guy she was with the night before she vanished and the stalker theory are the three I have always thought likely happened to her. I hope her mother gets answers soon:/ No case can haunt me like this one.

I remember this case very well. I can't even remember the first TV show I first saw it on, but I've seen it featured on more than one. I also watched the ep of Disappeared that featured this case. I really can't believe this case has never been solved. It honestly does not seem like it was planned by some master criminal. And there was so much pressure to solve it. It just seems like one that would be solved, but then again, if her body was disposed of well enough, it could be impossible to solve.

One thing I will say is that I have NO doubt that Jodi had a stalker or stalkers. I think pretty much every female news reporter (and some men; I saw a story about a local weatherman who had to quit his job and move to a whole different city because some guy was stalking the hell out of him and his family) has them. Now, whether any of those stalkers were responsible for her disappearance, I have no idea.

JVS is definitely a suspicious character in all this. But he also could just be someone who really, really liked her, and felt closer to her than he really was, and so he inserted himself into the investigation. Hard to know without any kind of definitive physical evidence, of which there is none.

Basically, I am baffled. Totally baffled. I do hope she is found and this case can be solved.

Bump! Saw her episode yesterday on ID. I think it was the guy in the van that had something to do with it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Jodi's case is local to my area. There have been sooo many twists and turns, from the false confession of the girl who claimed to see her murdered, to the remains found that were thought to be hers to the multiple searches in farm areas, including the rumor that her remains were "fed to the pigs". I just want her mother to have answers before she leaves this world.

It fascinates me how people can just disappear and there is like NO trace of them. There had to be a witness somewhere that saw something!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I remember this case very well. Both Jodi's and the case of the Springfield 3 scared the living day lights out of me back in the day. I too think she had a stalker. It's been so many years. I just hope that her family will get the answers that they've been looking for.

Just finished rewatching my recorded episode of "Disappeared". Every time I watch it I seem to notice new details.
1. I don't particularly think the lifted toilet seat means anything. There doesn't seem to be any indication a man was there with her, and the lady from the news station who called Jodi believed she had woken her out of sleep, so I just don't think there was any type of altercation going on in the apartment that morning. I still think she may have been sick in the toilet before leaving home. Also, if a man had been in the apartment with her, why attack her at her car when it would have been so much easier to do so inside?
2. The white van. According to "Disappeared" only one person reported the van. It may or may not have had anything to do with this case. Sitting there idling with your parking lights on would seem to be drawing attention to yourself and isn't very stealthy, although Jodi's abductor was not necessarily a genius, so I'm still iffy about the van.
3. The case of Jodi's friend whom she did not believe committed suicide. From what info has been released on the scene where he was found, suicide sounds unlikely. Who buys a $200,000 tractor, drives it home, then walks into the house and kills themselves? It just doesn't come together very well, and it could be that whoever killed her friend thought it best to do away with Jodi since she had vowed to look into the incident.
4. The man who wrote the "stiffin in Tiffin" thing. There wasn't enough detail about him in the episode for me to form much of an opinion on him either way.
5. The man who is in jail for sexual offenses, also owned a white van, and was known to carry around handcuffs etc (like Ted Bundy). He does sound suspicious and I hope he is still considered a POI.
6. Vansyce still seems like a good POI to me. Talking about Jodi in the past tense within 24 hours of her disappearance doesn't sit well with me, along with him stating he was the last person to see her alive. Why would a person say that? Certainly when someone is abducted we fear they have been killed, but until you know for sure, it seems an odd turn of phrase. A close friend of mine died unexpectedly 26 years ago and I still sometimes think of him in the present tense, so I find talking about Jodi in the past tense in the first 24 hours to be more than odd.
7. The stalker theory is still valid but apparently with no suspects.
8. The police angle is interesting and I realize the female officer who brought this to the public has been discredited somewhat, but it did seem odd that the two men who had talked about police involvement have died in mysterious circumstances. One with a syringe next to him but no drugs in his system, the other by stab wounds. The episode did not give much detail about either of these deaths though.
My overall opinion is that Jodi's case is still very much solvable and I hope someday to hear it has been solved and her remains found so that her family may bring her home and have a resting place for her.

Just watched Jodi's "Disappeared" episode. Such a mysterious case. I really wish we knew what happened to Jodi.

The recent arrest of Terri Supino for the Copper Dollar ranch murders is very interesting. JVS had mentioned at one time that he has been a suspect in previous murders before and everyone was thinking he meant these because of his ties to Newton IA. I've always been a believer that JVS was responsible in some way for Jodi's demise but now I'm starting to question many things regarding Amy K.

I know this information has been reported before but seriously deserves some second looks in my opinion. This information was given to me long ago from Jim Feldhaus. Also check out the link below to the Iowa cold case site.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DATE: Early Spring, 1995
EVENT: John VanSice's confrontation with Billy Pruin in OP's Bar in Mason City.
INFORMATION VIA: KAAL-TV investigative reporter Gary Peterson.

While VanSice and Jodi were sitting at a table in OP's Bar Billy Pruin approached Jodi and asked her to dance with him. Jodi agreed and they began to dance. An enraged VanSice walks on to the dance floor, tapped Pruin on the shoulder said, "the dance is over" and "you son of a ***** if I ever see you touch her again your a dead man".
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://iowacoldcases.org/case-summaries/billy-pruin/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member