IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Mason City, 27 June 1995 - Anchorwoman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish they would add this episode and the other remaining ones from season 5 on Netflix!!

I was reading some old posts on the Find Jodi website and came across this post (Link Below). Read the post regarding Dale Wayne Eaton. I didn't think much about it until researching a little farther and noticed that the woman he killed ( Lisa Marie Kimmel ) drove a Honda CRX. Also he is suspected in Carrie Culbersons abduction / murder even though Vincent Doan was charged with it...but he has maintained his innocence all these years. It's interesting that Carrie drove a Honda CRX also. Below the link is information obtained from Jim Feldhaus about Jodi trading off a Honda CRX just a couple weeks prior to her abduction. Very interesting to say the least! Lots of information on the web about Dale Wayne Eaton ( The Great Basin Killer ) and possible linked cases??
http://www.findjodi.com/forum/general-discussion/jodis-abductor/
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DATE: About June 10th, 1995
EVENT: Jodi buys Tom Lessard's 1995 red Mazda Miata sports car with Mason City Skarlis
Olds- Honda taking her white Honda CRX in trade.
INFORMATION VIA: Jodi's relative
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really do not like naming possible suspects against whom no evidence has been found, as I always think people are too quick to do so. In fact, I often chastise others for doing so. But in this case, I will break my own rule. Vancyse. He was totally obsessed with her, and he seems to have been around a lot of acquaintances who have turned up dead. He was working on a farm in 1983 and a couple were murdered inside a barn. He was questioned but never charged with anything. Then there was Jodie's friend who "committed suicide" after driving home a brand new tractor. Shot himself in the chest? Who commits suicide that way? And right after investing $200,000 in a new piece of equipment? He and Vancyse had had a run in over Jodie too. Then of course there was the guy who died in his custody years later when he was a security guard in Phoenix. Far too many people associated with this guy end up dead. And need I mention his obvious, intense obsession with her? Throwing parties for Jodie. Naming his boat "The Jodie". (Creep) Inviting her over to view videos of the party the night before she disappeared? Which would make him the last person to see her alive? I know who I'd be looking at.

Raging Ranter,
I have always thought the same thing. Just how far did this guy take his obsession with Jodi? On her episode of Disappeared, he was described as a party/play boy, who had great interest in Jodi, but was always "friend-zoned" by her. She only wanted friendship, not a relationship, because she had bigger dreams of working at a bigger news place. Maybe getting turned down after being used to getting what he wanted got to him? How far would someone go to get something they can't have? Or someone they can't have?

I don't think any true party/play boys obsess on any woman, almost by definition. Perhaps he was just a wannabe party/play boy trying to play the role for his own image.

I just read _Dead Air_ & I've been following this case for awhile. I always thought Vansice was too strange not to have had something to do with it, but now I'm bothered by something.

If it was someone she knew, why would they decide to take her by force in a public place? That is high risk! Why do that when you could lure Jodi to a private meeting?

The recent arrest of Terri Supino for the Copper Dollar ranch murders is very interesting. JVS had mentioned at one time that he has been a suspect in previous murders before and everyone was thinking he meant these because of his ties to Newton IA. I've always been a believer that JVS was responsible in some way for Jodi's demise but now I'm starting to question many things regarding Amy K.

I am from Iowa, although I only know a little about this case or the Copper Dollar Ranch murders. The little I do know I am not convinced that Terri Supino is guilty and the fact that JVS had ties to both cases is intriguing to me.

I am from Iowa, although I only know a little about this case or the Copper Dollar Ranch murders. The little I do know I am not convinced that Terri Supino is guilty and the fact that JVS had ties to both cases is intriguing to me.

You should research Terri Supino--her rage and anger are overwhelming! I have followed the CDR murders & suspects & I have no doubt that she is responsible.

The murders were personal and full of rage. JMO

Yes, I should do more research on it. I have considered going to the trial when it gets that far. I have many family members that grew up in Newton, I was born but not raised there, and I know people who know people around the case but I don't know anybody involved personally. I could see it being a case I would get attached to if I took the time to research it a bit more. It seems like an intriguing case, I'm surprised there isn't a thread about it on here.

You should research Terri Supino--her rage and anger are overwhelming! I have followed the CDR murders & suspects & I have no doubt that she is responsible.

The murders were personal and full of rage. JMO

I completely agree. She especially disgusted me when they interviewed her on TNT's Cold Justice recently. :furious:

I wanted to watch that but I don't have cable. I take those shows with a grain of salt because they are usually biased one way or another. From the little I know I can see the motive for her, but they've been interviewing her for years and didn't have enough. Unless they have new DNA evidence I would have a hard time convicting her if I was on a jury. Even one of the victim's family members didn't believe she was guilty from what I heard (I don't know that for a fact). It just seems like she is one of several possible suspects, and there was pressure to solve the case because of the anniversary of the murders, but then I really don't know any of that for fact.

IMO, I don't find Cold Justice to be biased at all. With the team's help, the names of several individuals have been cleared -- some who have been under suspicion for years -- in many of cases they've worked on.

The interview with Terri starts around the 31:45 mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u70V13rEXk

IMO, I don't find Cold Justice to be biased at all. With the team's help, the names of several individuals have been cleared -- some who have been under suspicion for years -- in many of cases they've worked on.

The interview with Terri starts around the 31:45 mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u70V13rEXk

I LOVE that show!! I am impatiently waiting for next season!

Me too! I love Kelly, Yolanda, and the team. :D

Did you watch the new episodes on June 20th and 27th?

Cold Justice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The next one is July 11th. :(

I would love for them to do an episode on Jodi's case! :loveyou:

Thanks!! Awesome news--2 episodes I haven't seen yet.:loveyou:

They should totally do Jodi's case--I think it is very solvable! I'm going to research how to make case suggestions & submit her case.

Thanks!! Awesome news--2 episodes I haven't seen yet.:loveyou:

They should totally do Jodi's case--I think it is very solvable! I'm going to research how to make case suggestions & submit her case.

Unfortunately, they say they can only review cases submitted by law enforcement agencies as per the red text here:

http://www.tntdrama.com/series/cold-justice/tips/

Fingers crossed that one of the LEOs handling Jodi's case can submit it someday. :please:

I may try to find an e-mail address to ask someone since I don't have Facebook and that seems to be the best method these days, haha. :)

I found this information through the link you posted earlier, but it doesn't have a specific contact person but mentions a Lt. Frank Stearns, Criminal Investigations Division Commander, earlier on the page:

If you have any information concerning Jodi Huisentruit’s disappearance, please contact the Mason City Police Department at (641) 421-3636 or the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation at (515) 725-6010 or email dciinfo@dps.state.ia.us.

http://iowacoldcases.org/case-summaries/jodi-huisentruit/

My wish is that Jodi's loved ones get closure before they pass, I know they're getting up there in age. I remember an interview they aired on the news with Jodi's mother, and she was saying all she wanted was to find her daughter before she left this world. With all she's been through, she deserves that at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny