IL IL - Boy, 2-3 yo, wandering alone 1:30am West 107th St, Roseland Dist, no shoes or pants, speaks Spanish, looking for his family, Chicago, 21 Dec 2023

The parents have been identified. An investigation is underway. Reported this morning on Chicago News. Toddler, parents ID’d after boy found wandering alone on South Side; police investigating
Well, at least the little guy is indoors and not at risk of being outside in this weather. And his parents have been identified -- how, I wonder?
What's the story WRT the little guy being outside and in inappropriate (IMO) clothing?
Hoping for more info, and hoping this little boy will have a safe place to live.

It might not be great news. Woud'nt a parent report a missing toddler IMMEDIATELY?

The child, scantily dressed as he was in the cold early morning hours in Chicago, and being left in the dark all alone, is inexcusable unless there were certain circumstances whereby the parents could not physically possess their child: parents were dead or their child was kidnapped from them and left at the street. Incarceration wouldn't make sense. Maybe they could not care for him financially.

They apparently aren't dead, or they are, but I don't need police to tell me that the child is not currently with the parents for what agency would do such a thing to this beautiful little Spanish boy so quickly in this situ? Were the parents angry at him because he wouldn't sleep or wanted something good to eat? Put him outside because he was crying? Maybe it's best I don't know why the toddler was found abandoned. He is alive and that's a rich blessing. May he perform many great things in life.

All speculation and opinions of my own

It might not be great news. Woud'nt a parent report a missing toddler IMMEDIATELY?

Not if they’re illegal immigrants they might not imo

You'd lose your child to avoid getting your legal papers?
@Mauig’ma is most likely not referring to themselves as not reporting the child missing. It was a suggestion that the parents might not report a missing toddler due to immigrant status. Then, the sanctuary city issue was mentioned so being illegally in Chicago is less likely for his mom and dad. imo

Perhaps, in the least, a parenting class must be attended for a certain length of time in order to regain custody of this cutie pie.

@Mauig’ma is most likely not referring to themselves as not reporting the child missing. It was a suggestion that the parents might not report a missing toddler due to immigrant status. Then, the sanctuary city issue was mentioned so being illegally in Chicago is less likely for his mom and dad. imo

Perhaps, in the least, a parenting class must be attended for a certain length of time in order to regain custody of this cutie pie.
Of course, I didn't mean that Mauig'ma, herself' would do so. I was just questioning if anyone would just ignore the reports of their child being in state custody because of their immigration status.

If the child was born here they'd be able to eventually stay because he is a citizen already. JMO

I did not remember that this toddler only speaks Spanish. Always good to look back to refresh on details and to see how far along the Police Investigation is.

1/2/2024 NBC Chicago via MSN

Officials said the boy only speaks Spanish and has straight, dark brown hair with light complexion and hazel eyes.
Anyone with information should call the Area Two Special Victims Unit at 312-747-8274.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irennnnn
Back